• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KB Girl

KB Girl and the fight for women's rights

On 10/7/2019 at 7:00 PM, Elastigirl said:

I like your plan of little goals for the week. Great idea to work on the photo albums, it will only get harder to keep with once you have two.:)

Ugh yea I hadn't even thought of that x) 

On 10/8/2019 at 7:18 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Too bad about the funk, hope being proactive with the little goals will make you feel better. :) 

A mixed result! It made me feel more focused and motivated on occasion, but also guilty for not making it all, hehe. 

On 10/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, GoodDoug said:

I like your list, it is all over the place! (in a good way)

Congrats and I hope the hips feel better soon.

Thanks, it's ups and downs with the hips now. Starting to accept this is just reality until at least may or so. 

On 10/10/2019 at 3:35 PM, Rookie said:

I am starting to feel some unrest with an unorganized house and I think it is because I am realizing that with winter coming I am going to be more cooped up and stuck in it. So I appreciate your little quest of small goals. 

Congrats on the baby girl! :)

Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Ok so I was reading this really good fan fiction and then it was shall I update NF or just read? and obviously reading won mostly :P

The list I made for getting shit done; 

- track this weeks cooking and outside time

- write or work on photo albums at least 3x this week - I only jotted down some ideas 

- fold the four baskets of laundry that are sitting in my room right now - (I folded 5 but one of the originals is still sitting there)

- at least get started on packing away my normal clothes - (yea.... I at least got started)

- start a list of home improvements I'd like to get done before February - not yet..

- at least hang every time I'm at the gym

It wasn't great.. but something. I have to re-find the balance of being mild to myself but also kicking my ass a little bit. I spend a lot of Friday and Saturday just sleeping in or lying in bed reading, which was maybe a bit too much? I am not sure. Jaap said I must have really needed it. I don't know. Would I still have lazed as much if I didn't have such a good fic to read?

My best friend also had brain surgery on Thursday (low risk) to hopefully drastically improve her quality of life. it all went well! Even though it was low risk it was still quite scary and I was really glad to be able to visit on Sunday so I could hug the shit out of her. 

Ok for this week... 

- start a list of home improvements I'd like to get done before February

- finish up taxes for third quarter

- pack my bags, prepare for travel

- prep a list of things to speak up about at the meeting

- handle things at the competition 

- remember the social media obligations

• Like 7

I vote that the lounging was needed.  You're doing a LOT for someone who is pregnant and kicking arse while doing it but sometimes, your body just needs some recovery or some soul feeding hygge with a good book to build up your mental reserves. 

Sorry your hip pain has been getting in the way of workouts.  I was definitely frustrated once I hit the point in my pregnancy with munchkin where I couldn't jog anymore but remember you'll get it back once your adorable baby girl makes her way here.  Happy Tuesday!

• Like 1

Agreeing with the above folks and Jaap. :P Glad your friend's surgery went well! Phew, I'm nervous just thinking about something like that. 

Good luck to your athletes this week!!

• Like 1

I am so happy to hear about your friend! Surgery is always scary even if it is low risk. 

I can't say whether you needed that rest or not but it happened and you seem to be back to productive you so as long now so no harm done. Plus it sounds like you have a VERY busy week ahead of you.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! In the train to the airport at the moment, so I can’t do the usual quoting thing.

The surgery was very routine apparently with very minimal risk- which also seemed crazy to me because they drilled right from the top of her head to the base of her spine (to put in a drain for excess brain fluid). Crazy stuff! 

She is already feeling much better so we are planning an old school gaming weekend while her mother still has her kids :D We can borrow her brothers switch and he has Zelda breath of the wild- I’m concerned that game is so big we won’t get very far in 2 days.. anyone played it?

in other news- I started my list, did my taxes, packed my bags... and lost my passport... which made me feel terrible. I haven’t done anything like that in years! So I took the earliest train I could and should be able to get emergency travel documents at the airport. Cross your fingers if you read this in the next 4 hours ;) 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

should be able to get emergency travel documents at the airport

It's good tat they have this service.  I know they have that here for domestic travel, but only if you are a citizen.  Us foreigners have no such system

The emergency passport was actually no problem at all, very easy to get. And it’s bright pink. I don’t think they’d give the same service to non-citizens here either though. 

So I went from the Netherlands to Chezch republic by plane, then a second plane to Slovakia.. and then crossed the border on foot to Ukraine. Quite the adventure. But we have arrived and we were on time for weigh in despite being held at the border for 2 hours. It wasn’t entirely unexpected because we were leaving Europe. Makes you appreciate the ease of it more. ‘It’ being no real borders in Europe and the same currency and mobile internet wherever. 

On the plus side we just had pizza and drinks with 4 people and had to pay roughly 12€ which is around 15 dollars maybe?

• Like 4

On 10/15/2019 at 3:28 PM, KB Girl said:

I have to re-find the balance of being mild to myself but also kicking my ass a little bit.

It's always hard to assess from the "inside". From here it looks like you do a lot.

You get used to a rhythm and not having it may feel odd, lazy (maybe guilty?) but it's not really. This week I'm "fully resting" (still biking and going to 2 classes...) but I can tell my body is very much appreciating some rest.

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

which also seemed crazy to me because they drilled right from the top of her head to the base of her spine (to put in a drain for excess brain fluid). Crazy stuff! 

oh my :hopelessness: I hope she will recover quickly. Glad to hear it's minimal risk!

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It's good tat they have this service.  I know they have that here for domestic travel, but only if you are a citizen.  Us foreigners have no such system

I was also surprised. I heard E. can get a paper to travel internationally when they are processing his passport for visa renewal. But it was the first time I had ever heard of it and I was quite surprised.

Have a great trip!

On 10/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, KB Girl said:

The emergency passport was actually no problem at all, very easy to get. And it’s bright pink. I don’t think they’d give the same service to non-citizens here either though. 

Woo!

On 10/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, KB Girl said:

On the plus side we just had pizza and drinks with 4 people and had to pay roughly 12€ which is around 15 dollars maybe?

Scoooore! Excited to hear more about the trip when you guys get back! 

Time flew by! Sorry I haven't posted in so long.. I've been intensely processing everything and trying to catch up with work etc. and sleeping. x) 

I'll decide ASAP wether to put up a late challenge for this round. 

• Like 2

Hiiii and welcome back!! :D Still plenty of time to challenge - or at least, you know, to put up a post so we have a place to harrass follow you. :P 

• Haha 1