• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie Does Things

Re:Food

Join J3NN in her 15 days of alternating low carb in hopes this will help keep my weight at bay

~ 4 days low carb / week (aim for Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri)

~ Drink 2.5L water

Re:Exercise - Mumble (Make up my best lifes exercise)

Figure out exercise stuff and things so I don't lose my riding stamina and fitness too badly while I can't ride Daisy

~ 2 Mumbles / week

~ 2 walks / week (or other stamina work)

Mumble focus areas:

- Weak core

- Weak stamina and endurance

- tight shoulders / rounded shoulders

- left foot starting to be angry about me always sitting on it for 29 years of my life.

Re: Life

~ Save money

• Only 1 Starbucks a week
  • Only 1 eat out for lunch during work week
  • Only 2 eat out dinner during week (aim for 1 but have a buffer 1 as well)

~ Repetitive TODOs

• Floss teeth daily
  • Do outside work once / week (weeding, mowing, gardening, organizing garage, cleaning car, etc)
  • Do inside work twice / week (mopping, sweeping, organizing, etc).

~ TODOs to completion

• Finish grey horse painting by Oct 31 
  • Research Daisy food & supplements for healthy hoof
  • Get Daisy food & supplements
  • Get x-rays of Daisys feet and talk to vet [2019-09-11]
  • Go to work conference thing which is stepping outside comfort zone and have fun with it. (Don't sweat the small stuff)
  • Paint Captain Jack the Cat [Oct or December]
  • Paint yellow lab [Feb] 
  • Hang shark painting with BF

Grey horse progress:

Spoiler

20190909_210204.thumb.jpg.880cf134eeeee278189e73fe43890833.jpg

• Like 6

WEEK 0              
Dailies Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
- Drink 2L water              
- Floss at least once              
- Mumble exercise x2              
- Walk x2              
- Do 4x Low Carb days Low Low Normal Low Low Normal Normal
Weeklies (Life)              
- Do Outside Work (mow lawn, garden)              
- Do Inside Work (sweep, mop, etc) x2              
Weeklies (Budget)              
- 1 Starbucks              
- 1 eat out for lunch Mon-Thurs              
- 2 eat out dinner Mon-Sun              
Other Progress              
- Paint Grey Horse (due Oct 31)              
- Paint Cptn Jack Cat (due Oct or Dec)              
- Paint Lab (due Feb)              
- Buy Daisy new food + supplement              
- Get Daisys feet x-rayed              
- Go to work conference              
- Hang shark painting            

I think I am pretty happy with this being my goals for this challenge. I know I can do it if I push myself a little bit. I get a free pass for my budget stuff Thurs - Sat this day because all my food and drink is covered by work.

Tomorrow Daisy has her feet x-ray at 10:30am. I hope it is a waste of money and the vet says nothing is wrong with her. That would be the bestest waste of money ever. I think her feet are suffering because different factors of her environment are working against her. Nutrition for horses is so important. From my research... if they get too much iron and manganese it can work against the absorption of copper and zinc. Which they need to grow a healthy and strong foot.

20190905_190633.thumb.jpg.3c57c1f307c8bf07139d6da2878f1768.jpg

The patient with her new friends lol I am not sure if it is just because her foot hurts her but she is being very nice to them. And I think it is hilarious that she is living with them right now because they are soooo tiny

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Waanie said:

Following :).

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again.

Glad to have you guys! :D 

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I love this acronym

Me too! I think it will need to be a thing from now on lol J3NN is so clever.

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That painting is lovely!

Thank you! I really enjoy how it's turning out. I won't get to work on it until Saturday night or Sunday though -cries- lol silly conference. ... UNLESS... I bring it :O I probably wont lol

• Like 5

Okay! Vet appointment done. All in all it confirmed the best case scenario (yayyy). She will need to wear shoes for the rest of her life because without them her feet flatten like pancakes and her soles end up on the ground and become thin and ouchy. The shoe kind of restricts her foot from doing that and keeps her sole off of the ground. So more expensive than a barefoot horse BUT I kind of expected she needed shoes anyways.

