• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

Terra aims for the bullseye!

I missed the days of my challenges being superhero based....   And to celebrate Hawkeye getting his own show!!! 

Of wait here is the female version of Hawkeye!  LOL

xvdyhfy7o9e31.jpg

So why Hawkeye?  Because he (I'll stick with he for now) is just a normal person.  He is a highly skilled and physically fit specimen of the human race but he is just a person with no powers.  I too am just a person, who wants to find my peak human form.  He is an excellent archer, acrobat and tactician.  In the comics he is a master martial artists.  I can work with this...  And a plethora of photos of Jeremy Renner is just a bonus!  

Avengers-Infinity-War-Hawkeye-Real-Reaso

So how am I going to become a better human specimen?  I have some plans, two primary to my health and others that just need to happen:

PRIMARY - I am going to try to reduce my carb intake for a bit.  Trying to get back to a more paleo eating style.  Less sugar and paleo convenience foods while eating more veggies and leaner proteins.  

PRIMARY - I am going to try to do some weight training with my girls.  Not sure what this will look like yet but it is long overdue!!!  

Secondary goals:

• Still will do the BJJ - its my strongest habit at this time!!!  :ph34r:
  • More "wilderness threapy" is needed for my family!  The hubby and I discussed finding more dog friendly trails with less crowds, which will likely put us closer to home.  :D
  • Decluttering and general house cleaning MUST happen! 
  • GGS-1 training course needs to be completed
  • The mindset modules of the Core 4 still intrigue me and I'd like to study them more...  

So eat better and weight train. Sounds like a simple plan...    

So much better when he smiles!

jeremy-renner-hawkeye-2.jpg

• Like 7

Hawkeye!! And what is this about his own show?!

Love the idea of wilderness therapy- I know spending time in wilderness (even if only mildly wild:)) is so refreshing for me

• Like 1

Wilderness therapy sounds so amazing right now! (I am jelly, it's still in the high 90s here and outside is not fun).  I am also working on the whole decluttering of the house, I really like your goals :) 

• Like 1

Hey, girl! This sounds really good.
Hawkeye, eh? I'm so along for cheering you on!

send from my phone, bear with me.

• Like 1

What did I say about needing motivation???  

So I went to see my neuropath doctor today.  It is always an interesting visit with all of her little vials and silent questions. But I walked away from there knowing I am fighting a fungus (one I've fought before) and it is messing with my kidneys, liver and endocrine system.  These system are impacting my ligaments (as manifested in my plantar fascia), hormone levels (perimenopause) and absorption of magnesium/calcium (why I'm tired and losing strength). I already feel better and I have a plan to get rid of the fungus for good.  I go back again next week.  I am hopeful that this will fix some underlying weirdness. 

Now I can focus on becoming the skilled and physically fit specimen of the human race that I know I can become!  

5abe52a8a11a92b1d937417cc2a882d9.gif

• Like 5

Yucky fungi! Hugs against blegh!

7010e4bf03920369aa0fc435777623ad.gif

PS I'll endeavour to fill up my stash with hawkeye pictures for you soon.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, Terra said:
  • GGS-1 training course needs to be completed

This has been sitting in my Inbox as well for a while now. Haha

• Like 1

It's a new week and I'm starting in a mellow reflective place.  

Three Jimmy Buffett songs are on heavy rotation in my head right now (I know jimmy dates me, don't care :beguiled:).  A Pirate Looks at Forty, Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude and Come Monday.  All three of these have a similar basic theme of being unhappy with life and looking to make some changes.  They talk about re-grouping with just a few friends and the people you love and moving forward again.  I am feeling like this very much lately.  I am feeling disconnected from the majority of my friend group and when I reach out to them, I just not making the connections that I need.  The hubby and I have discussed this at length.  I will be hunkering down and being less social with the friends who are not lifting me/us up.  We will be refraining from having large parties and focusing on making our lives better. Sice note: Decluttering is a big part of this on the home front.  I have a couple of friends whom I want to do more with and will be making efforts there.  I am trying to socially distance myself from less supportive and highly judgemental 'friends'.   My mental wellness is VERY important.  These two lines from A Pirate Looks at Forty are on constant loop in my brain right now "But I got stop wishing, got to go fishing, down to rock bottom again. Just a few friends, just a few friends."

