My Rebuild!

Hi guys,

Complete noob here in just about everything health and fitness so please bare with me on this never ending journey :P.

I have never really been "active", the easy way has always been the way for me. So many times before I have decided to try and get my sh*t together and every time i have been unsuccessful, this log will be a place for me to keep track of what i'm doing and hopefully spur me on to continue. My goal is to become better in tune with my body and to create a healthier body, I don't have any specific goals in terms of physique, weight, sport etc, I will post as often as i can and hopefully i will have done something towards my goal of being healthier inside and out.

height/beginning weight:

5 ft 9

13 st 2 lb (roughly 83.8 kg, 184.8 lbs)

Current weight:

181.5 lbs

Goal weight:

160 lbs

• Like 1

So today I have been doing squats through out the day in sets of 5 (I'm weak btw) in a "Greasing the Groove" style, I have tried this before with some success and i decided to ease into some training with this. I also had the biggest shock of my life today when i followed a beginner yoga video on youtube, I did it with the expectation of it being a bit easy and I must say i'm absolutely humbled never in my life did i think it would be as challenging as it was, I felt good throughout but i could feel "the burn" in my arms when doing a position (Something dog?).

Food wise I've done OK i suppose Porridge oats for breakfast, Ham sandwich with an apple for lunch, pork with carrots and potatoes for dinner. I had a green tea for the first time ever and if i'm honest it tastes no different to regular tea to me which is a bonus :) 

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Today was awful for me I've been very negative towards my self thinking "what's the point ?" and things such as "this is gonna take forever" so yeah... Day 2 of my log and i'm already throwing a wobbly, I posted here today just because i want to build the habit but all in all it's been an awful day.

I've walked about 2 miles and ate roughly 4.5k calories of absolute crap, I don't know why i just binge eat some times probably twice a week where i can consume up to 6k calories which is ridiculous. On to the next i suppose. :)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Asumlad said:

"this is gonna take forever"

That's a forever time of feeling great and being able to perform all kinds of things that you wouldn't have envisioned yourself doing before, sounds worth it to me. :)

Keep at it, you've had a good start and there's a reason you went for this start in the first place. Steve's right that knowing our big why is essential to keep us going. Is being active something you truly want for yourself or just something that's said to be good and that you should be doing?

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

19 hours ago, Jean said:

That's a forever time of feeling great and being able to perform all kinds of things that you wouldn't have envisioned yourself doing before, sounds worth it to me. :)

Keep at it, you've had a good start and there's a reason you went for this start in the first place. Steve's right that knowing our big why is essential to keep us going. Is being active something you truly want for yourself or just something that's said to be good and that you should be doing?

Hi thank you for your reply it means a lot, I think i am struggling with my reason why to be honest, I have reasons, they just aren't pushing me enough. :(

Hi guys,

Today I ate pretty well around 1600 kcals or a little less, I'd of liked to have been closer to 1800 but never mind it's better than yesterday that's for sure, I did some walking today which is fine but i don't feel it does anything because im so used to walking anyway. I need to do a little more in terms of exercise not for body composition but for strength, stamina and better mood :)

Have a good day all.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Didn't post yesterday because i wasn't feeling well, I've hurt my back not sure how but never mind ill rest a few days.

Yesterday and today I ate pretty good around 1800 kcals and did some walking which is good, even though i had that one day where i ate like a pig I do think i will have lost some weight.

I really need to bring some exercise in to my life that isn't walking i just find it hard to keep doing it. :(

Have a good day/night all :)

• Like 1

Hey,

How's it going? I weighed my self and I've lost 3 lbs, putting me somewhere  between 181-182 lbs. I have been doing roughly 50 push ups/sit ups throughout the day today and yesterday, just easing into it 10 here and 10 there, I think my first goal will be to get down to 160lbs just so i have something to work towards.

Have a good day/night all.

• Like 1