• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Wait, This is a Fitness Site, Isn't It? Tanktimus Gets Back to Work

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

Argh she's so darn cute!!! 

Yes she is!

5 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Of course!

Pancakes are just waffles that can't be bothered to work on their abs.

 

I had tacos for dinner last night in the cafeteria at work and breakfast tacos this morning for breakfast.

 

This is not a confession, I'm bragging.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Pancakes are just waffles that can't be bothered to work on their abs.

 

Accurate on all levels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some perfunctory stretches that are better than nothing but I'm not going to consider them a Yoga Session.

 

I made lunch with chicken thighs I seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked in avocado oil. I set that aside and browned 2 sliced leeks seasoned with salt, pepper, and rice vinegar. I set that aside and cooked some frozen stir-fry veggies seasoned the same way as the leeks. I added everything back together and added chicken broth and orange juice, let it come to a boil and simmered for a while. Eventually I added some cornstarch dissolved in water and honey, along with an orange I supremed. It was my first ever attempt, so it didn't look as good as the images in the article I linked, but it was dang good for a first attempt.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 3:45 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I did some perfunctory stretches that are better than nothing but I'm not going to consider them a Yoga Session. 

meh, it was zero week. Tomorrow things get serious. Bring on week 1!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taco bragging isn't even bragging.   It's like a crossfit workout... if you don't hashtag it, and post it, it's not worth anything.  Thus, all taco consumption must be mentioned.

 

Sounds like you've got some good momentum going on the proper path!   I see lots of 'cooking mentions' which is always a good place to start. :)

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 8:45 PM, Xena said:

meh, it was zero week. Tomorrow things get serious. Bring on week 1!

Indeed. Week 1 started well.

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Taco bragging isn't even bragging.   It's like a crossfit workout... if you don't hashtag it, and post it, it's not worth anything.  Thus, all taco consumption must be mentioned.

 

Sounds like you've got some good momentum going on the proper path!   I see lots of 'cooking mentions' which is always a good place to start. :)

You have begun well on your path of understanding the way of the Taco. See below for cooking.

 

Today is a good day. Due to helping people out at work, my schedule has shifted such that I was off today and will not go back to work till Thursday. I used the time well. It was also a day where Sra. Tanque and her mom did a dry run on what it will be like when Sra. Tanque goes back to work in the middle of November. She got up when she normally would have, took Baby Tank to her parent's house, and drove to the school where she teaches to make sure of our estimated departure times. All went smoothly, and we had the day to ourselves. She spent the morning working on lesson plans, and I goofed off online and eventually worked out. It took most of the morning, but I got a KB workout in. I felt an arm pump for some time afterward. It was good to work out on the day I planned. We went out for lunch (Had Greek), and bought some curtain rods to hang curtains in the master bedroom, which we already have. Sra. Tanque eventually went back to get Baby Tank, who had a good day with her Grandma. I made dinner. 

 

I rubbed a pork tenderloin with mustard, salt, and pepper, and browned it in a cast iron skillet, then put that in the oven (still on the skillet) at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. I also heated some pre-made mashed potatoes and stirred in shredded cheddar, and steamed some broccolini. While the pork was resting, I deglazed the skillet with apple cider vinegar, then cooked in some maple syrup and mustard. I let it cook too long. The sauce was still delicious, but had thickened so much it was semi-solid. Still tasty though.

 

All in all, a good day.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She got up when she normally would have, took Baby Tank to her parent's house,

So how many times did you guys think during the day "I wonder if everything is going ok?" Knowing full well that you trust and respect her mom, and that everything is going well, but you just can't help wondering...? :D

 

Glad you two had a day off together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is not a confession, I'm bragging

If I had tacos for dinner then again a few hours later for breakfast, you better believe I'd brag about it. 

 

15 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Taco bragging isn't even bragging.   It's like a crossfit workout... if you don't hashtag it, and post it, it's not worth anything.

Likewise, the 'up before dawn' CrossFit sessions don't count unless you take a picture of the doors with a timestamp on it to announce it to the world :D 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Team crepe! Because mine happen to be awesome. ;) 

 

What does a KB workout look like for you?

 

I do the NF Beginner KB Workout. I'm currently using a 15 pound bell because I have strength, I need endurance, and the lighter bell lets me focus on form, speed, and getting through the workout. Last few times I have done 2 rounds, this time I did 2 full rounds and the first three exercises in round 3. Incidentally, team pancake can never decide which version of a pancake they are. So many different countries have a different version of a pancake.

6 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

So how many times did you guys think during the day "I wonder if everything is going ok?" Knowing full well that you trust and respect her mom, and that everything is going well, but you just can't help wondering...? :D

 

Glad you two had a day off together.

Honestly, we realized we missed her a few times, but we were never tempted to call. Her mom did send some good pictures of Baby Tank.

