• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena - Just Keep Swimming....

Been around a while - you can check out my early threads in from my sig.....

Going to stick with simple.

1) Walking 3 - 5 days per week - trying to get up to 10k steps per day - currently trying to hit 7500 on a consistent basis
2) Eat more veggies - just need to work them into my diet on a regular basis - also - where possible - eat out less. Can't help eating out when I TRAVEL, but when I'm hope need to stop defaulting to "crap"
3) Continue to work on packing up the house so we can get it on the market and move. I know, I've said it for years, but we're making actual, real, progress!

That's it. Those 3 things....

Just keep swimming!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

This week so far has been utter... I'm not going to say failure. Just... *grumble*.

Sunday night - epic insomnia, didn't finally sleep until 3am. So didn't walk Monday AM.

Last night felt a migraine coming on - took meds - but didn't sleep worth shizzle because they just knocked it back some - so didn't get up and walk today either.

Not throwing in the towel. I've been making sure to get veggies in and have plans to get another truck load of stuff to Chattanooga this weekend. Progress WILL BE MADE!

• Like 5

This week has been a WASH workout-wise. I've felt like utter crap. It's, uh, hormonal - I'm 47, it's time to switch up the reason for hormonal crap but my reproductive system seems to think I'm still much younger. GAH.

Anyhoo - doing well on eating veggie front - and have plans for another trip up to drop off more stuff in our Storage Unit - so HUZZAH! And - it'll be a workout getting these bins downstairs - so there's that :)

• Like 4

Weekend "operation get some shizzle out of house to storage" was a SUCCESS! Since we own a truck, we're using plastic bins rather than cardboard boxes and it was not raining - 15 boxes of stuff that we want to keep but don't need "on hand" successfully moved to storage, last shelving unit (to keep storage unit organized and able to stack HIGH) but together, box fan & extension cord added (climate controlled, but air doesn't move so it gets warm moving stuff in\out and it really helps).

I'm traveling this coming week - head to airport Tuesday at noon and not back home until midnight-ish on Friday - so I'm going to FOCUS on food - namely eating getting some veggies injected into the diet and not default to burgers and fries..... I'll try to get a walk in tomorrow (Monday), there will be airport walking Tuesday and Friday - but the client wants to start at 8:30 so I probably won't try to get up way early to walk - and walking in the evening never works out for me - I wish it was a stress reliever for me, but alas, it's not.

• Like 4

Glad to hear some of the house stuff went well, good luck on the traveling, are you still traveling as much as you were or did it end up getting lighter like you had hoped (I am a bit out of date on challenges).

Glad to hear some of the house stuff went well, good luck on the traveling, are you still traveling as much as you were or did it end up getting lighter like you had hoped (I am a bit out of date on challenges).
I'm not traveling as much, but we're picking up projects so I'll be traveling more through year end I think...

The travel to Cleveland this week was my first trip in 6 weeks. Mind boggling.

Below is my travel (mostly, not everything went into Trip It) since starting this job at the end of 2012.

572b15431fe1d006fabcea4ecc65fd93.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I could not even comprehend traveling that much. I know it is not all for fun, but I hope at least something good comes from it. Have you started to settle more into a routine since you have been home more?

I could not even comprehend traveling that much. I know it is not all for fun, but I hope at least something good comes from it. Have you started to settle more into a routine since you have been home more?
I did. Getting in walks and cooking more again. Now to keep that up on weeks I'm home and now that it's cooler walk on the weekends too so it's not just airport hiking when I travel :)

• Like 1

This week has been a total success on the travel food. While I DID eat a burger one night - I skipped the bun, had roasted potatoes and a SALAD rather than fries - other than that I ate - like - almost healthy - with veggies and stuff......

Got in a fair amount of walking, although no formal "walk" - and other than Sunday night - got CLOSE to 8 hours of sleep a night. Still exhausted - but this is probably the closest to staying "on" for a trip that I've had in a long, long while....

