• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yasha92

Yasha sows the seeds of success

Wednesday week one~

Back on my game today. Got to work early (coz I left early~), wrote my todo list, then chugged away and got it done.

Dressed professional, but had a bit of an issue in that it was absolutely pissing down and my flats apparently have holes in them coz they filled up with water. I made many trips to the paper towel dispenser to fill my shoes with paper towels throughout the day.

ec45128bd07f50e4d780638b3ab3935c.jpg

Brushed my teeth and drank my water.

Didn’t water the plants due to the aforementioned pissing down.

Learned a new name.

After work I went to my first Auslan class. It was really good. Tough, but really good. Our teacher is deaf and really funny. Voice off for two hours but still interacting, learning, asking questions, etc was an interesting stretch for the brain.

c68421ee1d3f4e7b73ec373024f135dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Your bullet journal work is beautiful . Also, love the fancy, professional outfit!

Wolf

Thankyou!

I took a lead out of your book today and had myself a little nap.

Unfortunately, it was in the middle of class... at least my group thought it was hilarious. (So hilarious they took a photo and messaged it to me for when I woke up instead of waking me up lol)

92e83a697a4241b55b6f57a62c662d0d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thursday week one~

I am tiiiired (as evidenced above). I think all the learning at new work, plus the learning at Auslan, plus the last-min finalisation before submitting our group assessment take today really wiped me out. I made it to both classes (though did have an accidenti-nap in the second one for a little bit and didn’t absorb much for the half hour before that as I was trying to fight off the sleep), then went to choir in the evening. Home now, in bed, ready for sleepybyes.

Not writing up each goal, but here is the tracker (missed teeth, thought I had a toothbrush in my uni bag, didn’t).

030c264b93e497e4bc06db6dfc4a5a89.jpg

• Like 2

I have definitely fallen asleep in class before, but never had classmates quite that snarky ...  :D  How are you feeling this week? Are you a little better rested?

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Kicking is good. Hard to always kick butt, sometimes it's more just a lot of ankle kicking.:friendly_wink:

Shins are good too! Just don't go higher than that! The gents don't appreciate that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:05 AM, Yasha92 said:

Still kicking, just not kicking mega butt.

I can do better.

I will do better!

Kicking higher up this week?  ;) 

Been struggling to update because I’ve been feeling like a failure. I got a bad mark on an assessment task (51), then when I asked it to be remarked by someone else I got an even worse mark (31!). I’ve been following the correct procedures to contest it and seek clarification etc etc, but it hit me pretty hard... I got a cold sore inside my nose, dropped dangerously low on my calories or swung to stupid high instead and basically rode a roller coaster of emotions where I just scraped through my commitments then crawled into bed. I have only three more classes of that subject then an exam (fingers crossed I pass that and pull my marks up out of the toilet).

However.

I have only missed one gym session (and that was due to a public holiday)

I have been going to class, even though I have wanted to puke/run away/ drop out... one day I bought and ate a 24pack of maccas nuggets during the class just to keep myself glued to the chair

I have kept up with Auslan class, and been going to social practice when I can. A native Auslan speaker told me they thought I was in the class above my grade because I am communicating so well.

I have not ridden my bike once. This does not make me a failure.

Super duper importantly! We got a second kitty!

Meet “Maisie” Mayhem

06a771aef57ba33772f4273af1b702e0.jpg

I will shake off the funk ready for the new challenge.

• Like 1

congrats on the new kitty!

no matter how "high" your kicks are- your Kicking! and that's huge.

you dedication to the fitness class is admirable.  I "bought" a month and a half of a YMCA class and haven't gone Once :(

maybe, Hopefully I will start (and not stop) Next week.

• Like 1