• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Juice Bar - Rebel Hang Out

9FLY.gifWelcome to the Juice Bar, the Rebels home away from home! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

If this is your first challenge here at NF, please post your challenge in the Level 1 / First Time Challengers subforum.

Take a minute to introduce yourself, let us know why you're here, tell us something nerdy about yourself, and share a gif!  

Have questions? Want some feedback? Ask away! Just want to hang out and chat? Awesome! Want to hide in the corner for a bit? Have a drink on us. :)

• Like 2

Hello! I'm Wobbegong, Rebel Guild Leader. To those of you who know me, it's good to see you again! And to those who are new, welcome to Rebel! 

I'm at NF primarily for the community (both to receive its wisdom and encouragement for myself and to assist in my capacity as GL), but also because it's a good way to keep myself on track toward my goals. 

I'm a nutrition nerd (among many other things). I like reading scientific studies about different diets and the way they impact the body beyond the calories in/calories out aspect: things like gut microbes, hormone signaling, autophagy, cholesterol levels, etc. I also like to learn about the political history of certain diet trends and staples, how they came to be considered "common knowledge," whether they're really true, all that good stuff. 

I also love sharks. 

aOJmrDnvmpvNDPVhDgf8TMqBkcgQAqEXKrFs3e-X

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Take a minute to introduce yourself, let us know why you're here, tell us something nerdy about yourself, and share a gif! 

Hi, visiting here this challenge because I felt like my focus this time around was a good fit.    I have been around NF for a few years now but for those who don't know me I am stay at home dad in my mid 40s living long term in China.  

I like all kinds of nerdy stuff but obviously I don't need to extrapolate on that

monty python wink GIF

• Like 3

Hi, I'm Waanie and now that I'm exercising enough again, I don't know yet what my goals will be this challenge. I like the Rebel community, so I won't disappear to another guild :). I will (most likely) finish my PhD less than three months from now, so it's a very stressful time on top of my already fragile mental health.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Hi all, my name is Bean Sidhe, but really everyone around here calls me Bean. I am not sure how much I will be around this challenge due to current circumstances (see my challenge if curious), I am honestly hoping to be around more than I have been. I am a mom to 2 Agents of Chaos, 4 furry Agents of Chaos and I just started my first real computer science job part time while still going to school for my BS.

I am here because I need to work on not just being healthier Physically, but finding some way to maybe not control the chaos, but minimize it. To not feel like the house is filthy all the time and to handle what I have  going on.

tenor.gif?itemid=4928145

• Like 5

Hi all!  Chilling with the Rebels this challenge because its been a while since I did a challenge and I'm feeling a bit shiftless.  I'm a lawyer (but work a normal 9 to 5 now) with a 19 month old who lives in the city.  Trying to get life back on track and start getting back to being 'me' now that the munchkin is becoming a bit less demanding.  Part of trying to get 'me' back is training for the zombie apocalypse b/c what more fun way to stay active?  Getting back into my zombiesrun! jogs and gonna finally start learning to knife throw with the knives I bought years ago.

beatrice and tobias GIF

• Like 4

Hi there!  Same rebel, new outlook here.  I spent the last challenge learning who I am and now feel pretty good and ready to take care of me.  I am lady to a dog that came into our(husband and cat) house 3 months ago, so we are still learning each other.  I've overcome the fact that short legged dogs *must* run up all hills.  Apparently it's easier than walking?  

My nerdy is rather book related.  I will try almost any book- don't suggest romances to me, ick.  I'm an aging closet goth who is super excited that a new Addams Family movie is coming out in time for my birthday.   I enjoy video games when I can couch co-op with MrC, but they must be just funny enough and not too challenging for me to be able to lure him in to that bad habit! I'll gladly take suggestions.  

And finally I'm a massage therapist who thinks the body is a fascinating mechanism.  I'm constantly amazed by all it can do, all the ways it overcomes and adapts, and all the ways it can go crazy wrong.  Pregnancy is magic, power-lifters are wizards of strength, stressed out teachers are miracle workers, little old ladies who do more in a day than me are inspiration.   And still floored that all these people trust me to help them every day.  

