• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

» shaar channels the dirgesinger within

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

giphy.gif

What part of Texas?

(Please be near me, please be near me, it's almost never near me)

Yeah, it's Grapevine, up near DFW. :[  BOOOOOOOO

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, shaar said:

I'm ALSO gonna stream this so everyone in my life can experience the thrill of being an up and coming culinary student that's trying to get with my classmate COLONAL SANDERS.

I've lived my entire life not knowing I wanted this.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, shaar said:

I'm ALSO gonna stream this so everyone in my life can experience the thrill of being an up and coming culinary student that's trying to get with my classmate COLONAL SANDERS. 

I feel so compelled to watch this now.  Like, I'm drawn to it by some gravitational pull outside myself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahah that whole Dark Knight MCR Hot Topic mood feels so much like my Fallen Aasimar Hexblade Warlock vibes. I'm sure my her and your Dark Knight would get along very well.  And by get along I mean make sarcastic comments, roll their eyes, and glare at each other from across the room XD

ALSO OH EM GEE NYC! If you have time we should get lunch or something because it's been too long since I've seen your face!

• Like 1

I’m several days late to the birthday party but figured you might appreciate some belated birthday wishes from Coach Fawkes. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was QUITE the day. But ended with cake which is good. 

97088F92-EF6A-4D05-9E3C-0C9009DA7258.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, GoodDoug said:

I've lived my entire life not knowing I wanted this.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, Salinger said:

Ok so my life is worth living just a bit more so i can watch you play that game HAAHAHAH xx

On 9/12/2019 at 7:04 AM, Novaurora said:

I feel so compelled to watch this now.  Like, I'm drawn to it by some gravitational pull outside myself...

Oh my lord guys I am STUPID excited for the Colonel Sanders dating sim cooking game my word like...... wow.  WAUW.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:23 PM, Raxie said:

Hahah that whole Dark Knight MCR Hot Topic mood feels so much like my Fallen Aasimar Hexblade Warlock vibes. I'm sure my her and your Dark Knight would get along very well.  And by get along I mean make sarcastic comments, roll their eyes, and glare at each other from across the room XD

ALSO OH EM GEE NYC! If you have time we should get lunch or something because it's been too long since I've seen your face!

YES they are TOTALLY Team Snark ahahaaaaa!!

This trip is going to be the quickest NYC trip EVER but I'll definitely be back again for a more leisurely stay!!!

On 9/12/2019 at 7:47 PM, foxinthenorth said:

I’m several days late to the birthday party but figured you might appreciate some belated birthday wishes from Coach Fawkes. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was QUITE the day. But ended with cake which is good. 

97088F92-EF6A-4D05-9E3C-0C9009DA7258.jpeg

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH <33333 THANKLES~

HI GUYS *zooms in*

giphy.gif

This past week has been CHAOS BUT GOOD, and I'm likely not going to be on the forums a ton for the next week or so -  I leave for Texas for my work training and will be gone tomorrow through super late Wednesday, I'm sure Thursday and Friday will be catch-up time at work, and I'm actually working this Saturday as well (and probably going to explore the sleepy hollow cemetery afterwards, where thoreau and hawthorne and emerson are buried!  i want to go to the old manse too!!) so, PHEW.

Life is busy, but good. *^_____^*

I did hit the gym 3 times this week AND have been able to up my leg day weights without super fatiguing myself!  I do notice that my feet hurt the most after leg day and I'm wondering if I should switch out my shoes - I've always lifted in my Converse because they're flat and stable but do I need more foot support??  I tried lifting in my cushy running shoes a few weeks ago and I was all sorts of thrown off my balance and it felt weird.  Hmhmhm.  At any rate I'm still taking my fish oils so. <3

I DID finally knock a to-do item off my challenge list which is finishing Z'jai's roleplay profile site A HA DONEZO

https://zjai.carrd.co

What a grumpy little shit I love him

Shit I forgot to vlog AAAAA what a life, ok next week for SURE

Today I need to laundry and pack and wash my hair and stuff, so off I go!  Happy weekend pals and I'll try to check in next week too!! <3

• Like 9

i'm sorry for what i'm about to say

but texas heat is OPPRESSIVE

and i can't wait to go h o m e .......

