• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Should [DarK_RaideR] roll the dice or roll in the mud?

32 minutes ago, Endor said:

Preparing for battle once more,
With Endor he did wipe the floor, 
All hail DR the glorious winner,

That's an interesting and quite funny ode there, kudos for managing to sneak it in between my wrestling posts :D

32 minutes ago, Endor said:

but you still wouldn't catch me eating his dinner! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShpyB71bFFdEeJSvhAZ4o

Thanks for doing the PvP, was a good way to push us both.

Speaking of pushing each other, I did a Spartan Super with @EricMN AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

giphy.gif

So last we left off, our heroes were still in Athens, trying to strike a good balance between tasting ALL the yummy food and not piling up too much weight before the race. Unfortunately, due to a combination of crappy financing and terrible arrangements on my part as well as sickness and shark week on her part, the SRLF could not join us for the Trifecta Weekend. We did pick up the car Eric and his gf had pre-booked and pre-paid (thus couldn't cancel for a refund and use my car) and I drove them the full 4 hour trip to Sparta on Friday, all the way up to a wonderful mountain resort their travel agent had booked. They were kind enough to have me stay in the place they had booked and after a good night's rest, we woke up on Saturday for our racing.

Between finding the registration desk and providing a medical clearance paper (which we obviously forged) instead of just signing a waiver, the folks found out what happens when Greek (dis)organization and irresponsibility meets the mess they're used to from Spartan in the U.S. Our wave was supposed to be the 10:30 one, but with all that to go through we had to take the next one we could find, 10:40 or 10:50 iirc. Whatever you've heard Eric say about himself on his thread, take it with a grain of salt because he's a master of underselling himself (unless it's a brief burst for the race photographers) and whining about stuff. Sure, he's no runner and hadn't trained for this, but for a man his age who's also dealing with joint issues, a hamstring injury and iirc a recently sprained ankle, he rocked the hell out of the race. Myself, I was just happy to be living the experience and a little curious to see how the race would be now that I'm using Muay Thai instead of Crossfit to train. I cleared every obstacle and with characteristic ease too, which I didn't expect, up to probably 2/3 into the race. Might have been the running in and out of the river, but during a basic wall obstacle, I got hit with a muscle cramp on my right calf. Fortunately, it was the one hanging down and I'd used my left leg to hook the wall and get over it, but that was probably the turning point in my race. Next up was the Twister and though I had the grip strength to go more than the first couple of handles, as soon as my body tightened up, both my calves hit me with stinging pain, so bad that it killed my grip and I fell. That said, the rest of the race wasn't that much fun for me and I failed most of the obstacles that required either jumping up (i.e. walls) or hanging (i.e. monkey bars). All the cargo net climb stuff was a breeze till the end though, as was the Herc Hoist which I am not ever going to fail again since the SRLF made a fool of me a few years back when she cleared it with ease after I had struggled and failed to deal with it (spoiler: it's about squatting down to use hip power, not pulling with your upper body alone).

As soon as we hit Sparta's main street with a bunch of final obstacles to please the crowd (though I wish that's what the race started with, so people wouldn't be spent by the time they deal with these) we met Eric's gf on the side, who was clearly in stress: it was nearly 15:00 and that's when their Sprint wave was scheduled to leave, meaning we took about 4 hours to complete the Super. What we didn't know at the time was that the final Sprint wave left at 15:20, so obviously Eric took it up a notch and powered through the finish while I burpeed my way behind him. We never got to get our picture holding hands as we jump over the fire, but at least I did manage to grab him for the post-race photo as he came up to tell me he was heading for the starting line with his gf. Furthermore, his gf had my phone and wallet with her; the original plan was she'd hand me her bag while they'd be doing the Spirnt, but given the time constraints, she had checked it in, so I had to wait for them to finish without being able to call the SRLF or buy a snack. At least I got enough time to shower, change, stretch and sit, which is something they didn't as they finished next to last at around 3 hours. Which again, is awesome when you take into account that he had just completed a Super without a break in-between (I know the feels, happened to me last year) and that his gf is a casual Sprint runner. With the entire thing closing down (and Eric forgetting to bring a spare pair of shoes) we drove to the hotel for dinner and went to bed, meaning we also forgot to grab our finisher shirts as they'd placed them at some hidden stall instead of, you know, at the finish line.

This morning, Eric is running the Beast for his trifecta, while his gf is out about town and I'm at a cafe using their wifi to catch up with everything I've been missing these last few couple of days. We made a few tries to get our shirts today to no avail, which I don't really mind since I have a bunch of Spartan shirts already, but for them it's a souvenir from a place far away they should be getting. Hopefully Eric can get it done when he goes to pick up his Beast finisher shirt today, then we're off to drive back all the way to Athens.

I'll try to have that photo of us taken today.

• Like 8

New_Generation_Wrestling_UK_Logo.png
NGW Battle for Europe
Held on Friday, Week 4 of October 2013
Venue: Trikala Pavillion Arena, Greece, Europe
Attendance: 9.465, Buyrate: 0.10 (54.882 buys), Shown on Euro Your Demand

wuo51A1.jpg

Champagne Lover opens the show to a roaring reaction from the live crowd.

