Cue montage music!

Hello!

I'm Ono, and I'm a 31 year old woman living in Australia.  I've been lurking around NF for years, finally decided to throw my hat into the ring and jump into the community here!  My nerd status is mostly video games, and in that mostly RPGs, and a lot of world of warcraft.  Though right now I'm sitting on my hands waiting very excitedly for Cyberpunk 2077!

I've been obese most of my adult life, and at least overweight for as long as I can remember.  Hit my ultimate low point earlier this year when I weighed in at 190kg.  That's an insane weight, I couldn't believe I'd let things get so bad.  Since then I've been working on developing a better relationship with food, and I've dropped down to 175kg.  I've still got a long way to go but I know I'm heading in the right direction!  But losing the weight isn't enough for me, long term.  I have the (mis)fortune of being a total completionist, so I naturally want to achieve all of the things!  I want to be strong, and agile, and have good endurance, not just slim.

I'm also pretty unlucky that I have chronic pain, which after 14 years the doctors have changed their mind on what's causing it (originally it was rheumatoid arthritis) and now I'm having to jump through the diagnosis hoops all over again.  It adds limitations on what I'm capable of and how hard I can push myself, but that doesn't mean I can't find those limitations and do everything I possibly can to be the best version of me.  Plus if it is the arthritis, having good muscle strength, not carrying around all the excess weight, and generally being healthy, is a long term benefit, not an extra damaging factor.

It's going to be a pretty long training montage, for sure.  But there's no reason I can't do all of the things I want to do, at least to some extent!  I'm here for the long haul, not looking for any quick fixes, just trying to make some friends and share in some awesomeness!

On 10/3/2019 at 7:41 AM, Onorexis said:

It's going to be a pretty long training montage, for sure.  But there's no reason I can't do all of the things I want to do, at least to some extent!  I'm here for the long haul, not looking for any quick fixes, just trying to make some friends and share in some awesomeness!

That is the best way of looking at this whole journey that I've ever heard! :P 

326590998_giphy(4).gif.1ac6b4b2c3eb5f1ea6df238255697b92.gif

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...