• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedPandaOne

Red Panda One gets back on the wagon

1 hour ago, redgrill18 said:

Ugh, that SUUUUCKS.  Glad you're okay though!  And don't feel like an idiot; it literally happens to all of us.

52 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Totally this! My husband backed into the side of a tree once coming out of a parking space. Still has the dent too! 

54 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Thank God no one was hurt!!
It seems one of those days where all goes wrong beside initial intentions and best effort.
Take extra care of yourself in days like these!

Thanks guys! 

And I will certainly take care of myself. Will take a nice hot shower tonight and call it an early night. I know I'm going to be nervous to drive, especially with a rental, so I have a friend picking me up tomorrow for the movies. And I'm going to avoid that street for awhile! It's not one I need to be on, so it won't be too difficult. I just took it today because I was trying to avoid a left hand turn. 

• Like 1

Needless to say, I didn't do any of my goals last night. 

I picked up my rental car after work and just went straight home. Had dinner (2 hard boiled eggs, and two mozzarella sticks wrapped in turkey). But I also had a rum and coke. It seemed like a rum and coke type of day. I showered and sat on the couch all night. 

I'm actually a little scared to drive. Which I'm sure it normal after any sort of incident. I just hate this feeling.

My nerves on are end waiting to hear back what the official damage report is. I want my baby back! (and yes, that old Chili's tv commercial just came to mind). 

Today will be the lunch that I packed yesterday but never ate. And I think tonight I'll try the protein shake she had given me. 

• Like 3

Okay! I'm officially back. I guess that ended up being a Week 0 for me. 

Still no word back on the status of my car. I know it's still early, but the waiting is making me so anxious. I had a breakdown on Sunday. I want to hid from the world, but I know I need to keep busy to keep my mind off of things.

Not sure if it's related or not, but I think I'm getting sick. My sinuses went haywire last night. Stuffed and running nose, pressure, sneezing fits. All between midnight and 2am. I finally took some cold and sinus medicine at 2. Now this morning I'm shaking and I'm actually sweating a little even though it's only 65. 

But as far as my goals yesterday:

Exercise - no. No excuse, just didn't do it

Moisturize - forgot to as well

Floss - yes!!

80-100 grams of protein - yes! I got about 90. 

• Like 2

Alright. I've had several talks with my insurance company this morning. They have determined that my car is totaled. 

However, they are going to give me about $12,300 for it. So, that's a good chunk of money! With the money my grandma left me, I can put that towards a down payment of a new car (parents don't want me to get a used) and actually be able to afford the monthly payments. 

Now, when I was buying my car six years ago I used a website to get the average price paid for what I was looking at. I have no idea what this website is now. You'd input as much information you knew, and it would give a bell curve of what actual people had paid. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Is it still Kelley Blue Book? That was the standard place for car comparisons when I was in the US. If so, the website is www.kbb. com

That is one of the sites that I used, but I don't think it was the one I was thinking of. One of my FB friends said Truecar, which is either it and they've revamped, or it's something very similar. Someone else also suggested Edmunds, which for pricing hasn't been too helpful but their reviews of the cars have been. I've already taken one off the list based on the fact that it has a crappy engine. I have my times when I like to go 80mph. Or when someone is going 45 on the highway and I need to gun it to pass. 

It's coming down to:

Toyota Camry

Honda H-RV

Honda C-RV

Basically, I'm getting another Camry unless the test drive for the other two completely win me over. 

I cleaned out my car this morning, and I actually started to cry when it was time to leave. I'm not a car person at all, so I'm really surprised that I'm getting super emotional over losing this car. Maybe because it's the first one I've ever bought on my own? 

Anyway, to my goals. None of them where achieved. I remembered to moisturize while I was on the couch watching TV and cross stitching, but forgot once I got to my bedroom. And I was so close to meeting protein, I got 76 grams. I didn't track until this morning or else I would have had a spoonful of peanut butter or something last night to get to 80!

