• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yasha92

Yasha sows the seeds of success

Ahoy hoy friends!

Ready for some zero week hyyyyyyype~

At the start of the challenge next week I will also be starting a new job (handy timing!). This is in a different area of the uni to what I have historically worked, and from what I can tell from the few visits I’ve had to that building they seem a bit... fancy... not crazy corporate, but not jeans and T-shirts either. As the new kid on the block I want to make a good impression, hence my first three goals.

Spring has also started for us Aussies, and being outside is sooooo good for my mental health. Spending a half hour outside puttering in the garden before work, instead of mindlessly scrolling Facebook is uplifting.

Class is underway and will be ongoing throughout the challenge. I’m doing two classes this trimester instead of just one, so I need to be on the ball with studying or I will fall behind.

Auslan is back on the cards, the class I signed up for last challenge begins this challenge instead and I’m keen! There is an optional practice day on Tuesday nights which I will try to get along to, in addition to the sessions on Wednesday’s after work.

-Get to work on time every day (10min early).

-Wear professional clothes and brush yo teeth.

-Try to learn a new name each day.

-Write a ‘to-do today’ erry day.

-Water the garden, every day (unless it’s raining).

-Water myself every day (4L).

-Auslan Wednesdays plus maybe practice on Tuesdays. Make 1 practice video/week.

-Class on Thursdays aka study! Minimum 1hr per class per week on top of class time.

-Go for a bike ride each weekend. Get strong and brave enough to ride to work.

-Keep gymming once a week.

TLDR: here’s my bujo tracker:

38e492fbc32019a6c0b9ccda655dcab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Monday of zero week~

Left home five mins earlier and arrived at work fifteen mins earlier *scratches head* busses are weird sometimes. Because this is my last week at this job I have mostly cleaned out my inbox. Have about ten emails to finalise before I go, a few meetings etc. but because I got through a fair bunch of stuff and I am still recovering from my cold I left an hour early to take a nap before the gym.

Wrote my to do list, bonus: did the things on it (note: the doing the things is not a challenge requirement, the daily habit of writing them is what I am aiming for this go around, but it’s good if I do do them, gives me a good little boost to tick things off)

Gymmed in the evening and got 90kg deadlift for one decent rep. Tried for 100 and got it juuuuuust off the ground, but nothing like a real rep... maybe I will get it by the end of this challenge...

Studied for a half hour.

Watered my plants (plus it rained a bit in the afternoon).

Drank some water, but not sure that I got 4L today... I forgot my waterbottle, so kept filling a glass from the sink, definitely had at least four glasses, not sure I had four litres...

• Like 3

Hey Yasha, will be following aloing

Great job on the DL, 100 for SURE by the end of the challenge xx

Yay Sal! Good to have you ^_^

if when I get the 100 I get to take a new photo and write new goals for the gym wall. I am a keen bean!

6ec86efefa5ade910c4d3a613b31a53f.jpg

• Like 3

Tuesday of zero week ~

Had my first meeting in my new building today. I’m moving to fancy town!

1cc05f7cd032047e122cabebcfafabf2.jpg

My desk is much smaller, but hellooooooooo green wall

Trying out outfits in zero week to determine what is the right level of snazzy. As I was leaving mr asked “who are you trying to impress?”, so I think this outfit works haha

ec1fc0e857af7333b3d01dde9b6a3e2c.jpg

I didn’t brush my teeth though, was running late because my bus was a “driver in training” bus and I was late (I try to get in a bit early, eat my porridge then brush my teeth so I don’t have porridge/coffee breath at work). Chewing gum and a quick swish of water had to suffice.

Auslan hasn’t started yet, but I saw some people talking in sign and a knew a little of what they were saying, which made me feel pretty cool (and a little eavesdroppy)

I did about a half hour study.

I learned a half dozen new names, and will refresh myself tomorrow before I go over to my next meeting (I wrote them down like a clever cookie).

Wrote a to-do list and got most of it done.

Watered half my plants (was in a rush to catch the slowest bus in history -_-)

Watered most of myself (???) had at least three litres, not sure if I hit 4 because I drank from a bubbler a bit and had a couple glasses of water in the meeting not from my measured bottle.

