• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mel The Hangry

Stair workout alternatives?

After walking up & down stairs for 5 days straight (cruise) to the point of screaming calves, I've noticed the tiniest definition on my stomach, how can I reproduce this exercise without access to stairs?

Failing just using public stairs (which are usually pretty easy to find), you can use a mini stepper machine. Or you can just do a whole bunch of step ups if you like, with a milk crate or whatever other sturdy stool/step you can find. Or you could simply walk briskly for the same amount of time that you were climbing stairs. Or use an elliptical or treadmill if that's more accessible. Or you could take up hiking on a regular basis. Or you could try cycling. Really, honestly any kind of regular activity should see your fitness improve!

If you're looking specifically for 'stomach definition', well....stairs really don't do much for core work, unless you don't brace your core while walking/moving about normally, and the stairs forced you into a better posture. Apart from that, any definition you may be seeing is likely from a slight amount of fat loss - at which point your best choice to see that effect is to eat enough protein, program in some resistance training, do a range of high intensity or low intensity cardio work, get enough quality sleep, and eat marginally below your caloric maintenance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:24 AM, Defining said:

stairs really don't do much for core work, unless you don't brace your core while walking/moving about normally, and the stairs forced you into a better posture.

Thank you, I do think that the stairs forced me into better posture and that's why I saw differences, I'll definitely try your tips.