• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zaethe

Dalish is a fat kitty

Reposted from respawn point:

When I chose Dalish as my username, I picked it to sort of act as a goal point.  It was where I wanted to be, and all of my goals focused around this sort of ideal I had.  Outside in the world, long hikes, as much time rolling around in fields as possible.

Then last year I found out I was allergic to grass pollen, and everything pretty much changed.

I've tried since to keep going and maintain my presence here because I like the community and the accountability.  But I kept seeing the name.  Dalish.  And it felt kind of like a broken promise to myself.  A reminder of plans that had changed and dreams I'd put aside.  I needed a change.

So this time, no promises.  No setting a course for myself without knowing what the obstacles might be.  I'm giving myself the permission I need to explore myself and find my own awesome, without the weight of expectations hanging over my head.

------

I'm taking the rest of this challenge out, and I'll start up again next challenge.  Give myself some time to figure out where I want to explore and do with myself right now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zaethe said:

I'm giving myself the permission I need to explore myself and find my own awesome, without the weight of expectations hanging over my head.

Thank you for giving us an update. I hope this name change helps you; I really like the attitude you express with it and look forward to seeing more.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, Zaethe said:

I'm taking the rest of this challenge out, and I'll start up again next challenge.  Give myself some time to figure out where I want to explore and do with myself right now.

Good for you! I gave myself a new name when I came back to NerdFitness after a long absence; the original just didn't vibe with my new goals and new outlook. A fresh identity is a great way to reset and respawn :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Whisper said:

Thank you for giving us an update. I hope this name change helps you; I really like the attitude you express with it and look forward to seeing more.

Thanks :) I've been doing a lot of thinking about my approach to my health and my attitude lately.  Funny how small changes affect things in big ways!

1 hour ago, Lateral Planet said:

Good for you! I gave myself a new name when I came back to NerdFitness after a long absence; the original just didn't vibe with my new goals and new outlook. A fresh identity is a great way to reset and respawn :D

Thanks!  :) I completely agree, sometimes you've just gotta flip it all on it's head and approach from a totally new angle.  And same, the old name just wasn't vibing with what I wanted from myself anymore.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Thanks for the update. What is the story behind this name?

Literally none!  I was so intent on having no history or promises attached to it that I actually hit up one of those online fantasy name generators until I found something that I liked the sound of.  So now I have a blank slate that I can attribute meaning to as I develop it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zaethe said:

Literally none!  I was so intent on having no history or promises attached to it that I actually hit up one of those online fantasy name generators until I found something that I liked the sound of.  So now I have a blank slate that I can attribute meaning to as I develop it.

Sounds good to me! :)

• Like 1