• Like 3

Wednesday Update:

Protein - No. Only hit 71 grams. And I was at the top range of my calories. It was the pepsi and jack. I was fighting back tears all day over my baby (read: car). I wanted something to drink. 

Floss - no, but I hit my one time goal for the week so not beating myself up about it too much

Exercise - ha! (I really need to figure out what my block on this is)

Moisturize - yes!!! As I was in the shower, I kept repeating "moisturize me. Moisturize me!". I was half way back down the stairs after getting dressed when I actually remembered, so I turned back around and put on the moisturizer. I'm going to hang a sign or something on my mirror/door to remind me

• Like 2

Oh crap, I didn't realize I hadn't posted since Thursday.

Well, I can't report on goals because I also apparently didn't track. Though, I had both turkey and swordfish on Friday so I'm going to assume I hit my protein goal. 

Also, I did floss this morning and I did moisturize last night. 

Okay,  so I guess I can report on a couple goals. 

I test drove cars over the weekend. I'm going to get another Camry. Now to just wait for the insurance check and I will buy it this weekend. I decided to go with power over practicality. I only need AWD 3 months of the year, and it's not even for the full three months. I know I'm going to want my Camry the rest of the year. Apparently my dad knew what I was going to pick as soon as I started driving it. I tried to pretend like I was going to think about it, but once we hit the highway, I knew that was the car I was going to get. 

• Like 3

Alright, time for an update that is not about my car (which I think I am buying today after work).

I met with the actual doctor yesterday at the weight loss department. She believes I have (what I'm calling) the "fat gene". That is not what she said, she just said that I have the genes to gain and hold weight. Anyway, basically she said that my body absorbs the nutrition more than others. So, I can eat 1,000 worth of calories and absorb 90% of it, while most people who eat the same exact 1,000 calories would only absorb 75%. Those aren't the numbers she used, but it gets across what she was saying. My body just soaks up the calories and holds on to them. 

She, too, wants me to eat more protein, that I'm getting too many carbs/starches especially in the morning with my cereal. And she wants me to cut back on tropical fruit (grapes, watermelon, cantelope, pineapple) because she considers them high in starch. This is just something that came up while she was handing me paperwork. I never mentioned what fruits I eat. Those are pretty much the only fruits I eat. Other than apples, I have no idea what else I can have. And I want to listen to her and take her advice because obviously I haven't been doing something right or else I would have lost the weight by now.  

Essentially she wants 25 grams per meal of protein and then veggies. So many veggies. I actually don't like most vegetables. Aside from broccoli (which I devour), I don't like them. I have no idea how to up my veggie game. I like carrots and cucumbers, but only when dipped in ranch dressing, so that kind of negates them being healthy. I don't like hummus. I've tried, I hate it. 

I just feel so limited on what I can eat right now. I wan to quit, say I can't do it, but I won't. I so desperately want to lose this weight. 

• Like 2

Eating as much protein as docs or trainers or whoever want us to is SO HARD.  I almost never hit it unless I have a protein shake.  Mainly b/c of breakfast; there's only so many eggs I can eat or have time to cook, haha.  Greek yogurt is a good one at breakfast but I always have to sprinkle some carby goodness granola and/or walnuts in to make it palatable.

For fruits I know all berries are big on the low-starch.  They're my go to for a parfait in the am.  Pears (I personally hate them) are good too.  

Are there specific preparations you've tried for veggies that you hated or liked?  I mostly do high heat roasting in the oven so they get that slightly crunchy but cooked texture but I still get bored after more than 1 day with that.  Sauteeing always seemed soggy to me.  If I'm really hating them I give them a squirt with some lemon juice and add red pepper flakes for a bit more taste than just salt and pepper.  I got a bunch of cool veggie side cookbooks and try to make the 'cooking' part of my meal focus on that and then just do a quick pan roasted meat.  I'm sure others can come up with cooler ways to make them palatable.  And I don't think there's anything wrong w eating veg w ranch if it gets you eating more veggies!  Maybe if you feel guilt over the dressing try out a homemade ranch dressing recipe with yogurt and then it's even more protein?  