Context to my challenge theme: There are some correlations with my mindset and the Hawkeye from the Marvel movies.  He lives a dual life to protect his family and keeps friends at arms length until he is ready to let them in to his full life.  

hawkeye-5.gif

I think a lot of my physical issues are stemming from the fungus that is causing a problem known as Valley Fever.  I don't have any significant issues from it yet, but this is the second time I've had it and it messes with my body.  Now that I know the problems is not all in my head and I can do something about it, I am feeling cautiously optimistic. I am still feeling worn down but I know why and I'm working towards a resolution.  I see the doctor again on Wednesday afternoon.  

So the goals this week is to find some happiness, exercise when possible, eat lower carb and get my family healthy.   I got this...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Weekend recap:  Some sickness, some drama... Not much exercise.  

Spoiler

I was sick last Friday and I have a kiddo who is still sick today.  It's hard to send her to school if she is still puking.  My hubby is grumpy about this because she does this every fall, about this same time. But it's puke...  <sigh>  At least he is out of town, so I just have to juggle work and the sick kiddo.    Big event this weekend was getting my girls new phones.  My oldest had shattered her screen and the screen replacement did not go well and both girls had very dated phones.  Now they have newish phones with (hopefully) better screens and better batteries.  So they should last them a while.  The other "event" of the weekend was my oldest proclaiming that she wasn't going to the homecoming dance at all.  It was odd since we had bought her a dress.  She said that her friends all had dates so there was no group to go to the dance with.  Turns out that she did get asked to the dance.  However this person was not someone my girl wanted to go with and the asking was done in a fairly public fashion that embarrassed my girl.  Ya see, my girl has gone through a period of wondering if she was not straight and she came out of that knowing that she is interested in only boys.  It was a girl from that time of questioning who was the asker and my shy daughter was mortified.  And now she is sick.  hmmm....  It sucks to be a teenager and I want to fix things but there is nothing I can do to help.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Machete said:

This has been sitting in my Inbox as well for a while now. Haha

Maybe we need a challenge...  Wanna have a competition to see who can finish it first?  

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

Hope things go well at the doctor!

I am already seeing some improvement in my ligaments and hips.  I am very much looking forward to my appointment this afternoon.  

I still have a sick kid a home.  The hubby isn't happy, but we just can't send her back to school till the puking stops.  I can't quite figure out why he is so mad.  Did I mention he isn't even at home right now.  Not quite sure what to think about his reaction.  

tenor.gif?itemid=11778823

Last night was a big win for me.  I had gotten home and taken care of my girls, but I still had 20 minutes before BJJ class.  I debated not going.  I went and got to work with BIG John.  Well, I worked with John for a while, till we did a technique where he was worried about putting his weight on me.  I appreciate his viewpoint.  I have been a little fragile lately and he is about 300 pounds.  I ended up working with a tiny young lady after that and it felt like the same problem but with me as the big person.  <sigh>   

Today I have another appt with the neuropath and then an evening at home with my girls.  I am hopeful that my oldest is puke free and caught up on homework.  That way I can yoga (or KB) and spend time with my kids.  

• Like 5

On 9/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, Terra said:

I went and got to work with BIG John.  Well, I worked with John for a while, till we did a technique where he was worried about putting his weight on me.  I appreciate his viewpoint.  I have been a little fragile lately and he is about 300 pounds.  I ended up working with a tiny young lady after that and it felt like the same problem but with me as the big person.  <sigh>  

It's a struggle. I just got my ribs crushed by a 289-pounder (he insists on not being referred to as a 300-pounder anymore), and have been out of training for near 3 months now. I guess I expected more out of him, but he's a white belt so it's really my fault because I should know better. <le double sigh>

• Like 2

Hey my Dear,

how was your weekend? Did you get tk refill your own cup, too? Hope the monday treats you right.
Hugs!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Morag said:

Hey my Dear,

how was your weekend? Did you get tk refill your own cup, too? Hope the monday treats you right.
Hugs!

No time to refill my cup just yet...  I'm trying to pencil something bigger in on the calendar in November.  Trying to find little things to help in the meantime.  

Eldest spawn is still sick, she has missed 7 days of school so far. Hubby isn't mad (it took a while to figure this out) but he is frustrated.  His frustrations comes across as angry/mad.  So we are dealing with this as best as possible.   Eldest spawn has bad grades because of this and I've been reaching out to teachers this morning rather than working.  I need to pull some information together for my performance evaluation at work which is in one hour.  Right now I'm just trying to get by...  

