• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hello nerds! I'm annyshay! Here are my goals for the next 6 weeks...

Pass my boards

Win NaNoWriMo

Go Deeper with Health Coaching

giphy.gif

There's been a lot of upheaval in my life in the recent past from moving across country to the death of my Grandpa to a lot of traveling, but things are starting to mellow out just in time for... my boards and NaNoWriMo. Hehe. That's right, within the span of this challenge, I will be taking two sets of medical boards and trying to write 50,000 words in one month. So, I want to try to lean on my community here a little bit harder instead of just phoning in my updates. So, I have overarching goals and will give narrative reports within those about what's going on for me at the moment. I hope to continue to post consistently and wander among other nerds threads a bit more than I have been doing lately. We'll see how it goes, and everything is open to tweaking as necessary to help support my goals. Sound good? Let's do this thing!

• Like 9

Sunday w0d1

It was a lovely day for a lot of different reasons. I slept in quite late for me and didn't really get out of bed until 9am, which was glorious. I spent most of the morning dorking around online and getting some words done on the character sketches for one of my characters. I wrote over 500 words for that character, which was good progress I think. I skipped church again, but then I watched an old sermon from the church, so I'm inching closer to getting my butt back there. In the afternoon, I went for a massage with the same therapist. He found all the knots around my shoulders and chest, so that was a good kind of painful. Then I came home and worked on setting up my new challenge here as well as chatting with several friends online. I spent a lot of time journaling through some hurt that I've been feeling with God, and made some progress on that front when I realized that I have to give up the hurt if I want the relationship to continue to develop. I headed to bed at a reasonable time and did a meditation before drifting off to sleep. 

• Like 8

Monday w0d2

Had a very productive day today.

Board Review - did 50 questions, reviewed three primers (condensed notes), reviewed 80 key images, and watched a lecture on epidemiology

NaNoWriMo - sprint for 20 minutes to get my character interview for the mentor in the story done

Coaching - intention mantra in the morning (I am whole), 6 minutes of NF yoga, added foods to my Rise List, journaled a lot, emailed my coach a lot, joy journaling

Also got my meds refilled, laundry done, and made steps to finding a new therapist. Feeling pretty proud of myself especially because I took breaks and didn't get myself too much into resistance territory. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, raptron said:

This is a big challenge! Dang! :)

*flexes her brain muscles*

1 hour ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

No kidding! Way to go starting this challenge off on the run! :loyal:

Thanks!!!

• Like 2

Tuesday w0d3

I planned to do less work today because I was seeing patients during the day.

Board Review - reviewed 48 images, reviewed 3 primers

NaNoWriMo - wrote for 15 minutes to expand my scene outline

Coaching - intention mantra, journaling, emails, joy journaling

I did a bit of work setting up some mantras on my cork board, which is the start of decorating my office, so that was fun. I got all my clinic notes sorted out. I also did some more work on finding a new therapist. At night, I'm mostly hanging out and writing both creatively and journaling.

• Like 6

Wednesday w0d4 

Today was not a busy day. I tried to keep things pretty chill in preparation for my big exam tomorrow.

Board Review - reviewed 118 images, 3 primers, some notes, and one lecture

NaNoWriMo - did a 20 minute sprint of 900+ words to add to my scene outline

Coaching - intention mantra, journaling, emails, joy journaling

I went to the podiatrist today who diagnosed me with flat feet (I already knew this) and posterior tibialis tendon dysfunction (suspected this). I need to wear sneakers all the time and get custom orthotics. Hopefully this will finally address my foot pain and avoid the need for surgery. Fingers crossed. There's also fancy braces if I need them when I get back into higher impact movements. 

• Like 6

Thursday w0d5

Today was my first of the two boards. I am not sure how I did and won't find out for three months. So, best to keep moving

Board Review - took adult ID boards today

NaNoWriMo - 20 minutes of sprints to get some more character details worked out

Coaching - intention mantra, journaling, emails, coaching call, joy journaling

Took a big nap after the test was over. The next week is going to be quite busy, I fear. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

Today was my first of the two boards. I am not sure how I did and won't find out for three months. So, best to keep moving

WOOOOO! Also 3 months?! That's just cruel.

• Like 2

Friday w0d6

So I had a nasty surprise when I learned that I was covering the inpatient service instead of having time to catch up on my work. I made it through, but it made for quite the hectic morning.

Board Review - took the day off

NaNoWriMo - also took the day off

Coaching - intention mantra, movement session, journaling, email, joy journaling

I'm working this weekend, so hopefully it won't be too busy. I would like to relax a bit and get ready for the final push for the second set of boards. Not to mention things are gearing up for NaNo on 4thewords, and I'm wanting to play more than I can at the moment. 

• Like 7