• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jakkals

Jakkals, 2019, nommer 8

Goals

1. Go Zen, remove myself from the things that I can do absolutely nothing about.

2. Clean the place. We had our first rain for the season, a bit of spring cleaning will be a good thing.

3. Write things down. It is not that difficult.

4. Stop playing Freecell. Again.

5. Stop being lazy.

• Like 6

Yay for goal 1!

Also:

1 hour ago, Jakkals said:

5. Stop being lazy.

I find it easier to do when I make a list of the things I want to do and turn it the other way around: "do the things on my list". The list can be pretty long, full of 5 minutes things, or not, and it doesn't matter. As long as what was written on it is crossed, I can rest and call it being heroic. The risk is putting too many things on the list but if you make your list for several days/weeks, you can be content to cross 1-3 items every day and keep some perspective in the end to still accept that you have done well even though not everything has been done.

Go for it, stay alive, build yourself up one step at a time. You seem to be going through awful times and are still on your way, this is already a great accomplishment. Glad to see you keeping at it.

Donderdag, 12 September.

1. Zen: sorta worked until he was being stupid again.

2. Cleaning: not really, but I destroyed cobwebs that generations of spiders had grown up in, I feel like a heel.

3. Writing: Nope

4. Freecell: blocked. I also blocked Youtube. I have no idea what to replace it with.

5. Lazy: More lazy than not.

• Like 6

Yay for spiders relocation!

40 minutes ago, Jakkals said:

4. Freecell: blocked. I also blocked Youtube. I have no idea what to replace it with.

Reading? Or writing, perhaps? Walking/small workouts/yoga/taichi? Something you'd do for yourself would be good, any idea of what you really like (I know that's a tough question)?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jakkals said:

-podcasts and crafts?

- that cracked me up. i love how laconic you are! inspirational for this babble mouth challenge person over here.

• Like 1

Vrydag, 13 September

1. Zen: Sorta most of the day. Mumbling "Shut up shut up" while NF is talking probably is not a good new habit.

2. Clean: some work in the garden and sorting things out.

3. Write things down: Got a little notebook to carry with me. Still far from the goal.

4. No Freecell. Had a look at my blocked sites list, opened Quora and my brain stopped working until almost midnight. There is a reason I should never open Quora.

5. Lazy: 30% productive during the day? No idea. That is why I should write things down.

And while putting things away I noticed the edge trimmer is missing, as well as the cable, and also the bicycle. I know the back garage has been unlocked for a few days last week, so it was probably stolen then. I dare not tell the old people, they will go insane. I am so tired a of lying just to preserve the peace.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 12:53 PM, Jakkals said:

Hi Jakkals!

I am wondering how you define lazy? You went near spiders! That is horribly draining! It would have taken me all day to recover too! I know it is your challenge and your choice of words but I wonder how you would feel about maybe using a more positive word, like just using 'productivity' or 'productive level'. We are not truly lazy, just unmotivated :) . Also, the next day you did gardening! Gardening takes so much effort! That is definitely not lazy! 

• Like 1