Wait, This is a Fitness Site, Isn't It? Tanktimus Gets Back to Work

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sounds like a very good thanksgiving! 

It's very good :) especially when you can also feel like you're making a difference. Happy for you!

It was a great thanksgiving.

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That's a pretty specific range... 

This makes me really happy to read. Being happy at work has huge carryovers into the other areas of your life

This is actually a really smart strategy because it remives a lot of the pressure to have a full workout, but once you have done that one rep, it is so much easier to keep moving and the workout just seems to happen :)

I'm hoping it works to help me get more consistent. 

Yesterday was good. I made an upside down pizza skillet. I cooked a pound of Italian sausage with a chopped onion and salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. Right before it was done I added some garlic. I then added pizza sauce, stirred, let it come to a boil, and simmered it for two minutes. After that I added mozzarella and croutons, then covered it and let it simmer for 3 minutes to melt the cheese. I served it with broccoli and a fresh asiago cheese loaf from the grocery store. 

• Like 9

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

52 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yesterday was good. I made an upside down pizza skillet. I cooked a pound of Italian sausage with a chopped onion and salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. Right before it was done I added some garlic. I then added pizza sauce, stirred, let it come to a boil, and simmered it for two minutes. After that I added mozzarella and croutons, then covered it and let it simmer for 3 minutes to melt the cheese. I served it with broccoli and a fresh asiago cheese loaf from the grocery store.

That sounds really mouthwatering.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It was a great thanksgiving.

I'm hoping it works to help me get more consistent. 

Nom. I have never even heard of upside down pizza skillet. Where did you learn to cook/where do you get your recipes? I've tried to teach myself just using recipes found on the internet but they are highly variable in quality, and don't always tell you the stuff you need to know (I loved Nosrat's Salt ,Fat, Acid, Heat because she explains a lot of things).

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This sounds brilliant and genius and I am so stealing this recipe. As soon as we are out of turkey leftovers.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

5 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

That sounds really mouthwatering.

It really tasted good.

5 hours ago, Harriet said:

Nom. I have never even heard of upside down pizza skillet. Where did you learn to cook/where do you get your recipes? I've tried to teach myself just using recipes found on the internet but they are highly variable in quality, and don't always tell you the stuff you need to know (I loved Nosrat's Salt ,Fat, Acid, Heat because she explains a lot of things).

I use a website called emeals. I have their 30 minute dinner plan. For a yearly fee they send you a menu every week with recipes and a shopping list. There are several options, including paleo, low carb, and "healthy."

4 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

This sounds brilliant and genius and I am so stealing this recipe. As soon as we are out of turkey leftovers.

You'll enjoy it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I use a website called emeals. I have their 30 minute dinner plan. For a yearly fee they send you a menu every week with recipes and a shopping list. There are several options, including paleo, low carb, and "healthy."

I'll check that out, cheers!

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:01 PM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

This isn't a standard thing either. A great many kids teeth on average around 6months, or a bit later, others teeth very early.

popping in to say that I was born with two teeth and a full head of hair, arguably the last time I was ahead of schedule in my entire life.

Glad you are feeling better Tank, there's some gnarly stuff going around

• Like 6

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

22 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'll check that out, cheers!

It's been very helpful to me for several years.

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

popping in to say that I was born with two teeth and a full head of hair, arguably the last time I was ahead of schedule in my entire life.

Glad you are feeling better Tank, there's some gnarly stuff going around

Thanks, I'm glad I'm feeling better too.

Yesterday was a good day. I made fish tacos :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Tank, when will the next challenge go up? :) hope you and your family are well x

Would now be soon enough?

New forums are up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2