WhiteGhost is a Ninjary Waiting to Happen

WhiteGhost

image.jpeg

When I first lived in Japan, one of my favorite experiences was when some friends took us to this Ninjayashiki (traditional Ninja residence).  It was really cool and had all kinds of traps, secret doors and hidden levels all designed to confuse and disorient anyone trying to come in.  I remember how much I wanted to be a ninja after visiting there, and now it is time to begin my training.

In order to up my ninja game, the goal for this challenge is to cause a Ninjary or better yet multiple Ninjaries (a Ninjary is the act of behaving like a ninja).  To cause ninjaries, I am going to have to become like a ninja, so I will create a nuja character using the old AD&D SIWDCC format

Strength:

The skills I want to be focusing on this challenge are almost all upper body driven, so I will need something to keep the legs strong.  This is where the gym is going to come in.  I am probably going to dump the bench press and curls, and add in a bunch more leg work, so every gym day will be leg day

Increase 0.1 Strength points per workout

Intelligence:

I am continuing with my Chinese proverb challenge, aiming to learn one ancient proverb every day.  Minimum 5 new proverbs per week

Increase 0.03 Intelligence point for every proverb learned

Wisdom:

Dump stat?  Not sure what to do for this one.  Maybe doing things I don't really enjoy because I know they are good for me in the long term (i.e. MyFlex & stretching).  Yeah, let's go with that.  Also, other things I need to do that I have been putting off can count for this as well.

Increase 0.025 Wisdom points for every MyFlex sessions / non-regular adulting item

Dexterity:

For this challenge I am going to focus on calisthenics skills.  Not a very narrow focus though :D The things I want to spend time on are:

• One Hand Handstands (OAHs)
  • Back Flips
  • Front Levers
  • Back Levers
  • Muscle Ups
  • Human Flags
  • Elbow Levers
  • Planches

Now I know that looks like an insane amount of skills to be working on, but since none of them are going to be getting more than 10-15 minutes per workout (except maybe backflips which will have a more dedicated workout) then it becomes more workable.

Increase 0.05 Dexterity points for each focused workout  

Specific workout plan progressions as follows:

OAHs: handstand walking and rocks (side to side shifting of balance from hand to hand), followed by one hand kickups to the bar for endurance/conditioning

Back Flips: Once session each week at the trampoline park, doing back tucks on progressively less springy surfaces until I can get them from just a padded floor

Front Levers: Single leg lever holds, fully extended slow lever drops (with holds) and tuck front lever lifts (with holds)

Back Levers: Fully extended back lever drops, tuck to full extension kickouts for reps, pike to full extension lifts for reps

Muscle Ups: jump muscle ups, cheat muscle ups, top hold bounces, low bar dips (with holds), and Russian dips

Human Flags: kick ups into inverted holds, tuck drops

Elbow Levers: elbow levers on various surfaces, including ground, single bar, parallel bars, perpendicular bars, and benches

Planches: pseudo planche lean, pseudo planche pushups, planche tripod leg lifts, hanging crows

Constitution:

We have a very full freezer and we need to get rid of a bunch of stuff.  For this challenge every meal I cook has to have at least one ingredient from the freezer.  Minimum of 5 meals per week

Increase 0.04 Constitution point for every meal

Charisma:

Ukulele, sketching, and any other self improvement activity.  For the last challenge, I fell off the wagon because I was spending all of my time playing Skyrim.  I am still going to allow myself to  play, but not all the time.  I still need to be doing other stuff.  

Increase 0.015 Charisma points for each personal development activity

Current stats: (actual 3d6 rolls) 

Strength: 13

Intelligence: 13

Wisdom: 6

Dexterity: 14

Constitution: 11

Charisma: 11

• Like 9
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following for Ninja awesomeness:

Nice to have you along

13 hours ago, deftona said:

Following! 

I can see you following using my super ninja observation abilities

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So if a Ninjary is when a Ninja does something Ninja-y, would them hurting someone be an injury ninjary?