Moved about half my stuff over to the new office. Cleaned the fish tank ready for their move tomorrow.

• Like 2

Wednesday of zero week. Thank goodness it’s zero week, yikes...

Was 7mins late (this happens more often than I would like... which is why I’m calling it out as a specific goal).

Didn’t brush my toothiepegs. Didn’t have breakfast either so at least I didn’t have porridge breath?

What I wore didn’t feel professional enough once I went over to the new building for a meeting (I think the shirt with my long black skirt would be ok with a belt, but not under my black dress, undershirts for that dress really need a collar).

I did learn two new names.

I did water my plants (sunflowers and pumpkins are poking out of the dirt now! Exciting!).

I did drink 4L of water.

I did study for a half hour... it was more like two hours, but so much of it just led to dead ends that it feels wrong to count it.

• Like 4

Following along! I, too, have trouble remembering to brush my teeth in the morning. I'm good at night time for the most part, but my morning is jammed pack with "pack this" and "don't forget that" that I'll be halfway to work and realize I didn't brush my teeth. I've contemplated getting a spare toothbrush and toothpaste to leave at work for days like that.

Wolf

• Like 1

The skirt in that photo is lovely xx

Thankyou! My mum bought it for me and it really brings up my wardrobe options.

I've contemplated getting a spare toothbrush and toothpaste to leave at work for days like that.

Wolf

Welcome aboard!

I have a work toothbrush and I’m STILL slack... this is why I’m making it a goal this challenge.

• Like 1

the sticking point

Huehuehue pun. I’m not sure why, really. I like freshly brushed teeth feeling. I tend to just not prioritise it is the problem. Hopefully having it as a challenge goal will get it as a bit of a habit.

In the morning I brush my teeth in the shower. It seems easier that way.

Yeaaaaaah... I also don’t shower every day either... >.>

I promise I’m not a total grot (despite how it seems). If I get dirty or sweaty or snusnu or anything I’ll shower, I usually just birdbath in the morning for speed and because I grew up in a severe drought on tank water.

Y’all think I’m gross now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Y’all think I’m gross now emoji24.png

No, I think that's pretty normal. I only shower after I exercise. I usually brush my teeth when my shower's warming up, which means I often forget to if I don't shower. Aaaand now I've just realised that I didn't do either this morning :apathy:

• Like 1

No, I think that's pretty normal. I only shower after I exercise. I usually brush my teeth when my shower's warming up, which means I often forget to if I don't shower. Aaaand now I've just realised that I didn't do either this morning :apathy:

I appreciate that, thanks.

I did shower this morning coz gardening... but I still forgot to brush my teeth. I might have to stick a sticker on the loo lid (the place I visit every morning without fail) with a reminder or something.

• Like 1

Thursday of zero week~

Class day today, but morning class was cancelled so had a leisurely morning doing a little gardening. Lookit my behbehs!!!
38a4f6e84e719e2ce84afb88bd31d95e.jpg

Tomatoes and pumpkins have well and truely sprouted. Sunflowers are coming up and I thiiiiiink I saw the start of spring onions... either that or the dirt I planted those in had grass seeds which are growing. So exciting to see food grow!

Spent a good chunk of time watering the plants this morning and moved the babies to a spot where I think they will get better sun in the morning.

I think Thursday will have to be exempt from learning a new name. Class itself is exhausting without trying to cram extraversion into that slot too. I went in an hour and a half early intending to study the morning subject that got cancelled, but ended up working on the afternoon subject instead.

I drank 4L.

Went to choir (that got missed from my goal tracking, but worth mentioning !)

• Like 1

All the wonderful plants!!! Yay for keeping up with the watering, that can be a big chore.

Love the outfit, you look amazing.

Thank you!

Friday of zero week, and the last day of working in this office where I’ve been for the last year. It’s been a good gig, but onwards and upwards.

The team made me a “bye” cake, which was sweet of them.

96df026fa6f32b94586635a191ece8d5.jpg

I slid into my seat bang on 9am, and I’m counting that as a win.

I brushed my teeth (huzzah!) and got into fancy duds.

