• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie Does Things

Recommended Posts

Congrats on the release! It's still a pity that your personality is seen as lesser, but I hope that this person will come to realise what a good employee you are :).

 

Good job on the first half of week 2. Do you feel any difference now that you're eating/drinking out less? I find it easier to eat in nowadays, but I'm told it's one of my weird traits ^_^.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Waanie said:

Congrats on the release! It's still a pity that your personality is seen as lesser, but I hope that this person will come to realise what a good employee you are :).

Thanks! I just don't understand because after the conference he was like best friends with me and all "I really appreciate the work you do and really you are awesome" but then I get excluded from things. I think it was just the reoccurring of it happening at different sources and sometimes it was because other coworker specifically asked or I was on vacation or maybe I just wasn't the first thought. I don't know. I am hoping I can just relax and that my review goes well. 

 

Just now, Waanie said:

Good job on the first half of week 2. Do you feel any difference now that you're eating/drinking out less? I find it easier to eat in nowadays, but I'm told it's one of my weird traits ^_^.

Thanks!

The biggest difference I have noticed so far is that since I am eating out less my portions are smaller and so when I eat a portion to what I was used to before I feel insanely full. Whereas before I could eat and eat and not really feel "full" unless it was a buffet type. I think also after the conference I wanted to eat less because every night we had a big dinner and I just felt uncomfortable. At the cottage the one night my dad made hotdogs with bun, hamburger patties, brown beans and there was potato salad. I didn't take as much as I usually took but I still felt overly full when I finished. Next day for lunch I scrounged for food and we ended up having pasta, leftover hamburger patty as "meatballs" and spaghetti squash. I took a few bites and was done. We took my dad out for dinner Sunday night and I got lasagna, caesar salad and garlic bread.... I died. Lol Soooo..... Def noticing a difference there. My visa is also happier.  As far as energy levels.. .I am not sure yet. And I still really like eating out but I kind of question it now if its worth it because if I get full fast why bother spending $15-$30 on food. That being said my work buddies want to go out for lunch tomorrow so we might go for sushi. But I am hoping there is at least 4-5 people so I can eat the bare minimum without them noticing :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, J3NN said:

So what started the tradition of this fake Thanksgiving?

Well a few reasons made this tradition start.... The main one.. I wanted stuffing/dressing and there was not an adequate amount of stuffing at any of the thanksgivings (BFs paernts don't do stuffing and theres never really stuffing leftovers I am allowed to bring home from my parents). Other reason was the turkies were on sale... And final reason is we never get to have a "holiday dinner" in our own house.. we are always going to my parents or his. So fake thanksgiving happened. 

 

Have you ever had slowcooker turkey? Its pretty bomb.... Of course I always buy a turkey that is too big and have to dismantle it a bit to get it in the slow cooker.

 

===

 

Welp if anyone has followed me for any amount of time you might realize (or I pointed out) that I have a real issue with healthy food... In particular food I made in an attempt to be healthy especially if I made a bunch a head of time. I made my cabbage roll in a bowl.... ground pork, onion, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, egg and soy sauce. It in theory is tasty but started to get nauseous thinking about eating it again and sure enough took a bite and almost gagged. :/ I know its pretty much all mental (though this food isn't super appealing to me today anyways). My body and head just go NOPE.

Image result for nope gif 

Luckily I am not super hungry yet. If I do get hungry I might ask my mom to pick me up some egg bites on the way to the barn.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sounds like a very healthy shift in what a normal portion is for you. Useful! 

Yes! It is very interesting indeed. Always good to know that I won't die if I just nibble enough to not feel hungry. It pretty much got to the point before where I would eat before I even felt hungry ... so I think my body forgot how to feel hungry and full? I hope I continue on the right path there with smaller portions which hopefully help me into a smaller body haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Have you ever had slowcooker turkey? Its pretty bomb.... Of course I always buy a turkey that is too big and have to dismantle it a bit to get it in the slow cooker.

 

No. That does sound good. I'll have to see about this recipe.

 

I like that tradition, we have done a few holiday meals with friends for the same reason, but we mostly ended up trying it and then saying, okay, been there, done that, next?

