Cry Havoc: Stranger. Poet. Thief.

Rurik Harrgath

269d65718707fbca58a535353ef81480.jpg

BLOOD, IRON & ALCHEMY  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™: 

• Sub-quest:  Noodle Bowls prepared:  

• 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ]
  • Weekly weigh-in: __.

THE DEMON WITHIN  "Step into the Abyss. Welcome it, know it. It is yours now.”  [+5 CHA]

• Engage in 4 sessions of positive Self-Care per week:  ☐☐☐☐

• Any Social Networking™  activity once weekly: 

ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE   The Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 2 of 7 days/week:  

• Moment of Positivity shared per update: 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In ProgressIllidan by William King.

• Currency: Work [1] overtime shift this challenge.

• Sanctum:   Finishing touches on kitchen.

• Sanctum:   Baseboards in Den, Guest and Laundry rooms.

CHALLENGE INSPIRATION:

My mojo seems many miles away; it could just as easily be locked away in Atlantis or barricaded behind legions of foes and bosses beneath a dark dungeon.  Merely seeking out a return to elder days in the sun feels like too much some days, attaining it and reimbuing myself with the inspiration and capabilities of old more so a distant dream than a goal worth aspiring toward.  Still, a life spent listing like a man lost on the sea is no life at all when that same man can and should be the Master and Commander of his own Fate.

Maybe now just another down-on-his-luck scoundrel selling his skills and wits to the highest bidder, I can’t forget the earlier glories of the barbarian and tomb raider; days before my moral compass ceased to point magnetic north.  The demon hunter was born from that bleak miasma; the skull, horns and bow of the Hunter and the black wings of the Raven are carved-in-ink worldly reminders to dark depths which have been plumbed and continue to be narrowly skirted with varying degrees of success in recent days. 

Though debatable the level of magnificence, the bastard persists; battered, bruised, and a little weary, but stubbornly perseveres and continuing to spit in Fate’s good eye.  No matter where life takes me, I refuse to remain merely a passenger.  I am the Stranger, the Poet, the Thief.

Ass in the saddle, boots on the pegs, and right hand on the throttle once again, dear friends.

Death awaits, but first… glory.

tumblr_otilpnzW3n1vpsgtho4_500.gif 

Dedicated to Sir Tanktimus for the encouragement to get my ass back on the Forums to at least reap the support network benefits, and maybe feel a slight bit like the Rurik of old once more.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

[Level ?] Veteran Dwarf Slayer (Path of the Zealot Barbarian/Champion Fighter)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Vanquisher's Leathers, Gridle & War Shroud, Howling War Axe (rare), Adventurer's pack & Dwarven alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Hello Rurik my old friend,

I've come to follow you again,

Because your challenge I was seeking,

All through the forums I was peeking,

And now I've found it,

And I'm here for you my friend,

And once again,

We read the words,

Of Rurik.

• Like 12

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

And now I've found it,

And once again,

We read the words,

Of Rurik.

The poet has been serenaded!  The stranger has returned.  The thief is prepared.

source.gif

4 hours ago, Rinna said:

There you are. Wondered where you was.....

I like to vanish into the mists only to return at the least expected time for dramatic effect.

It speaks to my vanity.  ;)

1 hour ago, Novaurora said:

Following!!

tenor.gif

• Like 3

Equipment: Vanquisher's Leathers, Gridle & War Shroud, Howling War Axe (rare), Adventurer's pack & Dwarven alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Here for the eye-spitting ^_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RURIK!!!! <3  Here to CAPS LOCK SUPPORT YOU in whatever you need!  Good to see you fellow Ranger!~

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

On 9/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

black wings of the Raven are carved-in-ink worldly reminders to dark depths which have been plumbed and continue to be narrowly skirted with varying degrees of success in recent days

My sidekick.

Where have you been! Nevermind. Glad you're back! I need all the noisy bearded cheering on I can get. Back atcha. May your challenge be victorious.

