• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionary

Legionary gives his bad habits a smack

Gonna spend another month with y'all building on the foundations of last month. My work hours have stabilized for the most part so itll be a little easier (I hope). 

Good things I need to continue: drinking water isn't as much a problem so keeping that up will help. I workout fewer days a week now but they feel more productive (I lift noticeably higher volumes) so I'm going to try to keep that system up until I plateau again. 

Things that need work: I still eat small meals and sometimes skip meals altogether. I need to work up to higher calorie goals and hitting my macros. I'm going to keep tracking macros but overall calories I'll estimate for now (tracking every single thing got too much). 

I'll be back with more specific goals soon. 

• Like 3

Cat Sup GIF - Cat Sup Yo GIFs

Missed your first foray into the warriors, but glancing through last challenge it looks like you're making good progress.

Have you put thought into WHY you're skipping meals?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grumble said:

Cat Sup GIF - Cat Sup Yo GIFsHave you put thought into WHY you're skipping meals?

I'm painfully aware of why. It's a combination of laziness, fatigue and poor mental states that makes the act of cooking a major chore (normally I really enjoy it, but...) I can see these factors easily but making lasting changes takes time. That's part of why going to work on prep/batch cooking this challenge. Can't be too lazy/tired/down to microwave something (I hope)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legionary said:

I'm painfully aware of why. It's a combination of laziness, fatigue and poor mental states that makes the act of cooking a major chore (normally I really enjoy it, but...) I can see these factors easily but making lasting changes takes time. That's part of why going to work on prep/batch cooking this challenge. Can't be too lazy/tired/down to microwave something (I hope)

I'm throwing in a vote for Lasagne. One of the few meals that's better the next day. And it's not shy of calories. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'm throwing in a vote for Lasagne. One of the few meals that's better the next day.

I used to work at an Italian Italian restaurant that would make their lasagna the day before than reheat it because it stayed together better. Fresh lasagna is too soupy. Personally I'm a big baked ziti fan,basically a lazier version :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Legionary said:

I used to work at an Italian Italian restaurant that would make their lasagna the day before than reheat it because it stayed together better. Fresh lasagna is too soupy. Personally I'm a big baked ziti fan,basically a lazier version :)

Caseroles as a rule are lazy cooking and they often are both great for meal prepping and increased caloric density.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Legionary said:

Brilliant plan. I also struggle with periods of "I like to cook but right now I just *can't* because bleeeehhhhhh... having something that I can just reheat usually works even in the worst of those cases.

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

Caseroles as a rule are lazy cooking and they often are both great for meal prepping and increased caloric density.

^Truth^ - my most successful meal prepping usually involves making two big casseroles on a weekend afternoon and freezing one for a few weeks hence.  Family favorites include bacon cheeseburger casserole and paleo shepherd's pie in addition to lasagna/ziti/chicken parmigiana variations.

• Like 2

Thanks for the and suggestions everyone. I'm open to any recipes people will give me. 

This challenge is going to be more experimental that I first expected because I need to dial in how much food to make each week for the wife and I. Step one is try making something large and see how long it can last. Maybe a casserole. Maybe a pot of barbacoa. Not sure yet. 

On the fitness front. I am trialing karate dojos looking for one that works. I know it's not the best exercise for mass gain but it's my passion so deal with it.  I'm also still lifting and doing sprints with the dog. 

12 hours ago, Legionary said:

Thanks for the and suggestions everyone. I'm open to any recipes people will give me. 

This challenge is going to be more experimental that I first expected because I need to dial in how much food to make each week for the wife and I. Step one is try making something large and see how long it can last. Maybe a casserole. Maybe a pot of barbacoa. Not sure yet. 

On the fitness front. I am trialing karate dojos looking for one that works. I know it's not the best exercise for mass gain but it's my passion so deal with it.  I'm also still lifting and doing sprints with the dog. 

Sounds like you have a quantifiable goal there. Tracking how much food you make, vs how much you eat, vs how much you should eat. Don't beat yourself up over numbers, make this analytical only. Keep a log, a tally, hash marks on your wife, whatever works.p00p25f6.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 9:13 PM, Legionary said:

Try poking around the "shit warriors eat" thread for ideas :) 

Happy to have you back with us again.

• Like 1

20190914_033424.thumb.jpg.68b019626efbdecb77466f6f52121e70.jpg

my first batch cooking adventure. 3 different types of pierogies. Meat, potatoes and cheese

And mushroom/kale/bacon. One batch made 16 (I ate 3) and I had lots of leftover fillings (see below). Next time I'll probably double the dough recipe and have even more to freeze. 

20190914_033420.thumb.jpg.cce843539f3544db1e020c8f58156842.jpg

I mixed the leftover fillings together (potatoes on bottom) as a post workout meal and it was great, although I dont really have a pallet for fine dining so... 

On the training front. I have been working on regaining leg strength after injuring my knee months ago. It's coming along but I've noticed a consistent weakness in my hamstrings and my lower back takes some of the work that it shouldn't. I've been working postural exercises, hamstring, and lower leg exercises more to try to balance these issues out. Well see how those go. 

Until next time keep working hard everyone. 

• Like 1

Check in/baseline 

Weight:163-165 depending on hydration. 

Bodyfat from taping: ~11% 

Average daily calories: 2500- 2700 as long as I get enough protein this range has worked for me so far. 

My lifts are pretty average so far and I haven't noticed too much difference at my higher weight, but I dont get as many headaches and my stamina is much better than my 155-158 starting weight.