O.G. Nerd trying to level up in my fifties

Just starting the NF Academy, so posting my "Why" for accountability. I feel like I'm going to get there this time. About me: single mom of two grown? (21, 18) boys in college, properly raised in nerdness and geekery; criminal defense attorney (so my job sucks the life out of me), raised on comic books and Star Trek, LOVE Firefly, O.G. nerd from the 60s and 70s so legit nerd cred, very strong Christian (should have put that first.) OK here's my "why." Thanks for the support, and I'm looking forward to engaging on the message boards! That's new for me. :) 

My "why" - Ever since I hit puberty, I have been fighting with myself over my weight, food, clothing. I’m never comfortable in my own skin. Every bite I take is seasoned with so much emotional ammo, that even the yummiest most decadent goodies are tainted by guilt. Whenever I think of doing something fun, especially with other people, my first thought is “my clothes don’t fit” and “I’m too out of shape.” I have stopped living. I get up and go to work and come home and do chores and daydream about what my life would be like if I was fit and healthy and felt good. I’m tired. I want to be a good steward.  I want to be healthy and do good work to get to my retirement, and then I want to be able to enjoy my retirement by being healthy and strong. I may well have to take care of myself in my old age, so I want to be as healthy as possible, so I can thrive and take care of myself. I want to LIVE.

• Like 1

Waving hello! As  a woman in her fifties(shh don't tell anyone:)) I love to see other woman my age get excited about getting fit. Here to cheer you on. I love your why!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 10/14/2019 at 11:19 AM, CindyPrime said:

....  I want to be healthy and do good work to get to my retirement, and then I want to be able to enjoy my retirement by being healthy and strong. I may well have to take care of myself in my old age, so I want to be as healthy as possible, so I can thrive and take care of myself. I want to LIVE.

many wonderful changes have begun with nothing More than this.

I love it! its so direct and passionate. ty for posting it

I look forward to learning what that means for you, in your life. feel free to think it out and post it.  

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 10/14/2019 at 11:19 AM, CindyPrime said:

My "why" - Ever since I hit puberty, I have been fighting with myself over my weight, food, clothing.

You're a fighter, and you've come to the right place. What everyone doesn't see is that successful fighters have a strong support group behind them. 

Let's go kick some ass.