• Like 2

Previous challenge: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/119775-daemoncorax-starts-new-journey-level-1-hunter/

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)

On 9/7/2019 at 8:46 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:
  • The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™: 

Send noodz plz

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I read that first line as 'My momoajo feels mile away.'   

Also, I am so right there in the same place.  Brain is like 'Do it'.  The entire rest of me is like, 'meh.'    To quote a zillion people.
I agree with Tank™

Being here for the support benefits is a fantastic plan.      And while I've sucked at following anyone lately... let alone newfrend that posts hunky men pics... I am going to strive to get better at it!

Support mode: engaged!

• Like 6

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Momoa Monday.

I am on my phone and GIFs don’t load...

Rangers: kindly do the needful!

f774a52d501bf92e0a2a8a68d6da17d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
On 9/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

And now I've found it,

And once again,

We read the words,

Of Rurik.

You're more a bard than you think!! I also have a fond memory of you and I singing Bohemian Rhapsody when we first met up lol.

Always good to see ya around my friend. Miss your brooding sexiness ;). Also, I saw this pic when I was looking up valor bards on google and thought it looked an awful lot like someone I knew...

Image result for valor bard

I coulda SWORE that was you! 

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Challenge Journal:  September the 11th.

Oh hello, gentle reader.  Rurik of House Harrgath here, First of His Name, Skald-King and Jarl of the Rangers, Guild Leader of the Ranger Forum, Lord of Havoc Isle, Barbarian, Tomb Raider and Scoundrel Extraordinaire, the Magnificent Bastard™, Bringer of .gifs, and Father of #MomoaMonday, at your service. 

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

wu4S9tgVvazo8KyCa0hV0lmMIEoLBVCXZkpL_68T

Happy Momoa Monday!  More than be revealed of my prior whereabouts in time.  Back to CrossFit last week, three classes in so far (my fucking legs hurt so bad and cardio is sucking wind like an overweight grizzly bear), several days of balanced nutrition, and a better handle on my mental health of late.

Now if you will excuse me, I have protein cookies growing cold on my oven!

BLOOD, IRON & ALCHEMY  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:  ☑☑☐☐☐☐☐

• 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ]
  • Weekly weigh-in: _222_.

THE DEMON WITHIN  "Step into the Abyss. Welcome it, know it. It is yours now.”  [+5 CHA]

• Engage in 4 sessions of positive Self-Care per week:  ☐☐☐
  • Any Social Networking™  activity once weekly: 

ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE   The Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 2 of 7 days/week:  
  • Moment of Positivity shared per update: 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In ProgressIllidan by William King.
  • Currency: Work [1] overtime shift this challenge.
  • Sanctum:   Finishing touches on kitchen.
  • Sanctum:   Baseboards in Den, Guest and Laundry rooms.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, Yasha92 said:

Here for the eye-spitting ^_-

giphy.gif

On 9/8/2019 at 6:48 PM, shaar said:

RURIK!!!! <3  Here to CAPS LOCK SUPPORT YOU in whatever you need!  Good to see you fellow Ranger!~

tumblr_obfxbvJucD1skel9ko4_500.gif

On 9/9/2019 at 3:19 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Soulmate. Psycho. Gentleman

Now go rock this challenge and don't disappear again, or I will find you and shove that axehandle up where the sun don't shine <3

Three more words I'm terribly fond of.

Also, axes!

SprySpiffyCrayfish-size_restricted.gif

On 9/9/2019 at 2:14 PM, DaemonCorax said:

My sidekick.

Where have you been! Nevermind. Glad you're back! I need all the noisy bearded cheering on I can get. Back atcha. May your challenge be victorious.

Long story short, depression is a bitch and I was doing my best to hide under a rock, drown my sorrows in energy drinks, run from my problems on a motorcycle, and fraternize whenever possible.

aquaman.gif

tumblr_lmbg09iBuu1qb4p3ko1_500.gif

6848bb01452110a7efea7da10094bc23.gif

On 9/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, miss_marissa said:

Send noodz plz

page-image-8400-afe9690f-d5ca-4d9f-9c04-

On 9/9/2019 at 3:31 PM, Starpuck said:

I read that first line as 'My momoajo feels mile away.'   