According to Urban Dictionary, the term Ninjary has a few definitions, the first of which is doing something like a ninja.  The second definition is an injury caused by a ninja.  So depending on the definition, the same word could be used for both situations (a Ninjary causing a Ninjary :D )

• Like 4

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, Hazard said:

Always in for ninja shenanigans.  Bar work in particular.  If you're willing, and make the opportunity to, I'd like to see more video of your muscleup training.

Absolutely, would be happy to post more videos (technology allowing).  Or it might be GIFs.  At any rate I will try to put up stuff to show what I am doing :) 

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

I thought the title was a play on "an injury." I like your version better. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

18 hours ago, h3r0 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqZn00tWaZCQjZJK9q5ao

I love this

18 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Here for leg day.

OK, I'll look forward to seeing you on Tuesdays :P 

12 hours ago, fleaball said:

I thought the title was a play on "an injury." I like your version better. 

It actually was started as a play "an injury".  I didn't realize it had an actual definition on Urban Dictionary until after I had already posted it.  Just a fortuitous coincidence :) 

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sneaking in to follow.

tenor.gif

Your stealth roll < my perception roll.  I see you sneaking over there :P 

Today started out with a trip to the park to work on my stuff.  I think I got to everything I wanted to but I still haven't come up with an actual workout program yet.  I did make a few discoveries.  I tried Human flags for the second time ever today and I was much further along than I expected.  I could do some quite controlled negatives which is much better than I expected.  I also had a couple of good OAHS, with one of them holding for what felt like at least 2 seconds.  Mucle ups were strugglebus, and I could only get 3 single leg jump muscle ups and not even one cheat muscle up.  I just wasn't feeling it.  Everything else was about what I expected.  (+.05)

After I got back, I did the hip extension module for MyFlex and then did a little bit of stretching. (+.025)

When Ghostlet got home, he showed me a book he has on Chinese proverbs that I am going to use going forward.  Today's proverb is 白头偕老 (Bai Tou Xie Lao) which means to grow white hairs together (indicating a happy & healthy lifetime relationship) (+.03)

Ghostlet has been assigned to represent his school for some guests they have coming over from England and he will do an English introduction of the school and grounds for them.  I helped his Vice Principal revise her draft of the introduction into "native English" (+.025)

For dinner I pulled some rice out of the fridge and some peas and sausage out of the freezer and made some Yangzhou Fried Rice.  I tried to post a picture but Imgur does not seem to be able to process any uploads even though I am accessing through my proxy server.  I hope this isn't a permanent problem. (+.04)

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

18 hours ago, @mu said:

In for all the shinies :D And the good Ninjary but not the bad Ninjary :lol:

Yes, let's avoid all the bad Ninjaries :D 

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Whiteghost seems like a proper ninja name to me too :D

Appropriate :) 

Today started off with a trip to the gym.  There was a girl there doing deadlifts (Yay!) and one of the coaches came over and told her she was not allowed to do them (Boo!).  The look she gave him was classic, I could see the coaches hit points dropping by the second and he finally gave up and went elsewhere.  She then finished up her reps like she didn't even care.  That totally made my day.   I had a great leg day, it seemed like everything was going up like nothing.  Single leg ham curls last week I couldn't lift more than 27.5 but today was able to move 35.  The best part was when I was doing my tuck lifts I got a new PR of 190kgs and I was feeling good so I decided to try a 1RM of 200KGs and it just flew right up.  I probably could have done a few more reps at that weight but didn't want to push it.  After 5 of 8 exercises I was feeling pretty toasted so I skipped the walking lunges, goblet squats and weighted hops. (+.1)

When I got back I did the shoulders and back module for myflex and I felt like I had a much tighter bridge than last time.  I didn't take a picture to measure it, but it felt like I was getting a more of my weight over my shoulders. (+.025)

Ghostess has decided to invite a demon spawn creature into our home,and has buying all of the paraphernalia in preparation for its arrival.  Today the house/play are came so I spent some time assembling that (+.025)

I made tofu, meatball and cabbage soup for dinner (using a duck carcass from the freezer) and it was pretty tasty.  I tried to eat it before it was cool, though and burned the crap out of my tongue (+.04)

While the soup was brewing, I broke out the uke and practiced for a bit, including the latest one that I had been working on.  I felt better about it than I have in previous sessions, and I even got out the tutorial and started learning the picking interlude section. (+.015)

I have given up on Imgur and will just post pics on the 'Gram.  Here is the fried rice from yesterday:

ETA: I forgot to include today's proverb, which is 老气横秋 (Lao Qi Heng Qiu) and means a young person who acts, speaks or dresses like an old person (primarily negative connotations)  (+.03)

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

57 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

There was a girl there doing deadlifts (Yay!) and one of the coaches came over and told her she was not allowed to do them (Boo!).  The look she gave him was classic, I could see the coaches hit points dropping by the second and he finally gave up and went elsewhere.  She then finished up her reps like she didn't even care.  That totally made my day. 

Hahah, I love her. :D 

I had a great leg day, it seemed like everything was going up like nothing.  Single leg ham curls last week I couldn't lift more than 27.5 but today was able to move 35.  The best part was when I was doing my tuck lifts I got a new PR of 190kgs and I was feeling good so I decided to try a 1RM of 200KGs and it just flew right up.  I probably could have done a few more reps at that weight but didn't want to push it.  After 5 of 8 exercises I was feeling pretty toasted so I skipped the walking lunges, goblet squats and weighted hops. (+.1)

Nice! 

Ghostess has decided to invite a demon spawn creature into our home,and has buying all of the paraphernalia in preparation for its arrival.  Today the house/play are came so I spent some time assembling that (+.025)

OH HEY!! Good luck caring for your new demon. :D Hopefully it's a snuggly one and not a troublesome sprite. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ghostess has decided to invite a demon spawn creature into our home

So you will have a ninja companion for your challenge! How appropriate :D 

Following!

• Like 1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:20 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Today started off with a trip to the gym.  There was a girl there doing deadlifts (Yay!) and one of the coaches came over and told her she was not allowed to do them (Boo!).  The look she gave him was classic, I could see the coaches hit points dropping by the second and he finally gave up and went elsewhere.  She then finished up her reps like she didn't even care.  That totally made my day.

Hahaha this chick is great.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, raptron said:

Hahah, I love her. :D

She made me think of you :) 

23 hours ago, raptron said:

OH HEY!! Good luck caring for your new demon. :D Hopefully it's a snuggly one and not a troublesome sprite.

You say that like they are mutually exclusive :P 

12 hours ago, Korranation said:

Following

KORRA!!!!!!! So great to see you around again.  Welcome back

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

So you will have a ninja companion for your challenge! How appropriate :D 

Following!

Ah, I like that idea.  My shadow ninja.  

9 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hahaha this chick is great.

Totally

Today started out with a trip to the park and I was able to work on all of my stuff.  I took a video of a muscle up progression I invented and am sharing it here for @Hazard

I usually try and do 5 of each (left->right->both) but I couldn't get through them all in one go. (+.05)

When I got back, I did the straddle module for MyFlex even though I really didn't want to.  It is sooooo hard, and I really don't enjoy it.  I did it anyway, so I am taking the points for it. (+.025)

The young men from church picked learning to cook as a personal development goal, so they all came over to my place in the evening and I taught them the basics of cooking Chinese food.  As part of the lesson I walked them through the making of the Chicken & Green Pepper dish Ghostlet loves so much.  I didn't use anything from the freezer (in fact I added more to the freezer because I bought extra chicken) so no constitution points for this.  I can claim some wisdom points for it though.  (+.025)

Today's proverb is 秋高气爽 (Qiu Gao Qi Shuang) which means crisp clear autumn weather. (+.03)

• Like 9

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

KORRA!!!!!!! So great to see you around again.  Welcome back

~~~

Today started out with a trip to the park and I was able to work on all of my stuff.  I took a video of a muscle up progression I invented and am sharing it here for @Hazard

I usually try and do 5 of each (left->right->both) but I couldn't get through them all in one go. (+.05)

Today's proverb is 秋高气爽 (Qiu Gao Qi Shuang) which means crisp clear autumn weather. (+.03)

It's good to be back! :)

I love learning new languages

image.png.99dca40431cbb0f4b737e7f3c9932fca.png

• Like 1