• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

{[Raxie]} Penemue's Quest for the Blade of the Serpent

On 9/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, Starpuck said:

Ooooh love the glimpse into the beginnings.  And Dean Winchester is so damn appropriate in this moment, I could almost die. :D

Thanks! Me too - considering I really have no plan for this background I'm looking forward to finding out how it all goes too haha

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

Just read the second part of the backstory, so dark! So moody! So fun!

Hahah if there's one thing I know about Penemue it's that she's moody XD

9 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

What a cool challenge! I love the story already and my OCD is fangirling over those sexy sexy checkboxes :-)

Thankssss! It's weird how much they inspire me to fill them in!

• Like 3

imgbin-marceline-the-vampire-queen-ice-k

So I've come to the realization that Penemue is VERY MUCH based on Marceline from adventure time. Like, pretty much to a T.  I can't believe I didn't realize this inspiration source before haha. 

Anyway, this week is going super well. I messed up my neck/shoulder doing OHPs on Monday, I kept thinking I slept on it wrong but I think I actually really did pull something. Of course it's the side I need to contract to get into the right head position for dance and of course I have a big performance in a week.  I ordered some KT tape and haven't lifted again this week in hopes it'll help. Now that it's been a few days I do feel a *little* better so I think I'm going to lift again, but just skip the stuff that works that area (ie anything overhead and pull ups/rows). Hmf. So annoying. I hope this KT helps, I know it's helped with my quad before so we'll see.

I've been eating SO WELL this week, prepping all the delicious things seriously helped. I can't believe how long I went without meal prepping. The pork loin turned out especially good.

Dance-wise, I've been OBSESSING over paso doble lately.  I just started taking a class last week, and then asked my main teacher to teach me a routine so we could compete it in October. It's so damn hard and different, but for some reason I am really into it.  Like, usually if I'm super struggling with technique I get caught up in that and don't let myself get into the dancing aspect too much but I just feel the whole aggressive vibe so much I'm feeling it so much even though my technique leaves much to be desired. It's inspired by bull fighting, the leader is the metador and the follower is the cape (and sometimes the bull).  Even just the posture is nothing like any of the other dances it's nuts. Can't wait to go deeper into this.

Oh also, I can finally do pretty OK single turns and when I go for a double I usually make it around 1.5x before I get off balance which like huge freaking progress from just a few months ago so YAY. 

Also, side note, I forgot to mention that ROMWOD has a super long 40 minute routine once a week, which is the one I usually skip to hit it 6x/week, but in case I miss one I can do the long one and it can count as 2. I'll be doing that this week since I skipped an extra day because of my neck/shoulder. I have similar things that count as 2 (ie a bonus point) if I do them and can do them once a week for each daily goal, except for making the bed, if I don't do that it just is what it is:

• ROMWOD bonus: 40 minute warrior routine
  • Scoop litter bonus: Scoop both litters in one day (I alternate which of the 2 I scoop every day)
  • Swish & Swipe Bathroom bonus: Wipe down both bathrooms in one day (I also alternate here usually)
  • 10 minute declutter bonus: 20 minute declutter
  • 5 minute roll out bonus: 10 minute roll out but on 2 different body parts
  • PM skin care bonus: do a face mask

These can count towards my overall percentage tracker for the challenge but won't count for filling in the boxes - the boxes track how many actual days I did it, but the % bar is what I can make up for with bonuses to try to hit 100% even if I miss something.

My checkboxes are looking pretty good so far! Hope everyone's weekend is going good.

Oh! Also our D&D PbP google doc has been updated to be current if you're interested in giving it a read. Some really fun stuff going on over there :D

• Like 10

Mmm girl I love your trackers.  

So much.

Oof on the neck shoulder twinge.   FREAKING TWINGES!     Nice to hear you're seeing self progress!  Sometimes it's so hard to actually see and admit that.   Yanno?