You got this and we're here for you!!  Have fun with the new car :)

• Like 1

I hear you on the eggs!! The nutritionist was trying to get me to eat all the eggs. I told her I can only do it for like a week and then I wouldn't be able to eat another egg for a week or two. I love them, I just can't do it all the time. I also told her I don't have the time in the morning and I'm not going to create the time. I just want to grab something, sit down, and eat. I'm not awake enough to actually cook. We came up with some ideas. 

I've never been a big fan of berries, but willing to give them another try (with the exception of strawberries, love them!)

I like the way my mom cooks the carrots for one holiday meal. She combines them with mint I think. It's good, but they get soft and I know I wouldn't be able to handle that for more than a day or two texture wise. I'll have to try the high heat roasting. Oh, I never thought to make my own ranch dressing. I'll see if I can find a recipe for it, lessen the guilt a little. And measure it out instead of just squirting some on my plate or dipping directly into the jar. Though I'm nowhere near what the new commercials are like. I like ranch, just not that much! 

• Like 2

Nothing to report goal wise. I tried to be good yesterday. I packed my chicken and broccoli for lunch and threw in a tuna pouch for dinner knowing that I was meeting my dad after work to go to the dealership. I figured I would head there as soon as I got off and if I got there before my dad I would eat in the car. 

I didn't get to eat lunch until 2, and I found out that my mom was going to come up as well and we were going to go out for dinner. So I ended up eating the tuna pouch for lunch (and this reminds me the fork is still in my purse...). I knew if I ate the chicken I wouldn't be hungry for a restaurant meal.

I don't know what we were thinking, but I think we all thought we'd be in and out in an hour. Nope. Got there at 6 and left at 8:30. And we only left then because we pretty much got up and walked out. I put a deposit on the car, but that took an hour to even agree on a price. We were half way out the door when the dealership agreed. Then another half hour to do all the deposit paperwork. Another guy came out with even more paperwork but said it could wait until the car actually came in. Thank god. I was so hungry by that point. We ended up at Chili's. I think I saw only three items on the menu that were under 1,000 calories, and they were like 800. 

TLDR: I put a deposit on a car and ended up way over eating at Chili's for dinner blowing my goals

That's two nights in a row that I haven't gotten home until 10pm and then turned around and went to work an hour early the next morning. I am exhausted. But I've made up the hours I missed when I went to the doctor. Tomorrow is Friday (yay!). I can wear jeans (no clients!!) and not need to be to work until 9am! And I have my fingers crossed they will let me leave at 4 since I wasn't able to last week like they said I could (the other boss held me working on a project). I doubt it will happen, but one can hope. 

• Like 2

As I lie here in bed with all hope of going to bed early dashed, I figured I'd give some updates.

Thursday I met my protein goal but not calories. Friday the reverse. It appears the days I dont have an egg are the days I dont meet it. But I cant have eggs every day!

I need a good protein bar or something to snack on.

And is it healthy to eat tuna every day? I want to say no and I may need to fix that.

As far as moisturizing and flossing, I remember to do it, but never when I am in a position to do so. And then when I'm in the bathroom or bedroom I completely forget. I've added a post it note for at least moisturizing.

Exercise, I still dont know what my block on that is. I have all intentions, it's planned into my day, and then I don't do it.

I'm having a hard time planning for this week because I have no idea when I'm going to the dealership to pick up my car. It could be tomorrow it could be Wednesday. It could be in the morning, it could be in the evening. Hopefully they call be with an exact arrival date so I can figure out my week.

49dd4b875a4c97b462b0ab7ee0287931.jpgdf5720af78dc40e0e4da7b5db58306ea.jpg7b801adc65a011dd43403f1aae19672d.jpg

• Like 3

As I lie here in bed with all hope of going to bed early dashed, I figured I'd give some updates.

Thursday I met my protein goal but not calories. Friday the reverse. It appears the days I dont have an egg are the days I dont meet it. But I cant have eggs every day!

