• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie Does Things

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I fail to see the dilemma. The only positive you wrote about in this whole paragraph is that it's Harry Potter and the company would be good. Everything after the capslock is negative. I think that tells you what you need to know.

I agree. Can confirm Universal/Harry Potter is a lot of fun but it's not going anywhere; if you can't make it work in March you can save up and go some other time :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I fail to see the dilemma. The only positive you wrote about in this whole paragraph is that it's Harry Potter and the company would be good. Everything after the capslock is negative. I think that tells you what you need to know.

I don't have 2-3k to go :'( and I doubt I'll be able to save that in such a short time. And I feel a bit guilty if I have to tell her no because I do want to go...I think it would be fun but I also have a mortgage, house bills, other bills, car payments, just took on horse expenses which I'm not quite used to yet. Plus I apparently am the worst saver. Which is why I'm working on that :| This friend forgets that part I think plus her mom is paying for her to go lol.

@Lateral Planet I know and the plan is to 100% go one day. It's basically a must do for me. This friend has gone before (last year) and she said I should go the next time but I thought it would literally be maybe a few years inbetween. It would be really fun to go with a total fellow Potterhead and also a horsey friend. I probably just need more details but honestly I don't think there's any way I can save that much in that little time and be ok moneywise after. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

I don't have 2-3k to go :'( and I doubt I'll be able to save that in such a short time. And I feel a bit guilty if I have to tell her no because I do want to go...I think it would be fun but I also have a mortgage, house bills, other bills, car payments, just took on horse expenses which I'm not quite used to yet. Plus I apparently am the worst saver. Which is why I'm working on that :| This friend forgets that part I think plus her mom is paying for her to go lol.

Maybe explain it to the friend that way. If, at that point, the friend knows your situation and doesn't understand, the friend is the one who deserves to feel guilty. 

• Like 3

@Tanktimus the Encourager Yah I guess so. 

I did really good with my low carb yesterday, BUT I am very excited to eat my stuffing today lol. . I felt quite headachy most of yesterday and when I got home I was feeling a bit nauseous so pretty sure my body is thinking about getting sick. Plus I am not sure why but I was wide awake yesterday when I was trying to go to sleep. So I didn't end up sleeping until probably 12-12:30 ... which was weird. I was literally just sitting there in the dark like O_O also I got a bad foot cramp. I feel okay though despite this.

I also took some initiative and asked BF if he would like to go to one of the halloween haunt themed things near us. And we could invite his friends who are totally into this sort of thing. He said we will see because hes supposed to get a lot of overtime this month and hes not sure how much free time he will get.

Side note about phones..... 

My work phone is up for renewal in the next month. Pixel 3a XL or Pixel 3 XL.... 

Pixel 3a XL pros

- slightly bigger battery

- headphone jack

- back camera still as good as 3XL

- lighter than 3XL

- has an orange power button

Pixel 3XL pros

- really good front and back cameras

- water and dust resistant 

- slightly smaller 

- better hardware

I honestly don't think it REALLY matters at the end of the day. But  I can't decide. 

That is all for now folks

• Like 2

Talked more to my friend asking how serious this whole Florida thing was. She said VERY SERIOUS. She is waiting to hear if her dad and sister are also coming. She said her mom is thinking maybe after march break. And probably 3-5 days and that they would probably get a 2-3 park pass. They did 3 parks last time but she said she would be fine just doing 2 parks. And her mom got a deal through sunwing last time. And I told her I was finding prices like 1.6-3k depending on the hotel and she was like whoa yah i wouldn't pay that. So we will see how much it is after her mom looks into booking. I found flights + hotel for about $800-900 and the 2 day pass is $289 i think. So I will assume that is the max and maybe $300 for food + souvenirs. Which might be doable but I will be negating any progress I made on paying off my line of credit. Also need to also talk to BF to see if we are planning on going anywhere end of year. 

If I do end up going I had better be real strict with my way of eating and continue to lose weight cause a low key fear of mine is that I will be too fat for rides O_O 

Today I weighed in at 266.8lbs. My stuffing was delicious though I forgot to take my cranberrys out of my container before microwaving it.. so they were a bit warm which was weird. But it was delicious. Tonight it looks like we will do Indian food. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Today I weighed in at 266.8lbs. My stuffing was delicious though I forgot to take my cranberrys out of my container before microwaving it.. so they were a bit warm which was weird. But it was delicious. Tonight it looks like we will do Indian food. 