Lover: "Ladies and gentlemen... but mostly ladies... Tonight is a special night, because tonight, after the Powers that Be forced my close friends and allies to scatter across brands and promotions, the Army of Lovers is reunited! Already, we have forced ourselves into this opening contest and make no mistake, starting tonight we shall be noted and I myself shall be back on top, right where I've always belonged!"
bDYucCv.jpg

wuo51A1.jpg12XzW2n.jpgkWqP7Sm.jpgo21XngA.jpg
25UZG0h.png
VqnREXC.jpgiyN2viL.jpgWUS40Jt.jpgO9Pae5I.jpg
Army of Lovers (Champagne Lover, Giovanni Bruno, Marcello Ricci & Paolo Gandalfini) vs John Silver, Leon Harrison, Wade Orson & Konrad Mäkinen

Reunited after their short-lived original inception, the Army of Lovers went up against NGW's founding duo and two of their hottest blue chippers in Orson and Mäkinen. This was mainly to get the fans going, as well as a showcase match to exhibit the talents of the younger, less exposed wrestlers. Orson did his usual thing of chaining hits into exciting brawling sequences, whereas Mäkinen, mainly known for his solid mat grappling skills, showed he's not only a competent striker, but a spectacular high flyer as well, a testament to his evolution towards being a much more well rounded worker. On the other hand, Giovanni Bruno seemed to have added some wonderful "this is awkwardly suggestive" technical grappling to complement his sleazy lounge lizard character, while Ricci had every base covered to the point where he might well be regarded as the standard bearer for the next generation of hot rookies coming in. Gandalfini brought the power, taking frequent pauses to flex his physique and with every man having his moment to shine, the match ended with Champagne Lover hitting the Lover Stunner on Harrison for the pin.

Winners: Army of Lovers
pyf9Pt4.jpg

PQHhWV6.jpgLFcPDbz.jpgBJ5XbNO.jpg25UZG0h.pngTgQORsF.jpgbGfQcLk.jpgNNIIGh4.jpg
The League of Heroes (Captain Hero II, Robert Howard & Adam Matravers) vs The Czars (Marat Khoklov, Dovydas Vidmar & Andryi Boronin

Boronin was obviously the unknown factor in this match, with the other five competitors having established rivalries as well as characters amongst them. Although the young Ukrainian ex-soldier and amateur grappler did have a brief stint with NGW, he was quickly sent to EWA once it was established in order to hone his chops and this match showed just this improvement within a year. His grapple-heavy offense looked crisp and sharp, a fact he seemed to emphasize over his military background as he methodically attempted to dismantle the opposition. His inexperience however did him in and despite his teammates' best efforts, Boronin was almost cut in half when Howard was able to hit him with a Bull Tackle, subsequently scoring the pin for his team.

Winners: The League of Heroes
sma3Die.jpg

PQHhWV6.jpgTgQORsF.jpg

As the losing team retreated and the winners recollected themselves, Captain Hero II motioned for a microphone to speak his mind.

Hero: "Marat... We've won tonight, but between me and you... it is far from over! I know you've puched your ticket to wrestle in December's main event, but at November's Reach for the Sky Pay Per View... it's gonna be me and you, one on one!"
lfOxD6w.jpg

MD3svD5.jpgMD3svD5.jpg
NGW Tag Team titles match
YuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpg25UZG0h.pngPybIMT9.jpgnYdtjiY.jpgwwGTzFkZ.jpg
The Ivanoff Brothers vs The Johanssons © (with Signe Lythjohan)

This looked like it was going to be a standard brawl between two hard hitting teams but it went beyond that point once things spilled outside the ring and the Johanssons went hardcore as they used their surroundings in all sorts of creative ways to hurt their challengers. Apparently caught by suprise but no strangers to dirty fighting themselves, the Russian brothers took a beating before they were able to bounce back but a timely swing of Signe Lythjohan's purse onto the head of Igor when the ref wasn't looking was enough to take him out of the match, leaving the champions to take Ivan two-on-one and eventually pin him to retain.

Winners: The Johanssons
The Johanssons make defence number 3 of their NGW Tag Team titles
pyf9Pt4.jpg

ww2Mzx6.jpg25UZG0h.pngqwZB6cD.jpg
Darkness Cat vs Geena the Warrior Princess

Though the feud between these two women felt a little cartoonish after Cat stole Geena's necklace, NGW didn't at least hang that necklace up on the rafters and make them fight for it in a ladder match and the actual match featured a lot of good wrestling, even if the focus itself was more on the story told within the ropes. Primarily a high flying luchadora, Darkness Cat found out that despite her size and power, Geena has no issue keeping up as she blended brawling and aerial moves into an exciting package. Cat was forced to change her tactics and upped the tempo in an attempt to wear out the veteran, but once again, Geena rose to the occasion and almost had the match won after Cat missed a smooth-looking moonsault. Realizing defeat was inevitable, Cat chose to at least lose on her terms and after spending a moment too long recovering at rinside, she left the ring and got intentionally counted out, much to Geena's dismay.

