• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheGreyJedi-Ranger

Jedi's Quest For The Tower

Mr. Right's gotten me into The Dark Tower series. I'm almost done, and I thought a Dark Tower themed challenge would be fun!

Last challenge I dipped my toes into the water of challenge, and I didn't do so well. But it was a good start. However, I'm still questing for my Tower - my ultimate goal of health.

tenor.gif?itemid=9370752

Mr. Right and I have had a lot of setbacks in our personal life recently, and it's definitely been a little bit frustrating (more than a little bit frustrating).... But overcoming obstacles is what Roland Deschain and his ka-tet are best at. And, after all, "All Things Serve the Beam."

Roland's Quest - Daily Food Log

Roland is defined by his persistence. So my daily food log is a great quest to associate with Roland! Being mindful about my food without being militant is super great for me. The log helps me remember to try to eat at least semi acceptably, but overall it's less problematic for me.

Eddie's Quest - Exercise 3x/week

Eddie, the ex-addict turned gunslinger, had to work hard to get from a scrawny dude to a strong gunslinger. I'm going to channel this potential for change in my gym days! I created a workout that is custom to me and is a good balance help for my trouble areas and plenty of fun with the things that I enjoy doing.

Susannah's Quest - Stretch Daily

Susannah has to be VERY flexible to get around with her missing the bottom halves of her legs. So I'm channelling my inner Susannah here and working on my flexibility - and determination!

Jake's Quest - Eat Out No More Than Once a Week

Jake has what is called 'The Touch'- which means he's a telepath and has control over the mind. There's a bit of mind-over-matter here and I'm going to channel that mental power to remind myself to keep the random eating out to no more than once a week. It helps with the finances too.

~~~

Going to give myself zero week to get back into the gym and then I'll get on this.

Long days and pleasant nights, friends!! <3 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, stayathomehero said:

This sounds awesome, gunslinger. Good luck. One exercise a week should be dancing the Kammala.

yessssss maybe I'll do zumba and that'll be my dancing for the week xD

15 hours ago, bker1370 said:

Following along.

welcome!!

~~~

Yesterday's food log. It was a weird day because we were out of everything except ingredients for dinner meals so Mr. Right and I went grocery shopping. Dinner was delicious, and those lima beans were quite fresh. Also our landlord brought us cookies which was super sweet >_>

September 10

3 pcs buttered cornbread

PB&J sandwich

3 frosted donuts (Dunkin Donuts)

2 lg servings of chicken casserole

Medium serving of lima beans

2 small m&m cookies

• Like 1

Okay so yesterday was stressful and you can see it in my food log >_> I rarely eat like that anymore, but when stress and upset happens, sometimes you default back to what you know. And I'm not bothered by it - it's just a thing.

September 11

2 scrambled eggs with 2 toasts

Some grapes

Some chicken casserole

5 small cookies

A sleeve of crackers

7 honey butter croissants

Hey guess where I didn't go this morning?

If you guessed "the gym" you're very correct.

It's been a weird few days. Lots of stress with home purchasing things(see spoiler for the saga if you're interested) and work both (why does work feel like Monday still?? I feel like it's been a series of Mondays all week). It's screwed with my sleeping patterns a little bit. Also my eating patterns. Today, it's almost 1:30pm, I've been up for 2.5 hrs and I've eaten exactly nothing. I'm working on my first cup of coffee and that's about it. 

Spoiler

Okay so home purchase saga.

This whole home buying thing was definitely going to be a 'few months in the future' thing. But I wanted to look at a home and we couldn't look at it until we had a realtor of our own. So the lady representing the house said we could use her as a realtor. We agreed. Then we found out that we had to get preapproved for a loan for her to do much with us. We got ourselves preapproved for $15k more than we'd been using as our budget (total of $215k) with no down payment.  We started looking at homes and everything was hunky dory aside from a slight fear about what would happen if we found a house and our new landlords wouldn't let us out of our lease. 

Then we found a house we LOVE. We wanted to put an offer on it, and we started talking to the mortgage guy again. Come to find out, since I'm a 1099 contractor instead of a standard W2 employee, I have to have 2 years of tax returns as a 1099 employee - making me completely ineligible for our loan. Mortgage guy said if we refinance our auto loan (just under $15k) in my name only, the mortgage we'd need for this home we love could go under Mr. Right's name. Um... okay?

So Mortgage guy got me in touch with Auto Refinance guy, who is trying to refinance my car in just my name without increasing our monthly payment. He called me this morning and the two times I called back, didn't pick up. I'm slightly frustrated, but whatever. 

That's the saga. I'm quite stressed about all the things. I have no idea what we're going to do.