Great! I also ate Indian food tonight, although I've never eaten stuffing I think. I can find recipes online, but I wouldn't know what to look for or what to eat it with. Do you have any tips?

For the trip, that still adds up to 1.5k. That's a lot of money for a holiday, especially such a short one. You have to consider for yourself if you find it worth it. Can you currently afford it if your car breaks down or Daisy gets a serious injury? Would you feel better with that amount in savings/paid off credit, or go on a trip? Would you rather go on this trip, or maybe a longer one with your boyfriend or family? These are all very personal questions, and I'm personally very financially conservative so I can't really give you advice. I often measure fun things in months of savings to convince myself that I can easily afford the fun thing (my last holiday was just 3/4 months savings), but it might also work the other way: is it worth X months of savings to go on this trip? Good luck with your decision!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Waanie said:

Great! I also ate Indian food tonight, although I've never eaten stuffing I think. I can find recipes online, but I wouldn't know what to look for or what to eat it with. Do you have any tips?

Stuffing here is traditionally eaten at easter, thanksgiving, christmas dinners. In those you might have a whole turkey stuffed with the stuffing (but I prefer it made and roasted outside of the turkey), cranberry jelly for the turkey, mashed potatoes, acorn squash (with brown sugar and butter), green beans, honey glazed carrots and gravy. 

So since you said turkey is hard to come by for you, you can do this with chicken breast too ;) and make the stuffing on the side. I sometimes make it with just chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy. I think stuffing goes well with bird meat.

8 minutes ago, Waanie said:

For the trip, that still adds up to 1.5k. That's a lot of money for a holiday, especially such a short one. You have to consider for yourself if you find it worth it. Can you currently afford it if your car breaks down or Daisy gets a serious injury? Would you feel better with that amount in savings/paid off credit, or go on a trip? Would you rather go on this trip, or maybe a longer one with your boyfriend or family? These are all very personal questions, and I'm personally very financially conservative so I can't really give you advice. I often measure fun things in months of savings to convince myself that I can easily afford the fun thing (my last holiday was just 3/4 months savings), but it might also work the other way: is it worth X months of savings to go on this trip? Good luck with your decision!

The price is a big struggle right now because my expenses are a bit high because of having to lease my horse or lose her and because I was dumb and went with the more expensive car. Plus that much pretty much covers a week trip to an all inclusive with BF. I don't mind the duration of the trip but you are right that is a lot of money for a trip that small. It is definitely something I really want to do and plan to do eventually. I wouldn't mind going with her because shes really into Harry Potter too though I have never even hung out with her outside of horsey things lol the one time we were going to go for brunch she cancelled. I would love to go with the BF because I love experiencing new things with him and I think he would really enjoy it too but I am not sure how high of a priority it is for him. For me it is a "I definitely need to do this before I die...." thing. Basically if he said it was something he really wanted to do as well then I would be tempted to say no to this friend because I would want to go with him for the first time. 

Right now, I would not be comfortable if a big major emergency happened where I needed funds... and that is without even taking into consideration the trip. I just renovated my bathroom early this year which was a bigger cost than I was expecting.

I would probably prefer to use that amount to pay off my credit long term... Because to take this trip I am sure I would need to supplement whatever I was not able to save with my line of credit. 
I would feel more comfortable taking this trip in 2-3 years when my car is paid off. That being said I am hoping for a raise this month. And I am hoping it is decent. That could be game changer, but I am not holding my breath. 

Adulting is hard lol. Okay.. I make adulting hard. 

• Like 2

Honestly, it sounds like you can't afford to go on this trip right now. Even if you get a raise, you need to have an emergency fund with AT LEAST a few thousand dollars in it. Otherwise, what will you do when e.g. your heating breaks down? Live in the cold? Pay hundreds more because you need to take out credit? 

23 minutes ago, Rookie said:

It is definitely something I really want to do and plan to do eventually.

The keyword here is eventually. It will still be there a few years from now, so why the rush? There's plenty of people into Harry Potter, so even if your horse friend won't be around by then, you can find someone else. You need to get your finances in order first; it will make you less anxious, improve your relationship with your boyfriend and, eventually, make your life more comfortable.

10 hours ago, Rookie said:

Side note about phones..... 

My work phone is up for renewal in the next month. Pixel 3a XL or Pixel 3 XL.... 

