• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Diadhuit moves 2/2

I will need to move out my apt by 1st October. So my planning goes until then for now.

Works in the house (new ensuite) will be from Tuesday for a couple of weeks.

Public speaking 20th September

Move out by 1st October (includes cleaning)

Friend visiting next week (yes, in the house with works being carried on!)

Interviewing candidates at work

Preparing for hackathon at work

Busiest time of the year workwise

Works still to be done (maybe not this challenge):

- paint the house

- put some flooring down

- big cleaning

- assemble furniture

- buy / assemble other furniture (including sofa, curtains, ...)

In other words very stressful times!!!

Goals:

- physio exercises twice a day every day

- dancing once per week

- cook once per week

- meditate / pray daily

• Like 4
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will need to move out my apt by 1st October. So my planning goes until then for now.   Works in the house (new ensuite) will be from Tuesday for a couple of weeks. Public speaking 20th September Mov

Thanks!! I had a great weekend after, spent with my mentor and another former colleague. I missed speaking the language of my region and while I don't really speak it, they do. We sat, chatted about l

Stressor one is done and was successful! Talk was good, made some (re)connections to lay down a path out to another company in case I want to do that. Nearly decided I will go and ask to change team m

When it rains, it pours.

Woke up this morning with the death of a colleague's dad.

Then a friend sent a cryptic message of help.

Thank God I have the strength for it now.

I am thinking if I should sit and talk to the guy I'm dating because I saw few 'not suiting me' flags and I'm afraid of being hurt. So there is that too.

Will have to edit my goal slightly because self-care:

- physio exercises twice a day every day (unless dancing, max 1/week skipping)

- cook once per week

- in bed at 11 every working day, 12 weekends

- meditate / pray daily (as little as: 'Goodmorning, I love you more and more and I feel God's love' acclamation is enough)

Todo:

Find a friend with a car for another bit of moving

Reharse talk every working day

Ballet on Thu (unless dating)

• Like 3

Mon
- physio exercises twice a day every day (unless dancing, max 1/week skipping) -1/1
- cook once per week
- in bed at 11 every working day, 12 weekends - 0/1
- meditate / pray daily (as little as: 'Goodmorning, I love you more and more and I feel God's love' acclamation is enough) - 1/1

• Like 3
Following [emoji4].

Good luck with everything. If it is too much, you can also choose to paint & floor only your bedroom, and do the other rooms later. It will be more hassle later, but it sounds like you have a very busy period now.
that is already in the plan...
Painted one room already, floor is in (beside my future bedroom).
So I can move in an postpone the rest [emoji5]
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

@Whisper I see you lurking, how is it going? Do you have a thread already and I missed it or not yet into the arena again?

I'm trying to figure out what I want and can do right now. Work is sticking with 50-60 hours each week, and I'm moving into a time of year where I have more on my plate outside of work...

Right now I'm giving myself "win" points for at least lurking and not falling fully off the map.

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out what I want and can do right now. Work is sticking with 50-60 hours each week, and I'm moving into a time of year where I have more on my plate outside of work...

Right now I'm giving myself "win" points for at least lurking and not falling fully off the map.

I get that completely.
Maybe small goals like taking the stairs intead of elevator once a day?
And keeping up with us, because we miss you!
  • Like 2

A week has passed and had no time to update.
Sleep in particular has been overlooked badly
Cooking goal need to change because of no kitchen for other two/three weeks
But prayer/self care are back in, and physio is going allright.
Today dry run of the talk, next week the talk, following week moving in.
I can survive!a7779a277d2a081a672255516830646e.jpg

• Like 4

A lot done today!

Sat
- physio exercises twice a day every day (unless dancing, max 1/week skipping) - no physio, but ballet
- cook once per week - do frozen dumplings count?
- in bed at 11 every working day, 12 weekends - this is not happening much. I have random days where I go early, others in which I go veeery late. Had no warm covers so had to buy some today.
- meditate / pray daily (as little as: 'Goodmorning, I love you more and more and I feel God's love' acclamation is enough) - kind of happening, not always

• Like 4

Is your ballet a form of classical ballet for adults? It sounds like a lot of fun, and great for strength and flexibility :)

8 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

in bed at 11 every working day, 12 weekends - this is not happening much. I have random days where I go early, others in which I go veeery late.

What makes that you go to bed so late?

• Like 1

Is your ballet a form of classical ballet for adults? It sounds like a lot of fun, and great for strength and flexibility [emoji4]. 

What makes that you go to bed so late?

It is! I have done 4 lessons so far, it's really good. I am taller the following day... I discussed this with the guy I'm going out with and and he asked if I would be offended if he doesn't do it [emoji23] note: he is waaaay more fit than I am, but got scared about how hard ballet is [emoji16]

I think part is the fact I didn't have a douvet and it's getting cold. Part is that I'm so stressed right now that I can't rest my mind, so I start watching youtube to numb me, but obviously the blue light doesn't help! I see the difference between when I sleep and when I don't and I really need my beauty sleep!
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

he is waaaay more fit than I am, but got scared about how hard ballet is emoji16.png

From what I remember, ballet requires a specific kind of strength that most fit guys don't have. He might also mean the technical stuff though :P.