Overall everything is good and the training is good but I could be sleeping better and it's fuckadoodle hot so

Hopefully will be able to post more later this week!! Hope everyone is well~ ^__________^

• Like 9

2 hours ago, shaar said:

i'm sorry for what i'm about to say

but texas heat is OPPRESSIVE

and i can't wait to go h o m e .......

Overall everything is good and the training is good but I could be sleeping better and it's fuckadoodle hot so

Hopefully will be able to post more later this week!! Hope everyone is well~ ^__________^

What are you talking about? It's finally cooled off.

• Haha 4

Oof it is SO HOT down there. Especially coming from MA. I struggled in November a few years back... but we also did camp in the desert. ::shrug:: hope you are doing well!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Texas almost literally killed me.  I got heat stroke down there and nearly died. 

Yikes!

don't mess with Texans: their weather or their snakes, right?

• Haha 1

Hopefully you don't get whiplash going from MA to Texas heat back to MA again. 

On 9/15/2019 at 9:53 AM, shaar said:

I did hit the gym 3 times this week AND have been able to up my leg day weights without super fatiguing myself!  I do notice that my feet hurt the most after leg day and I'm wondering if I should switch out my shoes - I've always lifted in my Converse because they're flat and stable but do I need more foot support??  I tried lifting in my cushy running shoes a few weeks ago and I was all sorts of thrown off my balance and it felt weird.  Hmhmhm.  At any rate I'm still taking my fish oils so. <3

Maybe your shoes are just getting old? Converses should be fine as long as they're in good shape.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:17 PM, Cheetah said:

Texas almost literally killed me.  I got heat stroke down there and nearly died. 

Wowie wow wow, I can see how easy it would be to not hydrate for a bit tho and BLAMMO, the grave.  Glad you punched Texas heat in the face and said NOT TODAY!!!

On 9/17/2019 at 11:37 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What are you talking about? It's finally cooled off.

LET ME DIE

It was nice at 8am when we were waiting for our shuttles............... does that count??

On 9/19/2019 at 5:34 AM, Novaurora said:

How bad is it compared to NC??  Glad everything is going okay.

Wowie worse, I was shocked!!

On 9/18/2019 at 3:22 AM, Salinger said:

Oh man, couldnt cope with that! Hope you are able to escape home soon hahha :) x

On 9/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, Raxie said:

Oof it is SO HOT down there. Especially coming from MA. I struggled in November a few years back... but we also did camp in the desert. ::shrug:: hope you are doing well!

On 9/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, TGP said:

Yikes!

don't mess with Texans: their weather or their snakes, right?

On 9/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, Urgan said:

Hopefully you don't get whiplash going from MA to Texas heat back to MA again. 

Maybe your shoes are just getting old? Converses should be fine as long as they're in good shape.

THANKLES GUYS, I made it out with a lingering headcold thanks to A RUDE WOMAN (story below in egregious hyperbole) but otherwise fine!!

I'm having a hard time pinning down where the foot pain comes from, I was fine at the seminar but then did some minor hiking yesterday that brought on soreness...

giphy.gif

OKAY HELLO HI I am back for some weekly updates!!! And hopefully will be on a little bit more regular schedule for the next few weeks??