Winner: Geena the Warrior Princess
pyf9Pt4.jpg

yNQekBM.jpgNVsHmIw.jpg

Fusae Etsuko and Joanne Rodriguez are shown backstage, watching the match and shaking their heads in apparent disappointment, though no it is not made clear as to what exactly.

lfOxD6w.jpg

0eQDv0J.jpg
NGW Heavyweight title match
SoeMY3z.jpg25UZG0h.pngIjXtyuX.jpg
"The Alpha Male" Edward Cornell © vs Badass Bantom

Despite Bantom's absence, his feud with Cornell is not new and the same goes for their apparent chemistry in the ring. Fuelled further by their confrontation at Back to School, the animosity leads to a flat-out frantic match but as time rolls on, it becomes apparent that Bantom not only lacks the stamina to keep going at this pace, he also fell back a bit while he was away from NGW and wrestling for EWA, leading to him being surprised as Cornell rolls him up for the pin.

Winner: Edward Cornell
Edward Cornell makes defence number 3 of his NGW Heavyweight title
IqChfad.jpg

CaTwuAY.jpg
NGW Cruiserweight title match
h8WdOUv.jpg25UZG0h.pngDlqpgvn.jpgwsbFUnpv.jpg
Christopher Lister © vs "The Rock and Roller" Sebastian Koller (with Viper McKenna)

After a hot winning streak on Proving Ground, Koller enters this match with a head full of steam and plenty of confidence while the announcers bring up that despite both men being long-time members of NGW, this is actually their first ever one on one, singles match. It's a pretty solid match too, with both men showing equal skill on all aspects of wrestling, though Lister seems to opt for a cleaner mix between outright brawling and stiff, precise puroresu-style strikes while Koller is most comfortable when he can sneak in shots using any foreign object he can get away with, such as the ringpost, barricade and even an exposed steel ring after he's removed the protective padding. The contest is pretty even, with momentum swinging back and forth as the two competitors trade controlof the match until Koller's ace up his sleeve, Viper McKenna, plays her part and distracts the ref as Lister hits the Kanobi Kutter. Garry Garret spends way too much time arguing with McKenna and not making the count, so by the time he realizes what's going on and drops down, Koller is able to kick out at two. The match continues and Lister tries to push harder, but another distraction from McKenna allows Koller to hit a low blow, followed by the Hamburg Rock City for the pin and Sebastian Koller's first ever title win since holding the Young Lion title back in mid-2012.

Winner AND NEW NGW Cruiserweight champion: Sebastian Koller
sma3Die.jpg

Show Rating:
sma3Die.jpg
  • Like 3

I loved the race recap, hope you guys had a great time.  

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
Christopher Lister © vs "The Rock and Roller" Sebastian Koller (with Viper McKenna)

After a hot winning streak on Proving Ground, Koller enters this match with a head full of steam and plenty of confidence while the announcers bring up that despite both men being long-time members of NGW, this is actually their first ever one on one, singles match. It's a pretty solid match too, with both men showing equal skill on all aspects of wrestling, though Lister seems to opt for a cleaner mix between outright brawling and stiff, precise puroresu-style strikes while Koller is most comfortable when he can sneak in shots using any foreign object he can get away with, such as the ringpost, barricade and even an exposed steel ring after he's removed the protective padding. The contest is pretty even, with momentum swinging back and forth as the two competitors trade controlof the match until Koller's ace up his sleeve, Viper McKenna, plays her part and distracts the ref as Lister hits the Kanobi Kutter. Garry Garret spends way too much time arguing with McKenna and not making the count, so by the time he realizes what's going on and drops down, Koller is able to kick out at two. The match continues and Lister tries to push harder, but another distraction from McKenna allows Koller to hit a low blow, followed by the Hamburg Rock City for the pin and Sebastian Koller's first ever title win since holding the Young Lion title back in mid-2012.

Is that 3 losses in a row for Lister?  Why are you doing this to me??? :P 

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, DarK_RaideR said:
PQHhWV6.jpgh8WdOUv.jpg

Lister and Hero II announce they've talked to the Commissioner and although nothing can be done about the outcome of that match, he's allowed them to have a modicum of revenge in tonight's main event where the two of them will be facing the Moscow Mauler in a handicap match!

At6zmyr.jpg

TgQORsF.jpg25UZG0h.pngPQHhWV6.jpgh8WdOUv.jpg
"The Moscow Mauler" Marat Khoklov vs The League of Heroes

In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Marat Khoklov defeated Captain Hero II and Christopher Lister in a Handicap match in 14:29 when Marat Khoklov defeated Captain Hero II by pinfall with a Russian Legend Powerbomb.

Taking down Marat must be like trying to take down a tree.

