• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie Does Things

8 hours ago, Rookie said:

Hey Bean <3 don't even worry about it. You haven't missed much here. I've been pretty MIA because of a big work release anyways. The work trip had it's moments and will cause lots of incoming work for us devs 

Thanks,  am sad to say I am still planning maybe 12 hours in advance, so I have 0 idea what is going on in my life or how much I am around. I am glad the work trim went well. And hopefully incoming work is a good thing and not a bad thing.

• Like 1

270.0lbs today! :O

I should check my incentive chart to see if I get anything!

Yesterday was a great day. It didn't end up being a low carb day but I made good decisions and didn't over-indulge. I got to do all of my favourite things lol horses, art, reading, video games, playing with dogs. 

Today is my legit vacation day lol I'm going to work on Jack the cat Sparrow a bit I think. It's a bit awkward right now lol

inCollage_20190919_220710713.jpg

• Like 6

Yesterday I even practiced a little bit of fasting and I was a very good Rookie lol. We went out for Korean BBQ lunch because that was the deal if we were not going to the cottage this weekend. I didn't have as many carb like things while there and I did not have dinner or snack the rest of the night. :) So I'm counting that as a low carb success day. 

Horse painting is 100% done and varnished. It's being dropped off today some time at the barn. 

Jack the cat Sparrow was worked on a bit more lol I have a hard time seeing this looking realistic because I'm not the best at doing cats (he's only my second), he's a black hole and also I'm not very practiced at doing human hair or fabric. Either way I'm having fun and I know my friend will love it. 

20190920_111053.thumb.jpg.d9d621a6fb66f7a5bc36d88306e58d1b.jpg

Today I will also do a mumble for shoulder stretches. 

• Like 7

Thanks @Tanktimus the Encourager :) Its quite fun lol but I didn't work on it anymore since then

WEEK 1              
Dailies Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
- Drink 2L water              
- Floss at least once              
- Do 4x Low Carb days Low Low Normal Low Low Normal Normal
Weeklies (Life)              
- Mumble exercise x2              
- Walk x2              
- Do Outside Work (mow lawn, garden)              
- Do Inside Work (sweep, mop, etc) x2              
Weeklies (Budget)              
- 1 Starbucks              
- 1 eat out for lunch Mon-Thurs              
- 2 eat out dinner Mon-Sun              
Other Progress              
- Paint Grey Horse (due Oct 31)              
- Paint Cptn Jack Cat (due Oct or Dec)              
- Paint Lab (due Feb)              
- Hang shark painting            

Week 1 was prettttty decent. I got down to 270lbs (I didn't recheck this morning because Saturday we went for chinese buffet). I made some smart decisions going into it so I feel pretty good about it (I only had a plum for breakfast and I did not have dinner so essentially I had 1 large meal). I am feeling motivated and I even got up earlier than usual and made my low carb lunch option. I am also practicing/weaning my way into IF which I think is helping. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Waanie said:

Actually it's a great week 1, good job :).

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I love the painting. Youngest Agent was walking by and said "that is amazing".

Sounds like a solid week one to me. Good job

Yay! Lol I think it is definitely recognizable as Captain Jack Sparrow. I should get some time tomorrow to progress on it :)

And thank you! I am still pretty pumped for this week since last week was so good.

I had my first ride on Daisy yesterday in a month! She got her new stompers on and she seems to appreciate them. She is pretty stiff working but she was working out of it. Of course when we took a break she was getting more stiff but that is to be expected since now her feet are heavier and a slightly different shape. 

I have until Oct 4 to submit a painting entry this year to the fall fair. The only one I have done and at home (that has not been submitted before) is my shark and that is a bit too big lol! So I would need to make a new one. So we will see. I haven't looked at the categories yet either.

Tonight I have another ride on Daisy. :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rookie said:

I have until Oct 4 to submit a painting entry this year to the fall fair.

No pressure, You can do it!

Hope Ms. Daisy is/was good tonight :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J3NN said:

No pressure, You can do it!

Hope Ms. Daisy is/was good tonight :)

I have a bunch of wild horse pictures saved that I would love to do. Maybe! 

