• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mcshannon

McShannon level 1 again

I have also started a journal so will see what I share where.

BACKGROUND

past

• did TKD for 10 years in that time ran an academy for a few years
  • early 20s lean high endurance weight 160-180
  • been married 12 years this year
  • After leaving TKD and moving spent 5 years working in an industrial setting

RECENT/PRESENT

• 233 LB  5'11' male
  • Two daughter
  • married
  • Profession insurance odd schedule, no built-in fitness
  • fitness this year, the only consistency is walking
  • I am a vegetarian

NINJA DISAPLEN Consistent weight loss through good nutrition get 224LB (today weighed in at 229 LB)

• Food intake will be tracked daily
  • calorie target (revaluated number every two weeks based on body response and fitness aiming for 500 calorie deficit) current 1500 daily
  • quality food  daily veggies
  • calories 20-35% protein

Secondary

Apocalypse fitness 

• Min 4 15 min+ workouts per week
  • Sword, kicks, punches, simple strength
  • Get gym membership start to plan weight strength (this will be focus later)

other 

Get a foundation for work to be ready going into AEP (Medicare main season OCT 15th-DEC 7th) 

• Preform at gym partner
  • add more events for gym Greenville and add other locations
  • Add 4 more places with events

This week was the first week on my reboot, this time I am doing nutrition as primary, and fitness as a secondary. With that in this first 5 week, I am not set much for the fitness, just a little to keep focused on my eating.

Hurdles

• Sisters wedding and accompanying events, keeping at or near on those three days
  • Keeping control minimum cheese, breads/pastas
  • knowing I do not need sugar treats big or small 

• Like 3

First week passed since reboot.

I had a wedding party that I did ok at, think I could have limited my second plate and I need to learn it is ok to waist food more often when I realize I have had enough.

Also had a long tabletop game day, this forced off eating. I prepared with light eating before, while there had a filler with a banana. When it came to the main I did eat pizza but I am ok with doing so infrequently at group gatherings. They were medium pizzas I stopped my self at  4 slices (cheese pizza) some may find that a lot, but for me that was control knowing there was still more.

Weight update

Last week Sunday scale said 233, but Monday 231 think Sunday's may have been more a fluke.

This morning 

228 LB

3-5 LB drop

woot woot

over obviously happy with weight drop, more so happy with nutrition. Still learning tricks for me

Attached two days eating, very simple and boring mostly, good for me.

Screenshot_20190916-091415_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20190916-091426_Fitbit.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

Heya, how's the food logging going?  Your posts make me want to start doing that again :) 

I am enjoying logging and watching calories and macros. I know many think it is a burden, for me it feels like part of my RPG or RPLife. It is my resource management.

Update.

Doing well

Week back one 3 LB loss, two 2 LB loss

Down 5LB 226 this morning.

Also seem losing Fat!

Home body fat % test

09/13/2019.    229LB.   30% body

09/23/2019.    226LB.   28.6%

My nutrition has three focuses

Calorie count- current 1500

Macros - about 25-30% protein 

Food types- minimum sugar, preservatives, unknowns, breads

Some one or two days week I eat something fun that slacks on one item on food types, and some times that lowers protein for that day.

Sunday is my D&D meetup this week I ate my full 2000 calories with D&D night but that is ok ones a weekish.

20190923_075056.jpg

Screenshot_20190921-200531_Fitbit.jpg

This finished week, I was doing well and was down to 224.4 Sunday morning. 

Sunday we ate out, had a birthday, and D&D... so that was an off day.

back to 226.x this morning. I think it will go back down quickly will see what it is tomorrow after one clean day.

At this point think I will be down to 220 at the end of this challenge now.

the scale this morning was 222.6!

so recovered and then some from Sundays food. also, that is over 10-pound loss from the high 233 weight. I think 233 was a tempory high, but it was still on the scale. 

Note I started one week before this 5-week challenge... so I am on a 6-week challenge...

I have not been entering my food when it is a common day, mostly just for off days to keep in check as much as can.

This weekend will be well off:

- Friday Sisters prewedding party and food.

-Saturday will have party food with 5 guests over most of the day. (plan to keep reasonable with veggie and fruit tray lunch)

-Sunday sisters wedding so wedding food...

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, Mcshannon said:

Mon & Tuesday good, I treated myself with the impossible burger after a work success, after but I adjusted my eating for the day to stay in parameters.   

I've been wanting to try impossible burger for a long time. Three separate times I've gone to places that were supposed to have them but were out. Some day....

I guess it really is an impossible burger. Impossible for  me to find :-(

On 10/2/2019 at 1:57 PM, Mcshannon said:

the scale this morning was 222.6!

so recovered and then some from Sundays food. also, that is over 10-pound loss from the high 233 weight. I think 233 was a tempory high, but it was still on the scale. 

Note I started one week before this 5-week challenge... so I am on a 6-week challenge...

I have not been entering my food when it is a common day, mostly just for off days to keep in check as much as can.

This weekend will be well off:

- Friday Sisters prewedding party and food.

-Saturday will have party food with 5 guests over most of the day. (plan to keep reasonable with veggie and fruit tray lunch)

-Sunday sisters wedding so wedding food...

Great job. Hope you got through the weekend ok. If nothing else, hope you had lots of fun!

I am down on weight yesterday and today, I will wait until after the weekend to post weight. We got birthday food today, and d&d tomorrow. Should still be down.

I have not been tracking as much recently but staying aware. I may try and get back to tracking next week.

Work is starting to pump up AEP is starting next week for Medicare and Open enrollment will soon after for under 65. I had an early (62) retireiry call me from large local employer had a good time helping him plan already getting refferals.

• Like 1

218.5 LB this morning 

Enjoyed tracking detailedly for a bit, it helped learn what can add up.

Still finding how I will workout.

Work is going well, now during busy time of AEP. The big step for health is finding balance and eating well while mobile.

• Like 2

sounds like a successful challenge overall! I agree with you about tracking...you can definitely learn a lot.

Figuring out the best workout strategy for you can take a while and can change over time. Sounds like something you can continue experimenting with.

Hope to see you on the forums next challenge!

• Like 1