• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Halfway

Starter pains

Hi,

New person here, and my goal is to get stronger, weight loss is a plus on the way. Thing is I am currently knocking about 115kg of mostly fat, and I am to go gym every 2 days, but whenever I do squats I can barely move my legs for up to 5 days sometimes, which i think is way too slow to heal, am I doing something wrong in my diet? Any tips please? Sorry for long post.

Welcome to NF. There’s not enough information here to tell what’s going on. But five days seems pretty excessive.

I’d guess it’s the DOMS. You asked about nutrition, make sure you’re getting enough protein and water afterwards. Also do some foam rolling, keep moving around (walking), and keep working out.

Good luck.

If you're experiencing pain after squats, it could be delayed muscle soreness (as Sloth has already mentioned), or it could be due to poor form - or possibly trying a variation that's too advanced for you right now. There's really no way for us to know, but if you want to post a video in form check someone can at least give some tips. If squats are too much for you right now, you could try a leg press machine instead.

If it's the muscle soreness, that's always worst when you first start a new routine - it should fade some, over time. You can speed it along by making sure you're active even on rest days (go for a walk outside, attend a yoga class, take the stairs when you can, etc) to improve blood flow to the area, sleeping enough, drinking more water, eating well for recovery (fruit, veg, and enough protein), and not staying still/sitting for extended periods of time (eg. get up every hour and move a bit if you work at a desk).