• Like 7

All packed for the conference and getting ready for my coworker to pick me up on 30 minutes. 

I got new Merrell shoes yesterday that feel pretty much the same as my old merrells. So I'm hoping that will help with my foot pain. I think my feet are on strike from flip flops

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Waanie said:

Good job on not dying!

Thank you! They keep being like "see? You could come to more  shows now! Didn't you love it???" 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rookie said:

Thank you! They keep being like "see? You could come to more  shows now! Didn't you love it???" 

LOL. I can imagine them dragging you to all these places and saying "Look, we have female developers! Isn't it great? We're a very inclusive company, you should buy our software.". Maybe they will even let you talk to potential costumers? You should argue that your wage needs to be higher if you get these additional responsibilities. Either you get a raise, or they don't bother asking again ;).

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Waanie said:

LOL. I can imagine them dragging you to all these places and saying "Look, we have female developers! Isn't it great? We're a very inclusive company, you should buy our software.". Maybe they will even let you talk to potential costumers? You should argue that your wage needs to be higher if you get these additional responsibilities. Either you get a raise, or they don't bother asking again ;).

Bahaha Well I did have to talk to potential customers :P I would rather they preferred I didn't. But my boss boss was glowing and bragging about how well I did at the show and he keeps telling me "Great job kid! You did really really good!" And hes joking around "So can I schedule you in for the next one? hahahaha". Hes a great boss and this company is really great even if they got me go to the show lol I would never say no to a raise though :P 

So I didn't die and I talked to people and it more or less got to the point where I was so bored out of my mind that I would rather talk to people lol Though I do not like talking to strangers still  especially when I do not know what their expectations are and I am not a sales person.... and I am happy to be back at my desk. My boss (different from boss boss) said to work from home Thursday (or not work if I don't want to) to help make up for me working on the Saturday. And I have Friday off yay <3 

Conference eating was insane lol. Friday we had a latte for breakfast then a sandwich for lunch then a giant dinner. Thurs I had a huge lunch (endless shrimp lol) and huge dinner, Fri just a latte for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, some doritos for a snack and huge dinner... Saturday huge breakfast, sandwich for lunch, doritos for snack and huge dinner. My stomach doesn't know what is what now though I thought it would be wanting all the food from the giant dinners and its actually getting full fast. So thats good I guess. 

• Like 4

SUMMARY of WEEK 0              
- Drink 2L water              
- Floss at least once              
Weeklies (Life)              
- Mumble exercise x2              
- Walk x2              
swept + cut dog nails
Weeklies (Budget)              
- 1 Starbucks              
Other Progress              
- Paint Lab (due Feb)              
- Buy Daisy new food + supplement              
- Get Daisys feet x-rayed              
- Go to work conference              
- Hang shark painting              

I did a lot of walking Wed - Sat in preparation of the conference and the conference itself.
It feels like I have spent a lot of money this visa cycle :( (x-rays, clothes + shoes for conference, groceries, etc) so this visa bill will not be fun to pay. But such is life. At least I get some money when I finish the painting.

I made some good progress on my grey horse painting. It is almost done.

Spoiler

70716122_946671262363132_5486008379115569152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQnbSMMP667moQzyaaN9syyHVl2dOndax_Oi8Nx--Y6_9zRrNMXZ5eueM0gHDLJJoro&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&oh=03616a785510966ddf0e7cac3d3fabeb&oe=5E0BA985

Ready to hop into week 1. I came up with some low carb options and I will hopefully get them made and follow through. One was a pumpkin pasta sauce thing which seems interesting and I will have it over zoodles with some chicken. Last night I was going to make a frittata, cook my breakfast sausages and make something for lunches... I did not so I ended up skipping breakfast and for lunch I made tuna salad (tuna + mayo) and I will have that with cucumbers. 

