• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM settles down

giphy.gif

I'm trying! Last year I got married, this year we bought a house - so yeah american dream blah blah. I stopped dieting and let myself gain all the weight I ever lost back. I think my body is where it wants to be now and i'm trying to accept that. in between marriage and the house, my dad became paralyzed and I added a bunch more responsibilities to my plate. obviously many more thoughts and feelings about all of that but the nerdfitness-y part is that I lost the habit of working out every morning and doing yoga in the evening. i liked it and still do and it's good for my mental health so i'd like to get back to that.

giphy.gif

so yeah, i moved and i thought my old gym would be close enough, but it's not (I run into early workday traffic). the first step is going to be choosing a new gym. the goal for the next five weeks is to try TWO gyms nearby on their free day pass.

ClutteredCornyAssassinbug-size_restricte

(apparently I'm ready for SNL to be back but also for it to be good again)

don't worry that won't be my only goal. let's go for one morning workout per week (run or bw circuit if I'm not at a new gym yet) and one after-work yoga session per week. i used to do these daily but i realize i'm not that person anymore and need to start fresh and don't get mad at myself when i can't complete what i used to. at least 2 nights/week i'm visiting my dad so technically i should be able to get in 3 after-work yoga sessions per week ... someday. let's start with one.

the rest of the goals are carry overs. sleep is paramount so if i want to get morning workouts in, i need to prioritize an early bedtime.

goals:

• try two new gyms
  • 1 morning workout/week
  • 1 evening yoga/week
  • sleep: TV off by 8pm for Mon-Thurs. Fri -Sun in bed by midnight. get an average of 7h30m
  • eat vegetables, 3 per weekend
  • liquidate dad’s 401K
  • unpack some boxes
  • sell or donate some clothes

giphy.gif

• Like 7

yay!!! back to workouts and yoga. You got this <3 

I totally feel you on this. You have had A LOT happening and it's perfectly ok to realize you aren't (and may not ever be) in the same position you were a few years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I stopped dieting and let myself gain all the weight I ever lost back. I think my body is where it wants to be now and i'm trying to accept that.

Me too. Here's to being good the way we are now. Even if we don't feel it 100% in our marrow all the time.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e35d40aed43c1d4085

You deserve gym, workouts and yoga for all sorts of non-weight reasons, so I'm glad this is in your quest. I also hope the medicaid people pan out and are super helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Harriet said:

You deserve gym, workouts and yoga for all sorts of non-weight reasons, so I'm glad this is in your quest.

SECONDING THIS STRONGLY.

Hope you find a good match with one of the places closer to your new home. :)

• Thanks 1

Best of luck on the gym search! Always annoying to shop around, but glad you were able to articulate why your current sitch wasn't working.

Also, serious congrats for keeping yourself sane with everything you've had going on the past month or so. You deserve a nice chill month and I hope you get it!

• Thanks 1

some updates for zeroooooo week

Week 0 – Monday

I slept in Sunday night/Monday morning after the no sleep extravaganza of the previous week. starting fresh with 7h55m. I communicated with my Dad’s 401K plan who said they needed a letter from his previous employer. I emailed them and got the letter the same morning. moving along!

I got a massage and she focused on my legs which always need it. she also loosened up (or whatever you call it) the tendons around my right knee cap which is the one that hurts sporadically.

Week 0 – Tuesday

Woke up later than I wanted to but still got a morning workout in! bw circuit of squats, bird-dogs, and this ab thing. with a bit of stretching mixed in.

The meeting with my colleague was only from 3-5 and I had assumed it was going later so I had unexpected time at home to do some PM yoga.

Week 0 – Wednesday

Yesterday morning we did a run in the park which I forgot is a bit hard on my body earlier in the week. still got in 1.58 miles which was more than last week at 1.4 miles. the park doesn’t have good lighting inside it so as the mornings stay darker later, we’re running around it until it’s light enough. still not a bad route through the neighborhood.

Busy day at work yesterday and traffic has been awful this week. I’m used to 15-20 minute commutes and now having to get used to highway traffic and 35-45 minute commutes. Ugh. oh! and i UNPACKED A BOX LAST NIGHT

Slept in last night for a full 8h21m! current avg of 7h47m. hey this zero week is going better than my last week 5. must be that new challenge smell.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:34 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

at least 2 nights/week i'm visiting my dad so technically i should be able to get in 3 after-work yoga sessions per week ... someday. let's start with one.

Starting with one sounds nice and sensible and realistic - no shoulding on yourself!

Yay for sleeps!

I have a 45-55 minute commute, and cannot praise the glory of podcasts and audiobooks highly enough. It is brutal to get used to at first, though.

