Racing again

so I signed up for a race.

https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-carrera-por-montana/zzts-ruta-del-cobre-sprinttrail-2020-42194721

10k, off road, Jan 12. Two friends are supposed to be doing it with me. I know the areas it goes through, more or less. It's very near where I live It was going to be downhill then uphill, but they've changed the start point and the route, so now it's up, then flatish, then down. I think I'm going to 'powerhike' the steep km from km 2.5 to km 3.5.

This will be my first organized event since a 5k in.... 2016? After a couple of bad years (declining perfromance, injury, weight gain) for a couple of years I've been training seriously since April, and I think for January I'll be ready to make a respectable go of it.

My training plan: Each week, one heard, one long, two easy. Hard is either intervals or a tempo run of around race distance but on the flat, at around 115% of target pace, or intervals at around 90% of target pace. Long is quite often a serious hike (700m+ ascent, going hard). Easy is really easy, 6-7k, 130% or more of target race pace. Crosstraining? What's that?

• Like 1

Level 1 Norse-Gael Minotaur driscool of the Valley of the Arroyomalhuele, otherwise Paradise Keep, otherwise the House of the Clan Huracan. 

me or the future: who blinks first?

STR 4 | STA 4  | CON 3 | WIS 3 | DEX 1