The Return of the Grumble

Grumble

It's Grumble! Your guild leader, best friend, and your ... bearded veteran boy.

Image result for bearded veteran gif

(That's not me, though there is some beard and tattoo goals that are well represented)

I'm back! And better than Ever.

Image result for be amazing at everything gif

Ignore that. That's just Self Doubt. Mean little prick. I kicked it out one day, then left the door open and it slithered right back in.

Well, it's been a while, so lets see whats changed.

I'm no longer in the military.

I'm older.

I am working on a glorious beard (much to the chagrin of Mrs G).

I started a new job (They're putting me in charge of people).

I'm going back to school on the first day of this challenge.

Oh, and I'm no longer running (cause that's just for crazy people)

For those that have joined since I took my leave of absence or want to pretend they don't know me, here's a little bit about myself.

I joined in 2015, became an active member in April 2017, and took a break after completing the L.A. Marathon in April 2019.

By day, I am the Nerdguard (IT Director) for an ad broker. (the aforementioned new job)

By night, I am the Nerdfather to a budding nerdlet (even has her own d20 and red dragon minifig, like all good kids should)

I am a purveyor of lifting heavy things up and putting them down.

I am an occasional fan of HIIT, Crossfit, and functional fitness.

I am an eternal student, and tired of it.

I like to eat, and I loves me some coffee (shoutout to @Mike Wazowski, for sharing in being later summer/Autumn basic)

I was in the army for just under 11 years, and have been out less than a month.

My beard has been out since May, so it's coming along quite nicely.

GOALS

FITNESS

I'm not training for anything in particular right now, and i'm having fun doing a group class with Mrs Grumble, so my fitness goal is as follows

Tuesday: GroupX Bodypump: Not worried about getting every rep in (i read somewhere each bodypump class hits about 1000 reps a session), but making every rep have proper form and that I'm sore the next day. So that might mean adding weight or taking it off mid lifting segment.

Wednesday: Flexibility and Mobility*: I CAN drop it low, but I can't do it with a wider than standard squat stance, and frankly I don't do it enough, so I am dedicating a day to it. And I will be creating a sequence based off of Being a Supple Leopard, which I finally broke down and bought.

Thursday: Cardio*: I know, i said no more running. But sometimes thats the easiest thing to do. Right now, thats running from my house to my parents for our biweekly thursday dinner.

Friday: Powerlifting day: I still need one day of picking heavy things up and putting them down, so this will be my day. I still haven't settled on what I want to do, But it will probably be 2 or 3 lifts, plus a warm up and cool down.

*these two goals will flip flop between wed and thurs depending on the week.

FOOD

I'm not super concerned about eating this challenge, other than making sure Mrs G and I mealprep at least once a week. I'm currently holding still at about 256, and while dropping weight quickly is easy, i feel like holding a total of 15 lbs dropped (after my crazy 6 week 40 lb weight loss last may) is more sustainable while I continue to hone things over the long term

Brain

School is coming. I need to not fuck this up again. I am scheduling an hour every weekday to just school. No wife, no kid, no tv, no games. And 2 hours each weekend day that I am home. No exceptions

Suffering a little bit from imposter syndrome thanks that little fucker I mentioned earlier. To combat that, I am doing something I started in the military. It's called A Love Me book, and I will use it to track my accomplishment, and the little things that make me feel good about what I'm doing.

One more challenge. I have a coworker. He's impulsive, and reactive. If we were a raiding party, he'd be Leroy Jenkins. To combat that, I am going to work on my ability to heal the damage he's kited (dealing with angry users and keeping them from escalating) and tanking when he's critical (taking on the problem myself and resolving or deescalating the problem)

I'm not going to do a breakdown, but will instead have a narrative on each section, if not every day, at least a few times a week. 

That's it, all set, lets do this.

• Like 8

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

I'm back!

tenor.gif?itemid=5954739

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

tumblr_mdrpjfGMVc1rkmjg2o2_500.gif

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

2 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

DUUUUUUUUDE, WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!

It feels good to be back.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5954739

Ok You Know It GIF - Ok YouKnowIt GIFs

58 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

tumblr_mdrpjfGMVc1rkmjg2o2_500.gif

Very Exciting The Matrix GIF - VeryExciting TheMatrix Tank GIFs

28 minutes ago, Harriet said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761164cbbc01b4a904368d

Gold Member GIF - GoldMember AustinPowers Reaction GIFs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

eyyyyyooooooooooo

this is the shit I like.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:16 PM, Grumble said:

It's Grumble! Your guild leader dungeon master, best friend, and your ... bearded veteran boy

Yeah, I see what you did there ...

I'm no longer in the military.

Cool. I mean, like, weird, but cool, right? (ah, I remember my early days of veteranship and new civilianism... felt funny to walk past a flagpole without saluting)

giphy.gif

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

Yeah, I see what you did there ...

BRB, editing my post

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

Cool. I mean, like, weird, but cool, right? (ah, I remember my early days of veteranship and new civilianism... felt funny to walk past a flagpole without saluting)

A little weird. A little beard. It's not as bad as if I had been RA though.

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

giphy.gif

Mind Boggling Interesting GIF - MindBoggling Interesting Lively GIFs

(im still running a little bit)

• Like 1

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

On 9/9/2019 at 12:16 PM, Grumble said:

though there is some beard and tattoo goals that are well represented

Not to mention cool shades and a love for coffee... but you probably already have those, as well...

giphy.gif

I wouldn't know anything about that...

I am an eternal student, and tired of it.

Me too, and not quite yet.

Dude, your goals are fantastic. Simple, specific, and personal. I commend you! Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm trying to branch out and spend some time in other guilds, so I'm really glad I found yours. :P

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

15 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

Not to mention cool shades and a love for coffee... but you probably already have those, as well...

Those have been dialed in for years.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't know anything about that...

I'm not a runner, but I still spent 6 months not lifting and training for L.A. marathon, so it's still a very real point of contention for me.

Me too, and not quite yet.

But that spotify student discount though!

Dude, your goals are fantastic. Simple, specific, and personal. I commend you! Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm trying to branch out and spend some time in other guilds, so I'm really glad I found yours. :P

Sounds like you're on an adventure. 

>_>

Glad to have you here, I've wandered many of the guilds and keep coming back here. I just like lifting too much to have it take a back burner to any other fitness style in the long run.

• Like 1

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

23 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I always forget you're a millennial, since you have real adult responsibilities and I still get to live like a toddler with a bank account.

But way to get #lit regardless!

It's all about choices, TBF, I'm at the early end of the generation, so it's not unreasonable that you forgot.

I don't think I will ever be accused of getting #lit though.

I did not run yesterday, im mildly phlegmy and have a cough, and since I currently do not have insurance, or sick time, I would like to minimize the potential health damage I can do. So I will probably chill the rest of the week just to be on the safe side.

• Like 4

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

44 minutes ago, Grumble said:

It's all about choices, TBF, I'm at the early end of the generation, so it's not unreasonable that you forgot.

sub-buzz-24058-1533667289-1.jpg?downsize

• Haha 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath