• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Wait, This is a Fitness Site, Isn't It? Tanktimus Gets Back to Work

Yum yum!

as longs as the change in schedule doesn’t mean instead of rucking the baby you kettle bell swing her, I’m sure you’ll be fine :D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

*Checks San Antonio weather, sees 58, shakes head*

That's the high, and it will hit those temps while I'm here at work. I don't mind going out on my own for a walk, ruck or hike even if it's freezing provided I have the right shoes. As a first time parent however, I'm a little paranoid taking my 8 week old child out in temps in the high 30s, which is what they were at a time rucking was practical. Having said that, you are right to shake your head, as I shake my head at people who complain temps in the low 90s are unbearable.

35 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Yum yum!

as longs as the change in schedule doesn’t mean instead of rucking the baby you kettle bell swing her, I’m sure you’ll be fine :D

We've discussed babybell swings in the past...

What did I cook today?

I'm glad you asked. I sliced a sausage and chopped an onion and cooked them in avocado oil (with salt) for about five minutes. I then added some garlic for a bit, along with 3 c chicken broth, 1 c heavy cream, and one of the big (the size of two regular) cans of diced tomatoes (and more salt). I brought that to a boil, then added a bunch of cheese tortellini and let it simmer for about 6 minutes. Once that was cooked I added about 10 oz of baby spinach a little at a time till it all wilted. It was a bit watery, and it would have benefited from adding some flour after the onion was soft to make a roe so that the liquid would be thicker. It still tasted very good. On the side I melted some butter in a skillet and added some chopped broccolini, salt, pepper, and pinot grigio. I added a bit more wine to deglaze the pan as it cooked down, I served it with the sausage tortellini. 

• Like 7

But have we discussed using the baby for curls, overhead presses or squats, and floor presses? Mine loved that stuff. Mrs. Sloth, not so much.

ETA I mean Mrs. Sloth didn’t like me curling the babies, I never actually tried to curl her.

• Haha 10

18 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's the high, and it will hit those temps while I'm here at work. I don't mind going out on my own for a walk, ruck or hike even if it's freezing provided I have the right shoes. As a first time parent however, I'm a little paranoid taking my 8 week old child out in temps in the high 30s, which is what they were at a time rucking was practical. Having said that, you are right to shake your head, as I shake my head at people who complain temps in the low 90s are unbearable.

We've discussed babybell swings in the past...

Yeah dude 30s are not ok - really hoping come April things are heading to an early spring and I don't have to panic with my little in below freezing (or worse, below zero) temps...

Ya'll are getting pretty cold, pretty early!

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad you asked. I sliced a sausage and chopped an onion and cooked them in avocado oil (with salt) for about five minutes. I then added some garlic for a bit, along with 3 c chicken broth, 1 c heavy cream, and one of the big (the size of two regular) cans of diced tomatoes (and more salt). I brought that to a boil, then added a bunch of cheese tortellini and let it simmer for about 6 minutes. Once that was cooked I added about 10 oz of baby spinach a little at a time till it all wilted. It was a bit watery, and it would have benefited from adding some flour after the onion was soft to make a roe so that the liquid would be thicker. It still tasted very good. On the side I melted some butter in a skillet and added some chopped broccolini, salt, pepper, and pinot grigio. I added a bit more wine to deglaze the pan as it cooked down, I served it with the sausage tortellini. 

Sounds delicious!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I shake my head at people who complain temps in the low 90s are unbearable.

The 80s are unbearable.  The 90s are death.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 6:23 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Finally SOMEBODY listened! 

I did too! And now I'm hungry again. :P 

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's the high, and it will hit those temps while I'm here at work. I don't mind going out on my own for a walk, ruck or hike even if it's freezing provided I have the right shoes. As a first time parent however, I'm a little paranoid taking my 8 week old child out in temps in the high 30s, which is what they were at a time rucking was practical. 

I feel like you need to embrace the Finnish parenting style where you let the baby sleep in a cardboard box on the balcony in the middle of winter. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

Yeah dude 30s are not ok - really hoping come April things are heading to an early spring and I don't have to panic with my little in below freezing (or worse, below zero) temps...

Ya'll are getting pretty cold, pretty early!

Sounds delicious!

It was!

4 hours ago, Hazard said:

You would never make it here.

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I just might need to dig out a pic of shoveling snow with baby Slothgirl inside my jacket. She loved all the bouncing up and down.

If I weren't so heavy I might be able to close jackets over Little Bit. As it is, some of them barely close with just me.

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I did too! And now I'm hungry again. :P 

I feel like you need to embrace the Finnish parenting style where you let the baby sleep in a cardboard box on the balcony in the middle of winter. :lol:

I feel like I'm going to embrace precisely not that.

Woke up with a bad headache, managed to get to work, even though I came in earlier than normal. The headache isn't gone, but I'm pumped full of enough NSAIDs that it is bearable.

• Like 5

On 11/1/2019 at 10:47 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

as I shake my head at people who complain temps in the low 90s are unbearable.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:17 PM, Hazard said:

On 11/2/2019 at 10:05 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ah. Our humidity is nowhere near as bad. Florida 90s are not Texas 90s (at least outside of Houston). In West Texas you could probably tolerate 100s.

So what should I say? We have the temps and the humidity, with seemingly spring temps of 40+C these days (that's 104F for those needing a conversion). I'm honestly scared of our up and coming summer temps.

• Like 2

I'm not even going to try to get caught up in this thread. I'm just going to post this so it subscribes me, and then go back to watching the Lakers and hope they beat the Spurs tonight. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

So what should I say? We have the temps and the humidity, with seemingly spring temps of 40+C these days (that's 104F for those needing a conversion). I'm honestly scared of our up and coming summer temps.

Another good reason to emigrate.

13 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I'm not even going to try to get caught up in this thread. I'm just going to post this so it subscribes me, and then go back to watching the Lakers and hope they beat the Spurs tonight. :) 

giphy.gif

To be fair, I haven't followed Basketball for some time. FWIW, I like the Spurs way more than I like basketball. I still dislike the Lakers on principle because of Phil Jackson's asinine asterisk comment from '99.

• Like 2

Sunday was a good day. We went to church, then got Korean for lunch (and little Bit slept while we ate in the restaurant!). We then went to my parents to hang out. They had been on vacation, going on a cruise with a road trip on either end. While gone they picked up a little plush Tank toy. We also had a blast hanging out. Dad made chicken noodle soup from scratch.*

*The noodles were premade. He also did not make a chicken.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

To be fair, I haven't followed Basketball for some time. FWIW, I like the Spurs way more than I like basketball. I still dislike the Lakers on principle because of Phil Jackson's asinine asterisk comment from '99.

Phil said a lot of things, all of them designed to push buttons or/and manipulate. If someone is still bothered by something he said 20 years ago, that only proves his trolling mastery. ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Phil said a lot of things, all of them designed to push buttons or/and manipulate. If someone is still bothered by something he said 20 years ago, that only proves his trolling mastery. ;)

I always saw it as him pouting after not getting his way :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I always saw it as him pouting after not getting his way :)

Well, yes, he did that all the time. He won us a number of titles though, so I'm willing to overlook a lot of his character flaws. :)

• Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 2:18 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Thank you Sloth, I was just doing the same thing here...

Especially since this was our trick or treating this year:  With snow.  (and tons of fallen limbs because trees can't support leaves AND snow)  And windchills of 26 degrees.   *glare*
74680781_2533578570057820_8542422534195249152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlorDSNzPQAiDIaAXgdFqbpVKoHRcIgry5lcmmwz2fu03857Yt_wnGibC8f71I_6wI&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=d24d6edfc76650f09991a672b01548e8&oe=5E46EC79

I really should migrate.  Permanently.   But eh, comfort zones with everything else and all that.  :P  I will just continue to gripe at your perfect weather Tank!

Food continues to sound delicious.  Swing on by my thread later, I'll repay the kindness.    Also glad to see that Little Bit is letting you guys get out and about some more these days.   That's gotta be nice!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

Well, yes, he did that all the time. He won us a number of titles though, so I'm willing to overlook a lot of his character flaws. :)

He won YOU a lot of titles, which is why I magnify his character flaws.

34 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Thank you Sloth, I was just doing the same thing here...

Especially since this was our trick or treating this year:  With snow.  (and tons of fallen limbs because trees can't support leaves AND snow)  And windchills of 26 degrees.   *glare*
74680781_2533578570057820_8542422534195249152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlorDSNzPQAiDIaAXgdFqbpVKoHRcIgry5lcmmwz2fu03857Yt_wnGibC8f71I_6wI&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=d24d6edfc76650f09991a672b01548e8&oe=5E46EC79

I really should migrate.  Permanently.   But eh, comfort zones with everything else and all that.  :P  I will just continue to gripe at your perfect weather Tank!

Food continues to sound delicious.  Swing on by my thread later, I'll repay the kindness.    Also glad to see that Little Bit is letting you guys get out and about some more these days.   That's gotta be nice!

You can find DnD groups, but no hockey teams probably. And I'm not sure you could handle the heat in the summer. You could become a snowbird though.

13 minutes ago, shaar said:

Aw, man......

giphy.gif

Sorry.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I feel there is a quip about chickens and scratching, but my coffee hasn’t hit my brain yet...

plushie tank pics plz!

The tank pics will come, but it is not this day.

Yesterday wasn't bad. I went to work at far hospital, and drove the long way back in the dark (not due to getting out late, due to the time change). There was also more traffic than normal. Not enough to slow me down, but enough to stress me out. On the other hand, a new chaplain did orientation today and will take over far hospital, so I can work all my shifts at the hospital in town. That's very good, because I was too tired to do anything last night when I got home, and I had a headache (that went away).

• Like 3

Hiiii! I'm late.

Baby rucking is wonderful. When they have more head stability you can use her as a workout weight too. But the rucking - it's a great opportunity to bond and spend time outside and and and.....all the good things.

We have the Tula carrier and have just recently (at 5.5 months) switched to front facing when he's alert. When he strongly signals he wants to nap, we still flip him around the other way. We also have a Moby wrap we use as a basic sling for just around the house and around the block. We triple the sling and tie a big overhand knot in the ends. He used to sleep in it. Now he sits cross-legged and watches everything.

• Like 3