• Like 2

giphy.gif

I'm sort of at a breaking point.  I talk to the hubby and he says AB and C happened, then I talk to eldest spawn and she says something completely different.  I'm so tired of being in the middle of everything, yet they don't communicate well together.  I just want to toss them into a room, lock the door and run away.  UGH!!!  Eldest spawn went to school for the afternoon today.  She is still puking but the doctor told her to go anyway.  If things aren't improved by friday they will start GI testing.  She needs to find some nutritional beverage or food that she can eat and keep down.  The doc recommended pediasure, but that stuff is NASTY!  So I need a better option for my lactose sensitive kid who prefers whole foods, especially veggies.  

Back to my normally scheduled challenge....  I am doing better eating lower carbs except for potatoes.  Did I mention I was born and raised in Idaho?  We love our potatoes.  I'm not getting as much exercise as I would like but its there at minimal levels.  I really want to start lifting somewhere, somehow...  I just need the shitstorm that is my life to let up.  I would be happy with a light sprinkle....  

giphy.gif

So let me regroup and make a plan for later today.  I will get a snack and beverage at Starbucks in about an hour because I missed lunch.  I will take youngest spawn to her appt and then home.  At home I will change into workout clothes and take myself to BJJ class.  With any luck I can get youngest spawn to cook dinner, she is a good cook!  I will hug my kids and hubby, help with homework, fold the laundry and take a bath after the kids go to bed.  

For now this plan is enough.  Tomorrow I will make another daily plan.  

• Like 3

And plans change!  Instead of BJJ, I got to go to a Cafe Scientifique lecture on Neutrinos (it was extra credit for my daughter's honors physics class). 

She made it through a half day of school and it there again today.  She is still struggling with what to eat and I made her banana, almond milk, non-dairy probiotic yogurt, collagen and MTC oil smoothies for both breakfast and lunch.  (don't tell her I added the MTC oil,  she needed more calories) . And I am hopeful that we can get her more nutrition tonight.  Today is the first day she must wear her navy ROTC uniform at school.  She was missing her socks.  :rolleyes:

2fkP.gif

Last night I was playing around with my youngest and I lost my balance, smashing my head into the wall as I fell.  I am on the lookout for concussion symptoms.  I have a  low level headache and my head and neck are tender but my eyes are fine and I'm just hungry (not nauseous).  I am debating BJJ class tonight because of the head, but I would love to make it to the core and conditioning class...  So I'm going to see how my day goes.  

• Like 3

Oww. Do be careful re:possible concussion.

And I remember the torture that is NJROTC pants. I had to wear thick tights under mine or get welts from the wool content. Hoping they’ve changed them since then, but I’m imagining so given the change in uniforms overall. I had the penguin outfit.

Have you tried Ensure for the kiddo? I know the elderly use it as an easy way to get calories in.

• Like 1

quick update...  head is fine but my shoulder and neck hurts.  Eldest spawn is back to school and the ROTC pants are OK but the shoes aren't great.  Tomorrow I get to take my youngest spawn to a practice tennis tournament.  And we got our tickets to the Military Ball that is next weekend.  Exercise has been sporadic.  BJJ on wednesday and in a couple of hours today.  I'll miss tomorrow's class but a Sunday hike sounds lovely!  

source.gif

@darkfoxx "Ensure" was not hitting my brain when I was trying to type my last post.  It has calories but the ingredients are awful.  And eldest spawn is my whole food, veggie eater with a dairy intolerance.  Ensure is what we have at home but only one bottle was opened.  Eldest spawn is slowly expanding her food intake to more food and more interesting foods.  She is doing so much better now.  

• Like 4

I thought I had typed up something yesterday....  

Funny moment yesterday with my youngest spawn.  We were talking exercise for her after tennis season is over (and it snows here) on the way home from picking her up after practice. She is considering coming to core and condition class with me and I mentioned that I missed going to classes.  She said I should just schedule these things for myself and then say NO to everyone who wants to interrupt my schedule.  I noted to her that if I did that she would still be waiting for a ride home from tennis because class was going on right then.    

EachTinyKronosaurus-small.gif

I love that she is fierce, but she didn't think that one through...  

I am struggling to get myself on track with food or to classes these days.  It's all excuses but I am just overwhelmed by girl's activities, hubby's schedule/needs, trying to balance two work sites/groups, perimenopause symptoms and deal with my own damm guilt for not managing everything better.  And then there is a need to take some time for myself because my energy stores are depleted and have been for a while.  

Right now I am going to head home for a few minutes (so grateful that I live close) to grab some simple food for my grumbly stomach (ie: not tuna) and my BJJ bag that i forgot this morning.  With any luck I'll make it to class tonight.  But if the stomach is still rumbly I might have to pass on class again.  

• Like 5