And is it healthy to eat tuna every day? I want to say no and I may need to fix that.

As far as moisturizing and flossing, I remember to do it, but never when I am in a position to do so. And then when I'm in the bathroom or bedroom I completely forget. I've added a post it note for at least moisturizing.

Exercise, I still dont know what my block on that is. I have all intentions, it's planned into my day, and then I don't do it.

I'm having a hard time planning for this week because I have no idea when I'm going to the dealership to pick up my car. It could be tomorrow it could be Wednesday. It could be in the morning, it could be in the evening. Hopefully they call be with an exact arrival date so I can figure out my week.

49dd4b875a4c97b462b0ab7ee0287931.jpgdf5720af78dc40e0e4da7b5db58306ea.jpg7b801adc65a011dd43403f1aae19672d.jpg

I would say it's healthier to eat eggs every day than canned tuna every day. Why? No idea

My nutritionist wanted me to eat pulses every day, so I started using chickpea flour for many things.

I am tempted by this recipe without sugar though: https://www.craftycookingmama.com/homemade-chocolate-fudge-black-bean-protein-bars-vegan/

Or this replacing flour with chickpea flour:
https://www.dovesfarm.co.uk/recipes/sugar-free-beetroot-and-chia-brownie

Or maybe I'm just mad

For exercise, do you have a habit chain? Or maybe you could define what exercise looks like?
Did you exercise 3x week before? If so, what has changed?

2 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I would say it's healthier to eat eggs every day than canned tuna every day. Why? No idea emoji5.png

I just get so sick of eggs. I meet with the nutrionist again soon, I'll ask her for some other ideas. The tuna isn't always canned, I mostly get the Sunkist pouch things. Still probably not that good to have every day. If I don't have a hard boiled egg, turkey, and cheese for dinner it's the tuna pouch.

I am tempted by this recipe without sugar though: https://www.craftycookingmama.com/homemade-chocolate-fudge-black-bean-protein-bars-vegan/

She lost me with black beans. I wonder if there's something else I could use.

For exercise, do you have a habit chain? Or maybe you could define what exercise looks like?
Did you exercise 3x week before? If so, what has changed?

I used to have a gym membership. Back in the day when I was exercising 3-4x a week I was at the gym in the morning before work. I can't afford the gym right now. I have the treadmill at home, but it's still not usable. I guess I just haven't found the at-home exercise that inspires me to continue. It feels like a chore. 

6 hours ago, RedPandaOne said:

I just get so sick of eggs. I meet with the nutritionist again soon, I'll ask her for some other ideas. The tuna isn't always canned, I mostly get the Sunkist pouch things. Still probably not that good to have every day. If I don't have a hard boiled egg, turkey, and cheese for dinner it's the tuna pouch.

Some links on tuna:

https://www.fda.gov/food/metals/fdaepa-2004-advice-what-you-need-know-about-mercury-fish-and-shellfish

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/mercury-in-canned-tuna-is-still-a-concern/index.htm

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/mercury-and-tuna-setting-the-record-straight.html

TL/DR: women who could become pregnant (i.e. childbearing ages that want children) and children should limit tuna. There is some concern around mercury levels in tuna - although it is specific product dependent. Also, "acceptable" mercury levels are body weight dependent. You'll definitely find people who will argue that there is no "acceptable" mercury levels, but it's not going to stop me from eating my tuna.

6 hours ago, RedPandaOne said:

I used to have a gym membership. Back in the day when I was exercising 3-4x a week I was at the gym in the morning before work. I can't afford the gym right now. I have the treadmill at home, but it's still not usable. I guess I just haven't found the at-home exercise that inspires me to continue. It feels like a chore. 

I struggle to workout at home, so I get you. If I GO somewhere to exercise, I'm much more likely to do it. So, no advice, just commiseration.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

TL/DR: women who could become pregnant (i.e. childbearing ages that want children) and children should limit tuna. 

So, you're saying I could use this as another form of BC since I don't want children?