She was the bestest

• Like 1

Okkkk so yesterday I had a dentist appointment and I got praise for my good flossing lol then a slap on the wrist for not using my electric toothbrush T_T My charger is in the other bathroom lol so instead of going there and charging it I have just been using my normal toothbrush. 

I am enjoying my low carb days and I am much better at eating portions my body needs and now what my eyes want lol. I think at least. Though I also feel I might not be eating enough but if I do not feel hungry then that is okay. At least that is what I am telling myself right now. I am not sure if the low carb days are messing with my water weight lol (you know.. like they do) BUT yesterday I weighed in at 271.2 (which I kind of expected but was sad to see lol) and today 269lbs yassss lol hopefully it keeps going down.  According to my new incentive chart I get a new e-book since I got to 270lbs lol. I am not sure what book I would buy right now since I have quite a few books on my e-reader I need to read still lol but I am sure I can find something. At 265 I get to go to davids tea and pick a special tea :) and 260lbs gets me another new e-book but I might change this to something else :O we will see lol

Daisy and I had a good ride last night.. she is starting to feel more like her self. She was a bit stiff at first again but she worked out of it a lot faster. It was a long ride but I let her walk a bunch in between. It was so much fun and I was so happy from it. She has some energy once we kick it off into a canter but before then we were plodding around like she didn't even have a month off lol. What a good girl <3 I love her so much. My inner thighs are so tired today. And my hips are not the happiest with me lol but no regrets.

Tonight is mine and Daisys day off lol so I will probably paint, sweep and play some of my super randomized pokemon game. :) It is also a carb day nomnom lol 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ahh so good to read you two are able to ride together again! The happiness just sort of jumps out of your update :) 

Haha it really does affect my mood and mental health when something is going on with her or we can't ride for whatever reason. 

Ugh work. Basically I am in the worst mood.

Spoiler

Today I am the biggest grumpkin. I have been annoyed with work because I am being overlooked again because of my one coworker. It is mostly my fault because of my personality. He is very much ask questions, talk, get involved, puts himself in positions. I am more listen, laid back, figure out problems in my head sort. I am also way more loyal then him but I am sure that is seen more as "comfortable and afraid of change". So naturally my boss who naturally levitates towards more engaging people is more into this other developer and I keep getting pushed off things or just not included.... or I am forcefully included by everyone else and I just hate it. I could just try to change who I am and go and talk and ask questions but I need context. Anyways for the first time in 6 years I am considering just looking for a new job. He was to be included on 2 phone calls to do with this new business venture.. that I went to the conference for. (One was for today....) And yesterday I get told by my other coworker I too will be on it because it will take both of us or some shit like that. Just nah. Don't include me now cause you feel bad or whatever. And this bad attitude is very much translating into my work and attitude at work. Hence the maybe its time to move on. (I have voiced to several people I am getting frustrated but being included after the fact is worse then not being included at all in my books). Also I was told I had to be in for 8am sharp for this call I was added to last minute.... I couldn't make my breakfast or pick something up because traffic... the guy isn't even available to talk until 3pm today. I leave at 4pm. So this will most likely carry past that. I am just not feeling like "Giving back to the company" when they are kind of being dicks right now as a whole. Also this coworker has only been here for 1.5 years and has already quit once... and makes more than me since he quit. Its that coworker. 

This call is going to spur us having to split out our current software and build ontop of it to make a different but the same software for this market. The guy wants a working version of the customized software by mid December. We have a giant release that needs releasing next week.... Oh and my work is starting to finally work on a giant project with some other company around the same time this is all going down so our boss boss (Who is our third dev) will be MIA. I am feeling very overwhelmed but also like I shouldn't be since I am not a first thought anyways. :)

</rant>

On a lighter note I painted Jack a bit more last night and even attempted a painting without using my projector to get the basic shapes and proportions down. It is not perfect but I still quite like it and my drawing and proportions has gotten a lot better lol. (My drawing level is not as high as my painting level lol).  Oh mah gawd this cat has hair. ALL THE HURR.