6 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

If I had tacos for dinner then again a few hours later for breakfast, you better believe I'd brag about it. 

 

Likewise, the 'up before dawn' CrossFit sessions don't count unless you take a picture of the doors with a timestamp on it to announce it to the world :D 

https://babylonbee.com/news/man-joins-crossfit-without-telling-anyone

https://babylonbee.com/news/crossfit-added-cult-watchlist

https://babylonbee.com/news/crossfitter-sets-fitness-goal-to-one-day-lift-own-ego

 

Babylon Bee is an awesome Satire site.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baby rucking is great for endurance.

 

I have an unasked for suggestion default_smile.png if you’re willing to modify your program a bit, you could could move all the swings to the front and do them 5X10 EMOM, I’ve found that works really well to build endurance.

 

ETA I’m don’t know where you’re at, 10x5 may work better. The magic seems to come from the EMOM metronome of your heart rate going up and coming back down.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this challenge! Baby rucking is such a good utilization of your resources and time - doubling up on baby time AND working out with an ever increasing load :D 

 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, Starpuck said:

Thus, all taco consumption must be mentioned.

 

If these are the rules around here my thread is about to get nuts when I go to Mexico in a few weeks...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Baby rucking is great for endurance.

 

I have an unasked for suggestion default_smile.png if you’re willing to modify your program a bit, you could could move all the swings to the front and do them 5X10 EMOM, I’ve found that works really well to build endurance.

 

ETA I’m don’t know where you’re at, 10x5 may work better. The magic seems to come from the EMOM metronome of your heart rate going up and coming back down.

I suspect it will help, but for now I'm gonna stick with getting really good at the workout I'm doing before I start changing around programming.

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Love this challenge! Baby rucking is such a good utilization of your resources and time - doubling up on baby time AND working out with an ever increasing load :D 

 

 

If these are the rules around here my thread is about to get nuts when I go to Mexico in a few weeks...

De donde in Mexico vas a ir?

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

:lol: 

I thought you might like that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just got caught up on your last challenge, and I'm so glad Little Bit is growing strong! 

Also I totally creeped on your registry and added a tortilla swaddle to mine - cause baby burrito!

 

Also also note to self don't make a list of things to do during maternity leave :P aside from keeping tiny human alive

 

Really happy for you and your family, dude.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

So I just got caught up on your last challenge, and I'm so glad Little Bit is growing strong! 

Also I totally creeped on your registry and added a tortilla swaddle to mine - cause baby burrito!

 

Also also note to self don't make a list of things to do during maternity leave :P aside from keeping tiny human alive

 

Really happy for you and your family, dude.

Thanks. This is our absolute favorite swaddle so far.

https://lovetodream.com/swaddle-up-original-1-0-tog-gray/

Regular swaddles have a steep learning curve and are a pain for diaper changes. The one I posted uses a zipper so its super fast. It also lets you unzip from the bottom while the top stays closed for easier diaper changes.

 

Yesterday was a pjs all day kind of day. Hanging curtains in the master bedroom happened instead of a workout.  I made a pizza from a crust in a can but have a baby in my arms at the moment and am typing one handed so that's as descriptive as I'll be for now.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was a good day. I did some self-directed Yoga in the morning to stretch out and get my heart rate up (both successful). I went and hung out with my officers for a while at the police station and had a good time with them. Yesterday was nice and cool and cloudy, a soup kind of day. I love days like that. When I made dinner, I made potato corn chowder. I melted 2 tbsp butter in a pot and cooked some chopped onion for 5 minutes with salt and pepper. Toward the end of that, I added some minced garlic. I then added some flour and cumin and cooked for another 2 minutes. Then I added 3 cups of chicken broth and half a package of frozen hashbrowns, with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley. For clarity these were frozen potatoes cut into small cubes. I brought that to a boil and let it simmer for ten minutes. I then added 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of frozen corn, with more salt, pepper, and minced parsley. When that heated up I added 4 oz sour cream. When that melted I added more parsley. I served it with real bacon bits and parsley on top of the chowder, and then a hot country loaf of bread i sliced and loaded up with butter. It was very good.

 

We then had our small group that went really well.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was too cold to Ruck the Baby, so was today. Tomorrow should be warmer, but my schedule just got moved around, there may or may not be time to go. 

 

I did cook yesterday. I made a stir fry. I cooked some rice by toasting it with sesame oil and salt, then added water and rice vinegar and cooked according to directions.

 

I then browned some ground beef with salt and pepper in a wok and drained the fat. I then added some sesame oil, green onion, matchstick carrots, asparagus, and garlic with salt, pepper, and rice vinegar. When it was cooked I added the beef back in with some fresh thinly sliced basil and honey. It was very good.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.