• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

34 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Wow.  I’m a good influence.  That’s new.  I think you be surprised at how fast you ramp back up.  

40#?  Army issue?

Naw just bought it back when

• Like 1

Wednesday 11/6/19

I woke up at four and stayed up. I was too crusty to work out, but was still somehow late to work.  

Our school had it’s first Native group and since it’s during my prep I’m able to join in this year. 

There was commotion in the boy’s room and I walked in on a bunch of them vaping.  That caused a lot of sixth grade drama. 

Thursday 11/7/19

Nothing of note to report.  I rode the trainer for 40 minutes at zone 2.  We started The Lord of the Rings.  It’s kind of slow for the trainer though.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Friday 11/8/19

so this morning I walked in really late, but just ahead of the principal and felt like I had to be charming.  Then in the copy room the administrator (not a principal, but she does all the logistical stuff) was there and felt like I had to be charming and witty.  Then the head custodian came in so more small talk. I was used up by then, but he gave me a doughnut. 

Otherwise not much to report.   I stayed late to get ready for next week and now I’m having a strawberry sour beer. Game night with the kids is next and then I’m going to bed early.  

Fitnessing

Still working on my under appreciated butt. 

6X10 2H KB Swings at 24kg / 53#. 

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 Goblin Squats at 24kg / 53#. 

Wasn’t feeling it/ still kind of crusty so I shut it down early.  

Eating has been reasonable. 

• Like 10

Saturday 11/9/19

I woke up unacceptably early.  I couldn’t go back to sleep so I balanced my checkbook and did other minor adult irritants.  Now I’m wicked tired.  

I rode the trainer for 40 minutes at a zone 2.  I wasn’t it to it. I should have checked the weather first because it would have been a lovely day for an outside ride. 

I watched some more of The Wizard of EarthSea.  The best thing I can say about it is that it’s almost over.  

Right now I’m watching Slothgirl’s volleyball game, then roller skating, and finally Mrs. Sloth and I are going out to see music. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Zone 2 work is really really good for you though, so.. and hey even if you end things early, at least you did things! Awesome. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mrs. Sloth and I are going out to see music. 

I remember seeing music once. I was not operating on this plane of existence. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:27 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Welp, it’s only 8:20, but I’ve used up all my extrovert mana already.  I did get a doughnut out of it though.

I figured out why there was so much sugar at the conference I went to last week at Brooklyn Center... Even with a large group of Rec and Park people the level of extroversion needs to be carried on by sugar at their conference. 

Sad that rollerblading wasn't bumped higher. 

Hope the music was good!

Just realized how jealous I am by your ability to somehow to keep at it, the idea of doing squats makes me cringe. However, I do have a "butt appreciater" in my life... Lol could use for my benefit that I never thought of before. The interesting influence this thread has, lol.

• Like 2

I touched music once at a concert. I could reach out and hold the notes in my hand as they floated by. I was sick as a dog with a rather high fever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2019 at 2:18 PM, KB Girl said:

Zone 2 work is really really good for you though, so.. and hey even if you end things early, at least you did things! Awesome. 

Exactly. I spend so much time in zone 2 I keep a toothbrush there. I really need to hit the high end more.  

I only had 45 minutes planned. This time of year the goal is mostly to get back in the habit and to remind my body what it feels like to be bent over a bike with my legs going round and around. 

12 hours ago, deftona said:

I remember seeing music once. I was not operating on this plane of existence. 

Did you beat @Tanktimus to a dad joke?

ETA This is the music we saw.  I don’t know how to categorize it, punkabilly Jazz with a dream pop singer? But I enjoyed the heck out of it.  

6 hours ago, LovelyBouncer said:

I figured out why there was so much sugar at the conference I went to last week at Brooklyn Center... Even with a large group of Rec and Park people the level of extroversion needs to be carried on by sugar at their conference. 

Sad that rollerblading wasn't bumped higher. 

Hope the music was good!

Just realized how jealous I am by your ability to somehow to keep at it, the idea of doing squats makes me cringe. However, I do have a "butt appreciater" in my life... Lol could use for my benefit that I never thought of before. The interesting influence this thread has, lol.

Don’t be too jealous, I’m usually good for about six weeks before I wander off. 

You definitely should do more squats.  

I was thinking about the roller skating. I worked up a sweat, so I was using my muscles. I think the thing is I have a big aerobic engine and it takes a lot to get it revving.  My (lack of) balance kept me from going fast enough to get my heart rate up.  

2 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

I went rolling skating once or twice in elementary school and I remember it being a helluva workout... most pushups I ever did in a day.

Lol. I was impressed with all the kids who fell and just bounced back up, kept going, and fell some more.  

1 hour ago, Emma said:

I touched music once at a concert. I could reach out and hold the notes in my hand as they floated by. I was sick as a dog with a rather high fever.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a fever like that.  

