• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

loire

» shaar channels the dirgesinger within

20 minutes ago, shaar said:

YES SIR NOTED SIR o7

also

DO YOU KNOW WHEN I NOTICED THIS CATERPILLAR ON THE PLAQUE I GOT SO EXCITED AND INSTANTLY BLURTED OUT IN A HYPE-HUSH WHISPER:

HELLO MISTER CATTYPIDDLER!!!!!!!!!!

AS ALL 39 YEAR OLD ACTUAL ADULTS DO

It was at that very moment I was ridiculously glad I was the only one there, lest other unassuming adults hear my cattypiddler delight...................

You be you, girl.  I hope you never lose your delight in cattypiddlers.......

If we closed our parks because of bears.......there’d be no parks. :D 

Yes, Texas heat sucks.  My kids hide in the house whenever we visit there.  There’s a reason I live in CO.  Plus, since I’m undergoing global warming (heck yeah it’s real, hot flashes SUCK EGGS) I’m pretty sure I’d melt.  Or be arrested for insufficient clothing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rinna said:

Yes, Texas heat sucks.  My kids hide in the house whenever we visit there.  There’s a reason I live in CO.  Plus, since I’m undergoing global warming (heck yeah it’s real, hot flashes SUCK EGGS) I’m pretty sure I’d melt.  Or be arrested for insufficient clothing.

When I was in Kindergarten I opined to anyone who would listen that cold is better because you can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so many clothes and you're still hot.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When I was in Kindergarten I opined to anyone who would listen that cold is better because you can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so many clothes and you're still hot.

IAgreeWithKindergartenTank

• Like 2

17 hours ago, shaar said:

- They closed down the park up the street because there is A BEAR there and IDK what has happened since, I hope they found him and rehomed him...

Did you see anyone with a huge golden exclamation point floating above their head? Because I bet they'd be willing to pay some gold coins and maybe some minor magical item for anyone willing to recapture that bear...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

DAMMIT KAREN! You'll end up in the hospital because somebody's gonna clock you hard with their hydro flask, not from that damned cold you are giving everyone!

And thank you for waiting until your sinuses unclog to do your vlog.

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:25 AM, Rinna said:

You be you, girl.  I hope you never lose your delight in cattypiddlers.......

If we closed our parks because of bears.......there’d be no parks. :D 

Never ever ever~

I LOVE YOUR WILDLIFE INSTAGRAMS :DDD

On 9/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

On 9/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, Cheetah said:

IAgreeWithKindergartenTank

Big big big big big BIG same.  I'd always rather be a little too cold than a little too hot.

On 9/23/2019 at 4:05 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Did you see anyone with a huge golden exclamation point floating above their head? Because I bet they'd be willing to pay some gold coins and maybe some minor magical item for anyone willing to recapture that bear...

Oh man if only, MY CALLING AS A WAYWARD ADVENTURER is still unfulfilled..........

On 9/23/2019 at 11:03 AM, Salinger said:

How you doing SHAAR? :) xx

On 9/23/2019 at 4:25 PM, GoodDoug said:

DAMMIT KAREN! You'll end up in the hospital because somebody's gonna clock you hard with their hydro flask, not from that damned cold you are giving everyone!

And thank you for waiting until your sinuses unclog to do your vlog.

HIIII ALL I'm mostly feeling better and I made a vlog yesterday while I Was hiking a small trail but I honked it up and said 'um' a lot so I deleted it and I'll make a new one tonight!!!!

• Like 5

Those pictures do look magical, if they don't do it justice than I can't even imagine how stunning it must be!

Glad you're feeling a bit better :)

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 7:59 AM, shaar said:

DO YOU KNOW WHEN I NOTICED THIS CATERPILLAR ON THE PLAQUE I GOT SO EXCITED AND INSTANTLY BLURTED OUT IN A HYPE-HUSH WHISPER:

It was at that very moment I was ridiculously glad I was the only one there, lest other unassuming adults hear my cattypiddler delight...................