 

I'm sorry that your meal prep isn't appetizing... I had that problem last week with an entire week of southwestern quinoa salad for lunch, by Wednesday I was done. Blech. This week I did meatballs as the protein that I can mix and match with different things so it won't seem the same EVERY day. I found frozen cauliflower rice and frozen zoodles and I'll make a meatball sandwich one day. Should be good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J3NN said:

No. That does sound good. I'll have to see about this recipe.

Basically just put your turkey in the slow cooker... thats it hahaha but make sure to take all the plastic stuff off and take the bag of gizzards out first. I get the unstuffed bird and do the stuffing from scratch and cook it in the oven. 

 

2 hours ago, J3NN said:

I like that tradition, we have done a few holiday meals with friends for the same reason, but we mostly ended up trying it and then saying, okay, been there, done that, next?

Yah I like doing it lol nomnomnom I basically just do squash, mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, gravy and cranberries. Maybeeee glazed carrots. Then pumpkin pie and whipped cream for dessert. This way I also don't care if I do not get leftovers :P

 

2 hours ago, J3NN said:

I'm sorry that your meal prep isn't appetizing... I had that problem last week with an entire week of southwestern quinoa salad for lunch, by Wednesday I was done. Blech. This week I did meatballs as the protein that I can mix and match with different things so it won't seem the same EVERY day. I found frozen cauliflower rice and frozen zoodles and I'll make a meatball sandwich one day. Should be good.

Yes that would work better I think. I love meatballs lol And I like fresher veggies. I was contemplating skipping my normal carb day tomorrow but I just remembered I am going for sushi lol and also I don't think that would be setting myself up for success for Thurs and Friday. ANNND I just started to get hungry.

 

 

===

 

About to be done work in 4 mins and gonna go to the barn. Currently it feels like 38C (100.4F) after humidity (58%)... these are conditions to kill me lol. It looks mighty angry outside and looks like it could crazy storm at any moment. Hopefully it holds off until I get to the barn and get my girl inside. Giving her a clip was going to already be unpleasant in this heat and humidity .... lol if its raining and I lose power gawd. Also I can't clip her if shes wet... so theres that too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was pretty good lol but we were limited on the sushi rolls we could order because our new coworker doesn't like fish.. cept shrimp. Way to much food but I didn't have anything this morning.. and I'd be pretty well off if I didn't have the dinner if carbs from Hell lol. It was the first night of hockey which means nacho night. Their dad comes over to watch and last time he wasn't too into the nachos but BF thought he'd be more into mozza sticks and jalapeno poppers. I'm not sure he was lol. I'm hoping I didn't actually eat as much as I feel I ate... Considering I chugged 1L of water right before. But I think I did. 

 

And because I didn't update about yesterday. On my way to the barn it was downpouring (what I didn't know is it had already been doing this in the city my barn is lol). I figured I wasn't going to ride because who wants to go get a horse from a field in a thunderstorm.. plus I thought my sister wasn't even going up. Turns out she was and the rain eventually settled. Barn owner went out with me and grabbed Gren for my sister and I grabbed miss Daisy. I sat around waiting for the horses to dry and my sister to show up. Turns out they were stuck in a gridlock so once she was close I groomed them both and tacked them up. Our ride went really well... Daisy is pulling her usual naughty business (very tame) but I was able to ride through it better and faster this time. So that was encouraging. I was pretty sore this morning lol

 

I did 2 arts tonight. 1 my inktober for tomorrow and 2 I worked on Jack the Cat Sparrow. BFs boss/friend wanted to see so I texted him the picture. He was pretty impressed and asked if I could do his 2 cats. (He commissioned a portrait from me before and I gave him a very generous price for it). Anyways I told him if he pays me I sure can. He likes free things. Lol I rarely do art for free anymore. I'm not sure if I offended him ... I mean he knows my personality pretty well. Oh I did do an almost full portrait of Rook my boxer which I think I talked about but I don't know if I showed it. Maybe tomorrow if I haven't yet lol

 

Weather has been all rain and we are back to chilly. And it's super dark by 7:30 so if I want to get my walk in I'll need to do it at lunch I guess. And I'm going to do my mumble right now because I haven't done one this week which will probably be hip and lower back stretches.

