• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck learns to Reckless Attack [Barbarian Mode]

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

These are proving harder.  I also don't know what to consider 'outgoing enough.   Some things I did this week, that I had not done last week.  Would these?  Should these count?

Hell yeah those count!

• Like 1

Also, sounds like you are recklessly attacking these goals, so no wonder you failed your saving throw against the snack table! Great job, and glad to see you doing well.

• Like 1

I did a good thing last night.   Well, I had a lot going on right after work (cut the grass, draw, dinner, dishes) before hopping on to some ESO with my nephew.   I set an alarm to stop at 10pm so I could finish up the last bit of the art thing I was working on.   And I did!

Young Jyotika during one of her arcane lessons with the Disciple of Asmodeus.

She just never took to it of course, but his cat Hermes took to her.   (Yes, he was a GIANT cat.)

jyotika_and_hermes_by_lilwolfe006_ddgwjl

• Like 7

Squeeee I love little Jyo so much!

And those are definitely awesome ways to reach out of your comfort zone, you're killing it :)

• Like 1

A day in the life of Jyotika...

Another stack of dishes had been handed over to the young genasi at the mercenary camp.     Of course it just had to be the two two Scayle brothers.    "Hey Tomas, ya heard about the pot calling the kettle black?   This is a case of the pot calling the pot washer black!"     There was a twitch of fire that ran through her veins, but Jyotika just took the pans and moved them to the rest of the stack.  

"Oh.... nice BURN, Matty!"  The other brother laughed, "Get it?  Burn?  She looks like she's been burned!"

And that was the straw that day.   The neatly stacked pots, pans, bowls and tankards were given a solid kick that sent them scattering in every direction.   And sent the boys running off in a fit of laughter.

State of the Challenge.

I am rewriting it!   All of it!   You can't stop me when I am raging!    Reckless attack indeed!  Less thinking!  Less numbers!  Less doing the dishes of dirty boys!!!    In short, I am not handling all my plates at once very well right now, and I can either 'check out until next challenge' or just approach this like the barbarian I am!

New goal:

Do good things well, every day!

Each thing I do is a bonus to my +hit on an attack.  

Base to start will be +10 so I don't let random die rolls affect my outcome.

So long as I keep hitting things, I keep my rage going!

I have a trip starting next week, things I do on the trip will be different than normal routine things.   So yeah, let's just roll with it.

Random list of things that count. (More to be thought of as they come up.)

Exercise (any kind) +1

Art (any kind) +1

Keeping up with my BuJo and daily organization.  +1

Eating like an a-hole  -2

Yes, the last one is actually a negative modifier, and it's worth more than the others because I know that is the single biggest hurdle for me.    It will take some honesty to keep track of when the a$$hole eater appears, but if I want to keep things simple, then I have to bear the burden of honest self-reflection on that particular modifier.

Monday's Encounter  AC 14

+1 Bike Ride

+1 Art

+1 BuJo

+1 Paid all Bills

+2 Went to the chiro!

Food - Fine

Total +6 to hit!   Success!

Let's try this on for size, eh!?

5e_genasi.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

State of the Challenge.

I am rewriting it!   All of it!   You can't stop me when I am raging!    Reckless attack indeed!  Less thinking!  Less numbers!  Less doing the dishes of dirty boys!!!    In short, I am not handling all my plates at once very well right now, and I can either 'check out until next challenge' or just approach this like the barbarian I am!

STARPUCK SMASH!

source.gif

• Like 2

Feeling much better about things right now.

Tuesday's Encounter  AC 14

+1 Dance

+1 Art (tablet)

+1 BuJo

+1 Inktober

Food - Fine

Another hit!   The rage continues!

I managed to get the first day of #Inktober done!  Today's prompt was Ring.   Admittedly, the One Ring was the first to come to mind, but @Jarric drew a lovely one of those and I wanted to be different!  (Darn him for being 6 hours ahead of me!)   So, here was today's take on "ring".     I never work with ink, and I am just so rusty in general, but there it is.

20191001_164053.jpg

I also spent about 25 minutes working on digitally inking my Chibi art for the Warhammer characters Solla and Hermann.     I got some dancing in today after work, after bailing on lunch time exercise due to being really sore from yesterday's chiro visit.      I used the time to fetch a cooler and on-sale water for the trip, so huzzah there.

Played ESO with my nephew and friend, but logged at 10:30 so I could do art.   Now, posting here, washing face and in bed by 11:20 bedtime.

Also, I didn't snack after dinner.  First time in ... I can't even remember how long... maybe months and months, I didn't do that.   I am feeling a little noshy, but more tired than hungry so I will just go sleep.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Also, I didn't snack after dinner.  First time in ... I can't even remember how long... maybe months and months, I didn't do that.