Spoiler

20190925_203001.thumb.jpg.4ceddea3ad6c8b76dfd574e76d3522db.jpg20190925_215153.thumb.jpg.fa9155d7f35da6bddb8a22cfa6b38c52.jpg

• Like 6

Tomorrow I have off work. It will be harder to do a low carb day as we are going up to the cottage. But I will try my best. 

Today I am going out for lunch because we are celebrating my one coworkers last day at the company. I am undecided if I will get a salad. I think it actually kills my soul a bit to order a salad. I have already had 68g of carbs (I had my emergency desk oatmeal because I was starving and didn't get anything on the way in since I had to be here 8am sharp and traffic sucked). I think that is okay though... depending on how lunch and dinner go. I will go ride Daisy tonight, then tomorrow morning we will head up to the cottage.

• Like 4

I hope you had a great time at the cottage :). I agree with KB Girl that you should ask for a raise, and I think it wouldn't hurt to start looking around for another job. Even if you get offered one, you can always say no until you actually sign the contract. The only downside is the time it takes to write letters and go for job interviews.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 6:55 PM, KB Girl said:

Hmm, maybe you should ask for a raise, sounds like you're actually pretty important right now :)

I mean if I quit right now that would put the company in a not so great position so they would probably be willing to give me that raise. Sucks I need to go through those motions for them to realize it though. I was going to ask when my review is happening then decide from there. This whole thing is just draining me. I already asked for a raise last year which was so stressful for me and I got told how I really need to show my worth and stuff to justify it.

1 hour ago, Waanie said:

I hope you had a great time at the cottage :). I agree with KB Girl that you should ask for a raise, and I think it wouldn't hurt to start looking around for another job. Even if you get offered one, you can always say no until you actually sign the contract. The only downside is the time it takes to write letters and go for job interviews.

Thanks <3 It was decent. Definitely cozy cottage weather. I might start looking just to see. And see what raise I get during my October review.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

I mean if I quit right now that would put the company in a not so great position so they would probably be willing to give me that raise. Sucks I need to go through those motions for them to realize it though. I was going to ask when my review is happening then decide from there. This whole thing is just draining me. I already asked for a raise last year which was so stressful for me and I got told how I really need to show my worth and stuff to justify it.

You are in a toxic work environment. It's the employment equivalent of an emotionally abusive romantic partner.

• Like 2

WEEK 2              
Dailies Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
- Drink 2L water              
- Floss at least once              
- Do 4x Low Carb days Low Low Normal Low Low Normal Normal
Weeklies (Life)              
- Mumble exercise x2              
- Walk x2              
- Do Outside Work (mow lawn, garden)              
- Do Inside Work (sweep, mop, etc) x2              
Weeklies (Budget)              
- 1 Starbucks              
- 1 eat out for lunch Mon-Thurs              
- 2 eat out dinner Mon-Sun              
Other Progress              
- Paint Cptn Jack Cat (due Oct or Dec)              
- Paint Lab (due Feb)              
- Hang shark painting              

Kind of trickled off near the end and also I slacked on my chores. But back at it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You are in a toxic work environment. It's the employment equivalent of an emotionally abusive romantic partner.

Sometimes but I think its a lot about my perspective as well. Like don't get me wrong there is definitely  I have been in just a horrid mood and I didn't even have my destresser. It is really just one person that has been not including me but he has started to get better at it this week so I think everyone elses comments about how we are both vital have been helping him? Or maybe he noticed me talking more. And we finally did the release so that is good and 1 thing off the list.

• Like 2

Daisy and I had our first lesson after a month. It went really well and it was on the easier side since we are working on getting her fitness back (Which isn't too bad but still not where it was). I don't think Daisy got the memo that her vacation is over haha. My instructor said she couldn't tell I had a month off and my position is very secure. So that was a bonus.

Re:Work we got to check one thing off the to-do list that has been stressing me out and that is we pushed the giant system release that touches every section of our site on the back end :) and added a bunch of math and complicatedness.

This weekend is "fake thanksgiving" which is a tradition with my BF where I make a thanksgiving before actual thanksgiving weekend lol. So I get to make a big ol' turkey lol. Then the following weekend is the fall fair which I look forward to every year and thanksgiving dinners with my fam and BFs fam :)

• Like 3