• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's twenty sixth challenge!

30 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Looking really good!  It’s amazing what a few pieces of furniture can do to a space!  

I hope you’re settling in well. 

Thanks QQ. Yeah its kinda cool isnt it. 

Ive put my light up by the desk. Looks great i think?

79010098_467310380575056_3666549813215756288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=WKSsc0qub1sAQl8CpAgyn6qWdQoO0-thUSwkjZF4ct-SxUrYDJeXINUzg&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b78d30eef98953714b80a16ad43d6bab&oe=5E804F06

78156258_2802229523172687_2539902015127945216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=HRUMCtoxfjEAQm9Eix6UCARIC221FIjWKZOy7CGP78_kLebF4U5o3reJA&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b0c5e23b50e6a6d6d787ac8589b5077c&oe=5E8524B0

Just been to the shops, got some bits. Salad, Moussaka, Satsumas, Milk, Cereal, Bread, Forgot to get jam dammit. Also some knives. And a pan!

Im exhausted. And thinking about everything i have to do tomorrow is exhausting also haha Last bits from the old house, and a million trips to the tip. And the boiler should be fixed too. PLEASE I NEED TO WASH!!!!

xx

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Ive put my light up by the desk. Looks great i think?

Hey, I know I'm biased (being firefighter), but what material is the wall made of? If it's cement plaster, it's okay, but if it's any type of styrofoam decorative it might be a fire hazard letting hot lightbulb touch it. Maybe consider fixing something between cord and the wall to space the bulb a bit away from the wall. 

But yes, it looks nice :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aramis said:

Hey, I know I'm biased (being firefighter), but what material is the wall made of? If it's cement plaster, it's okay, but if it's any type of styrofoam decorative it might be a fire hazard letting hot lightbulb touch it. Maybe consider fixing something between cord and the wall to space the bulb a bit away from the wall. 

But yes, it looks nice :) 

good point. I could hang it from the ceiling so its away from the wall. xx

• Like 1

Morning!

9am

FREEZING COLD. The plumber comes today in an hour to look at the boiler eeek. PLEASE fix it so i can have hot water and heating. If so, im having a bath tonight :D 

Last night, i slept so well in my bed!! Comfy and lovely. 

Today is BUSY. I have to get rid of all the boxes and packaging... there is A LOT. So prob two or three trips to the tip, just for that. Then go to the old house, get rid of rubbish there and hoover. 

Tomorrow, Ste is helping me bring my books and bookshelves. Then i hand the keys back :(  and its all done. 

I also need to pick up paint and rollers. Ive ordered them, its 25 mins away i think... annoying. I should try to go today so its ready for this weekend. 

And i also have ordered a food shop! That arrives at 10 am tomorrow morning. Phew loads!

I havent really had time to sit and think about things...so im unsure how i feel. But just need to take meds and stuff. Hope things are ok xx

• Like 2

Hi. 2pm. Heating is on!!!! Well its off at the moment but it works and the flat is toasty. Need to keep an eye on the gas meter and figure out how much it costs to keep going per month. Bit worried... im sure ill figure it out though. 

I have bought paint eeeeek. Might try to start it later on. 

Right now i need to go to the bloody tip ugh.....so much packaging to take. 

Also, i got two prints ... Eraserhead and Catcher in the Rye...they looks brilliant i think!!!!!

78309388_603310053768012_5256279683783196672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=KJ15T5_XKIgAQlPW3Vhy8LvyRDvAHs4Yqt32AsN_-EMEq0VfidhufgGxg&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=c75216c3fb5fbda93e44e5948257ee74&oe=5E494269

78683021_428634827829100_6884613635235119104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=P6STKkWcvZkAQnlCV-JdDLTf4DsJ6F6BdmVuLDgpG1QCUDoOXisqMfDKQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=41605350ddbe613600bc5647f593e6e5&oe=5E3F0E4D

:D 

ok better drink this tea and go to the tip. Prob two trips :( xx

• Like 2

Omg what a long day. Went to the tip.... a really nice guy there helped me. I left the tip, loving it HAHA

Then i went to get paint and bits and bobs. AND LOOK>.........

77107467_731962723972358_4659829603928375296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=OKUcPBBy-qMAQnSsn5GHryNJgKtFCmn1U9hnOJD0fGcwxExrggZYEFFvg&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=5620e7384cbac19a5241464a5e57f997&oe=5E3EA5A9

78533295_1036902276646650_4902671955401900032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=vw3L_-qJxaoAQki-wz897Ig0b_f0yMX-IYuwziUkv9A9EX6C8A-Iv54fQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=36416dda001a6de21156732f92b045ad&oe=5E4796EF

I kinda love the flat now :D xx

• Like 4

Everything is looking beautiful and you're doing so great at settling in a little at a time! I love the paint (despite it being so tiring!) and your decor is artistic and stylish. Happy homecoming!  :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Looks super cozy!   The place AND Jackson, of course.  You did an amazing job pulling it all together. 

