• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redgrill18

Redgrill18-Five Months to Get Back on Track

Alright, new week and last week of challenge!  Overall I feel like I am doing about 50% challenge wise but...better than 0% and everything I'm doing was a 0%ish before I started.  So I'll try for a great final week.  Yesterday was holiday from work so I watched a ton of my nutrition video course, did a bunch of meal prep for buddha bowls this week for lunch, and cooked up some winter squash that I told myself I'd eat for breakfast...meh.  I baked butternut at 450 last night, then warmed it in the toaster oven

this AM and put some honey on it and it was still just kinda blech.  I think if I cubed it prior to toaster oven I might have a better texture and taste so I'm going to try that tomorrow am and if that doesn't work than next time I'll figure out some sort of soup I can quickly puree it into.  I'm just trying really hard to eat more veggies and cut back on fruit.  I like veggies...it's just hard to cook them in a way that is appetizing for breakfast when trying to get out the door.

Biked to work today and took bike out front door and it was *SO* much easier, so will definitely be doing that and just trying not to think about what I'm wheeling thru the house when I bring it in each night :)  I still really need to stop by the bike store and ask them about proper bike fit for a cruiser bike and get a new kickstand installed-maybe tomorrow after work.  Doubt I can get in a jog tonight b/c we have family coming over for dinner; but maybe if we can get them out of there by 730 than I could do a late one.  My cough is still there but very, very mild now so a good jog in the cold I think would help me cough up whatever lingering nonsense is hanging on.

Yesterday was nice to have the day off b/c the weekend was very gogogo so in between meal prepping I knitted a bunch.  Finished a tank top I've been working on all summer just in time for fall and it is...not great.  So I didn't weave in the ends yet and figure I'll unseam it in the spring and try to fix it up a bit.  It actually works out better that I finished it too late b/c I probably would've said 'eh, good enough' if it was still in season and then just ended up disappointed with it.  Too short I think is the main problem (which is real weird given that I'm 5'2'' so I expect most patterns to be long on me) but on the plus side I think I seamed it pretty well so that was a nice surprise.  Now I'm working on a gorgeous pink hooded sweater for munchkin and it's going super fast b/c it's a big thick wool so I'm excited to have a project that has a faster payoff than the tank top!  

Happy Tuesday!

Breakdown:

Jog One Two Three

Bike One Two Three

Knife Throwing One Session

Bonus: Meal Prep

Bonus: Nutrition Video One Hour

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I'll be honest, lonely squash sounds kinda blegh to me too. 

Yeah, I always do scrambled eggs too but I sort of hate them so I end up not eating enough of them and then being starving at lunch.  I think I need to get back to just scrambling random veggies into the eggs and focus on mixing up the veggies each day so I don't get bored.  I was also thinking about cooking the veggies and making little uncooked egg scramble ramekins at night and then popping them in the oven when I wake up so they're ready after showering/etc but I'm not sure if it's foodsafe to have raw scrambled eggs chill overnight in the fridge?  Every time I make quiches or egg bakes and have them as leftovers they just are so dry and unappetizing on the second day.

Got a new book from the library last night The Six of Crows while I wait on Ninth House by the same author that everyone and their mother is freaking out about so I started that (and of course, my hold for NH arrived at the library today after having been 'pending' since the book came out two weeks ago, haha!) .  Last night wasn't great, hubs had an 'all hands' meeting at his new work at 5pm, speeches went to 630 so he hopped in a taxi to get back to his car by 7 when the garage closes and got stuck behind the usual DC motorcade.  DC I swear is the only city where when a garage closes you are just sh*t outta luck.  So he didn't get to come home but thankfully his bff lives in DC now so he they had some quality snuggle time watching WWE and eating peruvian chicken.  Calmed him down or I worried hubs would've actually gone back and set fire to the garage when he picked up his car this AM.  

But I made the most of my night and got my melting screamy munchkin in bed as early as I could and then knitted, watched minimal tv, meditated, read, and went to bed on time.  I did all this work on prepping stuff for buddha bowls on Monday and just...don't want any of it.  Made munchkin broccoli, chicken and banana for breakfast this AM and also didn't want that...so I got a bagel from DD instead.  I think part of it is I need to be better about not dreading busy weekends, which the next two are.  It's all good stuff, but it's like I'm already exhausted knowing I'll be getting 6 or less hours of sleep each night and get into why bother mentality?  