318a4de60d35bfca695688cfc2279789.jpg

I learned a couple new names, but haven’t met the people they attach to yet.

Wrote my to do list, did it.

Didn’t water the plants coz it was raining in the morning.

Drank four bottles of water.

• Like 4

Saturday of zero week~

Got up early, did some chores then Mr and I went and picked up a free compost bin and all the compost from it from a lady who is clearing out her garden. Super excitingly, she was giving away a compost corkscrew/turner as well! I’ve been meaning to get one of those for ages (compost nerrrrrrd!). We dropped the compost and the bits back at the house, then I went back out and picked up a bag of handbags from the free site as well. Then I received a delivery of wood chips in the evening, so my plan for tomorrow is lots of gardening. There was a fair bit of walking involved in these errands and I’m finishing the day with 16,000 steps.

Watered the plants. Drank three and a bit bottles of water.

Didn’t write a to-do.

• Like 3

Sunday of zero week~

Sure enough, as I predicted yesterday, today I spent a large portion of the day gardening, and it was glorious! Mr helped, between us we moved the woodchips and spread them out. I moved away and then moved back the sandbags of soil while Mr shoveled the chips into a wheelie bin to transport them. The front yard is looking so much better! had enough to do most of the side along the house as well, very exciting stuff haha.

1c6bfe6d3a745180d139481da89b8f87.jpg

6fbb82b7dd63598b4b917804bd562fe4.jpg

I didn’t go for a bike ride, instead used my energy on this endeavour.

I did a little bit of study in the break we took because from about noon to 4.30 was too hot to be working outside, relaxing: sure, but not shoveling.

I drank lots of water, but didn’t track it coz most of it was from the outside tap.

Watered the plants a good deep weekend watering in the morning before it got too hot.

I did some other ‘odds and ends’ chores I’ve been meaning to do, corkscrewed the compost, epoxied a pair of dying sneakers back together to try and make them last a little longer, glued the “buzz stop” sign I’ve made for the bee garden together, epoxied some ceramic birds into the bee watering station (picture sans birds), planted a blueberry (fingers crossed it grows!), tidied up the yard a bit...

26f55027cf278f2ca7e6b9f8ab5659d2.jpg

• Like 2

Monday week oooooone~

First day at new job and my brain is scrambled eggs now. So much reading and understanding and stuff. Wow.

I learned a new name (Steve from IT, he came and installed dual monitors for me like a champ), I drank plenty of water. I watered the plants in the morning (and now it’s raining so they’ll get a good soaking). I dressed all fancy (basically the same as Friday) and I brushed my teeth twice, once before starting and after lunch coz my lunch was very garlicky (and also delicious). I was nervous about getting in on time, so I got in twenty mins early. In the evening after work we went to the gym.

223326029422b3a13021c9cfd16cf88c.jpg

f94ceb4ce67a1b668babf352b090f2a0.jpg

Tick ALL the boxes!

Oh yeah, and I did some tidying up of an assessment task for class that isn’t due until Wednesday and sent it to the teacher for feedback.

Badass.

• Like 1

Tuesday week one~

My second day and I was late *facepalm* I have good excuses: it was raining and that always slows the buses down, there was a huge group of school kids who filled up the first bus so there was no space for me and I had to wait for a second bus, I had to top up my travel card and every light to cross to get to the machine was conspiring against me... all of these are excuses and not good enough. I will do better tomorrow, it is predicted to rain all week so I’ll leave a little earlier instead of watering.

It was raining (looks like it rained all night) so the plants didn’t need watering.

I drank lots of water and also tea, the rain is riding a cold front, so having a cozy beverage was super important.

Auslan meetup was on, but I decided not to go. Auslan class starts tomorrow, and I wanted to learn some things before going to practice group.

I dressed ‘fancy’ (long sleeve black and white shirt, longish black skirt and a belt, plus my ‘bomber’ jacket which I am loving at the moment) and brushed my teeth.
37f042abee96e47d1d4b178e82e8891f.jpg

Wrote the to do list and learned a new name.

a07be017dd3ea5c1158558fc83d5b87b.jpg

• Like 1