• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sarakingdom

Sara Kingdom Likes Music With Rocks In

11 hours ago, Mistr said:

You had quite a sleep debt built up. No surprise that you still need more sleep. I hope you can deal with the essential things and then take a nap.

There was indeed a three-hour nap after work. It was not enough.

Ironically, I was woken up by my first alarm to get ready for bed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had a nap yesterday. Got a full night's sleep. Took the morning off to do stuff. Had another nap. Needed more sleep when the time came to go to work.

WTF. So much sleep. I wish I were in bed.

• Like 4

On 9/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, sarakingdom said:

Had a nap yesterday. Got a full night's sleep. Took the morning off to do stuff. Had another nap. Needed more sleep when the time came to go to work.

WTF. So much sleep. I wish I were in bed.

Image result for sleep meme

• Like 3

Right. I've had today's 20 hours of sleep. While I'm ready for another nap, things need to get done.

Today's tasks will be in sets of 3-4, taking about five minutes apiece.

Tasks:

1. Prepare 2 liters of lemon water for hydration. DONE
  2. Spend five minutes discarding things. DONE
  3. Spend five minutes loading the dishwasher. DONE
  4. Spend five minutes tidying the sofa. DONE
  5. 10 minute break - eat something. DONE
  6. Charge the robot.
  7. Start the laundry.
  8. Put away dry dishes.
  9. Put away soldering station.

And Then:

• Order some groceries from Amazon, cuz actual groceries take effort.
  • Maybe buy more seeds.
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Teirin said:

Hope you're feeling better with all the sleep!

Yes and no. This doesn't feel like a short thing, more like I'm going to have another week to put up with this.

I appear to be down to ten hours of sleep debt. I'm also doing all the sleeping, all day, every day. And my fitness tracker is saying the bulk of it's deep sleep, which is unusual. I think I'm just going to have to plan for that. It's a thing I do now.

I have all the cleaning to do. I've done a little of the cleaning, then meditated (which I needed) and took a coffee break (which I needed), and I still have nearly all the cleaning to do, which is discouraging. But I'm gonna get dinner on my way home, fuel up, and do the thing. 3-4 hours is the goal, one hour each in four zones. I think I've got it usefully divided into very short tasks that mostly, with a few exceptions, shouldn't need much thought.

• Like 3

BTW, the melon thief has been identified. It's a squirrel that loves my melon way more than any other melon lying around the place, and there are many. It hasn't let me get a single one, and climbs to get them, while two plots away there are fifteen watermelons on the ground. So I'm escalating things, with something inspired by a Victorian gardening series I've been watching. All my baby melons (or as many as I can catch on time - this will be hard, because there are dozens, and I don't know which are going to be the ones) are gonna get a seltzer bottle slipped over them while young, so they have a protective plastic cage when ripe. Maybe a cayenne and garlic spray? Who knows.

I'm debating converting some of my dirt pots at home into hydroponic pots. Two of the three seven-inch pots, the soil is no good; if I'm removing it anyway, maybe I go soilless. I have five 5-inch orchid pots, maybe I split them half and half and see what happens. Very few of these have any drainage anyway, so maybe I make a virtue of that, rather than continue to guesstimate. I do want to keep a little dirt, though, because I sometimes need to pop things in before they go to the garden.

• Like 4

I'm still working on the weekend cleaning. But I fought back entropy big time. Some things that haven't seen progress in ages got a leap ahead.

This week's goal: leave something 10% better every day. (A largish project-sized something, not that one fork that needs washing.)

Ugh, I hate cleaning and want to be done. I'd rather build robots to do my cleaning for me.

• Like 2

I think the grocery delivery war is about to be won, and by a competitor I didn't expect: Target. I didn't even realize they had groceries. There is an annual membership fee for their delivery service, but it looks like it's easily made up in just their prices, let alone the value of my time spent not shopping. Boy, do I like spending my time not shopping.

Now all I need is to build a robot that folds my clothes for me.

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 1

Today's "leave things 10% better" goal is not my apartment, because I have done that already today, but me. I wish to leave myself 10% better. Food, hydration, meditation, exercise, and rest.

I've also already gotten angry at my thing, so it's just coasting now. Well, coasting and not losing ground.

Wait, I think meditation is legal for this book. Also getting drunk, joining the Klatchian foreign legion, and cooking, preferably on a grill. Woohoo! Totally a valid challenge night.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I think the grocery delivery war is about to be won, and by a competitor I didn't expect: Target. I didn't even realize they had groceries. There is an annual membership fee for their delivery service, but it looks like it's easily made up in just their prices, let alone the value of my time spent not shopping. Boy, do I like spending my time not shopping.