Pixel 3a XL pros

- slightly bigger battery

- headphone jack

- back camera still as good as 3XL

- lighter than 3XL

- has an orange power button

Pixel 3XL pros

- really good front and back cameras

- water and dust resistant 

- slightly smaller 

- better hardware

I honestly don't think it REALLY matters at the end of the day. But  I can't decide. 

That is all for now folks

The Pixel 4 phones will literally be out next week. So maybe those will be an option instead? Or at least saving some money on the 3 series. I love my Pixel 3 XL. From what I have heard, the 3a is basically the same phone, just minus a couple of minor things. Either option would be good. From all the leaks from the Pixel 4 though, that might just be one heck of a phone too.

19 hours ago, Waanie said:

Honestly, it sounds like you can't afford to go on this trip right now. Even if you get a raise, you need to have an emergency fund with AT LEAST a few thousand dollars in it. Otherwise, what will you do when e.g. your heating breaks down? Live in the cold? Pay hundreds more because you need to take out credit? 

Yah good point. I mean my gut is telling me no anyways. And I only just started making progress towards my spending goals.

The keyword here is eventually. It will still be there a few years from now, so why the rush? There's plenty of people into Harry Potter, so even if your horse friend won't be around by then, you can find someone else. You need to get your finances in order first; it will make you less anxious, improve your relationship with your boyfriend and, eventually, make your life more comfortable.

Its more finding someone willing to go with me. It was an opportunity presented and I have wanted to go since it was a thing. But yes I need to get finances in order which I have been working on with my challenges. Not sure about how it would improve relationship with boyfriend? We do not have issues about money. I have issue that his brother doesn't seem to look for work and get money to help out with expenses but says he is looking. But I have plans in the workings about this soon aka calling a house meeting.

13 hours ago, Tateman said:

The Pixel 4 phones will literally be out next week. So maybe those will be an option instead? Or at least saving some money on the 3 series. I love my Pixel 3 XL. From what I have heard, the 3a is basically the same phone, just minus a couple of minor things. Either option would be good. From all the leaks from the Pixel 4 though, that might just be one heck of a phone too.

Ah well maybe it will be out in time. I will give the Pixel 4 a quick research. I will need to see how much it is. I do not pay for my phone at all, my work pays for it all. I would feel bad though if they had to pay a lot. 

• Like 2

Just was looking over old data from MFP.

My highest ever weight (recorded) was 285lbs (Nov 22, 2018)

As of 2 days ago I was 267.6lbs

So in almost 11 months I lost 17lbs. Which might not seem like much lol but I am proud regardless because I stuck with trying for almost a year and I am better off than I was.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, J3NN said:

Good job my friend! You got this!

22 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That's good progress! And I bet you've learned a lot along the way. 

Adulting IS hard. These decisions aren't fun at all. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:57 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well done! Keep up the good work.

THANKS FRIENDS! :D 

====

I DIDN'T DIE lol I just was enjoying a glorious 4 days off work haha. And enjoying Thanksgiving

Friday: Painted and went to the barn, then dropped off Jack the cat Sparrow

Saturday: Went to the fall fair with my mom and sister to watch the horses and had the good pizza for dinner cause it was a hockey night :)

Sunday: Painted and early dinner at BF parents house nomnom I behaved meal wise but then I had 2 slices of pieeeeee

Monday: Painted, Lunch with my family for thanksgiving (and we drew names for christmas) then barn after with my sister

It was a good weekend but now its time to get back on track (again again) lol. 

20191014_211200.thumb.jpg.e40da75f63eb31a0c215e1c8ba20fce9.jpg20191014_111807.thumb.jpg.3008a61e27fd41f3a0614ba557013686.jpg20191014_222454.thumb.jpg.89e76dbdc5f4955e5ae3b0a7f5255aad.jpg592775581.thumb.jpg.d48af0a2d5a8165ea452c9e7250a6167.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks guys haha I do think they are pretty cute too <3 

So I got to go ride Daisy on Fridayyyyy and yesterday. Then Saturday was extra horsey time at the fair :D That was quite fun. And my soul is happy haha. I had a REALLY nice ride with Daisy Friday, then yesterday she was a bit of a sassy loon so I do not know what was up with her. 

Today I made a smaller ish lunch (8 meatballs, 25g of cheese, half a cucumber) to try and counterbalance the Friday - Monday of carb eatings. I did throw a few "low carb" breakfasts or skip breakfasts to help counter as well. The scale is kind of shaking its finger at me right now haha but hopefully after a week of getting back into normal eating it will settle. SO hopefully that will be enough food for me. I find it hard to tell if I will have a hungry day or a not so hungry day. 