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:50 PM, Starpuck said:

Mmm girl I love your trackers.  

So much.

Oof on the neck shoulder twinge.   FREAKING TWINGES!     Nice to hear you're seeing self progress!  Sometimes it's so hard to actually see and admit that.   Yanno?

Right back at ya! Your bullet journal trackers are BOMB!

Yeah, it's worse than I thought it was actually, more on that in my update to come, but I'm glad I'm at a place in my life where I can let myself take the time to heal instead of worrying about progress loss for sure.

13 hours ago, maegs said:

Following for storytime and checkboxes! :smile-new:

What's a swish & swipe bathroom?

I got the term from when I used to do Fly Lady - the swish is for doing a quick swish around the toilet bowl with the toilet brush (not like a real scrubbing, just a literal 0.05 millisecond swirl to keep the funk at bay), and swipe is doing a quick once over on the sink counter like to get all the water off from washing faces/brushing teeth/removing hair from hair brushing/etc. The idea is to take 5 seconds a day to maintain the bathroom so it never gets to a gross point.

• Like 3

giphy.gif

^^what Penemue's necrotic shroud wings will look like

Grumble grumble.  This challenge has been kind of thrown off by my messed up shoulder.  I thought it was doing OK enough to do non-trap/back/shoulder focused lifts (ie no OHP or OHS, no rows, no pull ups) but then when I went to do squats, which obviously still works all of those muscles a little to hold the weight up, my trap/shoulder/upper back pain just kind of exploded.  So I decided to just completely not lift at all for the rest of last week (which makes 1 lifting session in week 0) and to skip my first lifting session this week in week 1 as well.

Some book keeping on this: This isn't going to count against my stats/trackers, and I'm going to count percentages as if my goal in week 0 was 1 and my goal in week 1 was 2 lifting sessions because punishing myself for letting an injury heal is dumb. This is represented by putting dots inside the squares on the tracker ( ▣ ), and the percentage bar does not include an empty spot for the miss.  Then, as discussed above, I have the opportunity to make up some missed stuff retroactively by doing extra work later on.  If I make up something I missed it's marked by a square with lines through it ( ), and the percentage bar gets filled credit for doing that item.

Anyway, after using athletic tape for about 5 days, skipping some more heavy stretches for that area, icing, massaging and taking anti-inflammatories every day it is FINALLY feeling almost 100%. I took the athletic tape off this morning, and will probably put a new round on tonight before dance, but not as much as before, and think I should be good to go very soon, hopefully before Saturday since it's a big day for me. This Saturday I have a showcase performance (I'm doing a quickstep/cha cha/jazz number to a compelation of the best songs from Singing in the Rain) and an intramural competition (doing bronze heats in international cha cha, samba, rumba, paso, jive, and viennese waltz).  All of this is preceded by a day full of dance work shops from visiting instructors.  So, yeah, I better be feeling good by then and if not I'll just be sucking it up ::shrug::

My apartment is somehow a total disaster, I'm having people over Saturday after all the dance stuff so I REALLY need to clean it ugh. I had a dance lesson and D&D (DMing) Monday, two classes Tuesday, have an HRC meeting and a lesson tonight and a class and D&D (playing) tomorrow night so I'll have to somehow squeeze that in. And I also have to batch cook tonight since I won't have much time this weekend. On the  menu:

• Breakfast: pork sausage, hard boiled egg, asparagus, tomato, feta bowls
  • Lunch 1: Chicken strip, baby spinach, jack cheese & buffalo sauce gluten free pasta salad
  • Lunch 2: Turkey breast, baby arugula, tomato, Swiss cheese & lemon hummus gluten free pasta salad
  • Dinner 1: Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage, Potatoes, Green Peppers & Onions
  • Dinner 2: Tikka Masala Chicken Breast with broccoli over rice
  • Snacks: Quest s'mores protein bars