A good start to the restart of your challenge! Take things in stride and baby step your way to victory because at the end of the day, a win is a win :D! 

Image result for you go girl gif

Wolf

• Like 2

Wednesday's Encounter  AC 16

+1 Lift

+1 Art (tablet)

+1 BuJo

+1 Inktober

+2 Epsom Bath

+1 Trip Stuff

Food - Fine

Higher AC today because I knew that getting me to soak in a tub for 20 minutes was going to be a challenge.   So AC went up, and I marked that getting that done would be worth a +2.    Done and done!      Total to hit +7

SUCCESS.

Today's #inktober prompt was Mindless.   Young mindflayer stealing a snack before dinner. :)

20191002_151229.jpg

I also finished inking, coloring and finalizing my Warhammer Fantasy character chibi style.   This is Solla and her trusted pal Hermann.

solla_and_hermann_chibi_by_lilwolfe006_ddhgt5u-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzI3IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjM2Yjg2ZTItNjEzZC00NDU3LWI0YmItNWIyZDAzNGE2NWQ3XC9kZGhndDV1LTkxZGUwMjAxLTRmOTctNDk4MC05YzU5LTZlYTQ3ZGU1NzNkYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.JTB5o2hC3dgdkr6_5nSEqqqmGl4eQgddu1W1UY0BIXU

• Like 2

Thursday's Encounter  AC 14

+1 Run

+1 BuJo

+1 Inktober

+1 Super Busy Work - kept good attitude!

+1 Ate leftovers instead of going out before D&D

-1 Food Challenge

Total to hit +4.

Barely made it but still raging!

Food - Solid up until gaming.    I didn't totally botch gaming though - I did better than I have in weeks, so I am taking off just -1 (instead of -2).

Gaming snacks were: Glass of milk, 3 cookies, 1.5 donuts.  2 pretzel rods.    (Over 4 hours of gaming.)   Had I eaten 3 cookies and 1 donut, or 1.5 donuts and only 2 cookies, I feel it would have been fine.     So close...

Inktober art did not turn out to my satisfaction today; but like gainz and lifting, not all sessions produce a noticeable improvement.    Prompt was Bait.

The head is too big I think.  Or body too small!   Idea was cute.   Shading was eh.    Back half of the dragon was solid at least.

20191003_164636.jpg?width=652&height=412

• Like 3

Thanks for posting your Inktober drawings, they are great.

For the gaming food, would it make sense to look at the available food when you get there, decide, "I will have one of these, two of these and if I really need it... I'll have another one of those." Then wait, knowing that you can have those things... later. I know that would work sometimes for me and other times it wouldn't, but, for me, it would help.

I like this new tracking style, I think it is simple and makes things very doable. Keep crushing it.

• Like 1

Friday's Encounter

AC 15

+1 Lift

+1 BuJo

+1 Inktober

+1 Laundry

+1 Packed for Trip

+1 D&D Prep

Food was a-okay.

Total to hit +6

Slightly higher AC since today would be 5th straight day of working out and I usually get a little lazy by now.  I did push myself to get back there, so I feel good about that!  First time in weeks, I managed two lifts in the same work week.   Course, just as I get this habit going again, I go on a 6 day trip that I can, at best (and not likely) do some body weight stuff so I don't lose my baby regains.

Had so much to do after work today since I leave on Tuesday at 5am, but run my game tomorrow from 5-10, and have a chiro in the morning, and need to get the car ready.   I opted to do all my laundry and pack tonight!    Will just need to pack up the tech stuff later this weekend.   I do still have work on Monday after all.

Had a better day of #inktober with a fan art of Shoto Todoroki from My Hero Academia!

20191004_154635.jpg

I've readied my maps and reread over what is going on for tomorrow's D&D session, and while I am not feeling wholly prepared, my brain is just so tired from everything else and I want to shut down for the night.   I won't have time to do anything else tomorrow between chiro - then heading to game house to do pre game foods and then run the show - so I might have to wing it, or take this to the bed and just jot down some chill ideas and info dumps.

Yup. I think that's the plan. LOL.

Tomorrow's Inktober is going to be hard to fit in with my schedule.   Also - with no exercise on the docket, if I set my AC too high, I am setting myself for failure.    Hmm.   Only trouble with this mode of tracking lol.

• Like 3

So... the weekend got another critical hit on me.  Not only am I not raging, I've been knocked out and failed two death saves.  -.-

It's the availability of junk food that makes it too big an obstacle.   And the fact I really like junk food.   I've asked the table if we can pare it down because all of us are in our 30-40's and well, we could use some help on the waistlines- if not shrinking them, then keeping them happy.   They all agreed.

I also think that this weekend in particular was just doomed to fail in that regard.    Final weekend before my road trip where I handle all the planning and am also herding three other travelers, one of which I've never traveled with before, and another that I have once, and tends to go overboard with packing and plotting.  :P     Add in running my D&D game Saturday night, and having a day planned out with my sis for Sunday and there wasn't much room for other stuff.

In fact, all I did get done (and thank god I did all 5 exercise days during the week) was hit the chiro on Saturday, and get my #inktober's done.  Granted, both Sat/Sun were actually drawn today.    So that's all I got to show for you is that!

#build     --A construct of some sort?

20191006_154423.jpg

#husky  -- A husky punk lady dwarf with a 5'o clock shadow. ;D

20191006_203933.jpg

• Like 3

I love your drawings. Has doing this Inktober challenge helped you get more comfortable with inks?

I understand the struggles with junk food availability, this weekend was my youngest daughter's tenth birthday party... and a bunch of really active 10 year olds can handle tons of junky snack food much better than this almost 50 year old office worker. 

I used to say when I was younger that the way to avoid temptation was to avoid temptation. Not having it around is the only way to not succumb to it, so good for you for bringing it up with your group, I hope it helps.

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

I love your drawings. Has doing this Inktober challenge helped you get more comfortable with inks?

I understand the struggles with junk food availability, this weekend was my youngest daughter's tenth birthday party... and a bunch of really active 10 year olds can handle tons of junky snack food much better than this almost 50 year old office worker. 

I used to say when I was younger that the way to avoid temptation was to avoid temptation. Not having it around is the only way to not succumb to it, so good for you for bringing it up with your group, I hope it helps.

Haha, ink terrifies me still!    It's so permanent.   And I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to shading with inks.  I just saw a few tutorial images showing lines and cross lines for hatching... and I'm like... derp, ok!      I do enjoy how some of them have turned out though.  They are oddly satisfying in their crisp simplicity.

As for the temptation - yeah.  I can get to a point where I manage it better with it around, but right now I am not at that point.  Need to curb it back a lot, then I should be able to manage a small taste of this or that.   Maybe.  :P

Going on a road trip tomorrow through Sunday certainly doesn't paint a lot of hope for keeping things sane.   But hey... road trips!!!  Special occasion. :)

• Like 2

It's 9:04 and I am all ready for our 5:30am start tomorrow.  With some luck, I'll be able to fall asleep by 10... ugh, not holding my breath.  Always so hard the night before.

I did get a nice #inktober done today and I am going to use the last of my 45 minutes awake to get tomorrow's done, since I know I wont have time tomorrow.

Today's word was Enchanted.

20191007_164514.jpg

Probably won't check in until I get back because I try to disconnect from tech stuff and media when on a national park trip.    So, you all be good, and when I get back, and we start that next challenge... you better be ready for SUPER HARD CORE EPIC MODE Starpuck!

• Like 3

Soooo, you know the drill.  Vacation in the middle of a challenge, means all hell breaks loose and you just coast until the next one.

But since, not everyone follows me on all my places, I figured I'd at least share the #inktober stuff from here on out.

EGUw7kzXkAAzXIu?format=jpg&name=large       EGmnXN2WsAEce7Z?format=jpg&name=medium

EGoPaM-XYAAw-cJ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  EGuUQuSWsAAdJbM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EGuZ3ogWsAAoBG9?format=jpg&name=4096x4096   EG5EVVnWoAAStcf?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EG8Oho1X0AAGSub?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  EG-NOTbXkAEegWI?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

Puck, your skill is really good. We mostly get to see character portraits and anime style from your tablet, and they are good. Your inks are VERY GOOD.  "Overgrown" especially tells me you have been selling yourself short on your ability to do backgrounds. Also, the woodgrain on the snowglobe really draws my eye. The cigarettes from ash are perfect. The crumpled one FEELS crumpled; I can visualize someone stubbing out that particular cigarette. The crosshatch shading under the ashtray looks professional.

I also see the potential to get even better. Please keep inking.

You good at arting.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks Tank!   It's funny because it's such a foreign medium to me, and I am sooo untrained in it.  I'm mostly just perusing the internet to see how others do it, and taking my best guess as to where shading should happen and if it should be a hatching, or a cross hatching or a squiggle and ... it's SO PERMANENT!   (Kinda of a good lesson for me, to learn to accept things that are imperfect, and still find value in them.)    I'm really glad you like them.  Thanks for sharing such lovely thoughts on it for me.

Since new challenge threads are up, I am going to post the last few pics here and then start putting them on new thread going forward.

EHCelJCX4AApSyr?format=jpg&name=medium  EHHI8zbXkAMGYMF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EHMINHbXUAMl_Qy?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  EHSnq4bWkAIiGXl?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EHXQCYwX0AAuMJN?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Looking forward to starting a new challenge.  

• Like 2