• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aθena

A. Redefinition

Welcome! In this episode of 'Don't fall off the bandwagon', I have decided to apply the same structure many have on NF. Seemed like I found it fun to edit the 0/100 pages reading goal last challenge. Let's see how this will go, I am genuinely curious. 

– GOALS –

Fitness and health:
*Now really, at least 2 times exercise per week.
*Eat optimally for my body. Eat ENOUGH during the day, so I can stop at 7 PM. Drink enough, eat enough vegetables and fruit. 
*Just take the damn micronaps if I have time and need them. Drowsily plowing on does not work for me.
*Meditate (micro-meditations count) daily.
*NEW: Do something TRULY and fully relaxing once a week. Lean into it and recharge.

Life
*Keep academic skills levelled/increase them (longer than 1 challenge period)

-(0/3) If not researching/writing, look for potential topics for Thesis No. 2. Boil it down to 3 topics. 
-(0/15) Find 5 relevant sources for each topic.
-(0/2 or 3, need to check) Check topics suggested by Supervisor No. 1. 

* (0/1) Switch to autumn wardrobe.

* (0/1) BONUS: Bake smth with almond flower.

* (0/1) BONUS: Finish the last summer organising task.

Why?
*To find my mind/body connection and balance. 
*To keep disproving my own limiting beliefs about what I can and cannot. 
*And never forget that - although nothing beats dedication and perspiration - there are also ways to work smarter and not harder. Always be aware of my surroundings and never lose sight of the bigger picture. 

• Like 2

– Monday, September 16th – Sunday, October 20th –

My planning needs to be clear, but simple and quick to keep up. I really like planning and/or evaluating things instead of actually doing them.

Week Zero
Studies related bottle necks in italics. I really need to catch up with readings and start revising lectures from the past two weeks. I will not be able to revise in bulk (later this period) properly, it's too much stuff, and I’m going for gold this year. All the more reason to make my body a little more resilient, or even anti-fragile.

To recharge with: a self-massage.

Week One, 16 September
From the middle of this week until the next I will be writing an essay on a – as far as I could judge by the practice essay – given statement and accompanied by unclear instructions.

>I will STILL get two times exercising in. My weekly squash lessons start this week, yay. I will have 7 total to refresh the basic techniques and rules.

To recharge with: a fysio massage.

Week Two, 23 September
Deadline 1. 

After deadline: find 1/3 topics for thesis no. 2. (Next week is the second and last collective group thesis session, if I understood correctly, and kind of want to have an idea to throw at the professor that leads the seminar/lecture.)

To recharge with: getting my hair did (Apparently the hairdresser(s) salon I am going to gives killer head massages. I guess that's the recharging theme these weeks.)

Week Three, 30 September
Deadline 2.

To recharge with: "home spa" treatment

Week Four, 7 October
Deadlin 2 (we get two weeks for it).

Revision, revision, revision.

To recharge with: "home spa" / longer meditation session

Week Five, 14 October
You get the drill. Repetition is the mother of knowledge, right?

To recharge with: a hot yoga trial lesson?

The future
In the weeks of the 28th of October and on the 4th of November I will have the other deadlines for this period. (I think week 1 and 2 of the challenge AFTER this one.)

If I do good I might treat myself to a faceless themed challenge, even though I am long far behind GoT.

Week Zero, 21 October

Revision, and so on.

Thing to look forward to:

Week One, 28 October

Revision, and so forth.

Thing to look forward to:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, analoggirl said:

and accompanied by unclear instructions.

It seems you know the drill by now :D

I like your format with specific tasks allocated for each week. 

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It seems you know the drill by now :D

Haha, yes! 8-)

When the official one is posted I will definitely ask questions and persuade other students to do the same. I am not one to complain easily, but I'd say a bit of student-teacher staff checks and balances is healthy.

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I like your format with specific tasks allocated for each week. 

:)

Ok, it is time to start this Thursday and see what I can do! First order(s) of business, take care of nose, make tea and do the dishes.

• Like 2

I was actually thinking about the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (because I am unlearning what my supposed limits are you know :p ) so it is fun you also got a hip hop vibe.

Today was not that great, both focus and sportsy motivation wise. Also last night and today I had major junk food cravings that I gave in to (two donuts, chips, a muffin with raisins topped with nutella). And it was not mindful at all. I just attacked them! Did not overeat, but still.

I sometimes do that when I am feeling kinda good. I felt kind of good in my shorts and thought I would act like the kind of person that does not gain weight and is immune to the human reaction to junk in system :p

Ok, I also ate vegetables, a banana, and got SOME chores and reading done. So the world has not fallen. 

Let's go! Dry hair, do one more chore and go to bed on time.

• Like 1

Switched fysio massage to selfmassage because the woman cancelled on me :p It happens, kind of a bummer though.

Also I had zumba today. I hoped that would be my superrelaxing thing but the instructor was the type that just does his thing and if you follow, ok. If not, also ok. I feel great having exercised but the best bit was doing part of my massage video for.... *drum roll* feet! Yeah, it is needed. 

• Like 2

So. Still some planning (and more executing) to do. Not on schedule.

Granted that I am still trying to enjoy the being outside as much as I can now that the weather is pretty much perfect for me. So less time indoors. And I cannot study easily in the garden. Well maybe lecture-to-flashcards style revision.

I exercised twice this week.

Been having more food cravings but trying to snack on stuff that does not make me spiral down to being a chocolate monster again. I had chocolate TODAY, but purposefully the type I do not like too much. Just enough that it can be said it is chocolate.

Overall having some quite nutritional desserts & snacks.

Tomorrow marks Monday of week 1. Let's go!

• Like 2

Grats to a good challenge start. Nutritional snacks is a good habit to build - it's so much easier to grab a handful of (unhealthy options), but definitely worth it to find things that fill you up. Much as I *want* to eat a bag of chips, I know I'll be more satiated with proteiny things like eggs or nut butters. You've got this. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 4:16 PM, analoggirl said:

the best bit was doing part of my massage video for.... *drum roll* feet! Yeah, it is needed. 

Ohhh, yes, that does sound great.

19 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Granted that I am still trying to enjoy the being outside as much as I can now that the weather is pretty much perfect for me. So less time indoors. And I cannot study easily in the garden. Well maybe lecture-to-flashcards style revision.

Garden flash cards sounds brilliant.

I exercised twice this week.

Woo.

Tomorrow marks Monday of week 1. Let's go!

Week one, let's goooo!

So far. (I can only check off most things after the day has ended, so it's an overview of Monday)

Fitness and health:
*(0/2) (bonus 0/1) times exercise per week.

*(1/7) opitmal fuel

(although I did have to buy two sandwiches to get there. Prepping on Sunday was late and I did it halfheartedly. Not enough easy veggies. (Baby carrots took long to chew, so did not eat all.)

*... micronaps needed? Taken when needed?

So far, no.

*(1/7) meditations

*(0/1) recharged this week.

(It's planned for Saturday.)

Life:

-(0/3) If not researching/writing, look for potential topics for Thesis No. 2. Boil it down to 3 topics. 

Yeah, playing a bit of a catch-up-game still, and there is an assignment to be published tomorrow, and I want to take Sunday off. (That's my motivation for just GTD'ing the hell of the assignment when it gets published.) Will see if I can look for topics the week after.

Gotta get that meditation in tonight. Along with the exercising, and eating well, and doing mini-yoga sessions, (and affirmations?) it's really doing good things to my sleep. 

• Like 3

On 9/17/2019 at 11:55 AM, analoggirl said:

Fitness and health:
*(1/2) (bonus 0/1) times exercise per week.

First squash lesson yay!

And quite active biking. I pushed myself when I noticed I had some give. Sometimes my legs work with me, sometimes not. When they do I forget to push myself when I am not in hurry.

*(4/7) opitmal fuel

Monday: had to buy 2 sandwiches. Ate after 7 too, had to try tasty beef stew (small bowl) with the rest of my carrots.

Wednesday: tackled two ice creams and chips.  I thought: meh. Then this is my one day a week freestyle day. Did not eat after 7pm.

Thursday: had some freshly baked Turkish  mini-pastries (rarity and tasty) and a piece of cake (was my dinner, my baby sis likes to pretend she has a birthday every so often). I rolled with it. Have had worst days. Ate lots of nutritious snacks, no lunch. Or those were my lunch. One of my snacks was smoked fish and paprika, just so you know. Sooo I guess I have two freestyle days this week. Oh well.

Did not eat after squash besides a few sunflower seeds with some TV. Drank enough water. Feel good.

Yes, (today) on w1 Thursday.

And on w1 Friday. Frantically looking where I can find an article in a footnote makes me sleepy, too...

*(3/7) meditations

pretty sure I missed Tuesday. 

*(0/1) recharged this week.

(This is planned for Saturday.)

Life:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Thursday: had some freshly baked Turkish  mini-pastries (rarity and tasty) and a piece of cake (was my dinner, my baby sis likes to pretend she has a birthday every so often). I rolled with it. Have had worst days. Ate lots of nutritious snacks, no lunch. Or those were my lunch. 

If it fits your macros... :) I love the "likes to pretend she has a birthday" concept, just for random silliness (which keeps one young, I feel). Looks like a pretty solid week so far. How was squash?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Manarelle said:

If it fits your macros... :) I love the "likes to pretend she has a birthday" concept, just for random silliness (which keeps one young, I feel). Looks like a pretty solid week so far. How was squash?

Hmm, I may need to check what my macros need to be. :) I believe mfp's recommended made feel good but dunno how that relates to getting me back to my healthy weight. 

Sporting already makes me look and feel better (energy wise but also looks). Maybe it is in my head like the emperor's new clothes but radiance / selfconfidence make you look better at any weight.

Squash... oh squash. It was quite fun. Not constantly playing bc we had 2 courts for 8 people (pretty standard for these courses but people are still learning too so it takes a bit more time). But that was good for my hand/wrist so yay.

My own train of thought:

I  enjoyed being noticeably better at something than others? The time slot is usually for beginner-beginners while I just found it convenient (is how the course instructors let people arrange their day). I was relaxed and happy to inspire. Just throwing that out there bc that used to make me feel self-concious. I mean it is small but I used to feel truly at my bed being at the back, leaning, looking up to others, striving to be better (but keeping expectations low! And laughing about my struggles.) Being able to laugh at yourself is smth I value highly but I was using it as a cover...

Whew that is quite the wall of text for one squash lesson. But the redefining myself this year is going pretty alright I'd say...

Sidenote: I will try to swing with my left hand next time.  The thing in my thumbs/arms got a little worse even though I was only sqeueezing the squash racket when needed (I used to either squeeze it or hold it loose  the last 2 courses, same with the 1 tennis course I did. Al of that prbably did not help my hand tendon thing that I did not know I had from ticking away on my phone so much. Is my own diagnose.)

I kinda cannot afford to feel pain there bc not all tests are on a computer,  and I need to write when I revise the material as well. Hm. Wonder how I will do with my left arm!

Also wonder when I will go to my fysiotherapist because I also need to have a potential shoulder/spine thing checked! (I have balanced it with good posture but still want to ask some things.)

The massage at noon today will be by another fysiotherapist, that one that lead the pilates lessons. So maybe I will ask her if there is time. She said I could pay extra if I wanted a longer massage :p I think I have a plan

• Like 2

So... Maybe I have kept snacking on sweet processed stuff (which is my main goal not to do more than once a week) like pastries/cake/cookies but I do not do it the whole day, I do not do it other than after meals and I do not do it afrer 7 pm. I also really enjoy them fully instead of being like an addict just WANTING to get it (besides on Wednesday).

I dunno. I will do better on Monday with travelling more & breathe deeply on Wednesday so I do not fall back again. Plan.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2019 at 1:34 AM, analoggirl said:

I  enjoyed being noticeably better at something than others? The time slot is usually for beginner-beginners while I just found it convenient (is how the course instructors let people arrange their day). I was relaxed and happy to inspire. Just throwing that out there bc that used to make me feel self-concious. I mean it is small but I used to feel truly at my bed being at the back, leaning, looking up to others, striving to be better (but keeping expectations low! And laughing about my struggles.) Being able to laugh at yourself is smth I value highly but I was using it as a cover...

Whew that is quite the wall of text for one squash lesson. But the redefining myself this year is going pretty alright I'd say...

Nothing wrong with being proud of your improvement. Seeing all your work paying off is a good way to motivate to hit a new goal. Congrats on getting better!

• Thanks 1

Right! I remember our conversation about that.

38 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Nothing wrong with being proud of your improvement. Seeing all your work paying off is a good way to motivate to hit a new goal. Congrats on getting better!

Thanks.

I will update my progress tomorrow.

Not the best of weeks but I already anticipated it. Deadline to an essay. There is always more information to find is my pitfall usually.

Now I started to write pretty soon during my research but god the topic is so... Let's say I could not find any sources with good arguments. In my eyes anyway.

Also because I am rusty with pure essay writing  analysing supporting and con arguments (not writing annotations with commentary on a case or something like that)  I feel like my style / lay-out is a bit high schooly.

Anyway. It is for "only" 30% of the mark. And I dislike thinking that way, but it is what it is. I have until Wednesday afternoon but I also have other course work to prepare.

Let's submit that essay, keep taking care of myself sleeping and eating well, recuperate, and then evaluate and regroup.

I know I have more in me than this, but I am júst balancing between this nd falling into old habits. So controlled pushes.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 11:55 AM, analoggirl said:

Challenge week 1

Fitness and health:
*(1/2) (bonus 0/1) times exercise per week.

Unfortunately, life happened and I chose spending time with fam over exercising. Did get a good walk in nature (we went to a type of animal farm/forest type of place).

*(6/7) opitmal fuel

Monday: had to buy 2 sandwiches. Ate after 7 too, had to try tasty beef stew (small bowl) with the rest of my carrots.

Wednesday: tackled two ice creams and chips.  I thought: meh. Then this is my one day a week freestyle day. Did not eat after 7pm.

Thursday: had some freshly baked Turkish  mini-pastries (rarity and tasty) and a piece of cake (was my dinner, my baby sis likes to pretend she has a birthday every so often). I rolled with it. Have had worst days. Ate lots of nutritious snacks, no lunch. Or those were my lunch. One of my snacks was smoked fish and paprika, just so you know. Sooo I guess I have two freestyle days this week. Oh well.

Did not eat after squash besides a few sunflower seeds with some TV. Drank enough water. Feel good.

Basically Wednesday-Sunday: I kept snacking, also things like cookies but again only after meals (better for my teeth) and I enjoyed them. Did not "need" them.

I ate once past seven and I did not feel nourished so 6 out of 7. I believe that was Friday after my library afternoon. Had not done veggie groceries yet. 

Thursday & Friday. Frantically looking where I can find an article in a footnote makes me sleepy.

*(5/7) meditations

This is an estimate.

*(1/1) recharged this week.
 Pretty nice massage. I started chatting but the masseur stopped me and we agreed I'd relax haha.

Life:

It's still game of catch(up). Ketchup? Mhm. 

I AM gtd'ing the assignment though. No Sunday off, just sunday afternoon. Lots of stuff to do but not letting it weigh me down. One foot in front of the other.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, analoggirl said:

I AM gtd'ing the assignment though. No Sunday off, just sunday afternoon. Lots of stuff to do but not letting it weigh me down. One foot in front of the other.

:encouragement:

Hmm. I am starring to slack on logging already :p as long as I feel ok I guess. Only things I need to keep watching are if I eat enough of the good stuff& exercise.

I wonder if I will ever have fun challenges. Maybe when I finish university life. But of course I will keep striving :')

I submitted my first assignment! Information about the second will be published on Monday. 

The plan for the rest of the week is to at least:

(1) Get my notes ready for & already start revising for one of the courses this week, 

(2) read and do the exrrcises for the courses next week

(3) Start reading general information on how to write the type of documentation we will have to write for the second assignment.

(4) and manage to exercise 3 times despite all the other stuff that needs to be done. 

I have to decide if I wanna go to a meeting tomorrow evening. Means I will have to miss squash and exercise earlier.

I am very curious though. Hm.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, analoggirl said:

have to decide if I wanna go to a meeting tomorrow evening. Means I will have to miss squash and exercise earlier.

I am very curious though. Hm.

Did neither of the three. Stayed at home, did a puzzle AND. A full yoga video with baby sis. That was funnnn. And I feel good with the stretches the lady on our fave yoga video does.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, analoggirl said:

Did neither of the three. Stayed at home, did a puzzle AND. A full yoga video with baby sis. That was funnnn. And I feel good with the stretches the lady on our fave yoga video does.

Aw, cute!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, analoggirl said:

All work and no play.... and when the play is both fun AND useful.... win win there. :) Glad you got to have some down time. 

• Like 1

Friday: ate alright, later than 7 pm bc I did not make it to eat before exercise

Exercised (zumba) was quite fun. Now that I knew the steps better and could focus on engaging all muscles, it was a better work-out than last time too :) (the intructor is a bit overzealous imo with keeping things interesting so I hope he does not change the choreography too soon :p)

did get some stuff done, but the plumber came and took longer than i expected. Afterwards I could not get myself to start back up on all gears, knowing I'd be having to pack up and go exercising in 2 hours. What if I went in flow mode and missed my workout again.

Need to work on that mentality. Every minute/page/flashcard counts! 2 hours is quite a bit of time... next time I can set an alarm to remind me ehen i need to pack up and leave so I can settle in my flow without worries.

Saturday: so far, happy with my brunch. Experimented with adding oatmeal and baking powder to my bananapancakes and a little milk. Ate them with chocolate paste & caramelsyrup. (Could not eat breakfast bc I had too chill of a morning, woke up at 6.30 AM but did things superslow :p It is weekend after all?)

Went to the hairdresser at 8.30 AM. Remembered to enjoy it! With the quality time yesterday & now the lovely calm hairdresser, I feel recharged. (Well, probably helps that I am keeping up with sleep and eating alright. You gotta do what you gotta do?)

Now, my desk is prepped. I do not need snacks just yet. The pancakes were filling! I do have water at the ready and comfy clothes. Let the prepping for next week + revision day begin!

• Like 3