 

Inktober Day 2: MINDLESS

 

Spoiler

20191001_230108.thumb.jpg.c3c11d7c289632147d63f7b5e8787cfb.jpg

 

And Jack

 

Spoiler

20191002_215650.thumb.jpg.8066abd8ff2b7777d5a3608bf652c9a9.jpg

 

Sorry if this is huge. I'll put it in spoilers tomorrow when I'm on my computer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack the cat turned out very nicely :)

 

I'm glad your body started to recognise what's normal amounts of food, hopefully you'll also see that on the scale without having to put in too much mental effort :).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Waanie said:

Jack the cat turned out very nicely :)

Thank you! The girl is very happy with it even though there were a few things to do.. but I might leave them.

 

4 hours ago, Waanie said:

I'm glad your body started to recognise what's normal amounts of food, hopefully you'll also see that on the scale without having to put in too much mental effort :).

Me too. So far its been going down. But I haven't been the best planner this week. So its been harder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I ever did a slow cooker turkey. I have fried a whole turkey a couple of times, and the usual roasting. I know some people online that will use a smoker and smoke a whole turkey for Thanksgiving. :)

 

You art looks great. I had no idea there was a inktober thing going on. I just kept seeing it referenced a lot this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 5:01 PM, Tateman said:

I don't think I ever did a slow cooker turkey. I have fried a whole turkey a couple of times, and the usual roasting. I know some people online that will use a smoker and smoke a whole turkey for Thanksgiving. :)

Its pretty good lol but the one year I got one that had stuffing  in it.... I don't recommend doing that lol

 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:01 PM, Tateman said:

You art looks great. I had no idea there was a inktober thing going on. I just kept seeing it referenced a lot this year. 

Every October is inktober :)  If google inktober 2019 prompts you will find the list. Today is "Enchanted"

 

===

 

WEEK 3              
Dailies Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
- Drink 2L water              
- Floss at least once              
- Do 4x Low Carb days Low Low Normal Low Low Normal Normal
Weeklies (Life)              
- Mumble exercise x2              
- Walk x2              
- Do Outside Work (mow lawn, garden)              
- Do Inside Work (sweep, mop, etc) x2              
Weeklies (Budget)              
- 1 Starbucks              
- 1 eat out for lunch Mon-Thurs              
- 2 eat out dinner Mon-Sun              
Other Progress              
- Paint Cptn Jack Cat (due Oct or Dec)              
- Paint Lab (due Feb)              
- Hang shark painting              

 

Looks like I did pretty good but I feel pretty poop about it lol. Cause Sat and Sun I feel I ate real bad. And I just feel lack of planning and such. I am going to try and do better this week.

 

Saturday we went and saw Joker. Yesterday I made "fake" thanksgiving. In there there were some good walks for PoGo, painting, playing soul silver on my DS and watching the Walking Dead. Captain Jack goes to his new home next weekend so I will need to finish him up. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did very well; 3 low-carb days, all your exercise and adulting, and you didn't eat/drink out a lot. Maybe the weekend could have been better, but that's now done. Realise why you ate so much, and move on with your life ;). Did you make a meal-plan for the week?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Waanie said:

You did very well; 3 low-carb days, all your exercise and adulting, and you didn't eat/drink out a lot. Maybe the weekend could have been better, but that's now done. Realise why you ate so much, and move on with your life ;). Did you make a meal-plan for the week?

I did not :P but there are options.... most I cannot have for the majority of the time

- A lot of turkey

- 1 giant container of stuffing

- 1 giant container of half potatoes and half stuffing

- half a squash

- 1 pot of turkey broth

- 2 beef roasts

 

I might go to the store on the way home and get some cherry tomatoes, milk, spaghetti squash and make a "pasta" bowl with the turkey. My coworker gave me some fresh basil. :) 

Hmmhmmhmm you have given me things to think about lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok small update...