• Like 5

It IS lovely!

If they compensate you by days off for going to a conference (and they pay for all that food?) I wouldn't mind going a couple more times :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

It IS lovely!

If they compensate you by days off for going to a conference (and they pay for all that food?) I wouldn't mind going a couple more times :D

Eeeee lol 

But soooo boring :( So soooo boring lol but the food was soo soo good. I am conflicted haha and boss boss who i went to the conference with and none of my coworkers know that boss told me i could have a sneaky thursday off. Meaning if I get a support message I have to do it :P 

21 hours ago, Tateman said:

OMG such tiny horses! :)

The little brown one is saucy! lol She kept trying to show my big girl who's boss...  (Daisy is one of the alpha mares in a herd of 40 horses)  Apparently Daisy got too close to her while eating and the little one swung her butt around (sign of disrespect/challenge "im going to kick you") and Daisy made her angry face and the little one marched over and stomped on daisys hoof hahaha

On 9/16/2019 at 6:06 PM, Whisper said:

Grey horse is beautiful.

<3 thank you! Have you made any more progress on your turtle? I feel I have been MIA.

• Like 5

WEEK 1              
- Drink 2L water              
- Floss at least once              
Weeklies (Life)              
- Mumble exercise x2              
- Walk x2              
Weeklies (Budget)              
- 1 Starbucks              
Other Progress              
- Paint Lab (due Feb)              
- Hang shark painting              

So far so good. 

Grey horse is 98% done. I just want to adjust the leather nose piece a bit.

Spoiler

20190917_220950.thumb.jpg.3ab71864c4b7811fade6df3f85c335be.jpg

So next up is Cat Jack Sparrow. And I have no clue what to do for that lol

Farrier comes Monday to put Daisys shoes on so hopefully that will make her comfortable. She looks sound right now, but I don't really want to push it. The vet said as soon as she is sound I can ride her and bring her back into work. But we will play it by Daisy.

Funnn family happenings. My sister in laws "sprinkle" (baby shower for second baby?) is planned for the Saturday of my birthday weekend in November. And it is a 3pm-7pm event. Boo. I plan on doing some awesome things during that weekend because it is my big 3-0 birthday. I didn't have anything planned yet though so I guess I will plan around their baby shower thing. I probably won't be going though. If it was any other weekend then yah I'd be there no problem. But it is what it is. She didn't realize it was my birthday and when she told my mom the potential days my mom didn't speak up saying it was either I guess lol. Which quite frankly she probably forgot because its still months away.

So my random plan as of right now is... Thursday and Friday I have off. So Thursday or Friday I will drag my mom and sister to the winter horse fair that happens here. Then Friday night I will drag BF + family peoples who want to go to the chinese place that you can buy a mini tower of deep fried lobster and crab... then Saturday I will drag friends to the Harry Potter themed brunch place and invite BF if he wants to go too.

Oh and my SIL wanted me to take pictures of her and my niece in matching dresses.. I think as a family maternity sort of shoot. I was messaging her to let her know I might have time this weekend because it sounds like boyfriend is unsure if he wants to go to the cottage even though we both now have Friday off. But she is not answering back and I am not sure if it is because she is upset with me because I said I couldn't make it or not. 

And that is what you missed in Rookies life.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

<3 thank you! Have you made any more progress on your turtle? I feel I have been MIA.

Nothing new. I could have gone to the painting class Saturday, but I decided that I didn't want to face the world, so spent the day at home...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Whisper said:

Nothing new. I could have gone to the painting class Saturday, but I decided that I didn't want to face the world, so spent the day at home...

Oh ok. Nothing wrong with that. 

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Hey you, hope you had fun on your trip. sorry I am not around more. Will try and pop in to check on things when I can.

Hey Bean <3 don't even worry about it. You haven't missed much here. I've been pretty MIA because of a big work release anyways. The work trip had it's moments and will cause lots of incoming work for us devs 

• Like 1