Okay, that was a horrible joke. I should probably be concerned about my mercury levels no matter what. Thanks for those links. And yea, I'm not going to stop eating tuna, I'm with you on that. I'll just try to cut it back to once or twice a week maybe. I did learn yesterday that the Sweet and Spicy tuna pouch is way more spicy than sweet! I will not be buying that flavor again. And I'll try not to get a tuna salad sandwich at trivia tonight. Or maybe I should skip trivia since I've lost my debit card and I should limit exactly how much I put on my credit card... I've already alerted my bank. I lost it some point on Friday but didn't know until I went to pay for groceries last night. I'm just lucky no one found/used the card over the weekend!

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, RedPandaOne said:

I get you! So much!

The only exercise that I did at home was wii, and that didn't last long either.

I walked to/from work every day and was a delight! But moved further out and that makes me 1 hour away. I probably could/should continue, but it's just too much mentally.

I find that Darebee Daily dare is doable as it's so little time, but still I'm not really up for that every day.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, RedPandaOne said:

She lost me with black beans. I wonder if there's something else I could use

What's wrong with black beans? Fibre, proteins, yum!

On 10/2/2019 at 11:35 AM, Diadhuit said:

What's wrong with black beans? Fibre, proteins, yum!

I realized that I responded in my head and never actually here. I've never been a fan of beans to begin with. Not sure why. As for black beans, I assoicate them with black tar. I went to a Mexican place in Las Vegas once (it was at the Luxor). My dish included a side of (I think) black beans and it just looked like someone put a ladle of tar on my plate. And it tasted horrible. So now I just think of that when I think black beans. Wednesday night, I actually had Mexican with my parents and once again got a blob of black goo on my plate. Didn't touch it that night. Had to bring the food home because everything was too spicy for me (even the guacamole was spicy). When I had it for lunch again on Thursday I ate the black goo just because it helped cut back on the heat. It wasn't bad. Still no idea what it was. Does not look appealing at all. 

Why was I out with my parents Wednesday you (didn't) ask? Because I picked up my new car!!!!! So glad that is finally done!

I didn't track my food at all last week so I have no idea how I did on my diet goals. I'd be shocked if I didn't meet protein on Friday because I had a protein shake, tuna, and roast chicken with green beans. Oh, and I had an apple with peanut butter for dessert. 

I've been doing pretty well with moisturizing. Did it last night after my shower. Also flossed this morning. Still no luck with the exercise. My friend is a Beachbody coach and apparently there is a 21 day jeans challenge starting today. Said I would do it, hopefully it will help with accountability. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing, though. I don't own any Beachbody stuff (and won't buy anything). 

• Like 2

Yayyyyyy new car! 

Those black beans you speak of could just be seasoned beans? When you get beans from a can they have a .....bean juice? bean syrup in it. 

https://belleofthekitchen.com/2018/06/14/mexican-black-beans-recipe/

There are also many other beans! I personally love navy beans and kidney beans :) Might be worth experimenting if you can have them? 

It doesn't hurt to experiment, so I think I may give different beans a try. 

I really need to get better at posting in here. Though tomorrow will be the last day of the challenge for me. I'm off to Disney World and Universal on Saturday!!!!!

I met again with the nutritionist last week. She was surprised that I hadn't lost any weight. We discussed medications a little bit more, but I'm still hesitant. We also talked about meal replacement. I had told her the couple times I tried with the shakes she gave me, I was back in the kitchen after an hour because I was hungry. She suggested having the shake and a piece of fruit. I've been trying that for the last couple mornings - mostly because I ran out of cereal and didn't want to open a box before vacation. I've been doing the shake and an apple with peanut butter. I've been good until lunch. Though I'm wondering if I make my own shakes again if they'd be more filling. Something to test when I get back. 

Have I exercised? Nope, and my lungs are paying for it. 

Have I moisturized and flossed? Yup, and my skin and teeth are loving it. 

Have I actually tracked protein and calories? Nope.

I think next challenge I'm only going to have two goals:

Exercise

Track