Some Things!:

- My gym schedule is all shot to heck and back thanks to ME GETTING SICK from the RUDEST WOMAN EVER at the SEMINAR MY GOD so, you know, I know planes are like literal germ tins so I prepare a week ahead of time by taking lots of vitamin c and beefing up my immune system and stuff.  The plane rides were fine but this WOMAN.  This FIEND, sent from the bowels of germ-stricken purgatory, was sitting in front of me for two days.  Day 1, not so bad, she's coughing and hacking and just oh no so sick, making jokes about how sick she was, I'm sitting diagonally behind her all O_O and subtley drinking 67 packets of Emergen-C.  DAY 2. Two other women in the class are sick.  Many others coughing.  NOT ME, YET.  HOWEVER.  She's chain-coughing and fanning herself with her folder 'cause she's hot and guess who's she's fanning alllllllllll those germs directly back at????? THAT'S RIGHT IT'S YA GIRL and I'm SITTING there, rigid and terrified, just WATCHING this like are you REALLY for real right now, and she's still joking oh no i'm going to end up in the hospital haha and the instructor is like oh no i'll bring your certificate there haha and others are like haha but I'm like ready to LEAP over my table to clock this thoughtless beast in the mouth but surely that's not proper seminar etiquette and would be a poor representation of my company so I just sat there and drank Emergen-C and washed my hands 497 times and now I am mildly sick.  Thankfully it's just mild because a. I have a sturdy immune system to start and b. I had been doing my best to buffer it with help but god frickin' damnit Karen why do you have to RUIN IT for everyone??? ??? ?ugh

8D

source.gif

- Yesterday was my work half-day and afterwards I went to this amazing little reservation as pictured here:

My photos legitimately don't do it justice because it was ABSOLUTELY magical; I couldn't stay long because a. summer is trying to make a frickin' comeback and it was HOT and b. I didn't have any bug spray and I'm not ABOUT getting stricken with EEE or whateverthefuck so I only spent about half an hour, but I can't wait to come back and explore further.  Like I can't explain the magical feeling of wonder when I'm exploring somewhere new outside and it's just beautiful and special and awe-inspiring, I literally run around to look at everything like a big kid, I love adventuring~

- They closed down the park up the street because there is A BEAR there and IDK what has happened since, I hope they found him and rehomed him...

- I can't remember if I told you guys but I've been watching the original Beverly Hills 90210 because I've never seen it and man what a trip.  IT'S A GOOD SHOW DYLAN UGH JEEZ.  I actually kinda really enjoy it, HEY SHAAR HERE'S ALL THESE NEW RELEVANT TV SHOWS, nah I'ma watch this 20 year old dinosaur thanks

- I've also started playing the FFVIII remake and have you ever seen a man so beautiful it made you cry

EEOE9QeWkAIR5q-?format=jpg&name=large

Phew ok that's all for now, today is laundry + shopping and batch cooking for the week (taco salad, I'm thinking!!) and going to check in on you all too!! <3 <3 THANKS FOR STOPPING BY OK ^____________________^ ( i still gotta vlog ugh maybe once my sinuses clear up)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

It was nice at 8am when we were waiting for our shuttles............... does that count??

Of course it counts, that's what I meant.

In Texas Summer is when it is uncomfortably hot all day. Fall is when there is part of the day that feels cool. Winter is when no part of the day feels hot. Spring is when part of the day feels hot. Summer is when all day feels hot, and repeat.

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

THANKLES GUYS, I made it out with a lingering headcold thanks to A RUDE WOMAN (story below in egregious hyperbole) but otherwise fine!!

No hyperbole from you is ever, under any circumstances, to be considered egregious. Do I make myself clear?

I LOVE THE LITTLE CATERPILLAR OH MY GOSH HE IS SO CUTE HELLO MR. CATERPILLAR HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No hyperbole from you is ever, under any circumstances, to be considered egregious. Do I make myself clear?

I LOVE THE LITTLE CATERPILLAR OH MY GOSH HE IS SO CUTE HELLO MR. CATERPILLAR HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

YES SIR NOTED SIR o7

also

DO YOU KNOW WHEN I NOTICED THIS CATERPILLAR ON THE PLAQUE I GOT SO EXCITED AND INSTANTLY BLURTED OUT IN A HYPE-HUSH WHISPER:

HELLO MISTER CATTYPIDDLER!!!!!!!!!!

AS ALL 39 YEAR OLD ACTUAL ADULTS DO

It was at that very moment I was ridiculously glad I was the only one there, lest other unassuming adults hear my cattypiddler delight...................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1