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
bGfQcLk.jpg25UZG0h.pngLFcPDbz.jpg
"The Bratva Bruiser" Dovydas Vidmar vs "The Louisiana Pitbull" Robert Howard

In a decent match, Dovydas Vidmar defeated Robert Howard in 10:28 by pinfall after using a foreign object.

Time to put Howard in a dog-chain match with Eyeless Vidmar so he can't reach that Vodka bottle.

22 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
PQHhWV6.jpgTgQORsF.jpg

As the losing team retreated and the winners recollected themselves, Captain Hero II motioned for a microphone to speak his mind.

Hero: "Marat... We've won tonight, but between me and you... it is far from over! I know you've puched your ticket to wrestle in December's main event, but at November's Reach for the Sky Pay Per View... it's gonna be me and you, one on one!"
lfOxD6w.jpg

MD3svD5.jpgMD3svD5.jpg
NGW Tag Team titles match
YuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpg25UZG0h.pngPybIMT9.jpgnYdtjiY.jpgwwGTzFkZ.jpg
The Ivanoff Brothers vs The Johanssons © (with Signe Lythjohan)

This looked like it was going to be a standard brawl between two hard hitting teams but it went beyond that point once things spilled outside the ring and the Johanssons went hardcore as they used their surroundings in all sorts of creative ways to hurt their challengers. Apparently caught by suprise but no strangers to dirty fighting themselves, the Russian brothers took a beating before they were able to bounce back but a timely swing of Signe Lythjohan's purse onto the head of Igor when the ref wasn't looking was enough to take him out of the match, leaving the champions to take Ivan two-on-one and eventually pin him to retain.

Winners: The Johanssons
The Johanssons make defence number 3 of their NGW Tag Team titles
pyf9Pt4.jpg

0eQDv0J.jpg
NGW Heavyweight title match
SoeMY3z.jpg25UZG0h.pngIjXtyuX.jpg
"The Alpha Male" Edward Cornell © vs Badass Bantom

Despite Bantom's absence, his feud with Cornell is not new and the same goes for their apparent chemistry in the ring. Fuelled further by their confrontation at Back to School, the animosity leads to a flat-out frantic match but as time rolls on, it becomes apparent that Bantom not only lacks the stamina to keep going at this pace, he also fell back a bit while he was away from NGW and wrestling for EWA, leading to him being surprised as Cornell rolls him up for the pin.

Winner: Edward Cornell
Edward Cornell makes defence number 3 of his NGW Heavyweight title
IqChfad.jpg

CaTwuAY.jpg
NGW Cruiserweight title match

Winner AND NEW NGW Cruiserweight champion: Sebastian Koller
sma3Die.jpg

Show Rating:
sma3Die.jpg

B... whatever. I picked out my favorite moments but this was solid up and down.

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Speaking of pushing each other, I did a Spartan Super with @EricMN AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

What an awesome week spent with you and your SRLF. I wish she had been able to join us in Sparta. The resort was quite nice. I'm probably underselling it.

Also underselling is your race. You kicked butt on everything right up until those cramps set in, while I bitched and moaned about... well, probably everything from my hamstring to how I feel like a shell of what i was two years ago. I had a harder time with some of the obstacles than I'm used to while you really did well and I was duly impressed. Pushing through the current in the river for what felt like more than a kilometer probably made you cramp up even more. A shame because you really pushed our pace and you knew I needed the kick in the butt.

Thank you for a week of kindness and friendship, Commander. Me and mine will be back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Is that 3 losses in a row for Lister?  Why are you doing this to me??? :P 

Because heroes who win all the time without facing an actually hard obstacle to overcome are boring. :P

Spoiler

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, EricMN said:

Taking down Marat must be like trying to take down a tree.

Well, Marat classifies as a Giant on the size category, meaning he's a rare "freak of nature" case that goes past the scale of weight categories; well over 400lb of muscle and bad attitude, he's up there with the likes of Andre the Giant. Here are some descriptions of his moves from Wrestling Spirit 3, a turn-based game using the same database:

Russian Giant Bear Hug

A trademark move of Marat Khoklov, it is a Bear Hug. What would be a wear-down hold for most wrestlers becomes a deadly submission hold thanks to his freakish power.

Soviet Sledge

A trademark of Marat Khoklov, it is a powerful clubbing Forearm Blow to the chest of the opponent. With Marat's insane strength, it becomes a major weapon in his arsenal, threatening to cave in the victim's chest.

Moscow Lariat

The trademark finisher of Marat Kholklov, it is an unbelievably vicious Lariat Clothesline. Given Marat's freakish size and power, it's a move that has the potential to break necks.

Russian Legend Powerbomb

A trademark of Marat Khoklov, it's an incredibly vicious Powerbomb using Marat's strength to nearly put the opponent through the mat. It is legendary in Japan as Marat used it to knock out the all-time great Tadiyuki Kikkiwa.

1 hour ago, EricMN said:

Time to put Howard in a dog-chain match with Eyeless Vidmar so he can't reach that Vodka bottle.

That... could be arranged :D

1 hour ago, EricMN said:

What an awesome week spent with you and your SRLF.

It was awesome indeed and doing an OCR with you was a rare priviledge I never thought I'd get to experience. One more line off my bucket list. Speaking of which...

1 hour ago, EricMN said:

Also underselling is your race. You kicked butt on everything right up until those cramps set in, while I bitched and moaned about... well, probably everything from my hamstring to how I feel like a shell of what i was two years ago. I had a harder time with some of the obstacles than I'm used to while you really did well and I was duly impressed. Pushing through the current in the river for what felt like more than a kilometer probably made you cramp up even more. A shame because you really pushed our pace and you knew I needed the kick in the butt.

Based on prior experience, I knew I could handle most obstacles, including the Z-Walls which I finally conquered last year. All hanging obstacles were bound to be a challenge once my grip was smoked, apparently the gloves helped a lot with that but my calf cramps did me in, though I honestly did not expect to clear the inverted monkey bars, especially not as easy as I did. Too bad they replaced the standard ropes with these new slick mountain climbing ones, never thought I'd fail a rope climb but here we are, the damn thing just wouldn't stay pressed between my feet. You are probably overselling your bitching and moaning, it was actually pretty entertaining and just like you said, neither of us held the other back, we lifted each other up.

• Like 3

Also, lest we forget...

Brand Adjustment

timXQf2.jpgO9Pae5I.jpgv0U0AaE.jpgDTAxGxv.jpgpIpPSyS.jpg
3d06be0c45252abad520df13f5a225ab-opposit
BJ5XbNO.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg9c5DDhn.jpgbGfQcLk.jpgi3AqEI6.jpg

Following Battle for Europe, NGW's two brands have agreed to a talent exchange going forward. "The Steppe Cowgirl" Anna Twirl, Konrad Mäkinen, Menace and Ripper LeStat will be jumping ship to Tuesdays and Proving Grounds. In exchange, Back to the Future will be getting "Mile High" Adam Matravers, "The Louisiana Pitbull" Robert Howard, "The Bratva Bruiser" Dovydas Vidmar and Jeri "Air" Behr. Despite both shows getting equally good grades and ratings, fans and critics agree that Back to the Future is probably getting the most out of this deal, as both the Czars and the League of Heroes are back together on the same brand, while the highly promosing Jeri "Air" Behr will be amongst the likes of Fusae Etsuko and the NGW Women's champion, Joanne Rodriguez.

• Like 3

On 10/31/2019 at 11:17 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Probably some Catwoman impersonator I put in to hopefully get @RES hooked :D She too is a canon character, a Mexican masked luchadora described as "a very quick and agile wrestler, noted for her high flying ability, particularly her moonsault variations"

This might just work ;) 

• Haha 1

v0U0AaE.jpg
NGW Back to the Future (Weekly TV show)
Held on Monday, Week 1 of November 2013
Venue: New Knossos Amphitheatre, Greece, Europe
Attendance: 4.694, Ratings: 0.72 (542.960 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

h8WdOUv.jpgSoeMY3z.jpg

Christopher Lister opens the show with a promo about his match at Battle for Europe, when the NGW Heavyweight champion Edward Cornell interrupts him to mock him for losing the NGW Cruiserweight title. Unphased, Lister says he knows Cornell is set to face Marat Khoklov in December, but there is still some time left till then and at this month's Reach for the Sky Pay Per View, he will wipe that smirk off Cornell's face when he takes his title from him!

At6zmyr.jpg

yNQekBM.jpgNVsHmIw.jpg

Side by side, former rivals Fusae Etsuko and Joanne Rodriguez take turns on the mic, saying they've worked hard in order to make sure women's wrestling shall be respected, a not-so-subtle comment on Geena the Warrior Princess' cartoonish feud with Darkness Cat over a stolen necklace. Rodriguez ends the promo saying tonight she and Jeri Behr will show the world what women's wrestling is all about when they face Hall of Famer Viv Jacobs and her Wrecking Krew teammate, Paula Edwards.

At6zmyr.jpg

NVsHmIw.jpgi3AqEI6.jpg25UZG0h.pngKgdqMk2.jpgmokJyn1.jpg
Joanne Rodriguez & Jeri Behr vs The Wrecking Krew

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Rodriguez & Behr defeated Viv Jacobs and Paula Edwards in 10:01 when Jeri Behr defeated Viv Jacobs by pinfall with a Standing Moonsault.

sma3Die.jpg

wuo51A1.jpg12XzW2n.jpgkWqP7Sm.jpgo21XngA.jpg

In a somewhat comedic segment, Champagne Lover hypes up his stable of good looking, cocky teammates The Army of Lovers. The joke here is that the hyping ends with the announcement that Paolo Gandalfini is up next, wrestling against none other than Marat Khoklov!

IqChfad.jpg

o21XngA.jpg25UZG0h.pngTgQORsF.jpg
Paolo Gandalfini vs "The Moscow Mauler" Marat Khoklov

In a decent match, Marat Khoklov defeated Paolo Gandalfini in 8:30 by pinfall with a Moscow Lariat.

pyf9Pt4.jpg

PQHhWV6.jpgbGfQcLk.jpg

Backstage, Captain Hero II cuts a promo to hype up his Reach for the Sky match against Marat Khoklov when Dovydas Vidmar walks in to interrupt. Tension rises and after some back and forth on the mic, the two men agree to wrestle each other in next week's episode of Back to the Future.

At6zmyr.jpg

LFcPDbz.jpgBJ5XbNO.jpg25UZG0h.pngYuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpg
Violent Mood Swings vs The Ivanoff Brothers

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, The Ivanoff Brothers drew with Violent Mood Swings in 14:22 when the match descended into chaos after Hercules Johansson and Bam Bam Johansson became involved.

At6zmyr.jpg

Show Rating:
At6zmyr.jpg
  • Like 3

9c5DDhn.jpg
NGW Proving Ground (Weekly TV show)
Held on Wednesday, Week 1 of November 2013
Venue: New Knossos Amphitheatre, Greece, Europe
Attendance: 4.639, Ratings: 0.76 (573.000 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

Dlqpgvn.jpgsbFUnpv.jpgVqnREXC.jpgiyN2viL.jpgN1zhldv.jpgcTU1ZCQ.jpg72KyRpj.jpg

Accompanied as usual by Viper McKenna and now carrying the NGW Cruiserweight title, "The Rock and Roller" Sebastian Koller comes out to cut a promo and brag about his win, saying he did what he promised he'd do, bring a title to the Proving Ground brand. He is interrupted by John Silver who points out that now a challenger is needed, which of course is a lead-in for him to throw down the gauntlet. This leads to a series of people coming out to throw their name in the hat and make their claim, so by the end of the segment Leon Harrison, Shiro Akuma, Roy Edison and Sergei Kalashnov are all out, clearly too many challengers in a messy situation that needs to be sorted out.

pyf9Pt4.jpg

DTAxGxv.jpg25UZG0h.pngxubMr0F.jpg
Menace vs Ryushi Ryusaki

In a poor match, Ryushi Ryusaki defeated Menace in 5:54 by pinfall with a Package Piledriver.

rCrbMWQ.jpg

qwZB6cD.jpg

Geena the Warrior Princess cuts a promo next, commenting on Rodriguez and Etsuko's comments at Back to the Future, saying she doesn't need to explain herself, all she needs to do is reclaim that necklace for reasons that are her own.

sma3Die.jpg

qwZB6cD.jpg25UZG0h.pngtimXQf2.jpg
Geena the Warrior Princess vs "The Steppe Cowgirl" Anna Twirl

In a decent match, Geena The Warrior Princess defeated Anna Twirl in 10:05 by pinfall with an Amazon Plunge.

ozLd3Bm.jpg

PFb9alT.jpgM2RTO0E.jpg25UZG0h.pngO9Pae5I.jpgWUS40Jt.jpg
Double Dutch vs Konrad Mäkinen & Wade Orson

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Konrad Mäkinen and Wade Orson defeated Double Dutch in 14:16 when Wade Orson defeated Frank Ven Heer by pinfall with a Bounce Back.

At6zmyr.jpg

IjXtyuX.jpgIDTFoKl.jpgO9Pae5I.jpgWUS40Jt.jpg

After the match is over, Badass Bantom and Landon Mallory hit the ring to attack Konrad Mäkinen and Wade Orson, laying them out as the show goes off the air.

At6zmyr.jpg

Show Rating:
At6zmyr.jpg
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, RES said:

This might just work ;) 

giphy.gif

Apparently I also got away with very little leftover damage from the Spartan race too. Managed to bruise my right tricep while scaling a wall, it stung a bit at the time but didn't hinder my performance. At some point I thought maybe a splinter was stuck in, but it went away the day after, giving way to my only lingering issue, an annoying pain on the outer curve of my left foot that showed up the day after a la DOMS. Figure I stepped the wrong way on some rock while hiking through the rivers, leading to that part taking the stress of weight that should normally press on the more cushioned, meatier ball part of my foot. It's barely noticable when I sit, but standing and walking is an issue, to the point where I got a minor limp. Should go away with rest and some time, I'm not complaining. I'm actually surprised I didn't have more scratches and bruises.

It's a similar case with the post-race blues, probably the first time ever I'm not dealing with any of that. Most likely because there's a lot of other, more serious stuff in my life I have to deal with. I think it also helps that I don't have a challenge up this round, so I don't have this feeling that I "should" follow this up with something equally epic (though I've already come up with something for my next challenge*). Between the race, upcoming Brussels trip and life issues, I think skipping this challenge round was the right call.

*theme hint

Spoiler

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
h8WdOUv.jpgSoeMY3z.jpg

Christopher Lister opens the show with a promo about his match at Battle for Europe, when the NGW Heavyweight champion Edward Cornell interrupts him to mock him for losing the NGW Cruiserweight title. Unphased, Lister says he knows Cornell is set to face Marat Khoklov in December, but there is still some time left till then and at this month's Reach for the Sky Pay Per View, he will wipe that smirk off Cornell's face when he takes his title from him!

Definitely looking forward to this one! :) 

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
IjXtyuX.jpgIDTFoKl.jpgO9Pae5I.jpgWUS40Jt.jpg

After the match is over, Badass Bantom and Landon Mallory hit the ring to attack Konrad Mäkinen and Wade Orson, laying them out as the show goes off the air.

Why, Bantom, why!

• Like 1

v0U0AaE.jpg
NGW Back to the Future (Weekly TV show)
Held on Monday, Week 2 of November 2013
Venue: Le Hangar a Bateaux,France, Europe
Attendance: 3.437, Ratings: 0.73 (554.820 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

wuo51A1.jpg12XzW2n.jpgkWqP7Sm.jpgo21XngA.jpgSoeMY3z.jpg

The Army of Lovers take turns on the mic to brag about themselves and generally be an obnoxious group of good looking airheads, when Edward Cornell interrupts them. At first, Cornell mocks the group for its initial, short-lived inception in the past, but it backfires once he talks about Champagne Lover losing the NGW Heavyweight title; the Mexican gets on the mic to cut him off and criticize Cornell's shady title defenses, before asking him how that "Real Deal thing" has been working for him lately. With fans cheering and nothing good to respond, Cornell storms off looking angry.

IqChfad.jpg

wGTzFkZ.jpgPybIMT9.jpgnYdtjiY.jpg

Flanked by the menacing Johansson brothers, Signe Lytjohan cuts a promo to address last week's main event. Without revealing the NGW Tag Team champions' motives for their actions, she announces that as a result, tonight a three way match will be held with one member from each team involved.

IqChfad.jpg

BJ5XbNO.jpg25UZG0h.pngaqKXVd4.jpg25UZG0h.pngPybIMT9.jpg
Adam Matravers vs Ivan Ivanoff (with Igor Ivanoff) vs Bam Bam Johanson (with Signe Lythjohan & Hercules Johansson)

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Adam Matravers defeated Bam Bam Johansson and Ivan Ivanoff in 10:10 when Adam Matravers defeated Ivan Ivanoff by pinfall with a roll up.

pyf9Pt4.jpg

KgdqMk2.jpgMGCPelQ.jpg

Hall of Famer Viv "The Violence" Jacobs comes out for a short promo, regarding the recent injury of her Wrecking Krew teammate, Paula Edwards, before she's interrupted by Melanie Flyman who claims that "no one cares". After a brief pause of disappointment, Jacobs slaps Flyman across the face and we have a match!

87E3trK.jpg

KgdqMk2.jpg25UZG0h.pngMGCPelQ.jpg
Viv "The Violence" Jacobs vs "The Ninja" Melanie Flyman

In a decent match, Viv Jacobs defeated Melanie Flyman in 10:32 by pinfall with a Powerslam.

pyf9Pt4.jpg

MGCPelQ.jpgKgdqMk2.jpgyNQekBM.jpgNVsHmIw.jpgi3AqEI6.jpg

Frustrated with her loss, Melanie Flyman sneak attacks the celebrating Viv Jacobs and beats her down, before Fusae Etsuko, Joanne Rodriguez and Jeri Behr all rush down for the save, forcing Flyman to a retreat as they help the hall of famer back up to her feet.

pyf9Pt4.jpg

PQHhWV6.jpgh8WdOUv.jpgLFcPDbz.jpgTgQORsF.jpg

Backstage, Captain Hero II is preparing for his match against Dovydas Vidmar, which was arranged a week ago, when Lister walks up to him and offers to be his second at ringside. Initially, Hero rejects the offer, but Lister brings up the case of Robert Howard, who walks into the scene looking battered and bruised. As it is revealed, Marat Khoklov attacked him backstage as soon as Signe Lythjohan announced the triple threat match, forcing the smaller Matravers to compete against the other two bruisers and preventing Howard from even being there at ringside for him. The revelation is enough to convince Captain Hero II to accept the help and he walks to the curtain with a renewed sense of purpose.

sma3Die.jpg

bGfQcLk.jpg25UZG0h.pngPQHhWV6.jpgwh8WdOUv.jpg
"The Bratva Bruiser" Dovydas Vidmar vs Captain Hero II (with Christopher Lister)

In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Captain Hero II defeated Dovydas Vidmar in 14:07 by pinfall with a Hero Attack.

At6zmyr.jpg

Show Rating:
At6zmyr.jpg
  • Like 3

9c5DDhn.jpg
NGW Proving Ground (Weekly TV show)
Held on Wednesday, Week 2 of November 2013
Venue: Le Hangar a Bateaux,France, Europe
Attendance: 3.433, Ratings:
0.69 (519.320 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

sbFUnpv.jpgDlqpgvn.jpgIjXtyuX.jpgIDTFoKl.jpg

Speaking for the rest of the Outcasts standing behind her, Viper McKenna opens the show with a scathing promo on Wade Orson, who she calls "a sellout" since he started with the Outcasts as an underutilized talent only to evolve now into management's golden boy. That is why Bantom and Mallory attacked during last week's main event and they are once again ready and willing to face the two "favourites" right here, right now!