Speaking of D&D I had my first session last Friday where my new Tabaxi Bard came out to play! I love him so far.  He plays the tambourine and dances around like Stevie Nicks with it and he's a snow leopard. His vibe is totally different than my last ditzy Josie and the Pussy Cats drummer inspired bard who died gloriously as the last survivor of her party, running away from some bug bears with a severed drow head in hand and falling into a trap haha. Our party is headed to Skullport so things are about to get REAL very quickly. For those of you not into D&D lore, Skullport is in the upper Underdark which is basically a whole underground world where evil/morally ambiguous folk live, particularly the drow who are dark elves. Should be fun! My DMing has been much less stressful lately because I put aside a HUGE chunk of time this past weekend setting up about 1/2 of the campaign for both of the games I'm running by drawing maps, rolling encounters, etc etc, so now I can just show up carefree to games just like my players and take advantage of all the work I put in beforehand for probably a few months hahah.

AND ON TO THE BEST NEWS EVARRRR!!!!! So my souldmate cat that I've had since he was a kitten died earlier this year.  I've had many cats over the years, and I still have 2 now, but he was like... THE SWEETEST and so very bonded to me and it was really rough for me when he passed.  The two I still have are really aloof and I love them but they're not really the personalities that I look for intentionally in a cat, I've just kind of ended up with them. Flash forward to last night when my good friend from college texts me and says she found the sweetest little cat outside her apartment who needs a home and this baby girl is SO DAMN SWEET she basically jumped into my arms when I met her.  So now she is mine, her name is Charlie.  She is 7ish months old and she is purry and cuddly and follows me around the apartment and I can't stand how much I love her already omgggg.  Pictures to come :)

That's all for now, I need to do a real update with bullet journally stuff and some narrative but I'll save that for tomorrow.

• Like 10

Omg kitteh news!!! That is wonderful Raxie!

I am ... only won over by sweet kitties, so I bet I'd love her.  =)

Great job on NOT punishing yourself for the injury heal.  I need to take a page out of your book.  I think this hip needs softer stretching, massage, Advil and REST... not pushing through it.  Thanks for sharing here, so I could get that reminder.

Your tabaxi sounds hunky!   Hubba hubba!

Kittehs!!!!!

Also bummer about the shoulder, but it’ll at least give you room to focus more on dance. Looking amazeballs there, btw - I don’t remember what your last post was on IG - a collage??? But it was another daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:42 AM, Starpuck said:

Omg kitteh news!!! That is wonderful Raxie!

I am ... only won over by sweet kitties, so I bet I'd love her.  =)

SHE IS THE SWEETEST!!! I can't handle it.  Though I think she likes one of my friends who's been over a lot lately so I am going to have to just forcibly cuddle her for the entire weekend to reconcile this haha.

Great job on NOT punishing yourself for the injury heal.  I need to take a page out of your book.  I think this hip needs softer stretching, massage, Advil and REST... not pushing through it.  Thanks for sharing here, so I could get that reminder.

Sorry your hip is giving you problems! My shoulder is still kinda tweaky as well, I've decided to just totally chill on everything lifting related until October and that's just fine.  It's not a race :)

Your tabaxi sounds hunky!   Hubba hubba!

He's the best! And he dances :D

On 9/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Sorry to hear on the messed up shoulder, but glad you're rolling with the punches and still getting in some good dancing!!

Thanks! Luckily it doesn't hurt enough to effect dancing, it's my left arm so there's at least a little less going on strength wise while dancing that in the right arm too... I've just been lazy about my styling which I can work with for now.

