• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sarakingdom

Sara Kingdom Likes Music With Rocks In

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It is, I believe, at this point he would point to the plaque on his desk declaring him dictator and tyrant.

Yes, I think asking if Vetinari is allowed is the wrong sort of question.

I do like the idea of narrative causality though, and do understand that occasionally characters write themselves.  And of course, it's a good thing to have Ventinari on your side.  Better than the alternative, at the very least. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

Yes, I think asking if Vetinari is allowed is the wrong sort of question. 

I didn't realize his jurisdiction extended this far outside Ankh-Morpork.

6 minutes ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

And of course, it's a good thing to have Ventinari on your side.  Better than the alternative, at the very least.  

It's often hard to tell the difference with him.

Remind me, guys, do we have a zero week with the five week challenges?

Yesterday I reached the mythical land of one hour of sleep deprivation. I was still a bit tired, though. Today I feel a bit sick. There is tea. (Though I accidentally oversweetened it.) Pretty sure I have more than one hour of sleep deprivation now. I woulda been fighting for it anyway as days roll off my rolling average.

Tomorrow is community garden day. I have reinforcements for combating the rabbit hordes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Remind me, guys, do we have a zero week with the five week challenges?

Yes. The calendar is here.

Yesterday I reached the mythical land of one hour of sleep deprivation. I was still a bit tired, though. Today I feel a bit sick. There is tea. (Though I accidentally oversweetened it.) Pretty sure I have more than one hour of sleep deprivation now. I woulda been fighting for it anyway as days roll off my rolling average.

Wow, you have made a lot of progress. I am noticing that I actually feel more tired this week as I am recovering from sleep dep than I did last week when I wasn't getting much sleep. Bodies are weird that way. You've been sleep deprived a lot longer than I was, so it makes sense it would take longer to recover.

Tomorrow is community garden day. I have reinforcements for combating the rabbit hordes.

Do tell, what is the concoction you use to keep the rabbits and squirrels from eating your plants? My cats are chewing on my Christmas cactus. I tried spraying it with the bitter mixture from the pet store, but that is clearly not working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

I am noticing that I actually feel more tired this week as I am recovering from sleep dep than I did last week when I wasn't getting much sleep. Bodies are weird that way.

Yeah, I was wondering if it was something like that. There are a lot of things where you don't really feel the effects till after you take the pressure off.

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Do tell, what is the concoction you use to keep the rabbits and squirrels from eating your plants? My cats are chewing on my Christmas cactus. I tried spraying it with the bitter mixture from the pet store, but that is clearly not working. 

Basically, hot chili pepper. I've got a spray that's basically a concentrated crushed pepper tea, and I practically mulched my seedlings in crushed red pepper flakes last week. We'll see if it worked.

Week 5 Day 5

I'm still feeling kind of sick. Sore throat and stuff. So tonight is going to entirely be about drinking tea and eating stew till I feel like resting. Maybe playing with some plant pots, because I'm going to have transplants tomorrow, getting pulled out before the cold weather hits. But basically it's about not being sick and resting. I'm feeling super tired right now, so this may not be hard.

Snacks:

• Pack a lunch DONE
  • Order groceries for delivery tomorrow DONE
  • Make dinner DONE
  • Find the giant bag of chai and make a full pot of tea DONE

Drugs

• Take meds DONE

Rock-'n'-roll:

• Meditate SKIPPED
  • Wear my gardening clothes to bed DONE
  • Go to bed early with a playlist of audio stuff to keep me entertained CLOSE ENOUGH

I'm cutting down my smoothie habit next week. I'm currently at "as many as you want, man; it's minimal carbs for lots of hydration and deliciousness, and, I dunno, vitamins or something". Next week, I have one bag of frozen fruit, so one a day. (Or two with half the fruit.)

I'm probably just gonna let Vetinari choose my next challenge. Whatever. No idea what he'll pick. I might let him start tonight.

• Like 3

My rabbit problem is gone. Today I dug out a nest of dead baby rabbits. No idea what got them, it was like they all went to sleep in there and died.

They ate a neighbor's young plants (they will grow back), but all my sprouts seem fine.

I also planted more garlic, and removed my ginger and lemongrass to bring indoors for the winter.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Definitely sick. Not very, I think, just a cold. I'm still pretty lucid. Probably feverish. Not really getting a ton done today. Oh well. My last job for tonight is making some tea and getting a lot of vitamin C.

• Like 3

I hope you recover quickly.

Sorry that you had to deal with a nest of dead bunnies. I hope your garden thrives in the last nice days of fall.

13 hours ago, Mistr said:

Sorry that you had to deal with a nest of dead bunnies. I hope your garden thrives in the last nice days of fall. 

That's nature, isn't it? Sometimes you get flowers, sometimes you get dead bunnies. That's just how it goes.