So yesterday's food log

September 12

2 scrambled eggs with 2 toasts

Some grapes

Probiotic coffee with 2 tsp sugar and creamer

Roast beef sandwich

Chicken sandwich (chickfila)

Mac and cheese(chickfila)

cookie(chickfila)

4 small cookies

Coffee with 2 tsp sugar and creamer

Some bluebell cookie two step ice cream

21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

What is probiotic coffee?

It's this new coffee I found called Vitacup. It's infused with probiotics and is much easier for me to handle than actual probiotics!

vitacup-probiotic-blend-64ct-top-rated-c

~~~

Happy first day of the challenge and I'm SICK. Ugh. Got a nice cold that I couldn't sleep off last night. Ugh. My throat is killing me and I'm incredibly congested. Stellar. I'm still planning on gym tomorrow but we'll see how that goes. 

At least now I know why my body has been craving carbs so much.

Food log

September 14

3 scrambled eggs and 2 toasts

3 cookies

Pesto chicken with mozzarella

Pasta salad

5 pancakes with syrup(IHOP)

hashbrowns(IHOP)

Grilled biscuit(IHOP)

yesterday was exhausting because I was sick. Am sick. I did go to the gym today by some miracle of the Lord. My body wants ALL the carbs right now though, likely from being sick.

September 15

2 philly cheese steaks

¼ sleeve of townhouse crackers

Tea with lots of honey, sugar, and lemon

Chicken pot pie

Yesterday was a hot mess food wise. I didn't eat enough considering that I went to the gym and worked out. 

September 16

3 scrambled eggs with 2 toasts

Grapes

PB&J

2 donuts (Dunkin)

went hiking this morning instead of to the gym, it was fantastic

yesterday's food was wonky because we ended up seeing friends.

September 17

3 scrambled eggs with 2 toasts

2 cheesesteaks

Cheeseburger (Cookout)

2 beef quesadillas (Cookout)

½ giant cookie (Bennys)

• Like 2

Life is full of ups and downs isn't it? Today has been an actual roller coaster - some really amazing things are happening, some really shit things are happening. I'm having some emotional whiplash.

Hiking day food

September 18

Granola bar

Meat and cheese sandwich

A few mini oreos

Some trail mix

Lots of grapes

1 sleeve of crackers

Lg serving of lasagna

3 pcs cheesy garlic bread

It's been such a crazy week. I accidentally slept for 14 hours... woke up at 1pm. It's been a day already. But all I can do is move forward. Keep doing my thing.

September 19

White Chocolate Mocha (Starbucks)

Lasagna

2 pcs cheesy garlic bread

Queso burger (Chilis)

Loaded mashed potatoes(chilis)

HOW HAVE I MISSED YOUR THREAD?!1/!/1/1!/???

tumblr_nrs45jsLnp1r49902o1_400.gif

Oh no anything involving home buying or selling is legitimately the biggest stressor ever IMHO and I hope you are doing ok with it today!! There are so many steps and sometimes more than many and............ phew.  Yeah.  It's a process for SURE.  Reminder that your stress and feelings are VERY VERY VALID and that you are doing your best!!  I hope everything goes well and if you need to vent more, you know where we are :DDD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaar said:

HOW HAVE I MISSED YOUR THREAD?!1/!/1/1!/???

tumblr_nrs45jsLnp1r49902o1_400.gif

Oh no anything involving home buying or selling is legitimately the biggest stressor ever IMHO and I hope you are doing ok with it today!! There are so many steps and sometimes more than many and............ phew.  Yeah.  It's a process for SURE.  Reminder that your stress and feelings are VERY VERY VALID and that you are doing your best!!  I hope everything goes well and if you need to vent more, you know where we are :DDD

Thanks friend!!! It's been an adventure. We put in our offer on Friday night and got back a counteroffer this morning. We've countering the counteroffer and will hopefully hear back asap 0_o 

As stressful as it is, the crap we've got going on rn is actually worse (can't really go into detail on a public forum because of some confidentiality issues) and more stressful. The home stuff is actually moderately chill in response. 

Gonna be sad AF if we don't get this beautiful home with 5 acres of mountain to explore and a fire pit tho

~~~

HOO BOY YESTERDAY I ATE LIKE A TRASH PANDA.

What am I talking about the past week has been trash panda week.

Ever since the Home Drama popped up my eating has gone to crap. Going to try to get my ish together this coming up week. 

Guess WHAT??

In ONE WEEK from today I'm going to visit my BEST FRIEND EVER and I'm driving like 8 WHOLE HOURS to go see her and I'm so nervous but excited too

September 21

1 pc of cinnamon roll coffee cake

Coffee with 2 tsp sugar and creamer

16 hawaiian sweet rolls

Large cheesburger with mac and cheese on it(Fifth and Federal)

A bunch of tater tots(Fifth and Federal)

(yes I binge ate an entire bag of hawaiian sweet rolls it happens sometimes ok? I haven't binged in weeks.)

