The Dadjoke Awakens: Tanktimus Becomes a Parent

So I'm using my Admin/Mod powers to write up this post early in the event Baby Tank also comes early. We are in the window where if the baby comes it's safe to do natural childbirth at the birthing center. The due date is the 8th of September the last day of the previous challenge and the beginning of zero week. Incidentally, if zero week starts early it's because I put the new forums up the day before I normally do in case the baby comes on time. When the baby comes I'll be taking off five weeks from work, so I can probably still post and be on here once we get settled back at home. 

Goals:

Cooking: Do it.

Workouts: at least 10.

Stuff to do while not at work:

• Finish the baby room (she will be sleeping in the pack and play in our room for a couple of months at first so we have time)
  • Get an eye exam and new glasses [contacted Optometrist to request exam]
  • Fix the passenger door on my truck [Currently seeking estimates]
  • Get tires on Truck Rotated and balanced
  • Get Firewood for "winter" (Help a buddy chop down a tree and cut up the wood which we will share)
  • Finish Hanging Decorations
  • Obtain and hang curtains for the house
  • Organize Garage and Shed
  • Like 18

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Getting in on this from the ground floor :) 

• Like 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 9/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, Raxie said:

Using my powers to cheat and be first! :D Can't wait for baby Tank!!!! <3

Welcome! 

15 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Getting in on this from the ground floor :) 

Glad to have you!

So this update is going up the day before the challenge goes live, baby is already here and updates are still on the old thread.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 9/3/2019 at 1:52 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Stuff to do while not at work:

• Finish the baby room (she will be sleeping in the pack and play in our room for a couple of months at first so we have time)
  • Get an eye exam and new glasses
  • Fix the passenger door on my truck
  • Get tires on Truck Rotated and balanced
  • Get Firewood for "winter" (Help a buddy chop down a tree and cut up the wood which we will share)
  • Finish Hanging Decorations
  • Obtain and hang curtains for the house
  • Organize Garage and Shed

This looks remarkably like a "sushi list" :-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

1 hour ago, Xena said:

This looks remarkably like a "sushi list" :-)

True, except I won't make myself wait for sushi :D 

In keeping with the theme of this challenge, I'd like to point out that at the birth I told a Dad joke none of the midwives have heard before. At one point we were in the birthing tub (Eventually gave birth on the bed at the birth center) and part of the head could be felt by the midwife. She said the head was wrinkly, and I said, "Well, she's been in the tub her whole life."

I found out later that was a new one to them. I was very proud of myself.

• Like 7
  • Haha 19

Current Challenge

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She said the head was wrinkly, and I said, "Well, she's been in the tub her whole life."

Not even that groan worthy.  Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

First page!  Here to bask n the glory that is Baby Tank.....

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

15 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Not even that groan worthy.  Well done!

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Rinna said:

First page!  Here to bask n the glory that is Baby Tank.....

Welcome. Here are some pics. Some may have been in the old thread, some will have been on FB already. Spoilered for size.

Spoiler

MnJswOe.jpg

wccQYUo.jpg

YAwzRm6.jpg

mrIlHNc.jpg

This one has my MIL in it:
MJzUIEb.jpg

• Like 18

Current Challenge

giphy.gif

Following for the Great Rise of the Dad Joke!!

• Like 5

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

On 9/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She said the head was wrinkly, and I said, "Well, she's been in the tub her whole life."

I’m generally not a fan of dad jokes, but this is hella clever. Well done, sir. 

• Thanks 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

giphy.gif

Following for the Great Rise of the Dad Joke!!

Welcome!

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

I’m generally not a fan of dad jokes, but this is hella clever. Well done, sir. 

Thank you! That means a lot.

1 hour ago, deftona said:

If all your dad jokes are going to be like this I am going to have to insist you adopt me immediately, sir.

:wub:

5 minutes ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

So are the names now going to change to Tank Dad and Tank Mom? Or maybe Dada Tank and Mama Tank?

No, but we can add new characters, TankMIL (Sra. Tanque's Mom), TankFIL(Sra. Tanque's Dad), Grandpa Tank (my dad) and Grandma Tank (My mom).

Today is a good day. Baby and Mama are still doing well. We stayed home from church (which is why the forums went up earlier in the day than normal). Our pastor and pastor's wife came over after church and visited for a bit and gushed over the baby :) They also brought food. I cooked yesterday. I marinated chicken thighs (boneless skinless) in avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, rosemary and parsley for about three hours before putting them into the oven for 20 minutes at 425 degrees. I also steamed some green beans in the bag they came in. There were also garlic mashed potatoes: baby gold potatoes boiled then mashed with butter, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

For any newcomers, I don't recommend reading my thread while you are hungry.

• Like 13

Current Challenge

Look at those legs!!! She will be a squat queen
Following for Dad jokes and zero week hyyyyyype~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We stayed home from church (which is why the forums went up earlier in the day than normal).

Okay, and I'm over here thinking, OH I have PLENTY of time to write something up tomorrow since Baby Tank is here, and LOOK where I'm at! HOISTED BY MY OWN PETARD.

sorrycaps baby tank is sleeping

i'm so happy for you guys, jeez, jeeeeeez~ <3

• Like 6

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If you do change, I like Papa Tank.

I like the sound of it. I don't object to being called that.

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

Look at those legs!!! She will be a squat queen
Following for Dad jokes and zero week hyyyyyype~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her legs are sooo strong!

17 minutes ago, shaar said:

Okay, and I'm over here thinking, OH I have PLENTY of time to write something up tomorrow since Baby Tank is here, and LOOK where I'm at! HOISTED BY MY OWN PETARD.

sorrycaps baby tank is sleeping

i'm so happy for you guys, jeez, jeeeeeez~ <3

No worries, she isn't at the point yet where you have to be silent while she is sleeping.

8 minutes ago, Xena said:

LOL!

:D 

So a friend from high school who lives close by and has a two year old just dropped off a 4moms mamaRoo (spaceship rocker/glider dooda) and we tried a paci for the first time. This combo is magic for her!

• Like 9

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I like the sound of it. I don't object to being called that.

Her legs are sooo strong!

No worries, she isn't at the point yet where you have to be silent while she is sleeping.

:D 

So a friend from high school who lives close by and has a two year old just dropped off a 4moms mamaRoo (spaceship rocker/glider dooda) and we tried a paci for the first time. This combo is magic for her!

Mine had a swing that had a seat and a basket (interchangeable) and it was magic.  When the time comes (not for a while) I suggest nipping the tip off the paci.  They cant get suction and it pops right back out.  They give it up on their own.  At least mine did.  They didn’t want to sit there and hold it in.......Does angel baby have a name, and are we allowed to know said name?  

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

14 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thanks for the tip. Are you on FB? We are using real names on there.

Sadly, I am not.  

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

On 9/3/2019 at 1:52 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is so rangery of you! 

Following! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.