Anyways, lots of fun to look forward to-hitting the haunted prison in Philly tomorrow night (hopefully if we have time also hitting cheesesteaks for dinner) and then Saturday night my bestie flies in (and arrives at my house around 130AM, oof) and our crew is going to the last day of RennFest sans kiddos so shenanigans will be had!  

Zero updates to challenge items.  

• Like 1

Ohhh RennFest? Is that a Renaissance fair/festival? 

I mean the weekend sounds crazzzzy busy but also crazy good. 

Have you tried maybe just making little snack boxes with raw veggies to eat more veggies? I like nibbling on raw veggies during the morning. 

20 hours ago, Rookie said:

Ohhh RennFest? Is that a Renaissance fair/festival? 

I mean the weekend sounds crazzzzy busy but also crazy good. 

Have you tried maybe just making little snack boxes with raw veggies to eat more veggies? I like nibbling on raw veggies during the morning. 

It sure is a renaissance festival!  Maryland-it's awesome.  Annnnnnd, bonus, it's supposed to rain at the start time and then be cloudy the rest of the day-which means instead of being elbow to elbow with everyone we'll have the run of the place!  So long as you dress properly it's basically the funnest.  

I have not!  For some reason I'm not a huge raw veggie fan...but maybe I should try again.  It's much easier that way and I certainly prefer them to soggy leftover cooked veggies so worth a shot.

I'm leaning towards last minute signing up for Baltimore's 5k, which is tomorrow AM.  We'll likely be getting home from Philly around 1 or 2am and kiddo will be waking us at 6am.  So...since I can't sleep anyways why not get some motivation to get back in gear with my running?  I'd been doing about 2 miles on my usual runs and tomorrow is supposed to be nice and chilly.  The expo is literally right across the street so I can just hop over there and grab my stuff easily.  Then I figure I won't be as angry about the lack of sleep and will also be easier to nap in the afternoon with munchkin in anticipation of besty arriving around 2AM so I'm not a total zombie.  I normally do the 5k most years but they switched the race the last few years to the most borrrring route that this year also happens to be a construction zone so I've been boycotting.  But it really is pretty inspiring to do an actual race with thousands of people and the other 5ks around here just don't usually have near the same attendance.

Woot!

• Like 1

I mean it sounds silly if you DONT do the 5k lol everything points to yes! Have fun if you do it! 

OHHHH Maryland is on my list of renn faires I eventually want to go to. My one friend (who dressed like a pirate for his wedding) boasted about how amazing it is. We have one where I live but it literally is just a farmers field with those normal vender tents set up. I wanna see pictures!!!

• Like 1

Welp, closeout entry-I didn't do so great on my challenge.  But-I did a heck of a lot better than I would've if I hadn't done the challenge so I'm counting it as a moderate win.

I did end up doing the 5k and am so glad I did.  It renewed my desire to keep up with running a bit and definitely made for a much more positive Saturday than it would've been if I'd just been sitting around all cranky and sleepy.  I actually did pretty great on my timing too!  I think my fastest time every about a decade ago was around 31 and I did 35 minutes Saturday on 4 hours sleep, without training, and while still having the last remnants of my cough.  Not too shabby!

The Rennfest was a tooootal rainout but we sucked it up and went and had a great time.  Didn't see many shows b/c of the pouring but I got my go to years worth of honey, a friend got this glass blown orb that costs $95 for FREE b/c the owner of the stand I guess just really liked how she described how much the one she got last year made her so happy when she sat at work and how appreciative she was of his work.  And he legit was not hitting on her at all-it was crazy.  She was almost crying she was so happy.  I had been eyeing this steel drum sort of thing for my munchkin to play with and a tibetan bowl for me at the music store and they gave me $50 off so I felt accomplished.  Took it home and she was playing with them both for a while, so success!

Now to decide what to do with my next challenge.  I think i want to stick with 3 a week running, but also think based on various aches and pains that it's well past time to suck it up and get weight training back in the lineup even if I hate it.  So I'm gonna brainstorm how to make that happen and see y'all in a week!

On 10/18/2019 at 11:27 AM, Rookie said:

I wanna see pictures!!!

We took zero pics b/c of all the rain, but it is indeed awesome.  The only other one I've been to is NC and Md is just leaps and bounds better and larger.  We've been going there for years and there are still shops I find each year that I've never wandered into and love. 

• Like 1