• Like 4

Hi! This is my second challenge!
I spent my first challenge trying to break my sugar habit and bringing down the regime of sweets in my life. This has been partially successful but it was only two weeks, so I'd like to continue that this time around with one more area of focus.
I live in a cubicle in a small neighborhood of other cubicles who's occupants I get along with rather well. The biggest struggle during the day is remembering I'm human and not an automaton. I sometimes think maybe I have it backwards, but that's just silly. 
My nerd is SciFi, fantasy and just good literature. Also D&D, crafting and cooking.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, YaymeQ said:

Also D&D, crafting and cooking.

Me too!  I just started playing D&D finally and love it and am in two games right now.  And all things crafty.  I've been knitting and crocheting lately and also took a few beginning sewing classes and then bought a bunch of projects to sew that I have yet to start, haha.  Someday!

• Like 5

I'm Lateral Planet and I'm mostly just going to be lurking for the next few weeks. Right now I'm on my way to my honeymoon; I'll try not to be a bad influence by posting too much about my lazy days and epic meals ;)

Something nerdy: I'm currently running on four hours' sleep because I wanted to finish The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance before bed. Worth it!

• Like 3
21 hours ago, redgrill18 said:

and then bought a bunch of projects to sew that I have yet to start, haha.  Someday!

Omg THIS! lol I started sewing about two years ago and the only thing I've learned is that I have absolutely zero fashion sense! It's fun though and now my closet is piled high with random fabric that was soooo coooool ... But that I have no plans for. 

• Like 3

I'm Dalish, I tend to flip flop in and out and do something ridiculous to slow my forward momentum every challenge I'm here for.  I'm just good like that!  I'm here to try and bust through the bad relationships I have with food and activity, and develop positive, healthy ones.  As for nerd facts, I've played so much World of Warcraft that I have out lore-nerded every other member of my nerd filled guild.  I'd be embarrassed if I wasn't so smug about it.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi - I'm Athaclena. I've been around, uh, a long time LOL. I'm am an IT Consultant and spend my life herding cats - er - leading implementations of one of my company's flagship software products. This means I Work From HOme and live on con calls\write customizations or travel to client sites to do everything from lead workshops to training to occasionally running implementations. I'm an introvert forced (by choice) to get up and be the center of attention - so it's exhausting - and does impact my non-work life as a result. But it pays $$$ LOL. I'm also TRYING to get the current house packed and mostly moved to storage in TN (where hubby and I hope to move). My challenges can be all over the place, but at the moment they center around 1) moving more 2) eating better and 3) packing up to move. They'll change week to week depending on whether or not I'm traveling....

• Like 3

Totally forgot to add something nerdy about myself and a gif.....

I'm an all around NERD. Like - I'm in to hard science, don't get me started on ancient civilizations, I've been into personal computers almost since they came into existence (which I turned into a lucrative career), I read a LOT - everything from Urban Fantasy to Hard Sci Fi, Mysteries to Horror - even the occasional Paranormal romance. When I get a chance I play tabletop RPGs (think D&D and Pathfinder) but thanks to work life it's not weekly like it has been previously in my life many times. I don't spend much time on computer games.... anymore though.... I'll occasionally pick back up on Diablo III or something - but gaming with friends is hard when I travel..... Oh - and I'm a FONT of useless knowledge - unless it's Trivia night.... So yeah - an all around nerd....

As for a Gif - I'm both highly anticipating and greatly dreading the last season of Supernatural so....

giphy.gif

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Chesire said:

My body-nerd impulses were activated yesterday when I (finally) went to Physical Therapy.  It was so crazy neat and weird to learn I have 0% ability for a certain movement because of a weird body adaptation.  I love that stuff.  Now to fix it.

This makes me want to go to physical therapy just to find out where my ROM is restricted. I have no pain or obvious stiffness impacting my day-to-day life (like an arm I can't lift above my shoulder, or something) but I'm curious all the same. 

• Like 2
On 9/20/2019 at 1:17 AM, Wobbegong said:

This makes me want to go to physical therapy just to find out where my ROM is restricted. I have no pain or obvious stiffness impacting my day-to-day life (like an arm I can't lift above my shoulder, or something) but I'm curious all the same. 

My PT will unfortunately not look at that unless you have problems in daily life, or very specific problems during exercise. I agree it would be very neat to know what I should work on for a better body.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...