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Don’t be too jealous, I’m usually good for about six weeks before I wander off. 

You definitely should do more squats.  

I was thinking about the roller skating. I worked up a sweat, so I was using my muscles. I think the thing is I have a big aerobic engine and it takes a lot to get it revving.  My (lack of) balance kept me from going fast enough to get my heart rate up.  

Hehe, at least you have those 6 weeks! 

Discipline is a lot for me to work on... 

You know where roller skating helps now! You have to use other things for aerobic, but keeping all those muscles awake when you can... 

Idk that's how I view things I enjoy doing (maybe you found it isn't worth it). 

I will see on starting a single squat a day for the week. See how week I really am lol. I'm baby when it comes to pain... 

As the ways of NF though, squats are the amazing all over-exercise. Plus the ice is coming, need anything to protect me from turning that into a disaster... 

21 hours ago, LovelyBouncer said:

Hehe, at least you have those 6 weeks! 

Discipline is a lot for me to work on... 

You know where roller skating helps now! You have to use other things for aerobic, but keeping all those muscles awake when you can... 

Idk that's how I view things I enjoy doing (maybe you found it isn't worth it). 

I will see on starting a single squat a day for the week. See how week I really am lol. I'm baby when it comes to pain... 

As the ways of NF though, squats are the amazing all over-exercise. Plus the ice is coming, need anything to protect me from turning that into a disaster... 

Roller skating is a lot of fun. I just threw on the HR monitor out of curiosity. I think the biggest physical benefit for me is the balance work and hitting the stabilizer muscles hard.  

Squats are great.  They shouldn’t hurt.  If you’re doing BW squats I prefer to do them prisoner style (hands on your head). 

4 hours ago, jedi_mind said:

Where do you live sloth? Out here in norcal i feel you can bicycle all year

I’m in Minneapolis.  It’s just below freezing, maybe down to mid-teens.  

Before I was able to walk to school I commuted by bike year round.  Lots of people do it and I have the gear. But if I don’t have to, it’s hard to screw up my motivation enough to bundle up and ride.  I much prefer to be minimally clothed when I ride. 

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Oh he's someplace....colder.

It’s not so bad around here.  

• Like 3

Sunday 11/10/19

It was a planned day off.  If it was nice out again I would have gone on a ride, but the wind chill was 19 / -7C so I stayed in and kept warm.  

I sorted through my sci-fi and about 2/3 of my books are headed for a little free library.  Otherwise I didn’t really do much all day except chillax.  

• Like 4

On 11/7/2019 at 1:35 AM, deftona said:

Image result for raise hand gif

This plays to my skill set, send me your projected whereabouts for the next month and I'll see what I can do. 

On 11/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

But you seem so friendly.  I’m willing to give it a go though. 

It seems squarely in the "What would John Cena do" wheelhouse.

• Like 2

They were selling little mini pickle-juice vials at the race expo. I think it would have been cheaper to buy whole jars of pickles. But this can idea looks very promising...

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:49 PM, Xena said:

It seems squarely in the "What would John Cena do" wheelhouse.

I certainly need an attitude adjustment when it comes to eating. 

7 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

At first I was like, “Whoa... I need that in my life.”  Then I saw the price.  However, there’s probably some sort of bicycle beer can holder so I could attach it to my bike and have one less thing on my back. 

Also, I’m glad you’re alive. I was about to resort to FB stalking. 

20 minutes ago, Xena said:

They were selling little mini pickle-juice vials at the race expo. I think it would have been cheaper to buy whole jars of pickles. But this can idea looks very promising...

I keep my pickle juice in a silicone flask, but I would spend a little money to have something that packs smaller and is sealed up so I don’t have to throw it out after every race.  

• Like 2

Monday 11/11/19 

I was running behind all morning and missed my workout.  I meant to hit it hard after work, but school was sohard and I didn’t get it together.  

Nothing else of note to report.  

Tuesday 11/12/19

Running late again. I did a short workout in between school and volleyball & circus. 

Full warm up

played around with weird KB movements 

7X15 2H KB Swings at 24kg / 53#

no get ups

Nothing of note to report.  

• Like 4

On 11/11/2019 at 1:55 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Squats are great.  They shouldn’t hurt.  If you’re doing BW squats I prefer to do them prisoner style (hands on your head). 

Also my favorite, anything else I end up losing posture or end up hurting myself at the moment (my upper back needs to the gentle touch). 

Body freaked out on me reminding me I need to get my stretching in first and then squats. Hoping baby steps I end up with a better workout routine and a bit stronger in the next year... but patience. 

Glad you had a day off! 

Did the crud pass quickly? And sorry for the trickery of showing up when you like. 

I blame the cold and last week's time change...

• Like 1