12 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Kittehs!!!!! emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

Also bummer about the shoulder, but it’ll at least give you room to focus more on dance. Looking amazeballs there, btw - I don’t remember what your last post was on IG - a collage??? But it was another daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn emoji7.png

Lurve my kittennnn <3

Hahah I'm not focusing more on dance, just gaining some free time XD I guess mentally I did focus a bit more on dancing though.  I posted a bunch of pictures from my performance/competition over the weekend! So much funnnnn. I'll be sharing some video here shortly :)

• Like 3

DqXhYq3WkAAFrll.png

A summer eladrin <3

Not a whole lot of time today - just wanted to pop in and say I'm breaking totally from lifting until next week because my shoulder/neck is STILL super angry.  It's way less angry than it was, but I don't want to risk it. I'm getting a massage with my sister on Friday so hopefully that helps. I'll reassess on Sunday and figure out how to adjust my challenge tracking accordingly.

My dance thing over the weekend went so well!!!! Our first performance of singing in the rain went off pretty much without a hitch, and I feel super confident and ready to do it for realsies at the real competition in October.  I am a little stressed about competing some paso in October though so I might try to squeeze in some extra lessons in October.

Mr. Raxie has decided to start DMing. So I have been sucked into yet another D&D game. That'll be six for me now XD. When exactly is it time to admit I have a problem??? My character for this one is an Summer Eladrin Elf Swashbuckling Rogue. Which basically means I'm a more wild/chaotic type elf closer related to the fey than the tamer more socliazied/civilized elves who live in the regular (material) world.  Her shtick will basically be teleporting into battle, lighting stuff on fire, stabbing enemies with 2 weapons, and doing massive damage before slipping away without being caught.  Lucky for us, I always DM on alternating Monday nights so the opposite weeks Monday evenings are free for him to grab up without causing much a fuss with our schedules.  Hooray!

And the exciting stuff - a video of my Singing in the Rain dance!!! This is literally my favourite dance I've ever done in my history of dancing since i was 3 years old, with the exception of Rythm of the Night  in high school (which we did jazz en pointe for that - so darn cool). So, so, so happy with everything about this choreography and the costumes and the execution UGH, hope y'all enjoy (there's 3 parts to the video so once the first one ends you'll have to scroll to the next one within the instagram box, same after the second one):

I'll be posting stuff from the heats in the coming weeks too, but none of them are as fun or as good as that show case.

• Like 10

On 9/27/2019 at 1:11 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Ummm I'm literally in awe of how you make time for dance and so much D&D on top of it! Super cool of you to do!

Someone recently asked me what dark magic I possess that I can play so much D&D, dance so much, volunteer so seriously with HRC AND have a full time job. My answer was insomnia and at first I was joking but now I can't find the lie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Penemue snapped awake.  Still immersed in thoughts of her dream, she at first could not tell if the smell of smoke and the sound of screams was in her head or actually coming through her window.  Penemues thoughts fully came into reality when her mother, morningstar in hand, slammed open her door and shouted, “Pen - hide!” Glancing out the window before diving under her bed, Penemue saw the bakery across the street was in flames.  The owners, the Goldenfields, were on the street crying. A vicious looking group surrounded them - a red headed human man on a warhorse held a fireball in his hand, a gnome with long flowing hair riding a mastiff circled the family intimidatingly as a shadow swirled around her fist, and worst of all, a strange elf holding impossibly sharp glowing twin daggers was riding what appeared to be a 10 foot long spider.  With a start, Penemue realized the rogue elf must be a dark elf - a drow - but having never seen one she could not be sure. 

From under her bed she heard the drow say “Do not resist, we have no desire to do further damage to you or your town.  We merely require your assistance. This bakery here seemed like such a prosperous establishment we were sure they would be able to give us what we needed, but alas they denied us.  Do not make the same mistake. Your weapon and potions business must be quite profitable, just look at that craftsmanship on that morningstar!” With a growing horror Penemue realized the drow was speaking to her parents.  A smaller voice, presumably of the gnome, added “It really is quite simple, just give us all of your gold and we will leave you in peace. Or do not, and suffer the same fate of this lovely family.” Unable to see, all Penemue heard was a high pitched scream of pain.  

