Ye Sherry-Cask-Aged Ranger Guild Hall [General Chat]

Raxie

All of that pumpkin talk is so weird but I love the ranger kind of weirdness, so you're all good.

Just popping in here to share with my extended online family the joy of signing my gym membership.
24/7 access to iron. Ain't that pretty?f7c0a0b3359bce7a55624e826d1b3b7a.jpg

send from my phone, bear with me.

• Like 9

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

On 9/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, Raxie said:

tavern__c__by_vitiateart-dcg6160.jpg

After fighting all those smelly goblins last challenge, the Rangers deserve a drink.  Come on in and pick your poison and settle into the infinite non-euclidean dark corners that are always available here - cheers!

I was going to fight @deftona for that middle costume but I need something that comes in an animal print to stay on-brand

• Like 3

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

I was going to fight [mention=18986]deftona[/mention] for that middle costume but I need something that comes in an animal print to stay on-brand

Good because that outfit is so me I'd be fighting extra dirty to win it.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

26 minutes ago, deftona said:

that was exactly my thought

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

38 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Technically, the outfit in the middle is actually that of the barman in the background.

T e c h n i c a l l y

There's a reason we only get to see the Barman's face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 9/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, deftona said:

On 9/15/2019 at 5:30 PM, DJtrippyT said:

that was exactly my thought

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

On 9/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Raxie said:

At least you didn't make the mistake I did....

PSspam-main.jpg

Yes, it's real.

While I know it's real...i don't understand WHY it's real....:huh:

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Wait, so you'd wear that lady's outfit and the barman's face?

Almost where my mind went...but close enough :lol:

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE isn't cutting it!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 69

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

The heat index was 104°F today. I don't know if I can stomach pumpkin anything until the temperature gets below 92°

:frog:

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

Cheetah saunters wearily in and collapses into an armchair.  The window by the chair is open and a cool evening breeze plays in. In moments he is asleep. 

• Like 5

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 9/18/2019 at 7:59 AM, Raxie said:

Oh god I did not notice that barman creeping like that when I posted this XD XD

image.png.3e47e6ac7e1141123fca46ef2efdb9cb.png

image.png.df3d8f9c2cc5b2d368b846730710fb51.png

image.png.6e0502b798c152ae56f228ef0412157b.png

WHY HELLO WEARY TRAVELERS ~ ~

I'm laughing way harder at this than I should be huh

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Barkeep! (our barkeep, not the creepy dude)

Another round for everyone! Just because.

Let's go get that week, Rangers. Can we do it? YES WE CAN!

Yesterday I did heavy squats to diggy diggy hole. And standing deadlifts to this: enjoy.

Also, as always:

send from my phone, bear with me.

• Like 5

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Spoiler

Rangers, we're starting the third week of this challenge, and I invite you to climb up here alongside me and take a good look at it.

The new week stretches out in front of us, fresh and unbroken like a field of snow, or perhaps a threatening desert, or a confusing dark forest filled with heavy smells and all those scary sounds of little critters running out from under your feet. Regardless of what form it takes, it shares one feature across all of our adventures; and that is that it is new and waiting for us to leave a mark on it. Yes, there are challenges and pitfalls ahead that we can't see; but standing here at the edge, looking out across it together, we have the power to set the tone for what this week is going to look like.

Facing a formless desert-week and aren't sure which way to go? You can choose any direction and see what happens. Leave a trail for yourself so you can find your way back if you need to. Facing a scary forest-week with lots of places for critters and bugs and villains to hide? Make sure you have your flashlight, and if you can take a friend or two, that's even better. Facing a week that looks like an idyllic fairytale and you can't wait to get started on it? Know where your weapons are stashed, but consider being brave enough to leave them stowed, and to walk through the fields with your hands open, not worrying what might wait around the corner. 

We can't control what's going to happen to us this week, but we can stand here together and decide what attitude we're going to face it with. We can decide we're going to be courageous, we're going to make decisions that move us closer to our goals, we're going to watch out for each other and help each other up when we need to. We're going to be prepared for catastrophes but know we don't have to fear them. We're going to value and cherish our bodies as part of our own selves, and we're going to care for them with the nutrients, movement, rest and care they deserve. 

The circumstances we face this week are only half the story. What makes the action, the stuff that stories are made of, is how we choose to respond to it.

I'm right here beside you. Let's take a crack at this thing.

• Like 10

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |