TiffanyD Steps Back In Line, And Towards The Galapagos

.TIFF

Well I looked at myself in the mirror last night and knew I needed to get serious....  So I am back here, in what is GOING to be a new mindset change and a path to the best me possible which has always been my life goal.

Life threw an additional curve ball at me that included a layoff of my whole team at work, at first I decided ok, I will take the time to get stuff done around the house, get in shape and get my NASM certification done.  While I did get some good projects/progress made on the house and the dogs have been happy, and I did start out strong studying for my cert I haven't really done much in the way of my body changes....  That then lead me to the "no one is going to want a trainer that looks like me, even though I am a badass that could deadlift 315lbs at one point and got second place overall at her first strongman comp".  And the studying has tapered dramatically for the past couple weeks.  I need to be focused, I need some accountability, and I need to get my ass ready for my travel group trip to the Galapagos at the end of next month.  So here I am, in all my disheveled glory, trying to get my shit together so this next year doesn't own me as much as this past one has.  One awesome thing that did come out of all of the crap was that I am officially a Mrs. now :) I got to marry my best friend last month at the courthouse.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116dfa8440bf1a5ff74c

My Big 3 Goals:

Cardio - Walk 3-4 miles per day (I do about 1.2 miles in the morning with the pup, and another longer walk/jog on my own in the afternoon or evenings)

2 workouts a week, working up to 4 by the end of the month - This is a start at getting back to the gym regularly again, 2 should be easy for me which will motivate me to at least keep that up and do better.

Don't eat like a dick, take pictures of it all for tracking - I have been using Mealime since late last week and have liked it a lot so far, the recipes I picked are all low carb, and I add as needed.  If this doesn't help after about 2 weeks then I will try for something more calorie counting based, I just hate that with the fire of 1000 suns.

My Personal Dev Goal:

Finish all my Certification reading and take the practice tests at least once before I leave for my trip.

OK, I officially need my coffee now.  I will be updating daily, no excuse....

• Like 4

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)

Today is off to a good start, have a possible phone interview, already went for a walk with the pup, and have my day's meals planned out (coffee currently in hand).  Took measurements, was not excited but we have to be crappy at something in order to get better at it.

Starting weight is 191.2

Breakfast was coffee

Lunch was 2 skinless chicken thighs, rice, and sauteed summer squash/zucchini 

One pumpkin cheesecake cookie was eaten and enjoyed

---Planned for the rest of the day---

Dinner will be pork tenderloin chops with tomato cucumber salad and dill yogurt dressing

Pre bed I will have a protein shake for my chocolate fix/snack fix

Battle Log

Instagram

Yesterday I hit 11.1k steps/4.52 miles, and approx 2,630 calories burned with 82 active minutes.  This is A, pretty awesome and B somewhat an indication my goals need some possible changes.  That 80 min is my daily goal which is a lot on it's own, and really my focus since walking/hiking/swimming will be our main activities.  I think instead of trying to also incorporate a full weight training regime my workouts will be body weight circuits I can do in 15/20 min so that I am not crashing, and will be full body twice a week to start.

I am going to start with this for 3-4 circuits:

Bodyweight squats – 8-10 reps

Push-ups (or knee-push ups) – 5-8 reps

Plank – hold for 25 seconds

Jumping Jacks – 15 reps

Bodyweight Reverse Lunges – 6 reps per leg 

Lying Hip Raise (double or single leg) – 10 reps

Today I had firehouse for lunch, didn't eat the chips and got a medium sandwich on whole wheat (690 calories according to the website), I did drink about 8 oz of root beer because that is my jam. 

Dinner is pan fried chicken breast with sauteed snap peas and a baked sweet potato

Pre bed will be a shake if I get a snack attack

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram

Yesterday wrap up - 12k steps, 5 .04 miles, 2745 calories burned, 87 active min.  Dinner went as planned but there was a bit of extra snacking beforehand because I was starving.

Slightly up in weight this morning, was 190.6 yesterday, back to 191.4 today but I was drinking a ton of water before bed so it's not worrying.

Today, no AM walk but did my circuit 3 times and took my long walk.  I have eaten very little so far, 2 sliced of bacon and a lot of coffee, not great.  Dinner is beef and broccoli with red onion and brown rice which I am working on currently.  Shin splints are showing themselves but that is because I suck at jogging/running so I have been icing them and just walked today instead of trying to jog a bit.

Got my travel insurance today for my trip, and got everything set for my vaccinations which happen next week.  Getting excited :) 

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram

This weekend was a bit too chill, but the Mr. will be out of town for a few days for work over this weekend so we went out and enjoyed vegging out together.  Really my downfall was adult beverages, so I am going to try my best to stay away from them for a bit.

Last week I had 251 active minuets over the previous week for a total of about 300 with about 48.4k steps total.  A huge improvement overall to my activity level.  Even the Mr. noticed I have been pretty consistent with exercising.

200w.webp?cid=790b76112185e555057dfa6ae9

Weekly Stats - Week 1:

Mile Goal Hit

Mon [x]  Tue [x]  Wed [0]  Thur [x]  Fri [ ]  Sat [ ]  Sun [ ]  

Workouts

1 [ ]  2 [ ] 

Tracked Food/Stayed in Calorie Goal

Mon [x]  Tue [x]  Wed [x]  Thur [x]  Fri [ ]  Sat [ ]  Sun [ ]  

Notes:

Monday - I ate too little, over compensated due to knowing we were having hot dogs for dinner so I skipped lunch, then forgot pre bed smoothie.  I did track in MFP.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram

Yesterday I got both walks in, ate properly, and started a 3D modeling tutorial up to try to get some new portfolio pieces because to get a lead job you have to be amazing... but then you end up checking and fixing everyone else's stuff and don't produce for three years... and then you need to be amazing again because you need a new job....  evil cycle.

Anyway, that may be my main focus instead of the PT stuff, while I hate modeling now it is the best way to a good income I have in my toolbox.

• Like 3

Battle Log

Instagram

Wednesday was a rest day that I didn't plan but did need.  Ended up taking a 4 hr nap, which I don't do naps really ever so my body was telling me something.  I also got a lot of training in/portfolio work, and while I went out for lunch I came home with half of it so my portion control was pretty spot on.

A bit disheartened today because I feel like I am making no progress on the scale, just found out I didn't get the job I applied for, frustrated with life...  Got out for my AM walk with Fish though, and I will be doing jogging/walking intervals this evening once it cools down a bit.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram

so much love for this and you ;-)

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Yesterday I clocked in almost 5 miles total.  Even got a bit of running in, and by bit I mean like 30 seconds, lol.  I jogged a decent amount as well but it felt more difficult than it has lately, limbs just felt heavy.  Today like every day after I jog/run during my walks my left knee is angry, and even my ankle is not happy so I will be icing it today and foam rolling my calves.

Making lamb tenderloin chops (I think, the ones that look like mini T-Bone steaks) with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted green beans tonight, super excited.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram

6 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Making lamb tenderloin chops (I think, the ones that look like mini T-Bone steaks) with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted green beans tonight, super excited.

Super jealous! I love lamb but the rest of the family can't stand it so I never get to cook it. Enjoy the heck out of it for me!

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

The Mr. kind of ruined my plan so I didn't have the lamb Friday, but I did make it for myself last night :D and I get the leftovers too!

Haven't been on top of my walks but I did get a decent amount of calories burned from cleaning out the closet in the front and organizing things yesterday.  I had to get up super early and get the Mr. to the airport for his work trip so that put me off kilter.  Ordered some wall hooks to finish up the closet and then I am moving on to another couple projects that have needed to get done for some time.  

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

So I decided to try out Keto again because that seems to be the only diet I can stick with for a decent amount of time that gives me good results...  Here is hoping.  I also found my new fav keto breakfast, full fat cottage cheese with tomato/cucumber/red onion salad and half an avocado.

Last week wasn't as good as it should have been, but I wasn't lazy too often.  Yesterday was so nice I even got some work done on the front porch, so while I didn't walk I didn't just sit and play video games which is a win overall.

Weekly Stats - Week 2:

Mile Goal Hit

Mon [ ]  Tue [ ]  Wed [ ]  Thur [ ]  Fri [ ]  Sat [ ]  Sun [ ]  

Workouts

1 [ ]  2 [ ] 

Tracked Food/Stayed in Calorie Goal

Mon [ ]  Tue [ ]  Wed [ ]  Thur [ ]  Fri [ ]  Sat [ ]  Sun [ ]  

• Like 4

Battle Log

Instagram

Just saying hi!

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)