Interesting, I would have expected walmart to have the edge there.  Here the war was won by an even stranger competitor, a company called JD that started out as an electronics shop, sort of like an online only Best Buy.  Somehow they managed to corner the grocery delivery market as well

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Interesting, I would have expected walmart to have the edge there. 

Possibly, but I won't shop at Walmart because of their business practices, so I didn't look into them as a grocery option.

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

a company called JD that started out as an electronics shop, sort of like an online only Best Buy.  Somehow they managed to corner the grocery delivery market as well 

You know, on my way home last night, i passed by Fry's Electronics. They had a banner up about free local delivery, and I thought, "if only they did groceries".  Sadly, unless I'm on a chocolate and canned coffee diet, I don't believe they do. Nor do they really have the sort of electronics I want, or they'd be a shoe-in. A dozen eggs, a gallon of milk, ten ESP8266 chips, and some LEDs? Yes, please!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Week 1 Day 2

Sleep debt: 14 hours. Do something about that.

Ook:

• Do yoga after work DONE
  • EXTRA Fit in some Buddhist crap ('Ook' is like 'ohm', right?) DONE
  • EXTRA some pre-bed yoga

I didn't think there'd be time for yoga last night, but my back and shoulders were too tight to get comfortable, so I got out of bed and threw twenty minutes at the problem. I really need a regular dose.

Today's 10%:

• Fold laundry DONE-ISH (I did the socks, and that took a lot of matching.)
  • Wash the shower liner DONE
  • Find the missing HDMI cable DONE-ISH (I didn't find the cable, but I found two things I did need - an SD card and new checkbooks)
  • Trim the plant pots for replanting SKIPPED
  • EXTRA plant garlic DONE
  • EXTRA set up recycling bin DONE
  • EXTRA Did my tasks with a little extra besides; not a full 10%, but at least 2%. DONE

Born to Eat Big Dinners:

• Order groceries DONE
  • Make stew out of all the leftovers DONE (Caught them all in time.)
  • Cook food DONE
  • EXTRA hydration, which is actually important DONE (At least three liters, between water and mostly-liquid smoothies and coffee and stuff.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Oh no...don't get the mushroom kit. It would be so awful to have wonderful fresh mushrooms. 

Thank y--hey, wait a minute... I don't think you sound fully committed here.

• Haha 2

So tonight I went to the garden and planted garlic, came home to a cleanish apartment, picked up my packages, set up the new recycling bin I got, made my thirsty self a leisurely giant mango smoothie, and did a full session of yoga with lots of very needed hip openers. That finished two minutes before my delivery window, so I went outside to enjoy the breeze, and within ten minutes had a text from my shopper saying she was on her way.

I'm not sure who's life I'm living, but I think I enjoy it, and I don't want to give it back.

• Like 5

Day 2 Wrap-Up:

Yoga sessions: 2

Giant smoothies: 2

Garlic cloves planted: I dunno, 40?

Things cleaned: more than I dirtied

Important jobs done at work: most of them

Bedtimes achieved: 1

Yeah, I don't even know. But I'll take it.

I did stop my second yoga session before the end and moved on to a shivasana bonus. Partly to relax for bed, and partly listening to my body. It didn't feel like I had enough control to really protect my joints as well as I'd like. Whatever, it was my second session in one night.

• Like 3

Week 1 or 2 Day 3 (Sleep Edition)

Sleep deficit: 12.5 hours

According to my fitness tracker, literally every bit of sleep I got last night was deep sleep. I suspect it's not far wrong, I do feel pretty rested. But I only got six hours of it, my joints could use a bit more, and I woke up with a sore throat.

So I did what any sane person would do: I realized today is my late shift, got up to make a smoothie and sample the beef stew in the instant pot (pretty good, totally not "recycling a bunch of leftovers hitting their end date") as a small nutrient hit, and went back to bed for a purely recreational sleep. Again, whose life is this?

My smoothie kick lately is definitely pushing my low carb thing a little, but not by very much, since they're half ice and a quarter fruit, so I'll call it an allowable gray area. They're helping with hydration, vitamins, and calories in a period when I'm recovering from being shaky on all three, and replacing worse food choices.

• Like 3

Awesome that you are getting caught up on ALL THE THINGS!

On 9/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, sarakingdom said:

I'm still working on the weekend cleaning. But I fought back entropy big time. Some things that haven't seen progress in ages got a leap ahead.

Ugh, I hate cleaning and want to be done. I'd rather build robots to do my cleaning for me.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, sarakingdom said:

Boy, do I like spending my time not shopping.

Now all I need is to build a robot that folds my clothes for me.

Good goal. One thing at a time. First make food, then world domination.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, sarakingdom said:

Wait, I think meditation is legal for this book. Also getting drunk, joining the Klatchian foreign legion, and cooking, preferably on a grill. Woohoo! Totally a valid challenge night.

Sounds like a fun evening, challenge or not.

21 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Week 1 Day 2

Sleep debt: 14 hours. Do something about that.

Ook:

• Do yoga after work DONE
  • EXTRA Fit in some Buddhist crap ('Ook' is like 'ohm', right?) DONE
  • EXTRA some pre-bed yoga

I didn't think there'd be time for yoga last night, but my back and shoulders were too tight to get comfortable, so I got out of bed and threw twenty minutes at the problem. I really need a regular dose.

Yeah, I've gotten up to do stretching in the middle of the night before. Pre-bed yoga is a better idea.

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

So tonight I went to the garden and planted garlic, came home to a cleanish apartment, picked up my packages, set up the new recycling bin I got, made my thirsty self a leisurely giant mango smoothie, and did a full session of yoga with lots of very needed hip openers. That finished two minutes before my delivery window, so I went outside to enjoy the breeze, and within ten minutes had a text from my shopper saying she was on her way.

I'm not sure who's life I'm living, but I think I enjoy it, and I don't want to give it back.

Shhhhhhh, we won't tell. You found it, you can keep it.

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Week 1 or 2 Day 3 (Sleep Edition)

Sleep deficit: 12.5 hours

According to my fitness tracker, literally every bit of sleep I got last night was deep sleep. I suspect it's not far wrong, I do feel pretty rested. But I only got six hours of it, my joints could use a bit more, and I woke up with a sore throat.

So I did what any sane person would do: I realized today is my late shift, got up to make a smoothie and sample the beef stew in the instant pot (pretty good, totally not "recycling a bunch of leftovers hitting their end date") as a small nutrient hit, and went back to bed for a purely recreational sleep. Again, whose life is this?

My smoothie kick lately is definitely pushing my low carb thing a little, but not by very much, since they're half ice and a quarter fruit, so I'll call it an allowable gray area. They're helping with hydration, vitamins, and calories in a period when I'm recovering from being shaky on all three, and replacing worse food choices.

Last week was week 1. You are probably off because you were super busy during zero week. Keep working on that sleep debt and it will start to feel better.

I thought all stew was designed to use up dodgy leftovers before their end dates. It always feels weird to me to buy meat specifically to put into stew.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Awesome that you are getting caught up on ALL THE THINGS! 

Well, let's not get too crazy with those claims. Some of the things. :-)

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Good goal. One thing at a time. First make food, then world domination. 

This is probably good perennial advice.

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Last week was week 1. You are probably off because you were super busy during zero week. Keep working on that sleep debt and it will start to feel better. 

Yeah, the weeks all ran together there for a while. Ah well.

I'm working on it. If nothing else, it's slowly rolling off the 7-day average.

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

I thought all stew was designed to use up dodgy leftovers before their end dates. It always feels weird to me to buy meat specifically to put into stew. 

It could also be designed to take advantage of cheap tough cuts, but there's basically no such thing as a cheap tough cut anymore.

Week 2 Day 3

I'm pretty exhausted, so today's 10% better goal is basically self-care. After yesterday's ambitious goal setting and working late today, this is fine.

The job I got mad at was an electronics project I've been slowly working on, converting a trio of Ikea solar lights to USB-powered IoT lights. I've been dragging my heels on finishing the soldering of the last two. (I did finish them, but as I was coming home, one of my solder joints came apart, so I had to leave it for tomorrow.)

Tasks:

• Hydrate IN PROGRESS
  • Make dinner DONE
  • Eat a snack DONE
  • Watch medium-brain British TV - IN PROGRESS
  • Do yoga
  • Bag up the trash for tomorrow
  • Empty and charge the robot
  • Set up the new IoT lights I just finished soldering
  • Like 5

Tired. So tired I feel asleep on the floor while trying to meditate. But jobs must be done. I will get mad at them one at a time. And then eat a sausage not inna bun (but with sauerkraut, because brassicas are an important staple crop of the Sto plains).

• Fix the TV - DONE
  • Dry the laundry - DONE
  • Throw away stuff that's been in the freezer too long IN PROGRESS
  • Empty dishwasher DONE
  • Do dishes DONE
  • Make food DONE

That's like a billion of my least favorite jobs between me and dinner, and it's already basically bedtime. Sigh.

ETA: I was debating the yoga tonight. I do want to keep the habit of every day, but I'm also feeling a bit off tonight. Maybe a small placeholder.

• Like 4