• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rybach

Rybach: Insert Coin, Press Start!

On 10/6/2019 at 2:56 PM, Rybach said:

Caloric beverages are out, and I haven't consumed any breads or pasta or bagels or any grain above that one tomato basil wrap I ate ate Subway yesterday (turkey veggie wrap on my way home was a fair compromise on 38 hours of no sleep). No candy or sweets, and every meal now has a protein and a vegetable. Level 5. Here are my next changes:

That's some impressive healthful eating. Congrats! 

23 minutes ago, Rybach said:

Have you guys ever gone to Olive Garden when you're not eating pasta? Jibbers Crabst that was miserable!

I don't know olive garden, but yeah. Restaurants definitely mess up the plan. Whatever the plan is. Unless the plan is: consume lots of butter and anything else enjoyable that comes my way. Then we're all good. 

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

I don't know olive garden, but yeah. Restaurants definitely mess up the plan. Whatever the plan is. Unless the plan is: consume lots of butter and anything else enjoyable that comes my way. Then we're all good. 

I know the struggle. They had things called "never ending pasta bowl" and "chocolate chunkin' pumpkin cheesecake," and just sat there nibbling on my chicken and zucchini and re-evaluating my life.

CHALLENGE UPDATE: WEEK 4

Supporting Goal 1: Keep a Food Log for 5 Weeks

Still keeping the macros app going, and it's really helping. It forces me to pay closer attention to nutrition labels for carb and protein levels so I know the hidden things I should cut. For instance, I learned that the seafood mix I was making stir fry with had imitation crab, which is a weird mix of pulverized white fish, starch, and sugar. The more you know.

Supporting Goal 2: No Candy/Sweets for 5 Weeks

Guys, it's my birthday. Something I didn't fully realize was happening when I started this challenge last month. But I still haven't had any candy or sweets, and I'm going to keep it going. That means no celebratory white chocolate cheesecake today. And no candy when I go to the fancy theater on Tuesday for Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. And none of my mom's cream puffs at family dinner on Wednesday. Damn.

Supporting Goal 3: Level Up to NF Diet Level 7

No bread or pizza this week. And the other night I came so close to ordering a meatball sub and chicken wing pizza out of spite, but I slept it off. Also making sure I'm getting protein and fats in every meal and keeping my carbs below 150g a day. I rarely snack any more. NF Diet Level 6. Here's what I need to change for the final week:

• Start cutting back on rice, quinoa, and beans
  • Try to keep daily carbs below 100g
  • Start minimizing dairy consumption
  • Eliminate snacking
  • No fast food

I think I'm in serious danger of setting goals and sticking to them. It's a weird feeling.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, Rybach said:

I think I'm in serious danger of setting goals and sticking to them. It's a weird feeling.

Hey, that's awesome. Maybe it will spread to non-diet areas, too? 

CHALLENGE UPDATE: WEEK 5

Supporting Goal 1: Keep a Food Log for 5 Weeks

I skipped the log for 2 days this week. It was my birthday dinner and I didn't feel like keeping track of the macros. But I kept it within my NF Diet level, an I still lost 1.5 lbs.

Supporting Goal 2: No Candy/Sweets for 5 Weeks

Had my first piece of candy on the 20th after I considered the challenge complete. Didn't care for it, actually. Felt like empty garbage going into my body. I know better tasting ways to satisfy my cravings.

Supporting Goal 3: Level Up to NF Diet Level 7

I'm at NF Diet level 7. Mission accomplished.

Diet under control. Now it's time to slowly and safely incorporate physical activity. Probably going to the Rebel group for challenge 2.

• Like 2