I very frequently have moments of "but I'm almost 30, shouldn't I have grown out of this" and I'm beginning to think "growing up" is a myth. Of course there are responsibilities and stuff and social maturity but things like, I don't know, I carry a stuffed red panda around so I can take pictures of it in cool places??? Get excited about cute caterpillars? Make unintelligible cute noises when we see puppies? Be excited for days when we see real-life wild foxes??? And we're adults? Yeah. But we have more fun than stodgy people so I think we win. (By the way I saw my first ever real-life wild fox while in Colorado this last weekend and it was SO EXCITING OMG)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, foxinthenorth said:

I very frequently have moments of "but I'm almost 30, shouldn't I have grown out of this" and I'm beginning to think "growing up" is a myth. Of course there are responsibilities and stuff and social maturity but things like, I don't know, I carry a stuffed red panda around so I can take pictures of it in cool places??? Get excited about cute caterpillars? Make unintelligible cute noises when we see puppies? Be excited for days when we see real-life wild foxes??? And we're adults? Yeah. But we have more fun than stodgy people so I think we win. (By the way I saw my first ever real-life wild fox while in Colorado this last weekend and it was SO EXCITING OMG)

“Even in this world of course it is the stupidest children who are most childish and the stupidest grown-ups who are most grown-up.”

C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair

• Like 4

On 9/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, shaar said:

YOU KNOW WHEN I NOTICED THIS CATERPILLAR ON THE PLAQUE I GOT SO EXCITED AND INSTANTLY BLURTED OUT IN A HYPE-HUSH WHISPER:

I feel you.  I do this kind of shit all the time!!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 12:15 PM, foxinthenorth said:

I'm not sure whether we're allowed to publicly discuss this or not, so I'm spoilering it just to be safe:

Spoiler

The secret of being truly grown up is realizing that "growing up" is just a smokescreen, and what lies on the other side of it is really not that different from what came before. In fact, while you do have bills and mortgages and colicky babies and flat tires and all that, you also suddenly realize that life is WAY too short to care if someone hears you say cattypiddlers, or sees you carrying a stuffed animal, or notices you taking selfies and boomerangs in front of a cool frog statue. We're all out here doing the best we can, and the only reason any of us ever look like we know what we're doing is because we've become too tired and apathetic to react with appropriately panicked faces to all the myriad failures, mistakes, goof-ups, weirdness and frustrations that come our way.

886957595b5ed6764d4901c0e276e578.gif 

Have fun and wave at cattypiddlers, all of you.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I'm not sure whether we're allowed to publicly discuss this or not, so I'm spoilering it just to be safe:

Hide contents

The secret of being truly grown up is realizing that "growing up" is just a smokescreen, and what lies on the other side of it is really not that different from what came before. In fact, while you do have bills and mortgages and colicky babies and flat tires and all that, you also suddenly realize that life is WAY too short to care if someone hears you say cattypiddlers, or sees you carrying a stuffed animal, or notices you taking selfies and boomerangs in front of a cool frog statue. We're all out here doing the best we can, and the only reason any of us ever look like we know what we're doing is because we've become too tired and apathetic to react with appropriately panicked faces to all the myriad failures, mistakes, goof-ups, weirdness and frustrations that come our way.

886957595b5ed6764d4901c0e276e578.gif 

Have fun and wave at cattypiddlers, all of you.

I <3 this and you are so wise ~

HI EVERYONE, this is my weekly post to say that my life is holy shitcakes so busy and I'm sorry I haven't been more present, I'm doing my best and everything is motoring along just fine but I just can't make sitting down and posting a priority right now (see, i said it that way instead of saying 'i don't have time' and copping out, and i'm ok with it) but I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll have a little more time to devote to ALL OF THIS.

I've been outside a lot and it's amazing. <3

Hope you all are well and ACTIVELY LIVING YOUR BEST GOTDARN LIVES AND IF NOT I HOPE YOU CAN DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF TODAY <33333333333333

• Like 8

19 hours ago, shaar said:

I just can't make sitting down and posting a priority right now (see, i said it that way instead of saying 'i don't have time' and copping out, and i'm ok with it)

Love this outlook on life - it's OK to prioritize things in fact you have to in order to get through life! Guilting ourselves and taking the power we have over the situation by saying we "don't have time" is silly and stressful. You're in control and that's awesome sauce. Thanks for popping in real quick and saying hey!