2 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I think part is the fact I didn't have a douvet and it's getting cold. Part is that I'm so stressed right now that I can't rest my mind, so I start watching youtube to numb me, but obviously the blue light doesn't help! I see the difference between when I sleep and when I don't and I really need my beauty sleep!

The first is easy enough to fix, but the second is much harder. Writing down your thoughts might help from them going in circles. I saw some research that indicated that the total amount of light was more important than the blue light, and that screens mostly prevent us from sleep because are brains are more active. Not sure if that's reproduced yet, but at least an interesting result nonetheless.

• Like 1
On 9/15/2019 at 6:13 AM, Diadhuit said:

Part is that I'm so stressed right now that I can't rest my mind, so I start watching youtube to numb me, but obviously the blue light doesn't help! I see the difference between when I sleep and when I don't and I really need my beauty sleep!

Feel ya on this one so hard.  For a while I had to just put my phone in the bathroom at night and had an alarm on it for 9:15PM when I had to put it away.  Definitely helped kick the habit but I often backslide-usually when I'm exhausted and stressed and really need the sleep the most.  In an ideal world I'll read at night before bed to help get my brain to shut down.  I'm *so* much happier and more productive when I can fall asleep before ten~why is it so hard!  :)

• Like 2
Feel ya on this one so hard.  For a while I had to just put my phone in the bathroom at night and had an alarm on it for 9:15PM when I had to put it away.  Definitely helped kick the habit but I often backslide-usually when I'm exhausted and stressed and really need the sleep the most.  In an ideal world I'll read at night before bed to help get my brain to shut down.  I'm *so* much happier and more productive when I can fall asleep before ten~why is it so hard!  [emoji4]
I agree! If I can go to sleep before 10 I'm a human being instead of a grumpy zombie!
Yet...
I tried apps, notifications, everything! And I always fall back to bad habits.
This morning I couldn't stay awake.
I notice that sugars in the evening don't help either, but can't resist!
@Whisper: does it work for you? I know you were trying to avoid electronics in the evening, can't remember if you were successful or not?
  • Like 2

The first is easy enough to fix, but the second is much harder. Writing down your thoughts might help from them going in circles. I saw some research that indicated that the total amount of light was more important than the blue light, and that screens mostly prevent us from sleep because are brains are more active. Not sure if that's reproduced yet, but at least an interesting result nonetheless.

Douvet bought during the weekend. And obviously it became warm again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I try different things, but I think as soon as the conference talk is done there will be a relax, then another one when I'll have moved in, finally one when works are finished.
It doesn't help hearing friends who got made reduntant since it triggers my fear of not being enough (also triggered by my manager who... well.. we don't see it eye to eye on many things)
  • Like 3
Just now, Diadhuit said:

@Whisper: does it work for you? I know you were trying to avoid electronics in the evening, can't remember if you were successful or not?

When tired my brain wants to "finish" things before sleeping. Youtube is never finished, so I never want to sleep, I want to watch finish the video I'm watching, and then I'll see something interesting that needs to be watched before sleeping... @redgrill18 sumeriesed what I'm trying to do (yet again!) with my sleep. Get it out of the bedroom, for it is a trap!

• Like 1

Sun-Mon
- physio exercises twice a day every day (unless dancing, max 1/week skipping) - no/one exercise out of two
- cook once per week - cooked on Sunday for week 0
- in bed at 11 every working day, 12 weekends - still nope on Sunday night
- meditate / pray daily (as little as: 'Goodmorning, I love you more and more and I feel God's love' acclamation is enough) - yes/maybe later?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

I try different things, but I think as soon as the conference talk is done there will be a relax, then another one when I'll have moved in, finally one when works are finished.
It doesn't help hearing friends who got made reduntant since it triggers my fear of not being enough (also triggered by my manager who... well.. we don't see it eye to eye on many things)

It would still be nice to find a thing that works for you, since there are always more stressors on your way ;). It's a pity that all the conventional stuff doesn't work :(.

I hope that you can stay at your job! Especially with Brexit coming soon, the Irish economy will probably suffer a lot. On the other hand, developers are always needed everywhere.

• Like 1

Tue
- physio exercises twice a day every day (unless dancing, max 1/week skipping) - one exercise out of two
- cook once per week - not yet
- in bed at 11 every working day, 12 weekends - yes! (also: yesish on Monday)
- meditate / pray daily (as little as: 'Goodmorning, I love you more and more and I feel God's love' acclamation is enough) - yes (also: no on Monday)

It seems that yesterday I had a bad day... I was floored at work.
But I got good news about the house, they should be finish the toilet in a week and I'll get the painters in the next day!! I was not expecting that, it's great!!
Beside the works for the master bedroom (floor) and maybe stairs (removing carpet), it seems they can finish all up before I get to leave the apt! Amazing news!

• Like 4