I got some cucumber for a snacky. And I got some spaghetti squash and cherry tomatoes to make Turkey pasta with. Boyfriends version will have actual pasta because I think I scarred him with squash XD

 

Other update. Ugh this ride I felt horrible. Super low energy and horrible stamina. I was carrying some groceries and my knees were like lol nah boi and almost gave out doing the step. So clearly I cannot gain anymore weight. I was 271.2lbs after this weekend. I need to keep going down. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I weighed in at 267.6lbs . I was a bit shocked but I will take it. According to my scale I am also down 1.1% body weight. 

 

This weight loss thing is a huge mental game :/ lol I hope I get better at that portion of it.  I guess my random smart decisions and scaling back some meals seems to be helping when I over-indulge. I just am really worried about getting too cocky about it because that is when it all falls apart T_T Which I thought for sure was happening again. 

 

Head feels a bit groggy today, nose is a bit runny. My boyfriend thinks he is getting sick because he has a tickly runny nose. Mine more feels like allergies.... at least that's usually what I tell myself. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today my mumble was spelling out the alphabet with my feet. It is an ankle strengthening exercise.

 

I think I want to work on my stamina more for riding... But I think running is out of the question right now since my knees are going through a phase. (Do you think I can find my knee brace?.... no I cannot). My ideas so far are walking in the very uneven 40ac field at the barn, walking up the hill by my house and just in general riding more. 

 

Oh and I looked up my incentive chart and in 2.6 more lbs lost I get a new tea. I still haven't decided on what new book I want.. but I think another Murderbot book is coming out soon <3  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking up a hill can be great for endurance :). Generally walking faster or walking at different speeds is also cool. Walking the stairs might kill your knees, but how would you like dance-style workouts like Zumba? I hope that the cold will pass you by this time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Waanie said:

Walking up a hill can be great for endurance :). Generally walking faster or walking at different speeds is also cool. Walking the stairs might kill your knees, but how would you like dance-style workouts like Zumba? I hope that the cold will pass you by this time!

I enjoy dance workouts :) I love dancing. I hope so too lol I still have a headache but that could be multiple things. I did the hill walking before and my calves were super sore after lol. I figure the hill would have the most benefit because I find speed walking awkward lol but the hill.. even if I go slow its still fine. I could always take the horse up and down the hills at the barn. Its good for her bum muscles :D 

 

I am fine walking up stairs sometimes but I would rather not push it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New dilemma... My one friends mom told her she wants to go back to universal studios and the harry potter world. I REALLY WANNA GO AND SHE WOULD BE FUN TO GO WITH. However she wants to go during March break... which sounds less fun because I am sure it will be super busy. And also that is like 5-6 months away? I doubt I can save up enough for flight, hotel, park entry, food, whatever else. And I am not sure how boyfriend would feel about that... not sure if he wanted to go or not. And if he did want to go I am sure he'd want to lose weight first. I basically planned on not making any big purchases and see how this paying for the horse thing played out and maybe go on a trip with BF later in the year to somewhere warm or next year. I told my other friend I was worried about whether I could pay for it or not and also it would take into my vacation time... and she has told me 0 details to even research prices... and that friend says "we should go on a road trip!" .... comeeeee on.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rookie said:

New dilemma... My one friends mom told her she wants to go back to universal studios and the harry potter world. I REALLY WANNA GO AND SHE WOULD BE FUN TO GO WITH. However she wants to go during March break... which sounds less fun because I am sure it will be super busy. And also that is like 5-6 months away? I doubt I can save up enough for flight, hotel, park entry, food, whatever else. And I am not sure how boyfriend would feel about that... not sure if he wanted to go or not. And if he did want to go I am sure he'd want to lose weight first. I basically planned on not making any big purchases and see how this paying for the horse thing played out and maybe go on a trip with BF later in the year to somewhere warm or next year. I told my other friend I was worried about whether I could pay for it or not and also it would take into my vacation time... and she has told me 0 details to even research prices... and that friend says "we should go on a road trip!" .... comeeeee on.  

I fail to see the dilemma. The only positive you wrote about in this whole paragraph is that it's Harry Potter and the company would be good. Everything after the capslock is negative. I think that tells you what you need to know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.