• Thanks 1

HELLO MY SWEET FRIENDS

source.gif

I AM NOT DEAD

giphy.gif

WHO IS THIS WILD WOMAN IN ALL THESE GIFS SHE IS A HOOT AND A HALF

tenor.gif?itemid=9921302

I mean really I just googled 'over the top entrance gif' and whoever this WENDY is is a legend IMO

ANYWAYS HI <3333333  It's really been 13 days since I posted last huh???? Ehehe oops..........  I've been - you guessed it - so busy - with the following: WORK, early work meetings, being swamped at work and staying late to catch up, helping to build an enormous scarecrow to sit on an old AC compressor in the front lawn of my work, are you sensing a theme here it's work, but guys I LOVE MY JOB AND WOULD DIE FOR ANY OF MY SWEET COWORKERS UNEQUIVOCALLY, oh yeah and I have been doing a LOT of outdoors adventuring on the weekends!! I'm out and traveling and walking trails and being in awe of nature and it's just... great.  Fall here is a THING and I'm so so so happy.

I also finally got my tattoos on Monday~

They're into the peeling/itchy stages but they've healed awesome and are starting to fade just a little, which is exactly how I wanted them.  (I wanted it to look like they'd been there for a long time~)

Goals, goals, what were my goals.................. uh............ yeah I regret to inform the society that thanks to chaos work and doing my best to outrun fatigue that I haven't been to the gym in like three weeks.  BUT.  I don't feel terrible about it.  I've been able to get outside a whole lot in its place and honestly that takes priority right now while I still can hike, while the weather is still good and not bitter cold and full of snow. <3  I HAVE decided though, that my 2020 goal is to hoard a little money and buy myself a nice kayak and roof rack for my car, so I can start having water adventures!!!!!  I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS

giphy.gif

no shaar not like that

Anyways here's a recap of how I'm doing:

Gym three times a week at minimum. ahaha OOPS

- Keep batch-cooking work lunches. HELL YEAH KILLING IT.  This week is crockpot orange chicken and rice~

- Weekend drinking only! ehehehe oops OH WELL, it's only a few nights during the workweek but I know it interrupts my sleep so I gotta get better about this

- Outdoor activity at least once a week! I'm a weirdo and want to visit as many historic New England cemeteries as I can this fall. KILLIN THIS ONE TOO

- Finish Z'jai's new roleplay profile website AUGH JUST DO THIS SHAAR. I'm going to be doing some minor recruiting for my FC soon and I want to have this done and looking fly before I do. YES I DID IT IT IS BEAUTIFUL

- Be mindful of my health.  After my recent bloodwork, while it's nothing to be concerned about right now, I need to keep a closer eye on myself and how I'm feeling and take precautions to take better care of myself when I'm having an achy day, and find out what works for me. <3 I've actually been feeling REALLY GOOD; I have loads of energy on the weekends and haven't had any sort of flare-up recently... except yesterday, but I got my flu shot Friday, and the day after I always feel achy and run down so I stayed in bed and watched a bunch of spooky movies. <3 But today I feel good!

- VLOG MORE, I want to try and do one vlog a week as an update!!! eat shit front facing camera :[

Okokok cool.  This might be the last big update for a while, I leave on Thursday to spend a week on the spooky New England coast with the boy and I am HYPE AS HECK :DDDDDDDDDD  We've been planning this trip for a while and we have a cozy little house 2 blocks from a private beach in a sleepy little coastal town that surely isn't haunted by the ghosts of old lighthouse keepers or consumption victims PLEASE LET IT BE HAUNTED

:3 <3333333333

• Like 6

OH!!  Double post because I forgot something VERY IMPORTANT!!!

CoordinatedDisfiguredAfricangoldencat-si

(here she is again)

So two weeks ago I decided I was going to start drinking more water because it gets dry here and makes my skin horrible and ugh, and water's just a good thing you know, to stay hydrated.

So I have a big Nalgene bottle that's 1000ml and for weeks I've been drinking 2000ml of water A DAY.  That's like 8-9 regular glasses of water. I flavor it with either BCAA powder or a True Lemon or Lime water flavor packet.

And guys.  Let me tell you.  How amazing it is.  TO BE HYDRATED.  No headaches, loads of energy, my thinking is clearer, my face is actually KIND OF OILY NOW???? but still dry in some places. why are bodies weird, and I feel EXCELLENT.  I love it.

Just wanted to drop this in here because I know water is often a goal and it's easy for me now because a. it tastes like something and b. having an ENORMOUS TANKARD of it on my desk all day helps because it's right there and I often drink it automatically without thinking now.  WOO.  HYDRATION.  Okbye~ <3

• Like 4