Also, I am so right there in the same place.  Brain is like 'Do it'.  The entire rest of me is like, 'meh.'    To quote a zillion people.
I agree with Tank™

Being here for the support benefits is a fantastic plan.      And while I've sucked at following anyone lately... let alone newfrend that posts hunky men pics... I am going to strive to get better at it!

Support mode: engaged!

Sadly brain is like "meh" and everything else is like "meh."  But lately brain has been saying, "Don't do it for anyone else.  Don't do it because you're better than anyone else.  Do it because you're better than this, and if you think your life sucks, at least make the suck worth it, son!"

I guess that's kind of motivating...  *shrug*

On 9/9/2019 at 5:27 PM, Yasha92 said:

Momoa Monday.

I am on my phone and GIFs don’t load...

Rangers: kindly do the needful!

Happy belated Momoa Monday!

On 9/10/2019 at 12:19 AM, Salinger said:

Hey man!!! Good to see you!!! Hows the love life going? (sorry if a sore point tell me to shut up if needed)

Great to have you back in the Rangers, we missed you x

The love life had deceased, I wouldn't call it a sore point but it isn't a happy one.  Thankfully it is some time away and the scoundrel of old is poking his head into the dating pool once more.  I take myself on plenty of bachelor dates and have time to work on my house or ride my motorcycle.

Also have VIP tickets (meet & greet) for my favorite band AMON AMARTH for my birthday in October!

10 hours ago, Terra said:

So very happy to see you back.  I've missed the magnificent bastard that you are my friend!  

Sending hugs!

ImpeccableTastyCranefly-size_restricted.

10 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

Always good to see ya around my friend. Miss your brooding sexiness ;). Also, I saw this pic when I was looking up valor bards on google and thought it looked an awful lot like someone I knew...

I coulda SWORE that was you!

He wishes!

I'm the Skald-King though.  ;)

spotlight-skald.png

• Like 10

Hey, looks like you're going through some pretty heavy stuff, and I can totally relate as I spend the year dipping in and out of challenges, grappling with severe anxiety and depression over a plethora of stuff.

Love that you've got some self care in there for you, and kudos for having a really successful time of it so fat with food and crossfit.  We got this!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Also have VIP tickets (meet & greet) for my favorite band AMON AMARTH for my birthday in October!

Congrats on getting to see your favorite band!

Also:

SWEEPING DECLARATION!

October 3rd is International Jarl's Day. We will celebrate our favorite Rurik by drinking Pumpkin beer, or if you do not incline to alcohol, some other pumpkin beverage (PSL if you can, or Pumpkin tea). Also take pictures of and send him any pumpkin spice products you find between now and then!

• Like 9

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Squeeeeee! I saw these guys live the last time they were in Colorado. It was the friendliest awesome-ist pit :) We went with a local Ranger (the Army kind not the NF kind) vet group and a had a blast. It was funny though - I showed up at will call in jeans and a t-shirt and the guy asked me if I was at the right show. I'm old. I don't keep show-specific clothing around anymore. ><

Sorry to hear about the love life. Depression rears its head in the nastiest most lurking ways sometimes. It's good to hear you're focusing yourself on hobbies that make you happy. What kind of motorcycle?

• Like 2

Previous challenge: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/119775-daemoncorax-starts-new-journey-level-1-hunter/

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

He wishes!

I'm the Skald-King though.  ;)

That you are my friend...that you are!

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

October 3rd is International Jarl's Day. We will celebrate our favorite Rurik by drinking Pumpkin beer, or if you do not incline to alcohol, some other pumpkin beverage (PSL if you can, or Pumpkin tea). Also take pictures of and send him any pumpkin spice products you find between now and then!

Time to get my "basic white girl" motif going then ;)

Image result for basic white girl pumpkin spice meme

Wolf

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.