• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

NeverThatBored

Crossfit Games: Open 20

Recommended Posts

I'm doing the workouts as part of class challenges with my Box, but I've compared my numbers to the BTWB trends... and I suck at Crossfit.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Br0din said:

I'm doing the workouts as part of class challenges with my Box, but I've compared my numbers to the BTWB trends... and I suck at Crossfit.  

 

Do you do Crossfit normally? (I also suck at Crossfit.) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Do you do Crossfit normally? (I also suck at Crossfit.) 
 
 


Yes, 6 days/week for 2.5 years

I got 6 rounds for 20.1
I did 15 rounds for 12 min of 20.2 scaled. I guess that would put me at 23-25 rounds for the full 20 min
And, I did 31 reps for 20.3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Does the rest of the warriors guild know? :D

 

Yup!!  I have to show all the Crossfit Bro's what strength is!!  Well...  At least when I'm not injured...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, Br0din said:

Yes, 6 days/week for 2.5 years

 

6 days! Badass! 

 

15 hours ago, Br0din said:

I got 6 rounds for 20.1
I did 15 rounds for 12 min of 20.2 scaled. I guess that would put me at 23-25 rounds for the full 20 min
And, I did 31 reps for 20.3

 

These seem like pretty good scores to me! What kind of injury do you have?

 

I'm doing all the workouts scaled. 

 

For 20.1 I got 7 + 8. 

For 20.2 I did 16 + 4 

For 20.3 I got 123 reps then repeated it and got 133. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

These seem like pretty good scores to me! What kind of injury do you have?

 

 

I have a herniated disk at L5/S, so it's managing the pain and mobility.  I don't actually lift heavy, I only started doing burpees about 8 weeks ago and I'm still not running.  But my core is getting stronger!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Anyone have any guesses for 20.4? There's still a lot of stuff left that they can do. I'm guessing lunges because I hate lunges. :P

 

Ring Muscle ups and pistols.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

 

You called the pistols!! 

 

Yup,  I guess things I can't do!!  

 

I got 201 reps on scaled (1 rep of 155 C&J).  My advice, is do all the box jumps as step ups.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Br0din said:

I got 201 reps on scaled (1 rep of 155 C&J).  My advice, is do all the box jumps as step ups.

 

Nice score! That's pretty far in. 

 

I did it this morning. I can't actually do full height box jumps yet so I'm all about the step ups. :P 

 

I got 160 reps scaled. The 95# clean & jerks were a jerk PR for me, and I got all 10, so I'm pretty happy with the results. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

 

Nice score! That's pretty far in. 

 

I did it this morning. I can't actually do full height box jumps yet so I'm all about the step ups. :P 

 

I got 160 reps scaled. The 95# clean & jerks were a jerk PR for me, and I got all 10, so I'm pretty happy with the results. 

 

I hate to tell, you, but 95# is no longer your PR!!  It's just the best you've done to this point.  

 

I did consider doing the RX knowing I would be stuck at the pistols, but I was gun shy after only getting 10 HSPU's.  I almost need to do both RX and scaled just to see where I'm at.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Br0din said:

I did consider doing the RX knowing I would be stuck at the pistols, but I was gun shy after only getting 10 HSPU's.  I almost need to do both RX and scaled just to see where I'm at.  

 

Do you ever repeat them? There's time to try it RX before scores are due! 

 

6 minutes ago, Br0din said:

I hate to tell, you, but 95# is no longer your PR!!  It's just the best you've done to this point.  

 

 

Yeah, to be fair I hadn't actually attempted heavier than 85 before, but I was also pretty sure I could do some @ 95 going in. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

 

Do you ever repeat them? There's time to try it RX before scores are due! 

 

 

I'm not actually competing in the open.  I'm only doing an intramural (class vs class) comp within my Box.  And because my Coach isn't stupid, he said only 1 attempt.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20.5 complete! I don't love wallballs, but I still really liked this one. 

 

I recently got my first pullup, so I was able to do 2 pullups at the start of the WOD. I probably should've taken the time to try for more, but I honestly had no idea how much time I needed for the rest of it so I wanted to get started ASAP. 

 

I broke the wallballs and row into 8 rounds (15 and 10cals) and finished those at 16:24. Rowing is one of my strengths, but wallballs aren't so I wanted to break them up. Definitely got a few no reps on those...

 

I couldn't get any more pullups afterwards (I've never done kipping pullups before so I came close but couldn't quite clear the bar). After the WOD, I tried again and managed to do 2 kipping pullups, so I'm pretty amped! 

 

Anyone else do it yet?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the same thing.  RX and broke up it up at 8 rounds of 15 WB and 10 Cal.  I had to start breaking up the WB into 8/7 reps with a 5 sec break and I worked to maintain between 1150-1250 Cal/hr on the rower.  

 

I got to 200 reps in 11:58.  So, that would be my official score if I entered.  However, my Box "Scaled" Muscles ups to bar for our internal comp and I got 9 of them before I took the last 90 seconds to attempt a RMU.  

 

Overall, I'm pretty "meh" about my overall performance.  I think I should have done each workout twice, one RX and one Scaled, so I could get a better evaluation of where I'm at.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now