IqChfad.jpg

O9Pae5I.jpgWUS40Jt.jpg25UZG0h.pngIjXtyuX.jpgIDTFoKl.jpgwsbFUnpv.jpg
Konrad Mäkinen & Wade Orson vs The Young Guns (with Viper McKenna)

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Young Guns defeated Konrad Mäkinen and Wade Orson in 10:22 when Badass Bantom defeated Wade Orson by pinfall with a Smoking Guns after Viper McKenna interfered.

rCrbMWQ.jpg

NNIIGh4.jpgPOESOXu.jpg72KyRpj.jpg

Backstage, Andryi Boronin and Zofia Jankovic seem to have attacked "The Fresh Prince of Belarus" Sergei Kalashnov, leaving him down and out.

M4SOg7D.jpg

VqnREXC.jpg

John Silver takes to the ring next and announces that he has come up with a solution to determine the #1 contender to Sebastian Koller's NGW Cruiserweight title, a round robin tournament that begins tonight. However, given Kalashnov's condition, it will not be including Kalashnov as he's unable to compete.

rCrbMWQ.jpg

VqnREXC.jpg25UZG0h.pngcTU1ZCQ.jpg
John Silver vs Roy Edison

In a decent match, John Silver defeated Roy Edison in 10:39 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.

pyf9Pt4.jpg

POESOXu.jpg

Zofia Jankovic cuts a promo next, saying Kalashnov "has been taken care of" and Anna Twirl is next.

7nXiDsK.jpg

iyN2viL.jpg25UZG0h.pngN1zhldv.jpg
Leon Harrison vs Shiro Akuma

In a decent match, Shiro Akuma defeated Leon Harrison in 10:45 by pinfall with an Akuma Cradle.

pyf9Pt4.jpg

Show Rating:
IqChfad.jpg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
"The Bratva Bruiser" Dovydas Vidmar vs Captain Hero II (with Christopher Lister)

In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Captain Hero II defeated Dovydas Vidmar in 14:07 by pinfall with a Hero Attack.

At6zmyr.jpg

YES!!!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
wuo51A1.jpg12XzW2n.jpgkWqP7Sm.jpgo21XngA.jpgSoeMY3z.jpg

The Army of Lovers take turns on the mic to brag about themselves and generally be an obnoxious group of good looking airheads, when Edward Cornell interrupts them. At first, Cornell mocks the group for its initial, short-lived inception in the past, but it backfires once he talks about Champagne Lover losing the NGW Heavyweight title; the Mexican gets on the mic to cut him off and criticize Cornell's shady title defenses, before asking him how that "Real Deal thing" has been working for him lately. With fans cheering and nothing good to respond, Cornell storms off looking angry.

IqChfad.jpg

I love to hate Champagne Lover but this made me happy.

KgdqMk2.jpgyNQekBM.jpgNVsHmIw.jpgi3AqEI6.jpg

Female League of Heroes? Hmmmm.....

PQHhWV6.jpgh8WdOUv.jpgLFcPDbz.jpgTgQORsF.jpg

Backstage, Captain Hero II is preparing for his match against Dovydas Vidmar, which was arranged a week ago, when Lister walks up to him and offers to be his second at ringside. Initially, Hero rejects the offer, but Lister brings up the case of Robert Howard, who walks into the scene looking battered and bruised. As it is revealed, Marat Khoklov attacked him backstage as soon as Signe Lythjohan announced the triple threat match, forcing the smaller Matravers to compete against the other two bruisers and preventing Howard from even being there at ringside for him. The revelation is enough to convince Captain Hero II to accept the help and he walks to the curtain with a renewed sense of purpose.

sma3Die.jpg

At6zmyr.jpg

I like everything about this, especially Eyeless Vidmar losing.

O9Pae5I.jpgWUS40Jt.jpg25UZG0h.pngIjXtyuX.jpgIDTFoKl.jpgwsbFUnpv.jpg
Konrad Mäkinen & Wade Orson vs The Young Guns (with Viper McKenna)

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Young Guns defeated Konrad Mäkinen and Wade Orson in 10:22 when Badass Bantom defeated Wade Orson by pinfall with a Smoking Guns after Viper McKenna interfered.

rCrbMWQ.jpg

I like the Viper heel-stable-mother vibe.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EricMN said:

I love to hate Champagne Lover but this made me happy.

His brilliance on the mic deserves some good content to showcase it.

48 minutes ago, EricMN said:

Female League of Heroes? Hmmmm....

More like "females for the defence of women's wrestling" against gimmickry and objectification. Figured it's right up your alley.

49 minutes ago, EricMN said:

I like the Viper heel-stable-mother vibe.

She's the best talker in that group and if she's splitting her time between wrestler and manager, might as well use those mic skills to be more than just a pretty face around.

• Like 2