At the sound, Penemues scar began to throb and she heard the faint echo of a whisper in her head, “Join us…” Almost uncontrollably, Penemue burst out from under her bed and ran outside, grasping at her chest with a fury and focus like she had never felt before raging inside her. She saw the gnome had dismounted her mastiff and was pressing her finger against the forehead of Lucia Goldenfield, the mother of the family who owned the bakery. A dark energy was flowing into Lucia and seeping out of her pores as she writhed in pain

Pen! No! Go back inside!” Her father shouted desperately.

The goblin looked up and turned to Penemue, pulling her finger from Lucia who unconsciously slumped to the ground.  She sounded amused as she said, “Well aren’t you quite the pretty girl. Come to save your parents and tell me where you keep your money and valuable supplies? We could certainly use some of those expensive healing potions as well, now that I think about it

Penemue took in the scene fully now - the two still conscious Goldenfields were staring at their burning home with glassy eyes. Karella, the baker's daughter who was only a year younger than Pen looked so small as she grasped at her mother’s hand.  The wizard playfully bounced the fireball between his hands from his horseback, taking in Penemue’s home and waiting for the word to burn it down. The drow’s fingers twitched above his daggers and looked impatiently towards Penemue’s parents, clearly wanting to simply kill them all and take their goods and move on to the next town. Only the gnome maintained eye contact with Penemue as a surge of anger shot through her. “No.” Penemue said simply

“I was hoping you’d say that” replied the gnome, smiling and clenching her fist. Shadows surged around her hand as she launched her small body towards Penemue.  Penemue heard both of her parents shouting, but she couldn’t make out the words or the direction the sounds were coming from. All she could see was the gnome running towards her with her hands outstretched.  A sense of stillness and calm washed over Pen, and she again heard the echo in her mind, “Join us…”. This was it, this was battle, this was what she had been waiting for.  

The gnome reached her and wrapped her small hands around Penemue’s neck.  Penemue felt a deep cold energy begin to flow through her from the gnomes hands, but it was only a nuisance in the back of her mind that for some reason was not affecting her.  The gnome pulled back, a confused look in her eye, appearing to only really truly see Penemue now for the first time. She began to say “Why isn't…?” when suddenly Penemue pressed her hand against her serpentine mark on her chest and screamed unintelligibly on the top of her lungs - she had no specific goal or intention behind the scream, only adrenaline pumping through her and the single focus of destroying her enemy.   She felt her back erupt in an explosion of energy that was so cold it burned. Looking up she saw the shadows of skeletal wings spanning at least 7 feet beginning to unfold around her

“I said, no.” Penemue repeated calmly. The gnomes eyes went wide with fear and she cried out, “What...are you?” as she retreated towards her mastiff.  Penemue shot glances at the human and the drow, each of whom let out a small yelp and began kicking their mounts to flee the town as quickly as possible, the gnome not far behind.  

Satisfied, Penemue glanced at the Goldenfields.  They were looking at her in fear, as if Penemue had not seen this family every day of her life.  With tears in her eyes, Karella repeated what the gnome had said, “What are you?!

Penemue tried to turn to look at her parents, but in a sudden wave of dizziness, she collapsed into unconsciousness.

skeltaltags-764453.jpeg

Starting anew today for the month of October! My injury is finally 100% behind me so I am ready to dive back into all my goals. I'm essentially re-starting the challenge from here on out because I don't have the time/energy to re-math everything to forgive myself for what I skipped (ie lifting & more intense stretching). So... here we go! I'll post some bullet journal goodness tomorrow.

Had a good lesson last night, saw some good progress with my jive which made me happy. DMed, had a really good session with setting up a home base for the party. And also got some reading done (currently reading Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut for my book club with my family). Tonight I've got 2 dance classes and am going to lift afterwards. Tomorrow I actually have a free night I'm so excited! Will probably have to work on sending emails and stuff for the gala but it'll be nice to do it at my own pace. Or maybe I'll just play some Borderlands with Mr. Raxie :)

• Like 8