CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty Signs Up for Something

Hi,

It's been a long time since I have done a challenge and I decided that I needed to come back.  Since the start of summer my diet and exercise have been terrible and I needed something to inspire me to get moving.  Besides setting up this challenge, I just got done registering for my first ever GoRuck Light event.  I have a little over a year to train, and now that I have committed myself - I am excited and nervous.  In order to prepare myself here are my goals for this months challenge.

Lift - I am going to do a total reset on my Stronglifts program and work on making it a more regular part of my routine.  I will lift 3 times per week.

Eat Right  - I will track my meals and stay within my designated calorie goals.  I must do this daily.

No Junk - I will not eat any fastfood for the duration of this challenge.

Good luck to everyone on their challenges!

• Like 5

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

Recap for Monday Sept. 9

Lift: My planned lift days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  So no lifting Monday.

Eat Right: I stayed at my calorie goal for the day. 

No Junk: I didn't stop for fast food either, which made staying on track calorie wise that much easier.

I was pleased with my success on day 1.  Time to tackle day 2.

• Like 1

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

1 hour ago, doctorake said:

Following along.

If you have any GORUCK questions I can answer them, I have done a few ;)

Thank you.

Besides rucking, do you have any other training recommendations to prepare for a Light?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty said:

Thank you.

Besides rucking, do you have any other training recommendations to prepare for a Light?

Ruck to get better at rucking, do push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks as practice. Do some overhead ruck press so that you understand how difficult it is to manage your ruck overhead and get used to it.

Make sure you can jog a little bit, a few of them we did some short relay races(fun stuff).

And always remember to have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OCEAN RANGER

Current Challenge

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

tenor.gif

How are things going, CJ??

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan