Elastigirl Welcomes Autumn

Elastigirl

Seems like our weather is changing here already  Days are shorter, air is cooler, and I've already picked all our apples. Looking back over the summer, I've accomplished several goals, had fun with family and friends, and taken the time to sit in the sun and read good books. Now, I'm heading into Autumn and eager to see what happens this season.

Over the summer I was eating at a deficit. The main goal of deficit eating was for my weight to be low enough that I could relax  a bit about tracking and  just trust that the skills I have established with food will keep me at a good weight. I was going to do a thing where I made a goal to not track, but by now I am looking forward to it, so I'm not going to make it a  big goal. Maybe I'll just focus more on the mindset. Being grateful for my body and  choosing not to worry about gaining weight.

Cleaned out our garage this summer which was a big task, and also finished cleaning our guest room. This challenge I want to clean out our downstairs bathroom and our linen closet. Also, my brother in law is coming to stay with us for a little bit , and I need to make a bit more room for him to store clothes in the guest bedroom (small task)

I bought two new cookbooks. So I'm all excited. Sometimes, I just look at the books, and don't actually make the recipes. So this challenge, I want to make two new recipes. Also, this month our church is having a festival. We have a bake sale ,with profits going to  a day camp we run for kids with disabilities. This year for the first time, I volunteered to make and bring cookies. This is a big deal for me, as I never was a very good baker, and then when I went gluten free, it was even harder. But, I have a cookie recipe I like, that is fairly easy, so I'm going to do that.

I liked where I listed my goals for the week and then  reported on how I did. That helped my prioritize and settled my Ranger brain a bit.

I will continue my kettlebell workouts, my floating crow practice, and my  GMB vitamin .

End of challenge I will have:

Mari Kondo downstairs bathroom

Mari Kondo linen closet

clean out three drawers in guest bedroom

two new meals from cookbook

bake cookies for Heidelfest

plan December trip with hubby and son

finish weeding side garden

kept up with Bible reading be on track to read through Bible by year end

memorize one more Bible verse

move up a level in floating crow progression* (If I don't make this but have worked on it, still counts)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6Q9dN9uyRz4/UkW2r1CEWhI/AAAAAAAAHCw/PdyEwO4LGsY/s1600/Hiking+028.jpg

Hiking+028.jpg

• Like 13

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I love it! I feel like it's a good time of year to really make that push to purge and clean your house - it's nice to have it all just right as we move into the colder weather and spend more time indoors! It's on my list too :)

I love autumn, except for the part where it turns into winter!

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

8 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

I love it! I feel like it's a good time of year to really make that push to purge and clean your house - it's nice to have it all just right as we move into the colder weather and spend more time indoors! It's on my list too :)

I love autumn, except for the part where it turns into winter!

I usually feel that way too about winter. However, this winter we are going to Florida in December, and possibly Texas sometime too. Having that to look forward to helps with the winter blah days.It doesn't get cold here, just gray and rainy and super short days that makes me want to hibernate. But, in fall we usually have some very pleasant weather.

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Following!!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

On 9/13/2019 at 1:25 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

200w.gif

What part?

Dallas. That's more where @SheriffWolfpoollives, correct? My husband may have a business trip there some time .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raxie said:

Following! What cookbooks did you buy?

Ready or Not by Michell Tam (Nomnom Paleo

Against All Grains by Danielle Walker

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Dallas. That's more where @SheriffWolfpoollives, correct? My husband may have a business trip there some time .

Sloth, you were right. Wolfie lives in the Dallas area. I live about as far away as Seattle is from Spokane, but I garuntee the traffic on I-35 is worse than on I-90

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Sloth, you were right. Wolfie lives in the Dallas area. I live about as far away as Seattle is from Spokane, but I garuntee the traffic on I-35 is worse than on I-90

Worst traffic I’ve ever dealt with ever was a regular day on I-35 in between San Antonio and Dallas. I’m wondering how many days that trip will take after the 2024 eclipse.
  • Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

following! 

Marie Kondo ALL THE THINGS!

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

16 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Watch out for Wolfie, he’ll try to get you in the tub with him.

As I recall there was also a bottle of whisky involved with that too.:biggrin-new:

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I missed it, but is floating crow basically a tuck planche or something else? Also hi! 

Hi! In floating crow you keep the arms bent, and then place your knees inside your elbows instead of the outside. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

following! 

Marie Kondo ALL THE THINGS!

Yes!

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I find it hard to believe anywhere has less traffic than here. I used to think California traffic was awful, but we seems to be rivalling it here. Still,what you are saying is you live a pretty long distance from Dallas. Bummer, I was really hoping to see you ,Sra Tanque and Baby Tankita

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

As I recall there was also a bottle of whisky involved with that too.:biggrin-new:

That is completely unfair.

There was a bottle of Cognac too.

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yes!

I find it hard to believe anywhere has less traffic than here. I used to think California traffic was awful, but we seems to be rivalling it here. Still,what you are saying is you live a pretty long distance from Dallas. Bummer, I was really hoping to see you ,Sra Tanque and Baby Tankita

I was hoping the same.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I decided that last week Friday would be my last in deficit. Woke up Saturday had a reasonable sized breakfast, then did a easy Simple KB workout (Light TGUs and swings) along with  my crow practice.   Then had a protein shake. Then hubby and I went out to finish weeding. If I had thought of all that I needed to do, I wouldn't have worked out, but I was just thinking light weeding. We  finished up the area we were clearing last week. It was where my vegetable garden was. For a while . I just did simple weeding, while hubby took the harder task of lifting the cinder blocks (it was a raised bed) and getting all the compacted weeds and mud out. Which generally meant Mr Incredible lifted them in the air and then threw them down, dislodging the weeds. Then I helped him haul the cinder blocks out of the garden area. Then we worked on pulling out all our raspberries. We've enjoyed the raspberries, but they grow like weeds, and we have always had a fight to contain them. We decided we were done. Pulling them was hard work. We've had tons of rain, so the ground was muddy and hard. After that, we laid weed cloth, and then put in the ground staples to keep the weed cloth down. That was hard too, because there was a layer of mud and gravel. But now it is ready for the winter. In the spring, we will lay some pretty rock and then build a garden shed.

I came in that day and ate tons of lunch. Partly hunger and partly I don't have to monitor anymore feelings after having restricting. Then we went out and  did a little more yard work. That evening we went out to hamburgers. By that time, I was over the feeling of wanting to eat all the things. I ordered what seemed to be a reasonable amount of food and ate it. Small hamburger with avocado (yum) and split the order of sweet potato fries with hubby. Oh, and went to the store and bought a dark chocolate bar to split.

Sunday was good too. Church, relaxing, and visiting with my sister and nieces and nephew. They just got back from a trip and they were shopping at an antique store and saw something and got it for us. It was an ammo can- which if you don't know is what is a common thing for geocachers to use to have the caches they make. So, now we have a reason to actually make and hide a cache.

Today has been good. Walked twice, worked out,  and making sensible eating choices.

• Like 8

Sounds like you had a great weekend!  Yard work never seems like it's going to be too bad, but then it always ends up being a workout of it's own!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)