I was gonna go to they gym this morning but apparently my gym had a power outage so my happy butt got to sleep in.

Gonna be eating less like a trash panda today. Got chicken thawing so I can make delicious chicken and dumplings and pretend it feels like fall. Happy fall, it's 90*F

September 22

Croissant

sausage/egg/chs biscuit(biscuitville)

Blueberry muffin (biscuitville)

2 pcs chicken alfredo pizza (Pizza hut)

Homemade strawberry shortcake

S C R E A M I N G

I'm ditching the gym for now, things are TOO MUCH. We close on our house on Oct. 30, we had an inspection today, have a mortgage meeting tomorrow, and I'm going out of town for a week starting sunday. HECK.

Here's yesterday, I was also on the move yesterday. The quick add was a latte that I looked up a few things and kinda BSed the count on. I tried to BS it on the higher side though.

503613534_ScreenShot2019-09-25at7_45_51PM.thumb.png.fc99c3521061bc084b4ee75c93e95017.png

Today is going to be a day. I woke up late on purpose, but I STILL feel like there aren't enough hours to get everything done. I think it's because there are a couple of things that need to be done at certain times (I'm looking at you dinner and washing makeup brushes) but I'm really not in as bad a shape as I think I am. I just need to do the light sensitive things earlyish. 

Yesterday was a mess but I still tracked

842873181_ScreenShot2019-09-27at12_51_01PM.thumb.png.e9fb69539df765d9a33ad0034386f4fc.png

It's been a mess of a few days. I was going to work myself into oblivion yesterday but ended up spending that time with friends instead. It was a good life choice, but it definitely stressed me out a little bit. Some of my clothes aren't going to be dry by the time I leave at 3am but I'll figure everything out(no I still haven't packed I nEVER WAIT THIS LONG WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME)

Our friends fed us delicious pork chops with a sauce and some fried potatoes with peppers, onions, and (in everyone's case but mine) jalapenos. 

Also I PROMISE I EAT. I'm not going this far under calorie counts on purpose. I'm doing more and running around a lot. Things have been so hectic that it's just working out the way it is. But I do promise you guys that I've been eating. 

616031052_ScreenShot2019-09-28at1_48_07PM.thumb.png.40db9f3ef5a210b1e24c1c3fd0a8d43a.png

Ugh. Ya'll, I couldn't take my trip. There's so much crap going on right now. I'm going to put some stuff in a spoiler, but I'm not allowed to publicly talk about the details. I'm super frustrated with the whole thing though.

Spoiler

O K A Y

So Mr. Right's job situation has been a hot mess. Short version- he's out on paid leave for Reasons that I can't go into but he's being vilified for something he didn't do by people who don't understand his job. He's been out for 4 months+, and has been stuck at home because he's 1) prohibited by policy to get a second job without written permission and 2) isn't permitted to go to his workplace to actually get said permission. And he has to be available from 8-4 monday-friday in case they call (which they've done once in four months). Like this is them trying to charge him with a crime bad. And on top of that, the local news got ahold of the whole thing and a bunch of uninformed people were judging him and it still makes me wanna punch a wall even though it was a few weeks ago. 

We're both having cabin fever REALLY badly because he's stuck at home and I'm working from home. We've been in the SAME ROOM together for the past 4 months straight with basically no breaks. We both need space but our rental has 730 sqft and one room has lights that don't work. He didn't want to get another job because he didn't wanna rock the boat given that he's had a full paycheck and we're trying to get a mortgage and a home.

HOWEVER. I checked the bank account and his workplace shorted him by $1500 with ZERO WARNING. For my non-American friends, that's what they call v e r y heckin illegal. We are very diligently working on getting a lawsuit started. However, that doesn't help us now when we need documentation of employment and pay for our mortgage. There's a very real chance that his shit employers have screwed us out of the most beautiful home and property that I could have ever imagined owning.

I'm anxious and scared and stressed and trying not to show it because he's also stressed. I canceled my trip because money, and I'm mildly devastated about so many things. We were scheduled to close at the end of the month and I wanna cry thinking about it.

Because of above, I didn't actually track on saturday. I was just kinda over it. 

1506344189_ScreenShot2019-09-30at11_49_09AM.thumb.png.1823add66196e81a93f8d03562d6b85e.png

Oh Jedi, I am so sorry to hear what a mess things are right now and I'm so sorry I haven't been around!! That is a whole lot of horribleness and I can't imagine how stressed you guys are. Is there any place in your current neighborhood to take walks? Or can you drive to someplace close by to take walks? Cabin fever is a Real Feel and you both do really need your space, especially with so much going on.

Either way, please don't hesitate to PM me, on here or on Instagram, if you need to vent or talk - I'm happy to listen. And I'll be praying too.  <3