THANKS Suzy ❤️ i really appreciate you saying that!

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Everything is looking beautiful and you're doing so great at settling in a little at a time! I love the paint (despite it being so tiring!) and your decor is artistic and stylish. Happy homecoming!  :) 

Thank you Sky! Yes it was tiring, no idea how people do that as a job...!

ooh thanks ;) artistic and stylish is good !xx

• Like 1

Morning all! 5.45am wow im up early but i did go to bed around 10pm (early for me) i was so tired and  had an amazing bath which really tired me out even more!!

BUSY day again today....collecting the last of my stuff from the old house. All my books (too heavy to carry on my own!) and my book shelves. And need to go to the tip too...for the rubbish AND hoover. 

Also, i have a food shop arriving at 10.30am!

Im already looking forward to later when i can relax a bit. Tired just thinking of all the stuff to do. 

Cant wait to see up all my books...makes a difference to be surrounded by them :)

Need to tidy the kitchen and wash up. Its tiny so looks really messy if and when there are stuff about. I want to get some shelves put in so ill do that next week when i get some money. 

Roll on 7pm!!!!! x

• Like 2

Hey all. 11.30am. My food delivery came around 10am. I fell back to sleep and was woken by the door going :o so opened it bleary eyed haha

Got lots of good stuff, salad, veggies, fruit, etc. Also got some meat to make chilli and a beef stew. Warm me up as it gets even colder! I can freeze it in portions too for a quick meal when i need it. SO much room :D 

I am very tired today, and unfortunately I am feeling a bit sad. Not massively, just a nagging feeling, that i want to cry...im trying to be ok. Maybe im over tired or / and overwhelmed? 

Anyway, im drinking tea and listening to The Beach Boys. Nice Saturday morning tunes. 

Waiting for Ste to message to say to come round to move the rest of my stuff. 

My back is still hurting, and now my hamstrings are KILLING. They feel so so tight and painful. Anything i can do? I need to get back into a gym/exercise routine. Im disgusting. Ugh. 

Ok...Jackson just got onto the bed and fallen asleep right away hahah its been hard for him too! Stressful. 

Ive sorted the kitchen, need shelves. Will get some next week. Lots to do. 

I also HAVE to work on my funding application - and send it by WEDNESDAY...v important. x 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

I am very tired today, and unfortunately I am feeling a bit sad. Not massively, just a nagging feeling, that i want to cry...im trying to be ok. Maybe im over tired or / and overwhelmed? 

This feels like your body reeling from the whiplash of moving. I get that way sometimes too - something emotional gets completed and I freak out. I'm good at planning for it now, so it doesn't hit me as hard.

See if you can take a walk around the neighbourhood, that usually helps me.  10 minutes of shuffling around with no plan does wonders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

This feels like your body reeling from the whiplash of moving. I get that way sometimes too - something emotional gets completed and I freak out. I'm good at planning for it now, so it doesn't hit me as hard.

See if you can take a walk around the neighbourhood, that usually helps me.  10 minutes of shuffling around with no plan does wonders.

Thanks Echo, yes probably due to this week being so busy and hectic. Thanks for the response. Will try to walk at some point in the next couple of days. 

xx

• Like 1

Hey all. 8.20pm. Been a busy day, moving stuff from Ste's place. All my books are now here BUT there wasnt enough time to move the bookshelves...too dark :( so next Saturday we will do it. Kinda wanted them here now but i cant complain too much. Everything else is here now. 

Im tired and feel a bit sick. Ate too much Chinese food :( feel like an idiot. 

Hate this sadness. Any time i have a moment i just feel like a wave washes over me ...

x

• Like 2

omg i'm so glad the couch fit :D

you're allowed to feel things, Sal, even unpleasant things. sometimes emotions are meant to tell you something and sometimes they really are just a wave. either way, it's not something bad or wrong on you. could some of the sadness be from disappointment about the bookshelves, and the feeling sick from the Chinese food? If so, could you recognize the disappointment as valid, while also maybe looking at it as, the bookshelves can be something to still be looking forward to? And try to forgive/be nice to yourself about the food? I hope the sick feeling goes away soon!

i love the look of the paint, by the way! the color is lovely and there's something so aesthetically pleasing about the look of that couch, the lamp, and that red wall all together with that slanted wall...very cool look going on!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

omg i'm so glad the couch fit :D

you're allowed to feel things, Sal, even unpleasant things. sometimes emotions are meant to tell you something and sometimes they really are just a wave. either way, it's not something bad or wrong on you. could some of the sadness be from disappointment about the bookshelves, and the feeling sick from the Chinese food? If so, could you recognize the disappointment as valid, while also maybe looking at it as, the bookshelves can be something to still be looking forward to? And try to forgive/be nice to yourself about the food? I hope the sick feeling goes away soon!

i love the look of the paint, by the way! the color is lovely and there's something so aesthetically pleasing about the look of that couch, the lamp, and that red wall all together with that slanted wall...very cool look going on!