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

oh! and i UNPACKED A BOX LAST NIGHT

tenor.gif?itemid=7227018

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nerds!! :wub:

tenor.gif

it's insanely wonderful to have such supportive people at my fingertips so thank you.

grumble, don't make that dirty. i know the sentence looks dirty. BUT ITS NOT :lol:

I. Would. Never.

Nervous Guilty GIF - Nervous Guilty Trident GIFs

Good to know you missed me. :D

Your current sleep is excellent. Sounds like last week was a travesty and it's eerily similar to my last couple of weeks.

Busy day at work yesterday and traffic has been awful this week. I’m used to 15-20 minute commutes and now having to get used to highway traffic and 35-45 minute commutes. Ugh.

Podcasts and audiobooks my dude. Lifesaver when I was commuting that far.

oh! and i UNPACKED A BOX LAST NIGHT

I don't think we can overstate this level of accomplishment. I am working on year 6 in my house and still have unpacked boxes.

49 minutes ago, Gemma said:

I have a 45-55 minute commute, and cannot praise the glory of podcasts and audiobooks highly enough. It is brutal to get used to at first, though.

20 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Podcasts and audiobooks my dude. Lifesaver when I was commuting that far.

oh yeah absolutely! you know me and audiobooks. i just finished the second in the Daevabad Trilogy and rerrrrrrmuhgahd i loved it. the narrator was bomb.com as well. now i'm working on a stupid free audible book called Junk but should really be trying to finish my 2019 read harder challenge.

Your current sleep is excellent. Sounds like last week was a travesty and it's eerily similar to my last couple of weeks.

yes. yes it was. hope you're catching up on sleep this week too!

I don't think we can overstate this level of accomplishment. I am working on year 6 in my house and still have unpacked boxes.

it's such an annoying thing. like, no, i don't NEED all these books daily but i'm not getting rid of them either. i was able to pick out two from the box yesterday that I'll donate.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

oh yeah absolutely! you know me and audiobooks. i just finished the second in the Daevabad Trilogy and rerrrrrrmuhgahd i loved it. the narrator was bomb.com as well.

Aaaaahhhh good to know, I just got the audio of Kingdom of Copper from my library hold and started it this morning.
 <squeeee>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

Aaaaahhhh good to know, I just got the audio of Kingdom of Copper from my library hold and started it this morning.
 <squeeee>

I'd love to hear what you think! i finally went to the author's website and hadn't even realized she's a woman. now i can't wait for the 3rd coming out next year :D :D 

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

grumble, don't make that dirty. i know the sentence looks dirty. BUT ITS NOT :lol:

By saying that YOU made it dirty :P :lol:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

By saying that YOU made it dirty :P :lol:

32 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hahaha oh i know - i couldn't NOT call myself out on it! and grumble was the perfect scapegoat.

To be perfectly honest...

She's not wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hahaha oh i know - i couldn't NOT call myself out on it! and grumble was the perfect scapegoat.

Is he a scapegoat if it's 100% accurate?

...just sayin' :P and of course, meant with love, Grumble!

13 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Isn't that like sentencing someone before they committed the crime?

Though in this case it probably is indeed accurate. :P 

49 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

...just sayin' :P and of course, meant with love, Grumble!

34 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Isn't that like sentencing someone before they committed the crime?

Though in this case it probably is indeed accurate. :P 

Yea, yea. I missed you guys too.

• Like 1

Grumble, we appreciate you being able to take the heat! you know we love and miss you.

Week 0 – Thursday

yesterday morning was the aforementioned lie-in! good thing too but i got just under 7hrs last night.

visited my dad after work and then went home to cook dinner. i put a bunch of leftovers together and added fresh diced tomatoes *shrug*

i'm trying to pick up my pace on the 2019 read harder challenge cuz it's september and i have 7 books left. i was able to put one i'm currently reading under two categories and switched out another for a shorter book with an audio option! right now reading Telesa: The Covenant Keeper which is not great but made me google search Samoan mythology and Nafanua... and that was worth it.

nafanua-707x1000.jpg 

• Like 2

Grumble, we appreciate you being able to take the heat! you know we love and miss you.

It's why I live in So Cal.

i'm trying to pick up my pace on the 2019 read harder challenge cuz it's september and i have 7 books left. i was able to put one i'm currently reading under two categories and switched out another for a shorter book with an audio option! right now reading Telesa: The Covenant Keeper which is not great but made me google search Samoan mythology and Nafanua... and that was worth it.

Nafanua is a legit badass. I'd much have preferred her to the nonsensical, albeit enjoyable, Moana.

• Like 2