This will be a bit rambly but here we go.

2019 has been a HELL of a year. I'm 29 now but living on my own for the first time since 2013 when I was in college. I married in December and this year has been 10 months of me constantly seeing the undesirable parts of me glaring and sometimes bad. How my habits of procrastination and running away from problems that used to manifest as a late assignment or an all nighter to make up for putting off a project, now are manifesting in much more punishing ways. How my tendency to respond to issues immediately with a brief lashing out similar to a dog snapping out of fear is affecting my relationships.

It's wonderful, but... It's painful and I've had several periods of feeling quite down. It's ok, I'm trying to look at it from a positive direction and this light that illuminating all of my undesirable traits is also allowing me to see them, to be painfully aware of them and to change them but change is difficult.

Combine that with my reading of "I Will Teach you To Be Rich" and the subconscious scripts that Ramit Sethi discusses has forced me to be more aware of the things I say to myself either to no one or directly addressing myself. I'm becoming more aware of my own problems. However it's like the state of learned-ignorance in that I can recognize my screwups... Usually AFTER the screwup at worst and during it at best.

Most importantly I recognize the two wolves inside me. They're distinct and well outlined,l with a force inside me that wants to be better, that wants to be more, and another force that wants to be lazy, run away, procrastinate, and play games. It's a good thing to recognize but that second wolf sucks.

Bringing this full circle to the title that I'm sure some recognized was My Hero Academia. I just started the show with my wife and, while childish, it really makes me feel hopeful, All Might has corny but sagely advice to young Midoriya. All Might is probably the hero I most think I've ever idolized. At least at this point in the show (1st season). I'm sure that'll change as I get into the show but I wanna be like him hahaha.

But my mind immediately created a connection between the Rebellion forum and UA where both have groups of driven individuals hoping to change for the better. I hope to be a more regular member of this community and... I'm kind of out of steam now, thank you for following this rambling :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You can become a Hero.