Thanks Mia. 

I think the sadness is just because ive had 'time' to think more, this eve. And so many things i am berating myself for. 

- Not doing any work for almost two weeks 

- Not exercising for A LONG TIME 

- Spending too much money

- Eating CRAP

Mainly those things :(

Thanks a lot. Glad you like it, i do too :) xx

Hello, morning. Its 5am. Oh my word its cold....im ok, warm enough wrapped in my duvet and just had a nice cuppa!

Outside its so frosty!!!! 

Jackson is watching the outside world, sat on the window sill. Very quiet though, and dark. Although the man upstairs seems to be awake too...i just heard him walking around. 

Today...i think ill put my Christmas tree up. Why the hell not?! haha

Might cheer me up!?

Dont know whats wrong with me...bleaurgh. 

Also a few pictures to put on the wall. ... will call my parents, do some work, watch the football...Everton are ready to make my life unbearable :) haha 

I may cook something as well. Ive really really been slacking with food intake. I feel its spiraling out of control...how do i get a grip of it again?!?! I either dont eat at all, or i am eating absolute shite. HELP ME haha

My hamstrings still very tight. Prob need to actually exercise a bit. FFS. im a slob. 

x

• Like 1

Hello. 

Its Christmasssssssss

77378380_1713175692151318_8286875647985319936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=ZrocMGiAlbEAQkPqYSwnq_fJgFKGrBZmquG_HteKwBUtfbPvkU_ZDF-bw&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=8190a39f54e702baad2c0eddc10ca970&oe=5E75AC57

AND new art from a local artist....£5 each on sale :o Good to support Manchester artists!!!

78565356_420830335469021_3436217945561235456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=m2n3Haa_oTwAQkcBvfWZYsBfG2TkZS31IhiQIEsLEfJVdWAg4LZ7JDezQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=930d1219a1d712b7419cd7b2b16195e5&oe=5E7B59E8

Just waiting for Everton... 4.30pm kick off (30 mins to go!)

Drinking tea and just had a mince pie. Unsure what to have for dinner later, maybe that moussaka and salad. Again, food is awful and i am spiraling out of control :o 

_____

Last day of challenge? WOW. A LOT happened. My mood has been bad and good then bad again. But i moved house and it looks nice and i am slowly settling. ...

I have eaten awfully, and i have not exercised and i am seriously, scarily unfit and overweight. booooo i need to look at this next challenge. Any tips and help appreciated :)

xx

• Like 2

On 11/30/2019 at 3:30 PM, Salinger said:

And so many things i am berating myself for. 

- Not doing any work for almost two weeks 

you have been deeply involved in finding a new place to live and moving in and getting it all set up. that's always a chaotic time and while getting work done during that would be something to congratulate, it's completely valid and understandable that it didn't. think about how tired out you've been, how this move has been taking so much of your focus and energy. of course there comes a time to get back up and into the swing of things, but you've had a lot of other things going on.

Spending too much money

okay, i don't know what all was a necessary purchase and what wasn't, but consider: moving is sometimes an expensive process. so not all of it is irresponsible or whatnot. i'm very familiar with the feeling of how fast money can go away and it's not a fun thing at all :( but the thing is, even if you did make some poor choices, it's already happened, and no amount of berating yourself is going to reverse those choices so instead, it might be a good time to think about how things could go better in the future?

- Not exercising for A LONG TIME 

- Eating CRAP

same thing here, i personally think you deserve some leeway but again, it can be in the past. what are some small changes you can make to get yourself back on track with this?

On 11/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, Salinger said:

how do i get a grip of it again?!?! I either dont eat at all, or i am eating absolute shite. HELP ME haha

i'd suggest making one or two small changes at a time. what's so bad about the way you eat, and what's something you can do to make it a little better? when you're not eating, is it due to not feeling like cooking, or forgetting to, or nothing being readily available? Do you need to consider meal prepping, or meal planning, or setting a little reminder, or just keeping some good snack choices on hand to make it easier? would it help to give yourself set days where you actively plan to have whatever food you want, and the rest of the time eat more strictly? i know you can get to where you want to be, friend, it's just a matter of figuring out what works for you ❤️ ❤️

• Like 1