Gonna crash now and try to get more packing (and maybe some CLEANING thrown in LOL) of the house this weekend. I'm home all next week so will try to get up and walk daily as well.

• Like 2

It was a nice cool morning. Since I got up at 9 I MEANT to go ahead and go out and walk - but got side tracked since I wanted to throw laundry in so didn't head out until 10. I had to cut a couple of segment short because the sun was high enough to get over trees and I'm trying NOT to get sunburned - but I got in over 1.5 miles this morning and 45 "active" minutes. HUZZAH.

So this week is off to a good start. Just gotta keep it going (just keep swimming!).

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 8:16 PM, Athaclena said:

Below is my travel (mostly, not everything went into Trip It) since starting this job at the end of 2012.

That is some impressive tracking.  Do you have to track this for your job?  I couldn't imagine trying to track all of the traveling I do (although I do keep a log of all the airports I have been through)

• Like 1

That is some impressive tracking.  Do you have to track this for your job?  I couldn't imagine trying to track all of the traveling I do (although I do keep a log of all the airports I have been through)
I'm not required to track this (just expense reports) but we get Trip It pro included with our online travel agency and I found this Stat page which was eye opening....

• Like 2

Today was a migraine day to end all migraine days. The kind I get like once - MAYBE twice in a year. Complete with nausea - and all the stuff that goes with that. I could FINALLY keep something down early afternoon and I was literally in bed until 5:30p dozing off and on. I finally feel - OK. Just hoping I didn't just completely screw up my sleep schedule so I can get back on track tomorrow.

Can't be upset about today - but holy Hades I should have gone for the "big guns" meds first. If I'd realized how bad it actually was when I crawled out of bed to take something at 7am.... I would have. I'd have been OUT for several hours, but then I'd have been OUT rather than in pain and running to worship the porcelain gods.....

• Sad 2

So - last night I was definitely feeling better. I cleaned the kitchen, cooked dinner and cleaned up after dinner (something I'm pretty bad about skipping LOL). So I woke up to a CLEAN kitchen this morning!

Got up - made coffee. Something I've been skipping. I don't have a drip coffee maker and use a French Press - so there's "timing" involved - so I've been resorting to a Bang Keto Coffee at breakfast - which probably isn't my BEST option. So I'm going to try to go back to my old coffee + almond milk + actually good for me vegan protein powder with probiotics. Which I did this morning.

I also went on a walk - AND emptied the dishwasher so it's ready for more dishes. And since I'm caught up on work did a few other things around the house that have been stacking up (quite literally).

So - clean kitchen, probiotics and something good for me, work on something that helps with moving to Chattanooga. All before lunch. All in all a good day so far!

• Like 3

Slept for crap. "Slept in" rather than walking. I really needed the extra bit of sleep..... I just wish there was a real way to reset my circadian rythm.....

When I move, I'm totally telling everyone I'm in the Central Time Zone and working 9 - 6 CT and work 10a-7p instead.....

• Like 2

Ugh. I never could get the hang of Mondays.

I slept for crap. But I dragged my tired buttocks out of bed and got in a 30 min walk.

This weekend got some cleaning done around the house that has been - shall we say - ignored in favor of packing. Gonna try to combo those for a bit.

Traveling this week so will try to get in a walk tomorrow - with Airport Hiking on deck for Wed and Fri.......

Trip was good - but EXHAUSTING. Got in a lot of airport hiking. Saturday I was a zombie. Sunday I got caught up on some house cleaning and tons and tons of laundry.

Forgot to adjust my time back to ET and thought my meeting this morning was at 9 so skipped my morning walk - only to find out it was actually at 10. Oops LOL. I'll walk tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Ugh. I check the weather last night. I check again this morning as I'm dragging my butt out of bed. Cloudy with 20% chance of rain. Make my coffee and dress. Walk outside - raining. AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried.... I really did.......