I switched my riding day to tomorrow so that BF and I can go to the halloween store after work. I told him he should be Bob Ross since he wanted an easy non-committal costume. Which I am okay with considering last year he was thanos and I made him a gauntlet out of crafters foam and armour on his shirt and then got up super early to put him in a bald cap and fully cover him in purple makeup O_O 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Damn is it already the last week? :O 

This challenge feels like it flew by but it also feels like its been going on forever. I think that is just because of all the craziness and random things that were going on.

Today I feel groggy and sleepy. It is also very gloomy,dark and raining. So I am sure that is partially why. 

Also know the scene from Harry Potter (specifically the books) where it describes Prof.Trelawnys room... How stuffy and hot it is. That is my office. Bossman is away for the week and he locked his office door... which has the thermostat.... his office stays nice and crisp with the door shut. SOOO heater running all damn day here. I might ask if the office manager has a key.... Or just hold out for 1 more day. We opened the window yesterday to get some of the cooler air in but today since its raining.... I wasn't going to. 

• Like 1

Day 3 of office death torture lol. Yesterday I ended up opening the window a bit and it made it better but gawd this is how you get people sick lol. The other dev guy is home sick.

Daisy and I had a hard lesson yesterday... what we were doing wasn't necessarily challenging but she was just being so inconsistent. She is mirroring my weaknesses but then also taking advantage of my weaknesses :/ So I have some stuff to figure out agaaaain in my riding. BUT I am so happy to be riding again after having that involuntary month off and a very inconsistent year. Right now my main weaknesses are my leg strength and my core. Always core lol. But it just feels she is ignoring my leg which tires me out way faster. I wish I knew if its just her being lazy or her being sore.

Last night I did good and packed some veggies for a snack and I even made a little breakfast to bring.

My pants are feeling looser in my thigh area, specifically the back thigh area. Before my pants were starting to feel loose after walking a bit, today they felt loose just after putting them on. Scale is sitting at 272lbs right now which could be because I am getting settled back into my routine and also it is period week. 

• Like 2

So I asked my mom if she could video tape me and Daisy tonight randomly during our ride. Because I have no clue what I look like when I ride unless I do that... So I can see what I am doing wrong and where my weaknesses are. Think of it like re-watching game play lol So lucky you guys... if it happens you might get to see horse videos. haha (i can hear your excitement from over here :P )

I am thinking come Sunday or Saturday I will make a collage of all my Inktober sketches so far to share :) Or maybe just my favourites. I am very happy I got to take part this year. Usually I forget until its passed or halfway through. I have been saying I want to do more drawing so this has helped with that. 

I signed up for the newest 30 day strides for success fitness challenge for equestrians. I did maybeeee 2 weeks worth of it 2 years ago or so and it helped (would help more if I stuck to it). So I might work that into my new challenge. My sister doesn't know it yet but I am probably going to drag her in on it lol. She proudly told me last night that she started working out! Then she explained her work out and I was like I seeeee..... basically she ran around for a bit outside. Then she lunged up the stairs and ran down them. then she did some sort of cardio dance class thing on youtube. THEN she did her workout. So I think she is of the mindset she has to do all the things to make progress. I think she was saying she wanted to work on her core.

I don't think my next challenge will be all that different. Here is what I am thinking so far:

- 30 day fitness challenge

- 4 days low carb, 3 days carb

- 2L of water

- flossing daily

- 2 house tasks a week

- do something creative daily (doodles, painting, crafting)

- continue working on the finances part of my life to pay down my debt

- 1 starbucks a week, 2 bought lunches / week, 2 bought dinners / week

I will continue with my 4 days low carb, 3 days carb into my next challenge. I have nowhere near mastered it but BUT I am getting some progress and it seems to fit my lifestyle pretty good so far. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

NOOOOOOOOO I forgot my sports bra T_T Well yall might get to see why a good bra is important for riding sigh

I feel like my boobs just winced in sympathy :(Good luck!

Sounds like you're on a roll, and that looks like a solid plan for the next challenge. House stuff and finances are going to be a big focus of mine too. Every time we get towards the end of the year I start thinking, where the heck did all that money go??

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rookie said:

Always core lol.

It doesn't seem to matter which sports you do; it's always core :P.

I like your new challenge, a good continuation of the current one :).

• Haha 1